- Would you like your software to be enjoyed by thousands of users each day?
- Would you like to be responsible for entire projects, including database schema, class logic,
background processes, and web UI?
- Would you like to work with a small team of experienced, competent developers, giving and receiving
candid and positive feedback as you advance your careers?
- Would like to be part of a stable, respected, award-winning Canadian company that helps maintain and
expand critical Internet infrastructure?
Then we want you.
Webnames.ca Inc. is a domain name registrar and provider of web hosting and other Internet services. We are
a spinoff of the original .CA domain registry which operated out of the University of British Columbia between
1987 and 2000. We attribute our continued growth and success to our effective services, powerful systems and
our unsurpassed commitment to supporting and servicing our customers in a professional, ethical and
straightforward manner. For more information on Webnames.ca see https://www.webnames.ca.
- You get a deep satisfaction from clean code that does exactly what it was supposed to do.
- You write code that the “next guy” can understand, knowing that the next guy may well be you, a few
years from now.
- You love the feeling of solving a difficult problem.
- You strive to find the simplest possible design that will meet the requirements.
- You can easily communicate software issues to non-programmers verbally and in writing.
- You can quickly evaluate new technologies, frameworks, or methodologies, and help the team decide
if adopting them would significantly improve our productivity, or needlessly consume our time.
- You are a graduate from a post-secondary institution.
REQUIRED TECHNOLOGY EXPERIENCE
- ASP.NET Web Forms and MVC
- Dynamic, database driven websites
- Batch/background processing
NICE TO HAVE
- VB.NET, LINQ
- T-SQL Programming in SQL Server
- Multi-Threading and connection pooling in Java
- Mobile/responsive development
- PHP and CMS Sites like Wordpress
- SignalR or other real-time communication libraries
SALARY AND COMPENSATION
- Salary commensurate with experience. After a three-month probationary period you will have access to
our excellent benefits package, including:
o Supplemental educational funding
o Extended health coverage
o Fitness allowance
TERM AND HOURS
- Position is full-time for a term of 6 months (with possible extension to one year and beyond), in our
Vancouver, office, starting as soon as possible.
- Your 8-hour workday will be in a management-agreed regular schedule somewhere between 8:30 am
and 6pm, Mondays to Fridays.
- Please reply with cover letter and resume.
- No phone enquiries or faxes please.
- Outsourcing companies and agencies are not being considered at this time.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents only
Indeed - 4 months ago
copy to clipboard
Webnames.ca maintains an A+ Better Business Bureau rating, a zero BBB complaint record and average telephone response times of well below 1...