Welch Allyn Employee Reviews

Productive but has its slow days
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NY4 August 2016
I love working for welch allyn. the company is a good company to work for and the environment and people are nice. When its busy you stay busy which i enjoy, but when its slow its very slow. many people that work there through a temp. agency trying to get hired on, you can get hired on but it takes a long time to get hired on. I enjoy my job, I just want and need something more stable and long lasting. I want a full time permanent job that offers insurance and all the great benefits as well as being able to always grow with the company. The hardest part of the job is to always find something to do to keep you busy when its a very slow day.
Welch Allyn has drive, propose, along with relaxing and calmness.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NY22 September 2016
Welch Allyn has a great balance of work hard / play hard in the workplace environment. I met a lot of dedicated employees that loved to take advantage of more learning experiences and training. That is the Welch Allyn team that I had the privilege to work with in my short employment during the transition period between Welch Allyn's acquisition of Scale-Tronix Medical Scale Product line, and the end of the TSS contract.
May best Regards to all the folks at Welch Allyn, which is now a division of Hill Rom.
I was employed as Service Manager during the acquisition of the Scale-Tronix Medical Scales product line by Welch Allyn, Inc.
• Trained 8 employees to assume role of customer service and repair service manager following acquisition.
• Developed and delivered training materials within 3 months to Welch Allyn (WA) service department.
• Equipped team to troubleshoot customer issues, identify problem source and identify or replace faulty parts.
• Returned product to original working order, fully functional and calibrated.
• Maintained customer and product information in the Systems, Applications and Products (SAP) system.
Pros
Great cafeteria, and gym
Cons
Located in mid NY state with 123" of annual snowfall.
Fantastic Company to build your career in
Senior Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NY3 November 2015
I only left because their IT department didnt need another admin and to live with my family in another state otherwise I would have stayed for life. Great wages, supportive community and fantastic company benefits.

The management can be temperamental and a bit inconsistent, however, it appears to reflect the result of a highly functioning team with few to no critical failures. Management must get bored sometimes without fires to put out.
Pros
Cafeteria is a+, health care, onsite gym, community activities, promote from within, best 401k
Cons
Higher demands due to higher playing job
Productive workplace
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NY11 May 2016
Great people to work with. Great opportunities to learn new technologies. Company supports individual career advances.
Great in Oregon! Not so in New York
Product Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NY8 January 2016
Loved working in Oregon . But the New York plant was not fun. People were hard to work with. Management didnt do anything about diffilcult employees. But it did pay well, great benefits.
fun place to work
Technician III (Former Employee) –  SKF6 July 2016
Learn new things every day and I loved my job. worked my way up from Fiber Optic builder to a Test Technician. I work in Engineering for 30 years and worked for some really nice people.
Pros
education packages
Cons
vacation time and sick time
Good working environment
Mechanical Engineer Internship (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NY21 May 2016
Hands on experience testing and analyzing products in multiple labs. Debugged spectrograph, designed and solid modeled new project with a group of senior engineer. It's a good learning experience.
No opportunities
CC Care (Current Employee) –  Skaneateles, NY5 November 2015
There are no opportunities for advancement here. Also it is impossible to get SME excited about working on projects as there is no recognition for them to do so and it is always in addition to their regular jobs.
A typical day
Manufacturing Operator II (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NY29 January 2014
I assembled medical products, packaged them, shipped them, trained Kelly Service And CPS employees to do the jobs I was proficient in. I helped with Kaizens and engineer builds. I interacted with process changes and help pass FDA audits. I was successful at Quality and effective in time management. I illustrated great communication skills and am a flexible co-worker.
Pros
benefits, enjoyed the job
Cons
need to move away from manufacturing and go to administrative and they do not have part time work
Great place to work.
Software QA Tester (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OR3 April 2015
Welch Allyn is a great place to work. Supportive management. Helped me make a smooth transition to test medical devices by providing adequate training and time to grasp medical device testing concepts. Friendly co-workers and flexible work culture.
Pros
Tolerant and supportive management.
Cons
Extremely short sighted goals.
Enjoyable Team Work
Software Test and Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NY13 March 2014
I was placed into the testing team and working with my team everyday for a year was a great experience. It really opened me up to group work. Management for the most part kept us busy with tasks, but when there were no official tasks to be done, we performed adhoc testing or lab maintenance. The culture was pretty relaxed, but still demanded you to complete work in an appropriate amount of time. Overall, it was a very good experience.
Pros
Team work
Great atmosphere and people!
Customer Service Trainer (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OR5 September 2013
What I liked best about working at Welch Allyn was the people and business culture. Good benefits and pay.
Pros
People and helping out in the local community
Cons
Company downsizing
Lay Offs, Low Pay, No Advancement
Production Worker, Kelly Temp (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NY4 November 2013
For a reputable company like Welch Allyn, they are one of the lowest paying entry level factory jobs around. They work with employment agencies and you can only work 11 month stretches at a time then must take a mandatory 3 month lay off. However, most of us don't make it 11 months before a layoff occurs.

