Welch Allyn

Welch Allyn Employee Reviews

Productive workplace
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NYMay 11, 2016
Great people to work with. Great opportunities to learn new technologies. Company supports individual career advances.
Great in Oregon! Not so in New York
Product Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NYJanuary 8, 2016
Loved working in Oregon . But the New York plant was not fun. People were hard to work with. Management didnt do anything about diffilcult employees. But it did pay well, great benefits.
No opportunities
CC Care (Current Employee) –  Skaneateles, NYNovember 5, 2015
There are no opportunities for advancement here. Also it is impossible to get SME excited about working on projects as there is no recognition for them to do so and it is always in addition to their regular jobs.
Fantastic Company to build your career in
Senior Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NYNovember 3, 2015
I only left because their IT department didnt need another admin and to live with my family in another state otherwise I would have stayed for life. Great wages, supportive community and fantastic company benefits.

The management can be temperamental and a bit inconsistent, however, it appears to reflect the result of a highly functioning team with few to no critical failures. Management must get bored sometimes without fires to put out.
Pros
Cafeteria is a+, health care, onsite gym, community activities, promote from within, best 401k
Cons
Higher demands due to higher playing job
Good company with good benefits.
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NYMay 29, 2015
I enjoyed working for Welch Allyn. The building I worked in was always clean and orderly. There was a fantastic cafeteria and places to eat outside in nice weather. The people I worked with were nice and my manager was also very nice and helpful. The reason I no longer work there is because my husband and I wanted to be with family that live here in Montgomery. We also couldn't deal with the snow that upstate N.Y. gets.
Failing
Manufacturing/Machine Operator II (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NYMay 27, 2015
Employee appreciation was declining when I left the company. After 9 years hired on full time I became pregnant and was unable to work 3rd shift due to lack of daycare. After several requests for alternative job placement I was afforded no flexibility. I was fired for "Abandoning my Position" after failing to call in one night after the birth of my son.
nice place to work for
assembly (Current Employee) –  NYMay 6, 2015
welch allyn is an enjoyable place to work for. the management helps employees to the best of their ability. my favorite part of the job is my co workers
Pros
breaks
Cons
pay
Great place to work.
Software QA Tester (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 3, 2015
Welch Allyn is a great place to work. Supportive management. Helped me make a smooth transition to test medical devices by providing adequate training and time to grasp medical device testing concepts. Friendly co-workers and flexible work culture.
Pros
Tolerant and supportive management.
Cons
Extremely short sighted goals.
Excellent place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 17, 2015
My typical workday starts is when me and my co-workers get the processing equipment cleaned prepared for operation. The most enjoyable part of the is when my supervisor sends me over to help out in shipping or other different assignments.
work wasn,t good
Machinist/ Assembler (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYMarch 2, 2015
I work for temp service that promise to hire but all long they have no intention to do so. They treat temp like they no body but temp work harder them the full time worker
Pros
people was nice
Cons
over work under paid
Great Workplace
Maintenance Satff (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NYSeptember 3, 2014
-Friendly Co-workers
-I learned handy skills and good people skills
-My boss was great and always there if I need something
-Working outdoors
fun place to work
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NYAugust 15, 2014
I learned how to use many power tools and equipment,my co workers were a pleasure to work with, I found out that I was a very detailed person, but sometimes I tried to hard to be "perfect" at my work.The hardest part of the job was training over 100 people, the turnover rate was very high.The most enjoyable part was the management at Welch Allyn, they are wonderful.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks expensive healthcare
A fun work enviroment with a pingpong table.
Quality tester (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 15, 2014
When we were on our break we had our own ping pong table and a small area with computer access. All my coworkers were friendly.
Acute Care Sales (Current Employee) –  Lenexa ksJune 27, 2014
Family owned company selling medical equipment throughout the continuum of care.
Great people I worked with
temp (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NYMay 27, 2014
I met a lot of special people working here. I had fun working here but at the same time, there is no advancement here. The company is kinda unfair.
Pros
great people, clean
Cons
no advancement, no benefits, being a temp
Get it done attitude among employess, wtih Best Known Methods
Senior Test Engineering Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 14, 2014
Challenging and rewarding. Not sure of company strategy for the next 1-3 years.
Excellent company to work for
Credit Analyst/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NYApril 6, 2014
Great people, advancement, good benefits, a gym!!! Busy work days
Enjoyable Team Work
Software Test and Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NYMarch 13, 2014
I was placed into the testing team and working with my team everyday for a year was a great experience. It really opened me up to group work. Management for the most part kept us busy with tasks, but when there were no official tasks to be done, we performed adhoc testing or lab maintenance. The culture was pretty relaxed, but still demanded you to complete work in an appropriate amount of time. Overall, it was a very good experience.
Pros
team work
Embedded Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Skaneateles, NYMarch 3, 2014
Excellent co-workers, good fitness club and fun activities
Privatly owened family company
Technician III / Department Maint. Coord. (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA , Skaneateles Falls, NY.February 28, 2014
Attended daily department morning market meeting. Prioritize work schedules and assign task. Performed daily Calibration and Preventive Maintenance on department equipment. Maintained and updated master spread sheet for PM's, Conducted evaluations, repairs, and overhauls on customer’s equipment and automated testers to ensure proper operation. Covered as Supervisor when needed.
Pros
new gym & lunch room. nice bonus at the end of the year. supports education.
Cons
moving to many jobs to mexico.

4.2