WebMD

WebMD Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Headed in the wrong direction
Upper management (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 15, 2014
Management is poor, work/life balance is non-existent, and the culture is sour.
awesome
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 17, 2014
Excellent Job to work for i was contracted. Great company to work for.
A Career Immersed in Wellness Programs and Hard Working Inidividuals
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: my tremendous co-workers
A typical day at WebMD was participating in telephone conversations with clients that had purchased one or more of our wellness products. The conversations ranged from the explaining the details of the program that had been purchased by client to gathering client specific details to cater the product to work best for them. There were are also many inter-company – more... calls connecting our team together, as well as coordinating a plan with all other teams that had a piece in making the final product work. Throughout this experience at WebMD I also did telephonic health coaching for which I would talk to participants that had qualified for coaching via our health risk assessment. I would talk to participants about modifiable risk factors, ways to facilitate change in those areas, and tools to break down the barriers that were keeping them from their health goals. With coaching, became the most difficult part of the job in that some people did were very resentful of our advice or "intrusion" in to their health behaviors, and that was an adjustment for me a person that had built her life and education around helping people and wanting them to have the healthiest of lives possible. However, in contrast, when I spoke with someone that was really happy to talk to me and proud to tell me what they had accomplished, it was an amazing feeling. And the same good feeling came when a clients health coaching program started and ran successfully. In this job I learned a tremendous amount about all the health information out there and how to use it to improve my life as well as others. – less
Poor Mgmt. Felt Like Grade School All Over Again
sr. financial analyst (Current Employee), Portland, ORNovember 23, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: work environment; barely anyone says hi
Terrible manager in the PDX office overseeing the financials. This heifer needs to grow up. The setting was like grade school in 2nd grade where your presence was threaten by others by making faces and odd gestures & rude comments. Sad case of an unhappy person who's reflecting it in the workplace. Good luck to her past her 50's living alone.
Brand equity is high, but company lacks direction
Contractor (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 18, 2013
learned a lot, office politics can be challenging, parties are fun, product strategy needs work
Stable and relatively young enviornment
MANAGER (Former Employee), New YorkNovember 6, 2013
Good company and process driven. Depending on the team, growth opportunities difficult to find.
A pure joy to go to work every day
Content creation (Current Employee), NYC sattelite, Worldwide PlazaOctober 27, 2013
Pros: highly recognizable brand, unlimited coffee, tea, hot chocolate, bottled water, "bagel friday", casual dress code, casual work atmosphere, helpful management, 50th st subway is right underneath the building
Cons: none at the present time.
The atmosphere, culture, and people at WebMD/Medscape make it a pleasure to go to work. Casual, friendly, and with laser focus. Don't let the casual atmosphere fool you, everyone takes their job seriously and is stellar at what they do. I don't see any micromanaging--you know what's expected of you, and you do it.

I definitely get a sense of a team – more... atmosphere--members of different departments working on a project sense that all parts of the puzzle make up the whole. Everyone communicates with one another, helps and guides when needed, and the result is full cooperation, collaboration, and goal attainment. This is evidenced by the longevity of the employees--I see people there who have stayed for 3, 5 years...and even longer.

Management supports the importance of work/life balance. Colleagues within my department routinely telecommute a day or 2 during the week, and I can see that the same goes for other departments as well. They are flexible when life throws an occasional monkey wrench into your way--as long as you don't take advantage of it--and make accommodations for things like doctor appointments, late trains, child care, etc. If you take care of them, show commitment and responsibility to your job, they will take care of you.

The compensation appears to be in line with current industry standards. But this is a situation where you don't' necessarily want to make it all about money; you can't put a price tag on this kind of positive work culture. When I was interviewing, I did also have another offer on the table for a little bit more money, but I chose the offer from WebMD based upon the atmosphere and good vibe. Everyone just *likes* each other, and it was overall a perfect fit for me.

If you see an opening, definitely apply. – less
Potential to be a greater company
Senior Project Manager-Medscape Promotions (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 22, 2013
Pros: some travel, pizza fridays, great training for pms
Cons: managment
It was a wonderful opportunity in the digital realm. Learned plenty
Content Producer (Current Employee), San Clemente, CAAugust 19, 2013
Love it! It's a great place to work. Management is awesome! I just wish there were more opportunity for advancement.
Wonderful people
Manager, Programming & Content (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2013
I am lucky to have worked with such an intelligent, hard-working team.
Okay place t work
Health Educator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 31, 2013
Great company and very successful; however, everything is micromanaged. Work was rated on numbers of people contacted vs. time spent on each client.
Great Place to work.
Senior Software QA Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 9, 2013
Pros: located in nyc.
Cons: none.
Great place to work. Friendly colleagues and Supervisors.
Dysfunctional Company with Decent Opportunities
Producer (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 30, 2013
Pros: decent pay and benefits, work-life balance is good in some departments
Cons: dysfunctional management, lack of trust in employees
There are some very good opportunities within WebMD. They do some interesting things as a digital media company and you can take advantage of that as an employee and work on some very cool projects. Unfortunately, the management tends to be dysfunctional and very top down. They can also be very authoritarian which is odd when dealing with highly-skilled – more... professionals. There's a lack of trust in employees that undermines the quality of everyone's work. – less
OK to work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2013
CONS: WebMD used to be a great place to work before politics and cliques got involved. As a result, there is total mismanagement, some people in charge don't know what they are doing (they just got the job because of friendships), and time and resources aren't managed well so you spend a lot of time creating spreadsheets and answering questions all – more... day due to the many fire drills that take place. At this stage in the game, WebMD should be much further ahead in terms of technology and processes. They make work harder than it should be.

PROS: Awesome cake day (if they still even have it), free milk and fresh fruit delivered each morning, flex time, good benefits and ability to work from home (but only if your boss/dept allows it). – less
Sr. Production Engineer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2013
Depending on what department and what office you work in, WebMD can be a great place to work.
Digital Sales Planner
Digital Sales Planner (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 5, 2013
Great place to be! Learned a lot. Unfortunately my position was eliminated.
Good company
Recruiting Coordinator (Contract) (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 22, 2013
WebMD is a nice company to work for if you are in the online/media and technology space. Great opportunities for sales/marketing types as well.
The HR department in which I work leaves something to be desired. The company at large doesn't seem to see the inherent value in the department and it's not supported properly.
WebMD needs to employ better management skills
Accounting Clerk IV (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 13, 2013
Management needs to improve their skills. The employees work well together.
Great work environment while it lasted.
Hardware Field Engineer (Former Employee), Valhalla, NYJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: internal development of poeple and resources.
Cons: through acquisitions the company management dismanteled this office 2000 - 2006.
Great group of people that worked together to learn and provide professional services. There was a drive to innovate and to advance everyone to the next level. The company developed resources from within including myself. It was a positive atmosphere from the president down.
Fast friendly place to work multi skills aquired
Customer Service (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 30, 2012
expanded in customer service skills per incoming calls and assist to members and physicians. navigation thru multiple windows with multi-task environment solving issues with over 60 members per day in an controlled relaxed atmosphere.

About WebMD

House calls are a browser click away thanks to this online doctor. WebMD Health Corp. is a leading Web publisher of health information – Read more