Wells Fargo Employee Reviews in Canada

Been with the company since college
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 28, 2016
Typical grinding sales job, very little micro managing if your an active performer. Overall enjoy working for Wells Fargo. Excellent company to work for, lots of room for advancement.
Pros
Expands your network
Cons
High Sales goals
A family more than a job
PC/LAN Engineer (Current Employee) –  DublinJune 27, 2016
Working with Wells Fargo bank International is a very rewarding experience, its more of a family that a bunch of people working together which is why its such a great place to work and you feel a great deal of pride.
Pros
Cares for its staff
Cons
Very strict in unnecessary IT areas.
Productive Workplace
Wholesale Credit Analyst, Commercial Real Estate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 9, 2016
Wells Fargo is a good place to begin your career. They have a structured work environment for new analysts. They invest a lot in your training on the job. Management in Canada is a bit lax compared to the states as it is a new enterprise here.
Awesome place to work and very good compensation
Mortgage Default Recovery Officer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 10, 2016
They work environment is fun with amazing co workers as well they compensate their employees very well and if they if came back to Canada I would be the first person lined up at the door for the job
Productive and Good workplace balance
Real Estate Operations Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  MissisaugaApril 16, 2016
I loved the the environment at Wells Fargo Financials and would never leave this employer, but unfortunately the operations of this employer was closed down in Canada and moved to USA..so I changed my job. But I would have not left this Company.
Pros
Free lunchs all the time
Cons
Good work life balance
good company.
Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBJanuary 21, 2016
It was very good experience at Wells Fargo, a company where there is lot of scope to learn and share ideas. professional team and very flexible at work.
Great Experience and Learned a lot at Wells Fargo
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJanuary 2, 2016
I enjoyed my time at Wells Fargo in Bridgewater two summers ago. Ever since my time there I have been interested in continuing my education in financial studies and working for a financial corporation prior to and during working towards my masters degree.
c'est une bonne expérience
Gestionnaire de crédit (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QCDecember 14, 2015
Responsable d’effectuer les analyses de crédit et de solvabilité, d’effectuer des appels de vente et de planifier et
gérer des rendezvous.
Assurer la gestion de portefeuilles des prêts personnels et hypothécaires et assurer la
conclusion et la signature des documents légaux
Great team atmosphere
Consumer Loans Sales (inbound) (Former Employee) –  MississaugaSeptember 29, 2015
I had a great time working here. The supervisors were excellent with their constant help. The office facilities were quite good as well.
Too much sales
Senior Bilingual Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 24, 2015
Large size company, very well run. Would still be work if the company never downsized. Training was very thorough and detailed. Would recommend this company to others for employment.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours and low commission
Good to people to work with
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 3, 2015
Since i was new to Canada, when i started working with Wells Fargo.
Learned so much new about working with these people. I liked, when i used to help people consolidating their bills and help get them back on track.
Good entry to financial world
Lending Specialist Wells Fargo Financial (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJuly 27, 2015
I felt that that the training was a little hasty, and that I while I enjoyed being exposed to the financial world I wished that I had a chance to offer our customers a higher quality or better range of financial product.
Cons
Cold calling, customers upset with high interest rates
the most enjoyable part of the job
UI / Node.js / .net Developer (Current Employee) –  Concord CAJuly 19, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Manager's are very cool and supportive. Allowed work from home flexibility. Best work place.
Fun Place to work
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJuly 11, 2015
Enjoyed working with wells Fargo .. Learned a lot...Well rewarded and good Salary and recgnition for best performance
So So
Bilingual Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, MississaugaJuly 4, 2015
Pros: 200% RRSP match , paid overtime, covered parking
Cons: Managers watched everything you do, recorded everything, such as being one minute late, on the phone all the time with the dialer system
Pros
200% RRSP match, paid overtime, covered parking
Cons
On the phone all the time with the dialer system
pleasure working in Wells Fargo
QC (Former Employee) –  MontrealJune 2, 2015
Learnt few new technologies. People always discuss new technologies, they are work focused and I enjoyed working with them.
Professional both Publically and Privately
Project Manager II - Business / Finance (EPMO) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 13, 2015
Wells Fargo Financial Canada Corp not only understood what project management was but embraced its methodologies and leveraged its tool like no other company I've had the pleasure of working with.
At times the EPMO may have been a little too restrictive with some of its documentation processes but with process coaches and a review committee changes could be made in both an effective and timely manner.
Even though there are many siloed departments, the environment was always an open door structure which not only made it easier to build a broad range of project / initiative specialists but also when extra hands were required we just had to ask and endless volunteers came to support us.
Unfortunately the banking crash took its toll and forced the closure of it entire Financial Banking Services arm; else, I would probably still be there.
Pros
professional, hard working, but still fun!
Cons
a little over processed.
successful Sub-prime lending
SENIOR CREDIT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 11, 2015
Being the type of person i am, i quickly found myself being the goto employee as i learned all processes in the branch. This gave more opportunity but also more responsibility such as opening the branch, processing payouts, dealing dealing with head office, ect, - all areas not in my job description but accepted as challenges excite my competitive nature. Over the next few years, promotions and recognition came my way which opened more avenues and challenges.

Although my duration was a few years at Wells Fargo, the opportunities i was provided was incredible. Operating as the stores Assistant Manager for my last year, i found myself being a top lender in the region and given the Branch role of overseeing the Insurance sales and training all staff to meet their quotas.

Upon Wells Fargo closing all branches in Canada, i was kept on board to assist the branches closing prior to my severance.
Pros
learned alot over 3 years
Cons
company ended right before potential promotion
Great Place to work for
Senior Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMarch 10, 2015
Wells Fargo is a friendly work environment that inspires its workers to work hard with great rewards for the hard work you do. Great place for advancement and retirement benfits
great place to work
Assistant Manger/Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  sunnyvale caMarch 4, 2015
fast paste working enviornment, plenty of opportunity to grow with the company. always had a hard working team. made great money. had great benifits.. paid holiday and vacation days