Weed Man Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and rewarding workplace
Lawn Care Services Technician (Former Employee), Waterloo, ONDecember 7, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Although the salary was production based it was still a very well paying job, individuals just have to work hard for their money. The management was very supportive and helpful. I learned how to work in a fast paced environment while producing high quality work. As well I have refined my customer service ability by providing quality and on time services.
Long hours/ travel time
Lawn care technician (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONNovember 21, 2015
Pros: Friendly employees/management
Cons: Pay
Co-workers are fun to be around, as well as the manager of production.

Cons- Most customers complain at the start of the season because they were not aware of the yearly contract renew process. Customers, once signed up are contracted year after year and many are not aware.

Excellent customer service skills are essential to make this a good and bearable work life. Problem solving skills / people person/ Kind & respect for customers is essential. BE A GOOD PERSON :)

Con- Not enough commission on sales :( 5% for the hard work you put in to getting a sale isn't worth your effort :( However you are required to make sales and up sales almost every day. I did a good job at this :) however I must say was very upset with the %.

Pay Structure is confusing :( PAY vs Hours - Not Worth it :( :(

Good Job for a summer hobby if you have no other job lined up.
I would consider going back next summer, but just because I enjoy dealing with the public and problem solving.
Productive, good atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 15, 2016
Pros: Experience and knowledge gained about sales
Cons: No public transit to location
It was a great job with hours that worked around my schooling. Management was great and i had a great time working there. The people were great and we had fun competing for the prize incentives. I still keep in contact with some people who i met there.
In need of better management and buisness structure
Door Knocker (Former Employee), Windsor, ONDecember 12, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: continously higher expectations
Previous management was terrible, making the workload on the new workers coming in at the same time as new management a lot harder, they expected us to have high yes percentile only because they weren't reaching their end of season quota, even though the contract we all sign stated we needed to keep up 8 yeses per night with eventually them wanting us to have 11 or 12.
more hands on and face to face approach
sales man (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Pros: got to work with my friends and more hardworking people
Cons: long walk
I meet up at the workplace with all the employees and we leave in groups around 5PM. We all get tablets to punch in information and then we go door to door promoting our business as a salesman. I have learned how to communicate and work with different individuals and also got to work with my friends as a Weed Man employee. The hardest part about the job was that u have to walk a long distance and many times the home owners wouldn't open their doors. Even though the job was tiring, it gave me a new experience and a good leadership skill for me to improve and pass on.
The job was ok lacked management
Sales associate (Former Employee), Whitby, ONJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: co-workers, supervisors
Cons: weather, management
My typical day at work was going out to peoples house to ask if they would like a free promotional call from us.

I learn very good peoples skills and communication skills from talking to all different sort of people and personalities.

Management was not the greatest for the most part the manager always seem all over the place and the supervisor were all great and gave great advice to help you .

My co-workers were really helpful and really friendly everyone worked as a team and got along great with each other.

Best part about the job were the co-workers and the supervisors and how great they were.

