Welch Allyn

Welch Allyn Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Failing
Manufacturing/Machine Operator II (Former Employee), Skaneateles Falls, NYMay 27, 2015
Employee appreciation was declining when I left the company. After 9 years hired on full time I became pregnant and was unable to work 3rd shift due to lack of daycare. After several requests for alternative job placement I was afforded no flexibility. I was fired for "Abandoning my Position" after failing to call in one night after the birth of my son.
nice place to work for
assembly (Current Employee), NYMay 6, 2015
Pros: breaks
Cons: pay
welch allyn is an enjoyable place to work for. the management helps employees to the best of their ability. my favorite part of the job is my co workers
Great place to work.
Software QA Tester (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORApril 3, 2015
Pros: Tolerant and supportive management.
Cons: Extremely short sighted goals.
Welch Allyn is a great place to work. Supportive management. Helped me make a smooth transition to test medical devices by providing adequate training and time to grasp medical device testing concepts. Friendly co-workers and flexible work culture.
Excellent place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 17, 2015
My typical workday starts is when me and my co-workers get the processing equipment cleaned prepared for operation. The most enjoyable part of the is when my supervisor sends me over to help out in shipping or other different assignments.
work wasn,t good
Machinist/ Assembler (Former Employee), Auburn, NYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: people was nice
Cons: over work under paid
I work for temp service that promise to hire but all long they have no intention to do so. They treat temp like they no body but temp work harder them the full time worker
Great Workplace
Maintenance Satff (Former Employee), Skaneateles, NYSeptember 3, 2014
-Friendly Co-workers
-I learned handy skills and good people skills
-My boss was great and always there if I need something
-Working outdoors
fun place to work
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee), Skaneateles, NYAugust 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks expensive healthcare
I learned how to use many power tools and equipment,my co workers were a pleasure to work with, I found out that I was a very detailed person, but sometimes I tried to hard to be "perfect" at my work.The hardest part of the job was training over 100 people, the turnover rate was very high.The most enjoyable part was the management at Welch Allyn, they are wonderful.
A fun work enviroment with a pingpong table.
Quality tester (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORJuly 15, 2014
When we were on our break we had our own ping pong table and a small area with computer access. All my coworkers were friendly.
Acute Care Sales (Current Employee), Lenexa ksJune 27, 2014
Family owned company selling medical equipment throughout the continuum of care.
Great people I worked with
temp (Former Employee), Skaneateles Falls, NYMay 27, 2014
Pros: great people, clean
Cons: no advancement, no benefits, being a temp
I met a lot of special people working here. I had fun working here but at the same time, there is no advancement here. The company is kinda unfair.
Get it done attitude among employess, wtih Best Known Methods
Senior Test Engineering Specialist (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORApril 14, 2014
Challenging and rewarding. Not sure of company strategy for the next 1-3 years.
Excellent company to work for
Credit Analyst/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Skaneateles, NYApril 6, 2014
Great people, advancement, good benefits, a gym!!! Busy work days
Enjoyable Team Work
Software Test and Validation Engineer (Former Employee), Skaneateles Falls, NYMarch 13, 2014
Pros: team work
I was placed into the testing team and working with my team everyday for a year was a great experience. It really opened me up to group work. Management for the most part kept us busy with tasks, but when – more... there were no official tasks to be done, we performed adhoc testing or lab maintenance. The culture was pretty relaxed, but still demanded you to complete work in an appropriate amount of time. Overall, it was a very good experience. – less
Embedded Software Engineer (Current Employee), Skaneateles, NYMarch 3, 2014
Excellent co-workers, good fitness club and fun activities
Privatly owened family company
Technician III / Department Maint. Coord. (Former Employee), San Diego, CA , Skaneateles Falls, NY.February 28, 2014
Pros: new gym & lunch room. nice bonus at the end of the year. supports education.
Cons: moving to many jobs to mexico.
Attended daily department morning market meeting. Prioritize work schedules and assign task. Performed daily Calibration and Preventive Maintenance on department equipment. Maintained and updated master spread sheet for PM's, Conducted evaluations, repairs, and overhauls on customer’s equipment and automated testers to ensure proper operation. Covered as Supervisor when needed.
Machine Operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Skaneatles, NYFebruary 16, 2014
Did not enjoy this job. It was very difficult cuz the machines always kept breaking down and it slowed down my progress.
A typical day
Manufacturing Operator II (Former Employee), Skaneateles Falls, NYJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: benefits, enjoyed the job
Cons: need to move away from manufacturing and go to administrative and they do not have part time work
I assembled medical products, packaged them, shipped them, trained Kelly Service And CPS employees to do the jobs I was proficient in. I helped with Kaizens and engineer builds. I interacted with process changes and help pass FDA audits. I was successful at Quality and effective in time management. I illustrated great communication skills and am a flexible co-worker.
Productive and motivate place
Customer Service Rep for Latin-American (Former Employee), Doral, FLDecember 11, 2013
A typical day on Welch Allyn start with meetings with the Sales Rep, then meeting with the Team, and the rest of the day working and contact with the customer all the time
Great place to work.
Manufacturing Operator II (Former Employee), Beaverton oregonNovember 5, 2013
Great company to work for. Wonderful people. Atmosphere is nice and great supervisiors
Lay Offs, Low Pay, No Advancement
Production Worker, Kelly Temp (Former Employee), Skaneateles, NYNovember 4, 2013
Pros: out of work by 3 pm
Cons: management, lay offs, backstabbing coworkers
For a reputable company like Welch Allyn, they are one of the lowest paying entry level factory jobs around. They work with employment agencies and you can only work 11 month stretches at a time then must – more... take a mandatory 3 month lay off. However, most of us don't make it 11 months before a layoff occurs.

Top officials do not forecast the future very well. We were told how we were going to have job security and overtime opportunities for the next three months and two weeks later, we were told the future was grim and layoffs were likely to occur soon. And they did.

When you are a production worker at Welch Allyn, you are subjected to wearing a "blue coat". All non-production workers do not wear a coat. At breaktime, we go to the same cafeteria and stand in the same line to order food. The "no-coats" ignore the coat-wearing workers, budge in line, and treat them like they do not exist.

The work, itself, came in varying levels of difficulty. Either it was 8 hours of putting three screws in a bag and sealing it, or running one of the positions on the line that took days/weeks to learn and master. Some supervisors expected unreasonable amounts of output.

There is a lot of back-stabbing that takes place among the factory workers. There is a definite disconnect between the temp workers and the WA employees. It's cut-throat to save your job. Everyone is related to someone, it's best you don't speak at all to anyone. I have not felt so low about myself and my place of employment in my entire life. It is worse than being in an over-managed high school full of rules, ridiculous regulations, and video surveillance. – less

About Welch Allyn

Founded in 1915, Welch Allyn is a privately-owned global manufacturer of medical diagnostic equipment leading the industry with – Read more