Weir Minerals

Weir Minerals Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
16 years in Weir Minerals
REGIONAL MANAGER (Current Employee), Weir, RJNovember 12, 2013
Pros: fantastic working environment
Cons: lack of proper systems
Had been enjoying my job in current profile and grown with the company.
Productive fast paced work environment
Quality Assurance Technician and machinist (Former Employee), Madison, WIApril 13, 2014
Pros: benefits, clean evironment, good people, busy workplace
Cons: i have no cons for this company.
A typical day at work consisted of quality assurance while inspecting pumps, and machined parts from machinists. I learned how to run a dual head vertical mill lathe and quality assurance procedures for ISO standards. The management was excellent and professional. The co-workers were generally in a good mood and performed well. The hardest part of this – more... job was walking on concrete nearing 8 to 10 miles a day. The most enjoyable part of this job was having the freedom to improve processes and solve engineering issues. – less
Cleaner (Current Employee), TodmordenFebruary 22, 2014
Very friendly people to work with the day's that i worked was very Hard, But gave me more motivation to work as hard as i could, i learned how to move heavy furniture from property to property i enjoyed every minute of it, i learned alot.
BRANCH DEBTORS (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: team building, great incentives, in-house training
Cons: no room for promotion
Review previous days work, respond to emails, begin calling customers.

Dealing with different customers was an interesting learning experience. I had a great working relationship with all of them.

I most enjoyed interacting with my customers and doing my best to make them happy, even if it meant going beyond the call of my duty.

The hardest part – more... of my job was that everything was urgent.

I became fast friends with some of my co-workers and we are still friends today.

Management had their favourites, the rest of us just had to deal with it. – less
got to know about technologies
Intern (Former Employee), Bangalore, KADecember 20, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
it was good.i worked in production department where i use to see the incoming and outgoing of the product
excellent place to work
skilled moulder (Former Employee), todmorden lancashireDecember 19, 2013
overall a good company, good management good colleagues to work with and who pay good wages
Stalinisque Management
Manager (Current Employee), Madison WIDecember 3, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: high management turnover and weak senior leadership
Poor communications and management seems to only function as a dictatorship. HR are paper pushers and have no influence on the culture.

February 26, 2014

Management turnover is an issue and a very political environment so watch your hindquarters.

Hand-lay worker (Former Employee), HandlayNovember 14, 2013
Pros: free lunch sometimes
Cons: not flexabile
I would work the graveyard shift. I learned how to handlay rubber on mining equipment. the hardest part of the job was the first couple days getting used to everything. The most enjoyable were the paychecks and my co workers were great.
Great people to work for
Production Control Scheduler (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJuly 29, 2013
Very good place to work. Very safety oriented. Fantastic benefit package
Productive and fun work place.
Machinists B (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: training
I had many challenges working at weir. My co-workers was excellent and very understanding and helpfull.
Business systems trainee (Current Employee), Isando kempton parkJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: n/a
its all about user reviews, checking eproc systems and how process flows operate, or BAAn system if its working correctly, loading new users on the system. i learned a lot about self control or self awareness and dealling with difficult customers. i get along with co workers, the hardest part of the job is when i have to come up with an idea to solve – more... a problem.
i enjoy evrything about my job, its a challeng evryday. – less
Well ran, good place to work
North America Controller (Current Employee), Madison, WINovember 21, 2012
Excellent company with strong values. Good place to work. Strong management team and good co-workers, working toward a common goal.
Pressure cooker that does not compensate for extra time spent.
Project Engineer (Current Employee), Madison, WIJuly 26, 2012
Pros: co workers, friendliness
Cons: closed-mindedness, recurring company mistakes
This workplace, for some departments, is a pressure cooker that has EVERYONE in the group stressed out to the point that they are looking for another job. They do not compensate salary people anything extra for working 60-70 hours a week for months on end. The base salary is not enough to justify the work-life imbalance that results.
Buena, hacen ambientes que te invita trabajar
Gerente de Calidad (Former Employee), Santiago de Chile, RMAugust 21, 2013
Pros: asegurar ingresos sin % ventas
Cons: mucho centralismo
Buena forma de trabajar y lograr compromisos, a través, de reuniones de trabajo directo con la gerencia general.
En un día puede ocurrir varias demandas por solicitudes de clientes para evaluar equipos.
Existen Product Manger que realmente manejan sus productos y cooperan mucho en tu logro.
Lo que mas me gusto, poder marcar mi intención de compromiso – more... siempre buscando crecer con moderación y sin ser presionado. – less
Buena empresa
Gerente Zonal (Former Employee), Copiapó, ATJuly 28, 2013
Pros: area critica de negocio
Cons: no aplica
Se requiere conocimiento tecnico en hidraulica y equipos de bombeo. Disponibilidad para viajar
Grato ambiente de trabajo
DIBUJANTE PROYECTISTA (Former Employee), Iquique, TAOctober 16, 2012
Pros: aprendizaje de todos los parametros de la empresa
Cons: demasido celo laboral.
Es una empresa de alto prestigio, se desarrollan proyectos de Ingeniería, levantamientos en terreno de las solicitudes de los clientes.