Hardest part about the job was the elements weather was extremely wet or cold most of the time.
Great management support
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONJanuary 22, 2016
Pros: Hearing happy clients
Cons: A work place with windows
Contacted previous and current customers to provide lawn care programs that create the healthy, lush, beautiful lawns that they have always imagined.
Fun group and understanding
Door to door sales (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 19, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Lots of walking in cold temperature
The weed Man family treats just like a family, although they can be rough around the edges at time, they make sure to know that you can balance work and school.
greta
labourer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 3, 2015
Pros: short days
Cons: hard work
this job was really good lots of work it is seasonal though nice short days it was doing aerotions so they were a bit heavy but other then that it was a great place to work
A high energy workplace that was not the right fit.
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJune 29, 2015
a good company and a steady job but the environment was a little to fast paced and competitive for me. Easy enough work but repetitive and a little boring.
fun and easy going place to work, good people.
Labourer (Former Employee), Timmins, ONSeptember 30, 2015
Pros: Good staff parties
Cons: low pay
ive worked here for a few years and every year they threat you really great, and you get to help people have a beautiful yard.
Working for Weed Man
Sales Rep (Former Employee), Whitby, ONMarch 3, 2014
Pros: meet new people
Cons: long days, have to work in any type of weather
When i worked for Weed Man, we would drive to the designated area with a van full of sales reps such as myself and door knocked. I learned how to communicate with new people and how to have ore confidence. The management was really relaxed, when was nice. Most, if not all of the co-workers were in their late teens/early 20's so that also made it more of a chilled environment. The hardest part of the job, i found was taking no for an answer repeatedly at times. It makes your confidence fall after a while and you start to feel like you don't want to work anymore. Also, we usually had to door knock even if it was raining (not lightning of course.) The most enjoyable part was being in an environment like that; surrounded my people your age and have the same lifestyle, it made the day go by fast sometimes.
Part Time job during school
Going door to door as sales representative (Former Employee), Surrey, BCMarch 13, 2013
Pros: get to choose amount of days and hours in a week
Cons: there was a quota for a day you and your team had to reach
Go walk door to door to peoples house and ask them if they were interested in what the company was offering
I learned that money is not that easy to make even though this job did not have a lot to do
Management was not the best it just used to set schedules and if it was your first day they would train you for an hour or so
Co-workers became friends after the first day and everyone used to get along with each other
The hardest part was walking long distances
The easiest part was talking to people
Relaxed easy going with funny co-workers
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Windsor, ONNovember 23, 2013
Pros: having your own company truck
Cons: working in bad weather
I do all of my sales callbacks from the previous day's leads, fill out my daily paperwork, then proceed to go in my company truck and drive out to my designated neighbourhood where I wait for sales leads. Once I get the list of potential customers, I then proceed to go forth and make sales.

I learned the art of selling - persuasion, negotiation, overcoming objections, and how to use my charming personality to my advantage.

Management is friendly, easy going, and funny; as are my co-workers.

Hardest part of the job - not making sales and working in bad weather.

Most enjoyable part of the job - being mobile and making sales.
Never a dull moment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONAugust 1, 2013
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: little to no hours
People that work at weedman are great people, you have to be to survive there. The work itself is very stressful. Customers are always angry because of the new products weed man is forced to use. Constant pressure from manager to save impossible customers and to up sell. Its called a customer service position but there is a heavy emphasis on meeting a weekly sales quota. You work 5-6 days a week for about 4 hours each day. Part time CSR are fired on a weekly basis, but during the interview they do tell you its seasonal work. I made good friends during my stay, but if I were to go back I would've worked somewhere else.
A nice place to work at.
REPRÉSENTANTE SERVICE À LA CLIENTÈLE (Former Employee), 1123 autoroute 440, Laval, QuebecJuly 22, 2014
Pros: close to my home.
Cons: unstable hours due to shortage of work.
A typical day involved answering phones for customer service, filing and mail. Nice work environment with friendly co-workers and management. Supervisor was very calm in her training methods. I would have stayed longer, but because of shortage of work, I was let go. Most difficult part of the job was dealing with customer cancellations. I still learned a lot in the short time I worked there.
Weed Man
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Hamilton, ONJanuary 11, 2014
Weed Man is a difficult job to work they take you and six other kids out into random areas and have you go door to door asking for signatures sound easy right ? well people are not often to found of us and often say horrible things to you the worst part is the cold during the winter times but come summer its smooth sailing from there on out it is a great starter job for those eager to get into the work place and make some quick cash but there isn't much job security as they are constantly hireing and fireing people
Good place to work, the atmosphere just brings you down.
Sales Closer (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 5, 2015
Potential to make great money and everyone around you will help motivate you!

But when you're working there you feel rude and that you feel like you're invading privacy following leads for calls (depending on campaign that is).

If you have sales experience or at least want some you should definitely apply here.
Prodctive
Weed Technician (Former Employee), Sault Ste MarieJuly 15, 2012
Pros: traviling and road time
Cons: long hours
weedman was long hours for a good pay check you didnt get payed by the hour only by the amount of houses ur did within a day.But the Experience was Great becuase I got to many things about the long care industry at the time working pesticides but having good Co-workers made this job injoyable and the most enjoyible part was traviling to surrounding areas of Sault Ste Marie
I don't suggest anyone to work there
Tecnition (Former Employee), LondonOctober 6, 2012
Pros: nothing good
Cons: long hours
would never have them do work for me. They expect alot for little pay. They have new employees every year.