Weir Oil & Gas

Weir Oil & Gas Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Nice people
Skilled Laborer (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 16, 2013

Nice people, friendly atmosphere. Management can be a little lost at times
Demanding/ Good Pay
Field Service Technician II (Current Employee), Odessa, TXOctober 1, 2014
24 hour on call position, no days off, good pay for the work, local management team makes the job worth doing.
An okay place
Service Technician (Current Employee), Blairsville,PaJune 11, 2014
I worked for 4 years with minimum advancement. The actual work itself was pleasant for someone who loves physical work. Some of the team members can be difficult to work with do to long hours.
I would like the challenge !
Safety Professional OHST (Current Employee), Ft. Worth, Tx ( if choice permits)May 20, 2014
Pros: it does not take much to show appreciation, a simple smile!
Cons: can't say until you have been there. but did you really give it a chance to work?
This company has been managing this way for years. Change is necessary in most areas.
Show mgt. observations, make them aware
SLOWLY.
NO ONE CAN EAT AN ENTIRE ELEPHANT IN ONE MEAL- break it up.
Give time for "digestion". The older in age that some are means sometimes even longer but offer the ideas on how to make better without
More $$$$$costs. Also, – more... remember that not ask people will ever be satisfied all of the time.
WOULD YOU AGREE? Thank you! – less
Great Place to Learn & Grow in many aspects
WIP Coordinator - Contracts Administrator (Current Employee), Dubai, DUApril 26, 2014
Pros: learn a lot - its an open book.
Cons: low salary for beginers
Typical day at work includes getting updates for all open orders, their progress, requirements and anticipated completion date. Check in procurement team to the possible arrival dates of raw materials. Check & update planning team on the progress of each job.

Learned a lot of things like equipment's used in the drilling field different BOP's, Manifolds, – more... Spools, Mud cross etc etc. The different engineering stages it goes through to achieve completion. What are the requirements of each process.

The company is basically British, but we can see many top managers are from India, US etc.

Coworkers are good and helping. Its always give and take here. No much competition, even though i like a little bit of friendly competition, because I am the only one coordinating and updating others on the progress of each projects.

There are many open jobs in the system, getting an update for all of them is the hardest part of my job.

Learning, that's what I enjoy the most in this company. There is no limit to how much you can learn from here. – less
Overhauling and Trouble shooting
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee), Al BaşrahApril 16, 2014
In this company, i have to work in work shop and site as well. In work shop we will overhaul the equipment's which we received from site and after completed overhauling we will bring the equipment's to site and commission the same and also we trouble shoot the equipment's if required.
Growth Company
Finance Manager/Accounting and Financial Systems (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 22, 2014
Pros: great industry oil & gas
Cons: too lean management in the field
Never a dull moment with endless work.

Ok place to work

,,,,,
Service TEch
Service Technician I (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 12, 2014
I learned to inspect specialty products used for hydraulic fracturing for oil and gas. The hardest part about the job was the 12 plus hour shifts and the hot sun. I loved the challenge from other coworkers to produce more refurbished iron. I learned how to pressure test iron as well as check for microscopic cracks.
Gas Turbine Overhauling
Charge hand (Supervisor) (Current Employee), AbudhabiMarch 2, 2014
Siemens Gas Turbine Overhauling & Commissioning the site on shore and off shore
Fun
Oil Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Williston, NDFebruary 18, 2014
Awesome workplace

How to gauge and Qualify oil field equipment

Management was pretty good

Co-workers were the best

Heavy lifting

Working with other good workers
Too much human resource involvement in operations
Branch Manager (Former Employee), ColoradoFebruary 8, 2014
Pros: very good experience for your next job
Cons: too many to mention. very troubled company
From the top down the company is run as a police state perpetuated by a vp affectionately referred to as Mother. The involvement of human resources is so suffocating it actually perpetuates it's need. Very strange.

No loyalty to the employee so very unsettled with tremendous amounts of turnover at the service center level
Unfair management; Unorganized
Shop Technician (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: favoritism, too strict, unappreciated
The job itself is a great opportunity to learn about the wellhead division in the oilfield. The coworkers are down to earth people. Although the managers and supervisors aren't fit to manage people. Anybody can tell someone what to do but very few know how actually manage people. Rude management; Unorganized; Horrible communication. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job was getting paid. – less
Upper management lacking in research requirements.
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 26, 2013
Management has never worked in oilfield environment. V.P. of sales and marketing never worked in oil & gas. Started running off customer base. Need to make move to another position soon.
Long hours.
Service Technician (Former Employee), Williston, NDNovember 30, 2013
Pros: good benefits.
Cons: working hours
It is a good job if you only want to work. No rotation and if you do not have enough time off saved you will get penalized and might lose your job.
Poor Management
FSR Technician (Current Employee), Kilgore, TXAugust 5, 2013
Pros: great benefits, good pay, nice vehicles and equipment.
Cons: poor management.
A typical day at work was driving to location and rigging up/down.
I learned how to rig up restraints and work on pumps and reverbed iron. Management was poor and not consistent. My former co-workers complained constantly, but were hard-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was traveling and having scheduled days off.
Senior Accountant, Full-Time (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 23, 2013
Working environment was good, I learned a lot while working there. But it was getting hard to balance work and life outside work, I was always given tasks and asked to finish the very same day; I use to manage it, but than someday had other committments and it wasn't working out.
Barley making it
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAJune 11, 2013
Pros: service work truck
Cons: no career progression, pay rate very low
Company as a whole is strong but, as for the pay it is low. You must work 70 to 80 hrs just to make ends meet. If your in management there is more pay offered and managable.
International exposure
Commissioning Engineer (Former Employee), Basra - IrzaMay 2, 2013
Working hours from 06h00 - 18h00. Went to work with bulletproof vest and security guards although there was no threats or incidents of any sort of violence.
Communication was at times a bit difficult as co-workers don't understand english that well.
Learned a lot of their culture and their ways of doing things and socialising with new friends. The hardest – more... part of the job was to learn to be patient. – less
Exellent engineering service
field service engineer (Current Employee), abu dhabi , IRAQJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: free lunches etc
Cons: long hours
learned to change over tools to ensure more accuracy.
co-workers are very interesting guys.
Installing and Commissioning Onsite with new control systems is the hardest part of the job.
my enjoyable part of job is align gas generator casings.
very active workplace.
mechanical technician (Current Employee), abu dhabiSeptember 29, 2012
i had got plenty of new things to do & also learn.such as a various kind of rotary equipment like pumps,compressor etc.