Weir Oil & Gas Services is the market leader in offering comprehensive engineering services to various industry segments including Oil & Gas, Power, Water and Petrochemical. Equipped with a wide range of modern machine tools and staffed with experienced personnel,
We are currently recruiting for a CNC Machine Operator / Machinist
Duties include: Set up and operate conventional, special purpose, and numerical controls (CNC) machines and machining centers to fabricate high speed precision ground metallic parts and components with tight tolerances and exotic materials. Machines include You-Ji (YV1600) large vertical turning lathe with Fanuc control, variety of Haas milling centers EC1600 with Haas controls, and Mazak intergrex machines with Matrix and 640M controls and Okuma mills and lathes.
- Setup and operate production equipment to support customer demand
- Inspect parts to regulate configuration control utilizing inspection gauging and instruments such as Mic’s, Calipers, Indicators, and Bore gauges
- Study blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to
determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements
- Make recommendations to regulate part configuration both manually and through machine controls
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, jig borers, grinders, and shapers
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media
- Starts and observes machine operations to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data
- Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly
- Installs machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of units and develops
- Develops specifications from general description and draws sketch of part or product to be fabricated
- Confers with Engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma along with college level training in CNC Machining, Computer Numerical Controls, Quality Assurance. A minimum of five (5) years machining experience operating one or more manufacturing machines including CNC Turning Centers (up to 6 axis), CNC Vertical and Horizontal Machining Centers (up to 5 axis). Combination of related education and experience will be considered. Ability to make program edits and knowledge of Mastercam an asset.
We offer competitive wages including overtime at 1.5 time and 2.0 time, comprehensive group benefits, employer contributing RRSP Program, Wellness Benefit, payroll savings and boot/tool allowance
Indeed - 12 months ago
Weir Oil & Gas Division designs and manufactures pumps and ancillary equipment for the global upstream and downstream oil and gas...