Welch Allyn

Welch Allyn Employee Reviews

Fantastic Company to build your career in
Senior Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NYNovember 3, 2015
I only left because their IT department didnt need another admin and to live with my family in another state otherwise I would have stayed for life. Great wages, supportive community and fantastic company benefits.

The management can be temperamental and a bit inconsistent, however, it appears to reflect the result of a highly functioning team with few to no critical failures. Management must get bored sometimes without fires to put out.
Pros
Cafeteria is a+, health care, onsite gym, community activities, promote from within, best 401k
Cons
Higher demands due to higher playing job
Great in Oregon! Not so in New York
Product Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NYJanuary 8, 2016
Loved working in Oregon . But the New York plant was not fun. People were hard to work with. Management didnt do anything about diffilcult employees. But it did pay well, great benefits.
No opportunities
CC Care (Current Employee) –  Skaneateles, NYNovember 5, 2015
There are no opportunities for advancement here. Also it is impossible to get SME excited about working on projects as there is no recognition for them to do so and it is always in addition to their regular jobs.
Productive workplace
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NYMay 11, 2016
Great people to work with. Great opportunities to learn new technologies. Company supports individual career advances.
Great place to work.
Software QA Tester (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 3, 2015
Welch Allyn is a great place to work. Supportive management. Helped me make a smooth transition to test medical devices by providing adequate training and time to grasp medical device testing concepts. Friendly co-workers and flexible work culture.
Pros
Tolerant and supportive management.
Cons
Extremely short sighted goals.
Failing
Manufacturing/Machine Operator II (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NYMay 27, 2015
Employee appreciation was declining when I left the company. After 9 years hired on full time I became pregnant and was unable to work 3rd shift due to lack of daycare. After several requests for alternative job placement I was afforded no flexibility. I was fired for "Abandoning my Position" after failing to call in one night after the birth of my son.
A typical day
Manufacturing Operator II (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NYJanuary 29, 2014
I assembled medical products, packaged them, shipped them, trained Kelly Service And CPS employees to do the jobs I was proficient in. I helped with Kaizens and engineer builds. I interacted with process changes and help pass FDA audits. I was successful at Quality and effective in time management. I illustrated great communication skills and am a flexible co-worker.
Pros
benefits, enjoyed the job
Cons
need to move away from manufacturing and go to administrative and they do not have part time work
Enjoyable Team Work
Software Test and Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NYMarch 13, 2014
I was placed into the testing team and working with my team everyday for a year was a great experience. It really opened me up to group work. Management for the most part kept us busy with tasks, but when there were no official tasks to be done, we performed adhoc testing or lab maintenance. The culture was pretty relaxed, but still demanded you to complete work in an appropriate amount of time. Overall, it was a very good experience.
Pros
team work
nice place to work for
assembly (Current Employee) –  NYMay 6, 2015
welch allyn is an enjoyable place to work for. the management helps employees to the best of their ability. my favorite part of the job is my co workers
Pros
breaks
Cons
pay
Good company with good benefits.
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NYMay 29, 2015
I enjoyed working for Welch Allyn. The building I worked in was always clean and orderly. There was a fantastic cafeteria and places to eat outside in nice weather. The people I worked with were nice and my manager was also very nice and helpful. The reason I no longer work there is because my husband and I wanted to be with family that live here in Montgomery. We also couldn't deal with the snow that upstate N.Y. gets.
work wasn,t good
Machinist/ Assembler (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYMarch 2, 2015
I work for temp service that promise to hire but all long they have no intention to do so. They treat temp like they no body but temp work harder them the full time worker
Pros
people was nice
Cons
over work under paid
Great atmosphere and people!
Customer Service Trainer (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 5, 2013
What I liked best about working at Welch Allyn was the people and business culture. Good benefits and pay.
Pros
people and helping out in the local community
Cons
company downsizing
Lay Offs, Low Pay, No Advancement
Production Worker, Kelly Temp (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NYNovember 4, 2013
For a reputable company like Welch Allyn, they are one of the lowest paying entry level factory jobs around. They work with employment agencies and you can only work 11 month stretches at a time then must take a mandatory 3 month lay off. However, most of us don't make it 11 months before a layoff occurs.

Top officials do not forecast the future very well. We were told how we were going to have job security and overtime opportunities for the next three months and two weeks later, we were told the future was grim and layoffs were likely to occur soon. And they did.

When you are a production worker at Welch Allyn, you are subjected to wearing a "blue coat". All non-production workers do not wear a coat. At breaktime, we go to the same cafeteria and stand in the same line to order food. The "no-coats" ignore the coat-wearing workers, budge in line, and treat them like they do not exist.

The work, itself, came in varying levels of difficulty. Either it was 8 hours of putting three screws in a bag and sealing it, or running one of the positions on the line that took days/weeks to learn and master. Some supervisors expected unreasonable amounts of output.

There is a lot of back-stabbing that takes place among the factory workers. There is a definite disconnect between the temp workers and the WA employees. It's cut-throat to save your job. Everyone is related to someone, it's best you don't speak at all to anyone. I have not felt so low about myself and my place of employment in my entire life. It is worse than being in an over-managed high school full of rules, ridiculous regulations,
  more... and video surveillance.  less
Pros
out of work by 3 pm
Cons
management, lay offs, backstabbing coworkers
Great people I worked with
temp (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NYMay 27, 2014
I met a lot of special people working here. I had fun working here but at the same time, there is no advancement here. The company is kinda unfair.
Pros
great people, clean
Cons
no advancement, no benefits, being a temp
Excellent company to work for
Credit Analyst/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NYApril 6, 2014
Great people, advancement, good benefits, a gym!!! Busy work days
fun place to work
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NYAugust 15, 2014
I learned how to use many power tools and equipment,my co workers were a pleasure to work with, I found out that I was a very detailed person, but sometimes I tried to hard to be "perfect" at my work.The hardest part of the job was training over 100 people, the turnover rate was very high.The most enjoyable part was the management at Welch Allyn, they are wonderful.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks expensive healthcare
was only a temp but I am still looking to being hired
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NYJune 15, 2012
Hardworking, quit but enjoyable and my co-workers have always been nice. I have learned also how to solder, repair, test, inspect, and what is expected of me at all times within my first week of working there. Management seemed very understanding and trusting. Understood that we are human and make mistakes. They also reward ideas which is awesome. I enjoyed everyday working there, just want them to see how much my work means to me and give me a chance and HIRE me......
Pros
enjoyable and rewarding
Cons
nothing really
Excellent place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 17, 2015
My typical workday starts is when me and my co-workers get the processing equipment cleaned prepared for operation. The most enjoyable part of the is when my supervisor sends me over to help out in shipping or other different assignments.
Very good place to work, and to have fun too.
Sales Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NYJuly 27, 2012
Very good place to work, and to have fun too. Cutting edge products, and excellent customer focus.
Pros
great benefits, great pay, excellent opportunites for growth
Cons
too many mergers, got too big, lost personal touch with employees.
Friendly co-workers in a comfortable environment
Technical Support III (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORJune 1, 2012
I take responsibility for a broad range of facets within the company, from customer care to manually repairing devices. I appreciate opportunities to expand my technical knowledge, and this position allows me to explore a variety of software and hardware intricacies. While customers don't always express gratitude for my services, I am fortunate to work alongside a very nice group of individuals. I'm glad to provide assistance to all who need it and am determined to solve any problems that may arise.

4.2