Welch Allyn Employee Reviews

It is an interesting place to work. I feel good about what the company stands behind which is making a good product that changes lives everyday.
Operator II/back up line lead (Current Employee) –  Skaneateles, NY5 August 2017
Over all a good place to work. Very competitive in the feild and good to its employees. Communication could be better from the hill-rom side. We have challenges everyday that make the jobs interesting.
Pros
Good benefits, pay is good
Cons
Short breaks
Muy buena empresa para trabajar. Lejos de mi casa
Manager & Value stream Leader Logistics (Former Employee) –  Tijuana, B.C.4 August 2017
Es una empresa muy buena solo queda muy retirado de mi hogar.
Pros
Muy buenas prestaciones y muy buena cultura laboral
Cons
Lejos de mi casa
Sr. Electrical Engineer / Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Arden, NC12 June 2017
This too was a great place to work would highly recommend to anyone they have great pay and excellent benefits. Great culture, you feel like you are at home.
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Skaneateles, NY11 June 2017
I loved welch allyn and the people there but didn't like my job so have to get out. My responsibilities were ok and the people I managed were great but my manager and I didn't get along.
Welch Allyn summary
OTOSCOPE ASSEMBLY (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NY1 February 2017
The people who work there are alright, though don't know the concept of working together nor do they show pride in their work. The manager was pretty rough with controlling the flow of work, and had little to no attention with his associates. There was a decent amount of break time, but very, very poor pay. The job is of great importance, but the workers get no benefits, nor paychecks to help sustain a proper life style.
Pros
Good break times, semi-decent coworkers
Cons
Poor management, low pay, no benefits, lack of leadership
Dynamic medical manufacturer, sales and marketing, changing environment
Marketing EMR Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Skaneateles, NY3 January 2017
Dynamic marketing, new products, fast paced, highly competitive marketplace, used to be family owned, now publicly owned. Awesome to be a part of a growing company that manufactures OEM in Upstate NY USA!!
cleaning business
operator (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NY20 October 2016
I owned and operated cleaning business, I worked with families project mangers, real estate agents. I found you need to listen very carefully to your clients every person likes different things. I became very detailed oriented. this job definitely improved my communication skills
Pros
working for myself
Cons
not always enough work/hard to get started
Welch Allyn has drive, propose, along with relaxing and calmness.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NY22 September 2016
Welch Allyn has a great balance of work hard / play hard in the workplace environment. I met a lot of dedicated employees that loved to take advantage of more learning experiences and training. That is the Welch Allyn team that I had the privilege to work with in my short employment during the transition period between Welch Allyn's acquisition of Scale-Tronix Medical Scale Product line, and the end of the TSS contract.
May best Regards to all the folks at Welch Allyn, which is now a division of Hill Rom.
I was employed as Service Manager during the acquisition of the Scale-Tronix Medical Scales product line by Welch Allyn, Inc.
• Trained 8 employees to assume role of customer service and repair service manager following acquisition.
• Developed and delivered training materials within 3 months to Welch Allyn (WA) service department.
• Equipped team to troubleshoot customer issues, identify problem source and identify or replace faulty parts.
• Returned product to original working order, fully functional and calibrated.
• Maintained customer and product information in the Systems, Applications and Products (SAP) system.
Pros
Great cafeteria, and gym
Cons
Located in mid NY state with 123" of annual snowfall.
Productive but has its slow days
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NY4 August 2016
I love working for welch allyn. the company is a good company to work for and the environment and people are nice. When its busy you stay busy which i enjoy, but when its slow its very slow. many people that work there through a temp. agency trying to get hired on, you can get hired on but it takes a long time to get hired on. I enjoy my job, I just want and need something more stable and long lasting. I want a full time permanent job that offers insurance and all the great benefits as well as being able to always grow with the company. The hardest part of the job is to always find something to do to keep you busy when its a very slow day.
fun place to work
Technician III (Former Employee) –  SKF6 July 2016
Learn new things every day and I loved my job. worked my way up from Fiber Optic builder to a Test Technician. I work in Engineering for 30 years and worked for some really nice people.
Pros
education packages
Cons
vacation time and sick time

Want to know more about Welch Allyn?

Ask a question
Good working environment
Mechanical Engineer Internship (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NY21 May 2016
Hands on experience testing and analyzing products in multiple labs. Debugged spectrograph, designed and solid modeled new project with a group of senior engineer. It's a good learning experience.
Productive workplace
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NY11 May 2016
Great people to work with. Great opportunities to learn new technologies. Company supports individual career advances.
Great in Oregon! Not so in New York
Product Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NY8 January 2016
Loved working in Oregon . But the New York plant was not fun. People were hard to work with. Management didnt do anything about diffilcult employees. But it did pay well, great benefits.
No opportunities
CC Care (Current Employee) –  Skaneateles, NY5 November 2015
There are no opportunities for advancement here. Also it is impossible to get SME excited about working on projects as there is no recognition for them to do so and it is always in addition to their regular jobs.
Fantastic Company to build your career in
Senior Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NY3 November 2015
I only left because their IT department didnt need another admin and to live with my family in another state otherwise I would have stayed for life. Great wages, supportive community and fantastic company benefits.

The management can be temperamental and a bit inconsistent, however, it appears to reflect the result of a highly functioning team with few to no critical failures. Management must get bored sometimes without fires to put out.
Pros
Cafeteria is a+, health care, onsite gym, community activities, promote from within, best 401k
Cons
Higher demands due to higher playing job
Good company with good benefits.
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NY29 May 2015
I enjoyed working for Welch Allyn. The building I worked in was always clean and orderly. There was a fantastic cafeteria and places to eat outside in nice weather. The people I worked with were nice and my manager was also very nice and helpful. The reason I no longer work there is because my husband and I wanted to be with family that live here in Montgomery. We also couldn't deal with the snow that upstate N.Y. gets.
Failing
Manufacturing/Machine Operator II (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NY27 May 2015
Employee appreciation was declining when I left the company. After 9 years hired on full time I became pregnant and was unable to work 3rd shift due to lack of daycare. After several requests for alternative job placement I was afforded no flexibility. I was fired for "Abandoning my Position" after failing to call in one night after the birth of my son.
nice place to work for
assembly (Current Employee) –  NY6 May 2015
welch allyn is an enjoyable place to work for. the management helps employees to the best of their ability. my favorite part of the job is my co workers
Pros
breaks
Cons
pay
Great place to work.
Software QA Tester (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, OR3 April 2015
Welch Allyn is a great place to work. Supportive management. Helped me make a smooth transition to test medical devices by providing adequate training and time to grasp medical device testing concepts. Friendly co-workers and flexible work culture.
Pros
Tolerant and supportive management.
Cons
Extremely short sighted goals.
Excellent place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA17 March 2015
My typical workday starts is when me and my co-workers get the processing equipment cleaned prepared for operation. The most enjoyable part of the is when my supervisor sends me over to help out in shipping or other different assignments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Welch Allyn. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2