WEISS JOHNSON SHEET METAL LTD.
Provide leadership and coordination of company financial planning, debt financing, and budget management functions. Ensure company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Direct and coordinate company financial planning and budget management functions.
2. Recommend KPI’s for measuring the financial and operating performance of divisions and departments.
3. Provide information to Managers, as requested.
4. Organize our divisions from an accounting perspective and provide regular analysis of the profitability of each division.
5. Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
6. Direct and coordinate debt financing and debt service payments with external agencies, when necessary.
7. Oversee daily operations of the accounting department.
8. Manage the preparation of the year end financial reporting and coordinate with the external accountants.
9. Manage the preparation of financial outlooks and financial forecasts.
10. Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and investment decisions.
11. Ensure compliance with local, provincial, and federal reporting requirements.
12. Assist the CEO, department managers and corporate staff to develop a 1 year, five year and ten year business plans for the company.
13. Establish and implement short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
14. Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department's goals and objectives.
15. Serve on Management Team and assist with overall company growth plans.
16. Direct financial internal audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
17. Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate department staff.
18. Assist in the development and implementation of an ERP system.
19. Ensure that A/R is being collected on a timely basis
20. Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems. Knowledge of federal and provincial financial regulations. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections. Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
2. Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials and simultaneously manage several projects. Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Bank Reconciliations by the 15th of each month.
- Financial Report (with analysis) on each division by the 15th of each month.
- Cash Flow Statement by the 15th of each month.
- KPI reports as requested
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require weekend and/or evening work.