Weir SPM Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Ask the right questions upon hire
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB31 January 2017
Speak with floor staff before you dive in. If you get a tour make note of people's body language. If it's recruiter or high level management they will not know what the floor staff and lead hands are going through to make deadlines.

Just spend 2 minutes watching you will see symptoms of how the company treats its most valuable assets. Yes that is you the employee.
Pros
Lots of work and the great people surving in a horrible situation
Cons
Upper level management cost cutting
Excellent management and fun people
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB3 March 2014
Busy environment with many departments, challenging but fun. Planning lunches and making sure they were delivered on time every month for our safety meetings was one of the best parts, oftentimes with such a large office you don't often see people until it is time to go home.
The management team is superb, I always felt I could communicate with my employers and the door was open for a chat or problem.
The office staff had a lot to do, and I tried my best to keep them up to date with information to make their jobs easier, and to keep them filled up with office supplies was a bit of a job.
I learned to troubleshoot many issues, namely dealing with fractious printers and scanners; an office can only rely on computer technology so much. The telephone lines were complex at first, but within days I could juggle phone calls like a pro, and part of the job is to update the phones and keep them running smoothly.
All in all, one of the best places I have ever been employed with.
Pros
excellent wages, good people
Cons
oilfield companies rely on market prices, so when losses are up, jobs are lost.