Weed Man Employee Reviews

Sales management wasn't the best.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC10 August 2016
Very high pressure environment
I didn't learn much besides doing absolutely anything to close a sale
Management... I feared losing my job everyday
Co-workers were great
The hardest part of the job was dealing with upset clients
The most enjoyable part of the job was closing a sale
Great experience, teaches you good work ethic
Door to door sales (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 August 2016
Fun, shifts go by fast, make good money, bosses and supervisors were really helpful and understanding, i liked all of my co-workers, and was all around a good job.
Pros
If we did a good job on Saturdays my boss would buy us Lunch
Cons
Lots of walking, Lots of shifts
weed man
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON3 November 2016
work 6 days a week 4 hours a day.We would go out into the cold and basically try to get people to sign up for free quotes made us work in bad conditions no brakes.
Pros
good commision easy cash
Cons
work almost everyday
Productive, good atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON15 March 2016
It was a great job with hours that worked around my schooling. Management was great and i had a great time working there. The people were great and we had fun competing for the prize incentives. I still keep in contact with some people who i met there.
Pros
Experience and knowledge gained about sales
Cons
No public transit to location
Not for me
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON12 May 2016
This job just wasn't for me. That doesn't mean it wouldn't be for someone else. I strongly believe this field was not for me and that I can excel in another field.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Stress through the roof
more hands on and face to face approach
sales man (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2016
I meet up at the workplace with all the employees and we leave in groups around 5PM. We all get tablets to punch in information and then we go door to door promoting our business as a salesman. I have learned how to communicate and work with different individuals and also got to work with my friends as a Weed Man employee. The hardest part about the job was that u have to walk a long distance and many times the home owners wouldn't open their doors. Even though the job was tiring, it gave me a new experience and a good leadership skill for me to improve and pass on.
Pros
got to work with my friends and more hardworking people
Cons
long walk
In need of better management and buisness structure
Door Knocker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON12 December 2015
Previous management was terrible, making the workload on the new workers coming in at the same time as new management a lot harder, they expected us to have high yes percentile only because they weren't reaching their end of season quota, even though the contract we all sign stated we needed to keep up 8 yeses per night with eventually them wanting us to have 11 or 12.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
continously higher expectations
Productive and rewarding workplace
Lawn Care Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON7 December 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Although the salary was production based it was still a very well paying job, individuals just have to work hard for their money. The management was very supportive and helpful. I learned how to work in a fast paced environment while producing high quality work. As well I have refined my customer service ability by providing quality and on time services.
no comment
Lawn Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 March 2016
continuous movement
proper application of lawn products
management, not bad
co-workers have been great
dealing with hot and rainy weather conditions
working outside in great weather
Great management support
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON22 January 2016
Contacted previous and current customers to provide lawn care programs that create the healthy, lush, beautiful lawns that they have always imagined.
Pros
Hearing happy clients
Cons
A work place with windows
Long hours/ travel time
Lawn care technician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 November 2015
Co-workers are fun to be around, as well as the manager of production.

Cons- Most customers complain at the start of the season because they were not aware of the yearly contract renew process. Customers, once signed up are contracted year after year and many are not aware.

Excellent customer service skills are essential to make this a good and bearable work life. Problem solving skills / people person/ Kind & respect for customers is essential. BE A GOOD PERSON :)

Con- Not enough commission on sales :( 5% for the hard work you put in to getting a sale isn't worth your effort :( However you are required to make sales and up sales almost every day. I did a good job at this :) however I must say was very upset with the %.

Pay Structure is confusing :( PAY vs Hours - Not Worth it :( :(

Good Job for a summer hobby if you have no other job lined up.
I would consider going back next summer, but just because I enjoy dealing with the public and problem solving.
Pros
Friendly employees/management
Cons
Pay
Fun group and understanding
Door to door sales (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 November 2015
The weed Man family treats just like a family, although they can be rough around the edges at time, they make sure to know that you can balance work and school.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Lots of walking in cold temperature
greta
labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 November 2015
this job was really good lots of work it is seasonal though nice short days it was doing aerotions so they were a bit heavy but other then that it was a great place to work
Pros
short days
Cons
hard work
fun and easy going place to work, good people.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON30 September 2015
ive worked here for a few years and every year they threat you really great, and you get to help people have a beautiful yard.
Pros
Good staff parties
Cons
low pay
The job was ok lacked management
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON9 January 2015
My typical day at work was going out to peoples house to ask if they would like a free promotional call from us.

I learn very good peoples skills and communication skills from talking to all different sort of people and personalities.

Management was not the greatest for the most part the manager always seem all over the place and the supervisor were all great and gave great advice to help you .

My co-workers were really helpful and really friendly everyone worked as a team and got along great with each other.

Best part about the job were the co-workers and the supervisors and how great they were.

Hardest part about the job was the elements weather was extremely wet or cold most of the time.
Pros
co-workers, supervisors
Cons
weather, management
Good place to work, the atmosphere just brings you down.
Sales Closer (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 February 2015
Potential to make great money and everyone around you will help motivate you!

But when you're working there you feel rude and that you feel like you're invading privacy following leads for calls (depending on campaign that is).

If you have sales experience or at least want some you should definitely apply here.
A nice place to work at.
REPRÉSENTANTE SERVICE À LA CLIENTÈLE (Former Employee) –  1123 autoroute 440, Laval, Quebec22 July 2014
A typical day involved answering phones for customer service, filing and mail. Nice work environment with friendly co-workers and management. Supervisor was very calm in her training methods. I would have stayed longer, but because of shortage of work, I was let go. Most difficult part of the job was dealing with customer cancellations. I still learned a lot in the short time I worked there.
Pros
Close to my home.
Cons
Unstable hours due to shortage of work.
Weed Man
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON11 January 2014
Weed Man is a difficult job to work they take you and six other kids out into random areas and have you go door to door asking for signatures sound easy right ? well people are not often to found of us and often say horrible things to you the worst part is the cold during the winter times but come summer its smooth sailing from there on out it is a great starter job for those eager to get into the work place and make some quick cash but there isn't much job security as they are constantly hireing and fireing people
Relaxed easy going with funny co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON23 November 2013
I do all of my sales callbacks from the previous day's leads, fill out my daily paperwork, then proceed to go in my company truck and drive out to my designated neighbourhood where I wait for sales leads. Once I get the list of potential customers, I then proceed to go forth and make sales.

I learned the art of selling - persuasion, negotiation, overcoming objections, and how to use my charming personality to my advantage.

Management is friendly, easy going, and funny; as are my co-workers.

Hardest part of the job - not making sales and working in bad weather.

Most enjoyable part of the job - being mobile and making sales.
Pros
Having your own company truck
Cons
Working in bad weather
Travailler en equipe pour un bon resultat
Technician Agricole (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC7 October 2012
Faire l’application des engrais vert sur les pelouses des clients. Connaissance des divers engrais et identification des mauvaises herbes.
Faire des recommandations d’herbicides est insecticides pour combattre les mauvaises herbes, les insectes nuisibles et ravageurs.
Conseiller les clients comment entretenir leur pelouse, faire la facturation et l’inspection pour mieux prévenir la dégradation des surfaces vertes.
Remplier les cahiers de décharges et mettre à jours les informations pertinentes aux dossiers des clients.

2.7