Job Posting: Bookkeeper
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Category: Full-time Permanent
Job Number: AS13-007
Welch LLP is a mid-sized full service firm of Chartered Accountants with a staff of over 200 people in 12 offices in Eastern Ontario, Western Quebec and the GTA – making Welch LLP the 14th largest accounting firm in Canada. Headquartered in Ottawa, Welch has been helping clients since 1918.
Welch LLP is a dynamic organization with a friendly work atmosphere. As a Bookkeeper you will be challenged with providing bookkeeping services in fulfilling the engagement requirements to the clients of the Ottawa office of Welch. You will work closely with all members of your team including senior managers and partners. You will have an opportunity to work in an environment that builds on the strengths of every employee and promotes their professional and personal development.
You must be an individual who can effectively plan and organize and who has an aptitude for developing and maintaining good relationships with clients and staff. You must also have the ability to handle a variety of responsibilities in a professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide bookkeeping services which encompasses the following; banking services, cash management, preparation of cash receipts and cash disbursement summaries, preparation of financial statements, completion and filing of government forms for multiple clients
- Payroll and payroll reporting
- Collect and interpret data from client and work with clients to solve any problems
- Record data on accounting software
- Understanding the clients’ needs and communicating findings with the client
- Monthly reporting – payroll, GST, HST, WSIB, EHT etc
- Efficiently document work performed in a manner that permits review with partner or manager
- Community College Diploma in Business Accounting
- A minimum of three (3) years experience or a combination of education and experience in a full cycle bookkeeping role
- Experience with payroll and payroll reporting is a requirement
- General business knowledge
- Working knowledge of accounting software, such as AccPac, Simply Accounting, Quickbooks, spreadsheets, databases and word processing
- Ability to effectively plan, organize, and control work
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, working on multiple assignments, with a high degree of autonomy over work
- Initiative, willingness and ability to accept responsibility. Aptitude for dealing with people in a respectful manner
- Ability to work under pressure, decisiveness, creativeness, good judgment and common sense
- Proven ability to recognize and analyze problems, propose sound alternatives and conclusions
- Ability to develop and maintain good relationships with clients
- Experience completing bookkeeping duties for multiple clients would be considered an asset
- Oral and written communication skills in French would be an asset
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word 2007 format, rtf or PDF referencing: AS13-007 in the subject line to:
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.