Webb Electronics Inc., a subsidiary of Cobra Integrated Systems, manufactures emergency voice communications and other similar devices in our Burnaby location. We are offering a DSP Software Engineer an opportunity in a go-ahead company where you will play a role in the development of our products.
The successful candidate will work with our design engineering team to develop, code and debug voice, video and image processing algorithms and circuitry and provide expert support in selecting suitable DSP platforms and processors for new product development.
- Design, develop and analyse the performance of signal processing algorithms.
- Evaluate the latest DSP processors and recommend suitable platforms.
- Adapt DSP algorithms into C or C++ code from simulation code and research papers.
- Develop and execute tests to characterize algorithm and system performance.
- Troubleshoot system defects and anomalies.
- Document designs, test plans, procedures and results.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- 2 – 5 years of DSP software development.
- Skilled at structured DSP development and RTOS experience.
- Direct experience working with TI and/or Freescale DSP’s, their architectures and development tools such as Code Composer and JTAG debugging.
- Good working knowledge of:
- Wired speech codecs such as G.711, G.726, etc...
- Video codecs such as H.264, MPEG4, etc...
- VoIP protocols such as RTP, sRTP, RTCP, SIP, etc...
- Meticulous troubleshooting and debugging skills
Desirable characteristics: Excellent communication, interaction and problem solving skills with attention to detail. Quality focused, innovative, inventive, creative, self-motivated, flexible.
Start: November 2013
Indeed - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
Webb Electronics Inc., a subsidiary of Cobra Integrated Systems, manufactures emergency voice communications and other similar devices in...