Webnames.ca Inc. is a domain name registrar and provider of web hosting and other Internet services. The organization thrives on an exciting, high-paced team environment. We are a spinoff of the original .CA domain registry which operated out of the University of British Columbia between 1987 and 2000.
We attribute our continued growth and success to our effective services, powerful systems and our unsurpassed commitment to supporting and servicing our customers in a professional, ethical and straightforward manner.
We pride ourselves in our team atmosphere that fosters the personal and career growth of all of our staff. We value the input and feedback from our employees and our customers. For more information on Webnames.ca see http://www.webnames.ca.
- You take extreme pride and care in the work you produce.
- You must be able to work independently and contribute intelligently to the projects you are involved in.
- You will be collaborating with colleagues to create and troubleshoot new websites and applications
- You will be proactive on seeking out tasks, communication, and updating status
- You have strong oral and written communication skills
- You are able to define requirements and take on tasks with minimal supervision and juggle multiple deadlines
- You show willingness to learn new technologies during a project lifecycle
- You have a minimum of 2 years proven experience
Reports to Director of Software Development and Management Team
Term, Hours and Remuneration:
Position is full-time employment for a 12 month term with the possibility of extension to a permanent position. Hours to be determined by management but the eight-hour work day will fall between 8:30am to 6pm Mondays to Fridays.
Excellent benefits package after a three-month probationary period. Salary commensurate with experience.
- Strong portfolio showcasing commercial experience across user experience, interface, interactive, graphic, and web design.
- Produce clean, fast loading, cross-browser compatible compliant mark up
- Meet deadlines, communicate deliverables and present quality work at all levels of a project.
Solid demonstrable knowledge in the following technologies is required:
- Expertise in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of SEO
Experience with the following is a definite asset:
- jQuery Mobile and jQuery UI
If you are interested in joining an award winning company and grow in a multi-faceted role, please respond with a cover letter, links to relevant work samples and résumé. No phone enquiries or faxes please. This is a full time position and outsourcing companies, temporary contract workers or agencies are not being considered at this time. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.