The Wedgewood Hotel & Spa, an 83-room Relais and Chateaux property, located across from the fashionable Robson Square in the heart of Vancouver's thriving cosmopolitan core has an immediate opening for Front Office Manager.
*Trip Advisor "Travelers Choice Winner" - Luxury Category 2012*
*Condé Nast Traveler "Gold List", 2012*
*Travel & Leisure Magazine "Top 500 World's Best Hotels*
-Supervision of Front Office operations (Front Desk, Bellman, Valets) in one of the leading boutique hotels in North America.
-Overseeing the day to day operation of the Front Office to maximize guest & employee experiences.
-Provides leadership training and staff development.
-Driving revenues while controlling costs.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure the smooth management of operations.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism in all aspects of job performance.
- Seeks feedback on guest satisfaction and resolves problems in accordance with our Hotel standards.
- Work with the Revenue and Reservations Manager, Executive Housekeeper and Sales, to ensure strategies are in place to maximize Front Office revenue opportunities with minimum expenses (track, and forecast daily, weekly and monthly occupancy levels). This will also include looking at out of order rooms, sell outs, preventative maintenance and special room projects.
- Responsible for conducting Emergency Procedures and General Crisis Management (fire panel, medical emergencies, etc.)
- Responsible for all hotel operations in the absence of senior hotel management
- Ensure the effective utilization and productivity of all employees through staff planning, hiring, and scheduling, while adhering to the hotel budget parameters
- Perform any other tasks that are assigned by management.
-3-4 years of previous Front Office experience at a four or five diamond level in a similar position is essential
- Level 2 First Aid, an asset; otherwise must have willingness and ability to obtain it
- Good knowledge in Revenue management and room inventory management
- Very strong written & verbal communication skills
- Extremely people focused, willing to put the interests of our guests and colleagues first.
- Strong leadership skills; able to lead colleagues to achieve the departmental vision and goals
- Highly organized, results oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a
fast paced, changing environment
- Enthusiasm and passion for your work
- Very hands on approach to management and guest services
- Tourism/Hospitality Management Diploma or Post Secondary Degree preferred
- Be able to work various shifts, including afternoon, weekends and graveyard shifts
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office
- Knowledge in Epitome and asset
- Local candidates only