Job Posting: Intermediate Accountant
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Category: One-Year Contract
Job Number: MDC13-001
Our client, a real estate developer located in the Ottawa area, seeks an Accountant. This position will appeal to someone who enjoys the challenge of reporting to Senior Management and working with third parties to provide financial information in accordance with various contractual agreements. You will enjoy a job that will periodically result in shifts in priorities and be able to deal with changes on the fly.
The ideal candidate will be capable and comfortable in assuming the following responsibilities:
- Compile supporting documentation for account balances in year end files.
- Producing monthly and/or quarterly financial reports.
- Assist in making detailed financial projections for constructions projects
- Assist in preparing tax returns using TaxPrep software
- A/P entry, cash receipts entry, bank reconciliations, journal entries is a foundation of the position.
- College or University degree in accounting.
- Person working towards a Professional Accounting Designation is preferred.
- An understanding of intercorporate accounts and experience working within a corporate group
- A basic knowledge of corporate income and harmonized sales taxes
- Initiative, willingness and ability to accept responsibility. Aptitude for dealing with people in a respectful manner
- Ability to work under pressure, decisiveness, good judgment and common sense
- Ability to recognize and analyze problems.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 2 years ago
Welch LLP is a mid-sized full service firm of Chartered Accountants with a staff of over 200 people in 12 offices in Eastern Ontario,...