Welch Allyn

Welch Allyn Employee Reviews

Fantastic Company to build your career in
Senior Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NYNovember 3, 2015
I only left because their IT department didnt need another admin and to live with my family in another state otherwise I would have stayed for life. Great wages, supportive community and fantastic company benefits.

The management can be temperamental and a bit inconsistent, however, it appears to reflect the result of a highly functioning team with few to no critical failures. Management must get bored sometimes without fires to put out.
Pros
Cafeteria is a+, health care, onsite gym, community activities, promote from within, best 401k
Cons
Higher demands due to higher playing job
Great in Oregon! Not so in New York
Product Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NYJanuary 8, 2016
Loved working in Oregon . But the New York plant was not fun. People were hard to work with. Management didnt do anything about diffilcult employees. But it did pay well, great benefits.
Productive but has its slow days
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYAugust 4, 2016
I love working for welch allyn. the company is a good company to work for and the environment and people are nice. When its busy you stay busy which i enjoy, but when its slow its very slow. many people that work there through a temp. agency trying to get hired on, you can get hired on but it takes a long time to get hired on. I enjoy my job, I just want and need something more stable and long lasting. I want a full time permanent job that offers insurance and all the great benefits as well as being able to always grow with the company. The hardest part of the job is to always find something to do to keep you busy when its a very slow day.
fun place to work
Technician III (Former Employee) –  SKFJuly 6, 2016
Learn new things every day and I loved my job. worked my way up from Fiber Optic builder to a Test Technician. I work in Engineering for 30 years and worked for some really nice people.
Pros
education packages
Cons
vacation time and sick time
Good working environment
Mechanical Engineer Internship (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NYMay 21, 2016
Hands on experience testing and analyzing products in multiple labs. Debugged spectrograph, designed and solid modeled new project with a group of senior engineer. It's a good learning experience.
Productive workplace
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NYMay 11, 2016
Great people to work with. Great opportunities to learn new technologies. Company supports individual career advances.
A typical day
Manufacturing Operator II (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NYJanuary 29, 2014
I assembled medical products, packaged them, shipped them, trained Kelly Service And CPS employees to do the jobs I was proficient in. I helped with Kaizens and engineer builds. I interacted with process changes and help pass FDA audits. I was successful at Quality and effective in time management. I illustrated great communication skills and am a flexible co-worker.
Pros
benefits, enjoyed the job
Cons
need to move away from manufacturing and go to administrative and they do not have part time work
No opportunities
CC Care (Current Employee) –  Skaneateles, NYNovember 5, 2015
There are no opportunities for advancement here. Also it is impossible to get SME excited about working on projects as there is no recognition for them to do so and it is always in addition to their regular jobs.
Great people I worked with
temp (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NYMay 27, 2014
I met a lot of special people working here. I had fun working here but at the same time, there is no advancement here. The company is kinda unfair.
Pros
great people, clean
Cons
no advancement, no benefits, being a temp
Very good place to work, and to have fun too.
Sales Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NYJuly 27, 2012
Very good place to work, and to have fun too. Cutting edge products, and excellent customer focus.
Pros
great benefits, great pay, excellent opportunites for growth
Cons
too many mergers, got too big, lost personal touch with employees.
Great atmosphere and people!
Customer Service Trainer (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 5, 2013
What I liked best about working at Welch Allyn was the people and business culture. Good benefits and pay.
Pros
people and helping out in the local community
Cons
company downsizing
Excellent company to work for
Credit Analyst/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles, NYApril 6, 2014
Great people, advancement, good benefits, a gym!!! Busy work days
Machine Operator II (Former Employee) –  cuff fabricationNovember 29, 2012
very fast paced in some departments, good people to work with, good benefits
Pros
free coffee or juice before start of shift
Cons
short breaks
Failing
Manufacturing/Machine Operator II (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NYMay 27, 2015
Employee appreciation was declining when I left the company. After 9 years hired on full time I became pregnant and was unable to work 3rd shift due to lack of daycare. After several requests for alternative job placement I was afforded no flexibility. I was fired for "Abandoning my Position" after failing to call in one night after the birth of my son.
Great place to work.
Software QA Tester (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 3, 2015
Welch Allyn is a great place to work. Supportive management. Helped me make a smooth transition to test medical devices by providing adequate training and time to grasp medical device testing concepts. Friendly co-workers and flexible work culture.
Pros
Tolerant and supportive management.
Cons
Extremely short sighted goals.
Good company with good benefits.
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NYMay 29, 2015
I enjoyed working for Welch Allyn. The building I worked in was always clean and orderly. There was a fantastic cafeteria and places to eat outside in nice weather. The people I worked with were nice and my manager was also very nice and helpful. The reason I no longer work there is because my husband and I wanted to be with family that live here in Montgomery. We also couldn't deal with the snow that upstate N.Y. gets.
Enjoyable Team Work
Software Test and Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NYMarch 13, 2014
I was placed into the testing team and working with my team everyday for a year was a great experience. It really opened me up to group work. Management for the most part kept us busy with tasks, but when there were no official tasks to be done, we performed adhoc testing or lab maintenance. The culture was pretty relaxed, but still demanded you to complete work in an appropriate amount of time. Overall, it was a very good experience.
Pros
team work
work wasn,t good
Machinist/ Assembler (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYMarch 2, 2015
I work for temp service that promise to hire but all long they have no intention to do so. They treat temp like they no body but temp work harder them the full time worker
Pros
people was nice
Cons
over work under paid
was only a temp but I am still looking to being hired
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Skaneateles Falls, NYJune 15, 2012
Hardworking, quit but enjoyable and my co-workers have always been nice. I have learned also how to solder, repair, test, inspect, and what is expected of me at all times within my first week of working there. Management seemed very understanding and trusting. Understood that we are human and make mistakes. They also reward ideas which is awesome. I enjoyed everyday working there, just want them to see how much my work means to me and give me a chance and HIRE me......
Pros
enjoyable and rewarding
Cons
nothing really
nice place to work for
assembly (Current Employee) –  NYMay 6, 2015
welch allyn is an enjoyable place to work for. the management helps employees to the best of their ability. my favorite part of the job is my co workers
Pros
breaks
Cons
pay

4.2