The position is on a full-time, permanent basis.
The candidate is expected to participate in a team environment. The candidate must possess excellent troubleshooting skills; a high attention to detail; the ability to follow specific guidelines and criteria; excellent time-management and organizational skills.
Webnames.ca Inc. is a domain name registrar and provider of web hosting, email and other Internet services. We are a spinoff of the original .CA domain registry which operated out of the University of British Columbia between 1987 and 2000. We attribute our continued growth and success to our effective services, powerful systems and our unsurpassed commitment to supporting and servicing our customers in a professional, ethical and straightforward manner. For more information on Webnames.ca at https://www.webnames.ca
Reports to the IT Manager
Term, Hours and Remuneration
Position is full-time, hours to be determined by the IT Manager, and may be anywhere between 7am and 5pm. Extra hours may be required at times.
Excellent benefits package after a three-month probationary period. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Day-to-day systems administration and support of the company servers, networks, workstations and laptops.
- Perform systems upgrades e.g. server upgrade, workstation upgrade, hardware upgrade and related duties.
- Review security advisories and apply service packs/patches to the servers, workstations and laptops accordingly.
- Perform and manage the daily and monthly system backups.
- Maintain the email and spam filter systems.
- Enforce antivirus and security policies.
- Assist/conduct testing/implementation of new systems and services as required and directed by the IT Manager.
- Provide support to office end-users.
- Liaise with software and hardware vendor for troubleshooting complex issues.
- Respond and provide resolution to tier2 escalated webhosting, DNS and email issues from the customer support department.
- Post-secondary training in systems administration or degree in computer science
- 1-2 years related experience.
- Experience with: VMware ESXi, VMware vCenter Server, RHEL, Windows 2012 Server, Windows 7 and Office 2007/2013.
- Familiar with: Apache, IIS, MySQL, MS SQL, HTML, PHP, BIND, Email, DNS, VMware, bash scripting, Sharepoint and Backup systems.
- Strong work ethic plus ability to multi-task & be flexible to take on shifting priorities.
- Good oral and written communication skills preferred.
- Ability to follow specific guidelines & criteria and use good judgment in problem solving and decision-making.
- Ability to exercise tact and discretion and can be entrusted with confidential information.
- Effective organizational and interpersonal skills required. Must be able to work in a team environment.
Emailed résumés only please, no phone enquiries or faxes. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Webnames.ca maintains an A+ Better Business Bureau rating, a zero BBB complaint record and average telephone response times of well below 1...