Welch Allyn

Welch Allyn Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Lay Offs, Low Pay, No Advancement
Production Worker, Kelly Temp (Former Employee), Skaneateles, NYNovember 4, 2013
Pros: out of work by 3 pm
Cons: management, lay offs, backstabbing coworkers
For a reputable company like Welch Allyn, they are one of the lowest paying entry level factory jobs around. They work with employment agencies and you can only work 11 month stretches at a time then must take a mandatory 3 month lay off. However, most of us don't make it 11 months before a layoff occurs.

Top officials do not forecast the future very well. We were told how we were going to have job security and overtime opportunities for the next three months and two weeks later, we were told the future was grim and layoffs were likely to occur soon. And they did.

When you are a production worker at Welch Allyn, you are subjected to wearing a "blue coat". All non-production workers do not wear a coat. At breaktime, we go to the same cafeteria and stand in the same line to order food. The "no-coats" ignore the coat-wearing workers, budge in line, and treat them like they do not exist.

The work, itself, came in varying levels of difficulty. Either it was 8 hours of putting three screws in a bag and sealing it, or running one of the positions on the line that took days/weeks to learn and master. Some supervisors expected unreasonable amounts of output.

There is a lot of back-stabbing that takes place among the factory workers. There is a definite disconnect between the temp workers and the WA employees. It's cut-throat to save your job. Everyone is related to someone, it's best you don't speak at all to anyone. I have not felt so low about myself and my place of employment in my entire life. It is worse than being in an over-managed high school full of rules, ridiculous regulations, – more... and video surveillance. – less
Excellent place to work
Sr. Global Quality System Manager (Current Employee), Skaneateles, NYJuly 1, 2012
Pros: excellent company
Cons: location
• Developed and implemented regulatory affairs and quality assurance strategies, programs, and compliance
• Trained staff and provided operational consulting to general management
• Built effective relationships with FDA
• Competently prepared and submitted a PMA and several 510 (k)’s
• Translated technical information and presented it in a manner that is easy to understand
• Developed CAPA, complaint, and nonconformance systems that encompass risk techniques (FMEA and FTA)
• Developed design control system that enables the company to expedite product to market
• Developed an in-house internal auditing program to ensure regulatory compliance
• Executed an electronic oral complaint tracking system
• Successfully set up a class 10,000 clean room to meet the environmental requirements for an implantable device
• Prepared and presented to the FDA the DMR for the company.
• Analyzed and implemented contractual obligations pertaining to regulatory requirements, international and domestic
• Ensured the adequacy of equipment and process validation requirements for sterilization
• Coordinated Calibration and Maintenance program
• Put into operation a system that monitors products and processes for compliance, documentation and performance
• Advised senior management pertaining to proposed and newly finalized regulations and legislation
• Developed and performed shelf life testing for the company’s products
Fantastic Company to build your career in
Senior Technical Support (Former Employee), Skaneateles, NYNovember 3, 2015
Pros: Cafeteria is a+, health care, onsite gym, community activities, promote from within, best 401k
Cons: Higher demands due to higher playing job
I only left because their IT department didnt need another admin and to live with my family in another state otherwise I would have stayed for life. Great wages, supportive community and fantastic company benefits.