Top officials do not forecast the future very well. We were told how we were going to have job security and overtime opportunities for the next three months and two weeks later, we were told the future was grim and layoffs were likely to occur soon. And they did.

When you are a production worker at Welch Allyn, you are subjected to wearing a "blue coat". All non-production workers do not wear a coat. At breaktime, we go to the same cafeteria and stand in the same line to order food. The "no-coats" ignore the coat-wearing workers, budge in line, and treat them like they do not exist.

The work, itself, came in varying levels of difficulty. Either it was 8 hours of putting three screws in a bag and sealing it, or running one of the positions on the line that took days/weeks to learn and master. Some supervisors expected unreasonable amounts of output.

There is a lot of back-stabbing that takes place among the factory workers. There is a definite disconnect between the temp workers and the WA employees. It's cut-throat to save your job. Everyone is related to someone, it's best you don't speak at all to anyone. I have not felt so low about myself and my place of employment in my entire life. It is worse than being in an over-managed high school full of
  more... rules, ridiculous regulations, and video surveillance.  less
Pros
out of work by 3 pm
Cons
management, lay offs, backstabbing coworkers
Great people I worked with
temp (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NY27 May 2014
I met a lot of special people working here. I had fun working here but at the same time, there is no advancement here. The company is kinda unfair.
Pros
Great people, clean
Cons
no advancement, no benefits, being a temp
Failing
Manufacturing/Machine Operator II (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NY27 May 2015
Employee appreciation was declining when I left the company. After 9 years hired on full time I became pregnant and was unable to work 3rd shift due to lack of daycare. After several requests for alternative job placement I was afforded no flexibility. I was fired for "Abandoning my Position" after failing to call in one night after the birth of my son.
was only a temp but I am still looking to being hired
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NY15 June 2012
Hardworking, quit but enjoyable and my co-workers have always been nice. I have learned also how to solder, repair, test, inspect, and what is expected of me at all times within my first week of working there. Management seemed very understanding and trusting. Understood that we are human and make mistakes. They also reward ideas which is awesome. I enjoyed everyday working there, just want them to see how much my work means to me and give me a chance and HIRE me......
Pros
enjoyable and rewarding
Cons
nothing really
Excellent company to work for
Credit Analyst/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NY6 April 2014
Great people, advancement, good benefits, a gym!!! Busy work days
fun place to work
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NY15 August 2014
I learned how to use many power tools and equipment,my co workers were a pleasure to work with, I found out that I was a very detailed person, but sometimes I tried to hard to be "perfect" at my work.The hardest part of the job was training over 100 people, the turnover rate was very high.The most enjoyable part was the management at Welch Allyn, they are wonderful.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks expensive healthcare
nice place to work for
assembly (Current Employee) –  NY6 May 2015
welch allyn is an enjoyable place to work for. the management helps employees to the best of their ability. my favorite part of the job is my co workers
Pros
breaks
Cons
pay
work wasn,t good
Machinist/ Assembler (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NY2 March 2015
I work for temp service that promise to hire but all long they have no intention to do so. They treat temp like they no body but temp work harder them the full time worker
Pros
people was nice
Cons
over work under paid

4.3