Weir Oil & Gas Division designs and manufactures pumps and ancillary equipment for the global upstream and downstream oil and gas markets and provides aftermarket service and support activities.
Our goal is to help our customers extend the life of their equipment and enhance the productivity of their operations by:
- Delivering customer-driven product and service innovation;
- Maintaining a collaborative mindset in building customer partnerships and leveraging best practices and capabilities across Weir Group; and
- Expanding our products and services globally to follow our customers as they extend their reach
Our specialization for the upstream operation is the manufacture of high-pressure well service pumps and related flow control equipment along with repairs, parts and service of pressure control and upstream rotating equipment. The downstream business is focused on the design and manufacture-to-order centrifugal pumps, mainly used in the refining industry.
We are currently recruiting for an Accounting Technician - Accounts Payable position in our Red Deer facility.
- Compile and sort documents such as invoices, purchase orders and packing slips substantiating business transactions
- Verify and post details of business transactions, such as funds disbursed and totals accounts to ledgers or computer spreadsheets and databases
- Audit invoices against purchase orders, researches discrepancies and approves for payment
- Computes and records changes, refunds, cost of lost or damaged goods, freight charges, rentals and similar items
- Prepare reports and other records and reviews for accuracy
- Monitors loans and accounts payable to ensure that payments are up to date
- Research and report discrepancies and problems
- Codes data for input to financial data processing system according to company procedures
- Reviews, balances and interprets computer reports and makes corrections
- Assists employees, and vendors by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services
- Completes cheque runs 1-2 times per month
Other duties as requested or required
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years of specific accounts payable experience and / or equivalent combination of education and experience
We offer a competitve compensation package including Benefits, Company Contributing RRSP Plan, Wellness Plan, Referral Bonus' and Payroll Savings Plan.
I you are interested in joining our fast growing team please contact us. We would like to discuss your future with Weir Oil & Gas!