WEBCOM

WEBCOM Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
stay away
manufacturing (Former Employee), torontoNovember 3, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: you are not treated as if you are a human being
The management in this company feel they own you. They cancel your shifts during the week and then expect you to work the weekend for straight time. There is a revolving door of employees and managers. As soon as they see that you are not valuable or they will replace you for someone who makes less money, so don't go on vacation, or you could be gone. – more... They will decide for you when you can take your vacation You will never be good enough. It is a complete sweat shop. Some co-workers are extremely nice but there is a culture, created by management, for people to back stab your co workers. People are generally unhappy. It is the most disorganized company I have been in. I am not a disgruntled employee I just don't want to see people in a bad situation. – less
Prodcutive operations role
Production Coordinator (Current Employee), toronto, onSeptember 15, 2014
I've learned quite a bit in regards to manufacturing as I've worn many different hats at Webcom. Please refer to my resume, and feel free to ask any questions.
great people; team environment
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Toronto, ONSeptember 3, 2013
Pros: co-workers
Cons: 24/7 on call; long hours
In my years at Webcom I learned a great deal about book manufacturing which included the printing of the text signatures on web presses; the printing of covers on various stocks and utilizing various coatings to the different bindings - perfect binding, layflat binding and stitching. As a project manager I "owned" the job from the time it was won by – more... the sales team, through the submission of files, the manufacturing and shipping through to final delivery. Any bumps along the way were quickly addressed and resolved.

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Webcom. Yes a great many days were long days but they were not boring days. The reward was holding the final product - seeing that it was good and knowing that your customer was happy with their experience at Webcom and that you had done your job well.

The hardest part at Webcom were the years of downsizing due to the changing markets; seeing your friends escorted out and knowing you could also be on that list - terminated without prejudice.

The most enjoyable part was the people. They were great - supportive, helpful, a multicultural community all with the same goal...customer satisfaction. – less
Productive, Fast-Paced and continuing to grow
Search Engine Optimization Specialist/ Trainer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 17, 2012
Pros: fast-paced
Cons: lack of employees to match customer base
This is a very nice company to work for if you can deal with stress for customers.