Position Summary: The Welland Heritage Council and Multicultural Centre is seeking a dynamic and outgoing individual with extensive experience in business administration, facilitation, program management and public relations. This person will be an integral part of a new program being offered to immigrant women in Welland, Fort Erie and Niagara Falls areas. This project will educate newcomer women to become successful small-business entrepreneurs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to travel within Niagara Region – Driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- Self starter that demonstrates initiative and can work independently
- Previous project management in a not for profit organization would be an asset
- Bilingual in French, Spanish or other language would be an asset
Duties will include:
- 35 hour week with flexible working hours to meet with clients
- Recruit and assess candidates for the program
- Develop marketing materials and work with the media
- Work with various partner organizations
- Organize training sessions with the Business Program Instructor
- Review curriculum and assess business plans
- Work with financial institutions and management team
- Assist clients with loan application paperwork and follow-up.
- Maintain all records of the program and evaluation tools
- Develop and design presentations using PowerPoint and prepare presentation material
- Manage multiple projects and clients
- Ability to develop and maintain healthy partnerships with agencies, foundations, corporations, institutions and appropriate individuals
- Assist clients with research
- The ability to work in a diverse environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Over 5 year’s management skills with a minimum of Bachelor Degree in Business or Marketing.
- Proficient with MS Office, databases, email and internet communications.
Closing date: Thursday February 21 at 4:00p.m.