Weed Man Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive, good atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 15, 2016
It was a great job with hours that worked around my schooling. Management was great and i had a great time working there. The people were great and we had fun competing for the prize incentives. I still keep in contact with some people who i met there.
Pros
Experience and knowledge gained about sales
Cons
No public transit to location
no comment
Lawn Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ONMarch 7, 2016
continuous movement
proper application of lawn products
management, not bad
co-workers have been great
dealing with hot and rainy weather conditions
working outside in great weather
Great management support
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Contacted previous and current customers to provide lawn care programs that create the healthy, lush, beautiful lawns that they have always imagined.
Pros
Hearing happy clients
Cons
A work place with windows
more hands on and face to face approach
sales man (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 12, 2016
I meet up at the workplace with all the employees and we leave in groups around 5PM. We all get tablets to punch in information and then we go door to door promoting our business as a salesman. I have learned how to communicate and work with different individuals and also got to work with my friends as a Weed Man employee. The hardest part about the job was that u have to walk a long distance and many times the home owners wouldn't open their doors. Even though the job was tiring, it gave me a new experience and a good leadership skill for me to improve and pass on.
Pros
got to work with my friends and more hardworking people
Cons
long walk
In need of better management and buisness structure
Door Knocker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONDecember 12, 2015
Previous management was terrible, making the workload on the new workers coming in at the same time as new management a lot harder, they expected us to have high yes percentile only because they weren't reaching their end of season quota, even though the contract we all sign stated we needed to keep up 8 yeses per night with eventually them wanting us to have 11 or 12.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
continously higher expectations
Productive and rewarding workplace
Lawn Care Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ONDecember 7, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Although the salary was production based it was still a very well paying job, individuals just have to work hard for their money. The management was very supportive and helpful. I learned how to work in a fast paced environment while producing high quality work. As well I have refined my customer service ability by providing quality and on time services.
Long hours/ travel time
Lawn care technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONNovember 21, 2015
Co-workers are fun to be around, as well as the manager of production.

Cons- Most customers complain at the start of the season because they were not aware of the yearly contract renew process. Customers, once signed up are contracted year after year and many are not aware.

Excellent customer service skills are essential to make this a good and bearable work life. Problem solving skills / people person/ Kind & respect for customers is essential. BE A GOOD PERSON :)

Con- Not enough commission on sales :( 5% for the hard work you put in to getting a sale isn't worth your effort :( However you are required to make sales and up sales almost every day. I did a good job at this :) however I must say was very upset with the %.

Pay Structure is confusing :( PAY vs Hours - Not Worth it :( :(

Good Job for a summer hobby if you have no other job lined up.
I would consider going back next summer, but just because I enjoy dealing with the public and problem solving.
Pros
Friendly employees/management
Cons
Pay
Fun group and understanding
Door to door sales (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ONNovember 19, 2015
The weed Man family treats just like a family, although they can be rough around the edges at time, they make sure to know that you can balance work and school.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lots of walking in cold temperature
greta
labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 3, 2015
this job was really good lots of work it is seasonal though nice short days it was doing aerotions so they were a bit heavy but other then that it was a great place to work
Pros
short days
Cons
hard work
fun and easy going place to work, good people.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ONSeptember 30, 2015
ive worked here for a few years and every year they threat you really great, and you get to help people have a beautiful yard.
Pros
Good staff parties
Cons
low pay
A high energy workplace that was not the right fit.
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONJune 29, 2015
a good company and a steady job but the environment was a little to fast paced and competitive for me. Easy enough work but repetitive and a little boring.
Good place to work, the atmosphere just brings you down.
Sales Closer (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Potential to make great money and everyone around you will help motivate you!

But when you're working there you feel rude and that you feel like you're invading privacy following leads for calls (depending on campaign that is).

If you have sales experience or at least want some you should definitely apply here.
The job was ok lacked management
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONJanuary 9, 2015
My typical day at work was going out to peoples house to ask if they would like a free promotional call from us.

I learn very good peoples skills and communication skills from talking to all different sort of people and personalities.

Management was not the greatest for the most part the manager always seem all over the place and the supervisor were all great and gave great advice to help you .

My co-workers were really helpful and really friendly everyone worked as a team and got along great with each other.

Best part about the job were the co-workers and the supervisors and how great they were.

Hardest part about the job was the elements weather was extremely wet or cold most of the time.
Pros
co-workers, supervisors
Cons
weather, management
Not the greatest place of employment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONNovember 24, 2014
Weedman wasnt the greatest place of employment. They were very unorganized and sloppy. The work enviorment was unclean. Managers were rude and not very understanding.
fun workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 2, 2014
great environment, friendly co-workers, and in my neighborhood
Unprofessional work environment with poor customer service skills
Door Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 17, 2014
Weed Man in London Ontario was an incredibly unprofessional place of employment. Hired as a door knocker the job requires individuals to wear a weed man reflector vest filed with holes that smells because they aren't washed. You are then given a tablet with street names and house numbers on it which is then divided into two sides- odd and even- and given to two people. Once at the door the pitch is to offer a free no obligation lawn care estimate in which if they sign we promise they will only be called once, offered the services of the company and if they aren't interested they won't be bothered again.
However, this is not true. The company has each number on rotary so there is no way that the people who sign and aren't interested are only called once. This is a lie.

At my orientation i asked my boss about the company so if people at the doors asked about it i could tell them accurate information. My boss said this was unnecesary and i wouldn't need to tell them anything about the company. This left a lot of people at the doors wondering if we were a legitimate business asking them for all of their personal information in our hole ridden reflector vests not knowing anything at all about the company we're pitching to them.
Pros
pizza occasionally
Cons
selling lawn care in the winter and not receiving even legal minimum adult wage. (9.60 not 10.25)
Weed Man
Lawn Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 13, 2014
I was a Lawn specialist. loved working with my co-workers. I learned how to fertilise and take care of property
A nice place to work at.
REPRÉSENTANTE SERVICE À LA CLIENTÈLE (Former Employee) –  1123 autoroute 440, Laval, QuebecJuly 22, 2014
A typical day involved answering phones for customer service, filing and mail. Nice work environment with friendly co-workers and management. Supervisor was very calm in her training methods. I would have stayed longer, but because of shortage of work, I was let go. Most difficult part of the job was dealing with customer cancellations. I still learned a lot in the short time I worked there.
Pros
close to my home.
Cons
unstable hours due to shortage of work.
Excellet place for summer work
Lawn Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ONJune 18, 2014
I worked as an aeration tech at the Oakville location, and it was hard work, and I enjoyed doing that hard work. Both employees and managers were positive, and the work was standard full time with a fair pay.
Pros
good pay, positive environment
Cons
short term employment
amazing company
lawn teck (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONMay 24, 2014
one of the best jobs ever amazing group of workers and mngement is amazing