The Wedgewood Hotel & Spa is looking for a Full Time Valet/Bellman to join our team!
Given the nature of the Wedgewood Hotel as a unique, boutique style property, a Bellman or Valet must be a multi-functional individual who is driven to always exceed our guests expectations with an attention for detail.
The individual possesses strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude towards their work and their fellow colleagues handling extreme pressure situations as they occur. Decision-making and problem solving skills are necessary with an attention to detail.
Specific Duties and/or Job Responsibilities:
- Provide courteous, prompt, professional and attentive guest service up to 5 Diamond Standards at all times.
- Upon guest arrivals, open car doors for guests and unload all luggage to be delivered to the guest room after desk check-in; upon completion of check-in, escort guests with luggage to their assigned room ensuring a smooth transition from start to finish.
- While safely operating a variety of vehicles, valet guest automobiles with care for stowing or removing valuable items visible in the interior of the auto, also conducting a visual inspection of the vehicles exterior itself for any damage noted and placing an appropriately completed valet tag within.
- Promote the property in your interactions and possess a sound knowledge of the surrounding area and activities.
- Maintain a good working relationship and communication amongst all colleagues and/or departments.
- Keeping yourself aware of procedural and/or policy changes by reviewing any memos prepared and circulated by the GM, FOM or AFOM.
- Handling any cash settlements for valet or other services whilst rectifying any/all outages and/or shortages before the conclusion of your shift.
- Keep the lobby, the front of the hotel and public areas clean and clear of clutter and/or debris; report any significant deficiencies to either the Housekeeping or Maintenance Departments.
- Addressing and resolving guest concerns in a timely manner escalating issues to the Manager on Duty when you are unable to do so.
- Monitor & expedite deliveries of guest items to rooms in a timely fashion.
- Upon departures, assist guests with luggage as required, confirm transportation and load vehicle with luggage confirming that all pieces are present and accounted for.
- Must have a valid drivers license and be able to drive both automatic and standard vehicles.
Indeed - 30+ days ago