Weir Oil & Gas Division designs and manufactures pumps and ancillary equipment for the global upstream and downstream oil and gas markets and provides aftermarket service and support activities.
Our goal is to help our customers extend the life of their equipment and enhance the productivity of their operations by:
- Delivering customer-driven product and service innovation;
- Maintaining a collaborative mindset in building customer partnerships and leveraging best practices and capabilities across Weir Group; and
- Expanding our products and services globally to follow our customers as they extend their reach
Our specialization for the upstream operation is the manufacture of high-pressure well service pumps and related flow control equipment along with repairs, parts and service of pressure control and upstream rotating equipment. The downstream business is focused on the design and manufacture-to-order centrifugal pumps, mainly used in the refining industry.
We are currently recruiting for a Journeyman or Journeywoman Manual Machinist in our Fort St. John, BC facility.
Duties included are in both field and shop operations.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Operates vertical and horizontal mills and lathes.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly.
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Operates welding equipment to cut or weld parts.
We offer a competitve compensation package including Overtime at time and a half and double time, Benefits, Company Contributing RRSP Plan, Wellness Plan, Referral Bonus' and Payroll Savings Plan and annual Boot/Tool Allowance.
I you are interested in joining our fast growing team please contact us. We would like to discuss your future with Weir Oil & Gas!
Indeed - 14 months ago
Weir Oil & Gas Division designs and manufactures pumps and ancillary equipment for the global upstream and downstream oil and gas...