The management can be temperamental and a bit inconsistent, however, it appears to reflect the result of a highly functioning team with few to no critical failures. Management must get bored sometimes without fires to put out.
was only a temp but I am still looking to being hired
Manufacturing (Former Employee), Skaneateles Falls, NYJune 15, 2012
Pros: enjoyable and rewarding
Cons: nothing really
Hardworking, quit but enjoyable and my co-workers have always been nice. I have learned also how to solder, repair, test, inspect, and what is expected of me at all times within my first week of working there. Management seemed very understanding and trusting. Understood that we are human and make mistakes. They also reward ideas which is awesome. I enjoyed everyday working there, just want them to see how much my work means to me and give me a chance and HIRE me......
Friendly co-workers in a comfortable environment
Technical Support III (Current Employee), Tigard, ORJune 1, 2012
I take responsibility for a broad range of facets within the company, from customer care to manually repairing devices. I appreciate opportunities to expand my technical knowledge, and this position allows me to explore a variety of software and hardware intricacies. While customers don't always express gratitude for my services, I am fortunate to work alongside a very nice group of individuals. I'm glad to provide assistance to all who need it and am determined to solve any problems that may arise.
Enjoyable Team Work
Software Test and Validation Engineer (Former Employee), Skaneateles Falls, NYMarch 13, 2014
Pros: team work
I was placed into the testing team and working with my team everyday for a year was a great experience. It really opened me up to group work. Management for the most part kept us busy with tasks, but when there were no official tasks to be done, we performed adhoc testing or lab maintenance. The culture was pretty relaxed, but still demanded you to complete work in an appropriate amount of time. Overall, it was a very good experience.
Privatly owened family company
Technician III / Department Maint. Coord. (Former Employee), San Diego, CA , Skaneateles Falls, NY.February 28, 2014
Pros: new gym & lunch room. nice bonus at the end of the year. supports education.
Cons: moving to many jobs to mexico.
Attended daily department morning market meeting. Prioritize work schedules and assign task. Performed daily Calibration and Preventive Maintenance on department equipment. Maintained and updated master spread sheet for PM's, Conducted evaluations, repairs, and overhauls on customer’s equipment and automated testers to ensure proper operation. Covered as Supervisor when needed.
A typical day
Manufacturing Operator II (Former Employee), Skaneateles Falls, NYJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: benefits, enjoyed the job
Cons: need to move away from manufacturing and go to administrative and they do not have part time work
I assembled medical products, packaged them, shipped them, trained Kelly Service And CPS employees to do the jobs I was proficient in. I helped with Kaizens and engineer builds. I interacted with process changes and help pass FDA audits. I was successful at Quality and effective in time management. I illustrated great communication skills and am a flexible co-worker.
fun place to work
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee), Skaneateles, NYAugust 15, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks expensive healthcare
I learned how to use many power tools and equipment,my co workers were a pleasure to work with, I found out that I was a very detailed person, but sometimes I tried to hard to be "perfect" at my work.The hardest part of the job was training over 100 people, the turnover rate was very high.The most enjoyable part was the management at Welch Allyn, they are wonderful.
Good company with good benefits.
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee), Skaneateles Falls, NYMay 29, 2015
I enjoyed working for Welch Allyn. The building I worked in was always clean and orderly. There was a fantastic cafeteria and places to eat outside in nice weather. The people I worked with were nice and my manager was also very nice and helpful. The reason I no longer work there is because my husband and I wanted to be with family that live here in Montgomery. We also couldn't deal with the snow that upstate N.Y. gets.
Failing
Manufacturing/Machine Operator II (Former Employee), Skaneateles Falls, NYMay 27, 2015
Employee appreciation was declining when I left the company. After 9 years hired on full time I became pregnant and was unable to work 3rd shift due to lack of daycare. After several requests for alternative job placement I was afforded no flexibility. I was fired for "Abandoning my Position" after failing to call in one night after the birth of my son.
Welch Allyn is a well respected company in the global medical industry
Director, Employee Relations (Former Employee), Skaneateles, New YorkJuly 23, 2013
Pros: positive employee relations environment and a dedicated work force
Cons: minimal
The Company is privately held and strives to maintain the personal touch while recognizing the challenges of competing in a rapidly changing industry. The Company is fortunate to have a dedicated work force who will assure the company will be successful in the coming years
Clean place to work,friendly and fun place to work as well.
Medical Device Assembler (Former Employee), Auburn, NYJuly 28, 2013
Pros: paid lunch
Cons: no smoking on their property
I loved working at Welch Allyn. I was a temp. so I was laid off or would have continued working there. Everyone was nice and helpful until I got to know what I was doing.
fun place to work at
manufaturing (Former Employee), Skaneateles, NYMarch 12, 2013
got boring sitting in one place for 8 hours straight, but have wounderful co-workers made it more exciting to go to work. very clean. the most hardest part of the job was to make sure the machine was at the lright messurement. the most enjoyable part of work was doing the accual work i was assigned to
Great company
Warehouse lead in building 1 &2 (Former Employee), Skaneateles Falls, NYAugust 8, 2012
The company started out as Trimline Medical in Branchburg, NJ which was bought by Welch Allyn, so my entire experience was with Trimline and was very dissapointed in the sale. I learned quit a bit to help another company in my experience in safety and machine operations.
Great place to work.
Software QA Tester (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORApril 3, 2015
Pros: Tolerant and supportive management.
Cons: Extremely short sighted goals.
Welch Allyn is a great place to work. Supportive management. Helped me make a smooth transition to test medical devices by providing adequate training and time to grasp medical device testing concepts. Friendly co-workers and flexible work culture.
Excellent place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 17, 2015
My typical workday starts is when me and my co-workers get the processing equipment cleaned prepared for operation. The most enjoyable part of the is when my supervisor sends me over to help out in shipping or other different assignments.
work wasn,t good
Machinist/ Assembler (Former Employee), Auburn, NYMarch 2, 2015
Pros: people was nice
Cons: over work under paid
I work for temp service that promise to hire but all long they have no intention to do so. They treat temp like they no body but temp work harder them the full time worker
No opportunities
CC Care (Current Employee), Skaneateles, NYNovember 5, 2015
There are no opportunities for advancement here. Also it is impossible to get SME excited about working on projects as there is no recognition for them to do so and it is always in addition to their regular jobs.
lay offs
Shipper (Former Employee), Skaneateles, NYApril 28, 2013
Most of the employees are temps and layoffs are frequent. The supervisor lied and said that no one would be laid off then two weeks later at least half a dozen of us were laid off.
Headquarters

Welch Allyn website
Careers Site
Facebook WA Careers page
Twitter WA Careers page
Join Our Talent Community!

Twitter