Job Posting: Bilingual Proposal Writer
Reports to: Marketing & Communications Manager
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Category: Full-time Permanent
Job Number: AS13-001
Welch LLP is a mid-sized full service firm of Chartered Accountants with a staff of over 200 people in 12 offices in Eastern Ontario, Western Quebec and the GTA – making Welch LLP the 19th largest accounting firm in Canada. In Ottawa, Welch is the largest independent firm, and has been helping clients since 1918.
Welch LLP is a dynamic organization with a friendly work atmosphere. As a Writer you will be challenged with coordinating the proposal process for the Government, Not-for-Profit and Private sectors from start to finish including active search for RFP’s on MERX, bid/no bid decisions, writing content, editing, proofreading, and coordinating with internal staff to assemble the proposal. You will have an opportunity to work in an environment that builds on the strengths of every employee and promotes their professional and personal development.
You must be an individual who can effectively plan and organize and who has an aptitude for delivering high quality deliverables within short deadlines. You must also have the ability to handle a variety of responsibilities in a professional manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination of the proposal writing process from start to finish including:
o Making recommendations on bid / no bid decisions
o Writing content, editing, proofreading
o Assembling proposal pieces against the proposal requirements
o Tracking proposal success rates
o Building and maintaining a proposal bank that contains a database of proposal pieces and staff bios
- Assisting the Marketing Department with:
o Coordinating external events (client seminars, alumni events, fundraising events) as well as, internal events (staff town halls, seminars)
o In the coordination of the firms’ participation in industry tradeshows and networking events
o With updating and maintaining the internal events calendar and helping to manage events registrations
o In the maintenance of our French website
o With utilizing social media to promote corporate brand
- University degree or College diploma in Communications, Marketing, English or related discipline
- A minimum of 1-2 years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of proposal writing and of the government procurement process
- Experience with researching and analyzing information
- Proficiency in MS Office applications; knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator CS6, Adobe Photoshop CS6 would be considered an asset
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to produce high-quality deliverable within short timelines
- A good understanding of the accounting principles, audit methodologies and nature of working within a public accounting firm would be considered an asset
- Working independently and taking initiative are a must
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in French and English
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word 2007 format, rtf or PDF referencing: AS13-001 in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.