Weir Oil & Gas Services is the market leader in offering comprehensive engineering services to various industry segments including Oil & Gas, Power, Water and Petrochemical. Equipped with a wide range of modern machine tools and staffed with experienced personnel.
We are currently recruiting for a Purchaser / Buyer II in our Edmonton Facility to support our service department.
- Compiles information and records to prepare purchase orders for procurement of material and tooling.
- Predominantly purchasing A and B class items
- Verifies nomenclature and specifications of purchase requests
- Consults catalogs and interviews suppliers to obtain price quotes and specifications
- Makes most effective use of inventory and cost controls
- Generates, communicates, and manages price quotes from suppliers
- Generates purchase order and sends copy to supplier and ensures copy is matched to the requisition (s)
- Manages PO’s on a daily basis adjusting delivery times and quantities as needed
- Computes total cost of items purchased including base per unit, delivery and tax
- Confers with suppliers concerning late deliveries
- Verifies bills from suppliers with bids and purchase orders
- Manages and finds resolution to non-conforming product delivered by suppliers
- Assists in supplier negotiations on long term price, deliver and safety stock programs
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s Degree/College Diploma with three (3) years’ related experience / or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working toward SCMP designation.
LANGUAGE: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees to the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
COMPUTER SKILLS: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of ERP software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, SPECIAL SKILLS: Basic understanding of Material Requirements Planning principles. Exposure to supply chain training. Working toward SCMP designation.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk and sit for long periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and / or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color and peripheral vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Protective Equipment must be worn in certain areas of the facility The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
We offer a competitive wage, a full suite of group benefits including employer contributing RRSP, payroll savings program and wellness benefits.