Position No.: 2013-17
Position Title: Prenatal Facilitator – Casual
Approximately 3 hours per week
Division/Program: Family Health and Health Analytics
Program Manager: Program Manager - Reproductive Health
Position Summary: Will be responsible for the delivery of prenatal education curriculum in classroom setting to adult clients. Will be part of the Reproductive Health team, to ensure quality programs and consistency.
- Teach the complete prenatal series curriculum on weekdays and weekends as assigned
- Use a variety of appropriate teaching strategies to meet the learning needs of the groups involved in prenatal classes, and teaching resources as outlined in the reproductive health manual for prenatal classes
- Administrative duties including attendance tracking and collecting payments
- Maintain a current knowledge base in reproductive health including the following topics: anatomy, fetal development, pregnancy changes, healthy living, labour, birth plans, newborns, safety, parenting and breastfeeding
- Participate in ongoing professional development and prenatal facilitator meetings
- Evaluate teaching effectiveness on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate with Health Unit and community colleagues as appropriate
- Maintain a current knowledge base of community resources available to clients and refers appropriately to Healthy Babies Healthy Children home visiting programs, Child Health programs, CPNP and other community agencies.
*Anyone working exclusively as a Prenatal Facilitator is not included in the Bargaining Unit.
**If a WDG Public Health Nurse currently working less than full-time hours is the successful candidate for this position; compensation will be paid for 3 hours for each class at his/her current rate.
Hours of Work: * Classes operate weekday evenings (1 or 2 evenings)
- Saturday classes may also be scheduled
- Candidate must be available to teach in other communities, as
the need arises.
Position Effective: As soon as possible
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing Degree from a recognized Canadian university or equivalent
- Demonstrated knowledge base in adult education and reproductive health
- Knowledge of community resources agencies required
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in groups
- Good understanding of the public health mandate in the area of reproductive health and how it impacts on prenatal education
- Valid driver’s license and use of vehicle
- Maintain annual influenza immunization and adult immunization.
If you wish to be considered for this vacancy, please forward a resume and cover letter to the attention of:
Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health
474 Wellington Road 18, Suite 100
To view the full job posting visit www.wdgpublichealth.ca
Deadline for application is Monday, May 6th, 2013 at 4:30 p.m.
Please note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
“WDG Public Health is an equal opportunity employer. Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used to determine eligibility of employment".