Weatherford Employee Reviews

Poor organization t
Wireline engineer (Former Employee) –  Alberta10 March 2013
This organization lack good management. They don't care about the developing of employee in terms of growing in the career.
Pros
sound training
Cons
poor management
Excellent training and safety programs.
Sr. Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rural Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan20 February 2013
A typical day started between at 5 am with a pre-trip vehical inspection. I would then register the trip with Journey Management and would include the rout,road conditions,numbers of passsengers, E.T.A. and contact information. Then I would make sure my log book was up to date and all other paperwork was in order to make the trip safely. I would then start the commute that ranged from 15 minutes to 1.5 hours to location usually deep in the back country.

6:30 am Safety meeting/crew change at what time I would review witht the Jr. Night Shift Supervisor the operations that went on overnight. Discuss any changes in operations or safety concerns that the crew may have. Checking all reporting for errors, ensuring the customers need were met and reports were sent in on time.

7:30 am Safety meeting with all other 3rd part crews on location. At this time we would discuss the daily activities to be performed. All safety issues are reviewed and documented.

8:00 am General operation proceed where I would lead/train my crew in all aspects of well control in order to complete the task at hand.

6:30 pm Safety meeting/crew change.
Productive & High Volume Department.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2013
Weatherford has a high volume accounting department. Responsibilities were to assist the Accounts Manager as required. Organize meetings and events. Assist accounting department when needed. Manage credit checks and expense reports. Weatherford did not have a very positive work environment.
I was working night shift as a welder
Welder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta21 January 2013
Great company and I got training how to use the MIG welding machines, excellent working environment and the company all are great to work with. you keep the number of the parts they need everyday, excellent benefit and great company
Pros
working as a team
Cons
no any issue with this company
Football
Technician/ Bucking Unit & TRS Field Operator (Former Employee) –  Egypt23 October 2012
I did work at desert and workshop and offshore.
i did learn how to improve my self and carry on.
Bad management.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, dinner, teatime
Cons
8 hours workshop
Technician
Lab Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2012
 Reservoir Engineering Department. Primary core analysis.
 Quality Control. Porosity and Permeability Determination (P&P).
Going downhill
HD Mechanic Apprentice 3rd year (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 August 2012
Company is very top heavy with approx. 1 manager/supervisor per worker, each with a different objective. This leads to to many crossed wires with all the blame resting soley on the workers.
Entire crew has quit on at least three occasions. Management begged the few of us that chose to stay to not leave. Later, they changed their mind and decided to 'restructure' our division and lay everyone off.
This isn't even an atypical experience. Avoid if you like job security.
Pros
obey most ahs regulations
Cons
everything else
Really fun people to work with
Slimline Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 July 2012
Lots of room for advancement and great people to work with. On hand training is there, co-workers there to help.
great company and work culture
Global Service Line Technical Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 June 2012
great company to work for, a bit laid back, great work culture
Pros
great working environment
Cons
a bit disorganized sometimes
Great great organization with opportunities to work in other countries.
Canadian Regional QHSSE (Former Employee) –  Calgary22 January 2012
Working with Weatherrford presents an employee with excellent training. This intern ensures employee development and allows for organic growth.
Pros
training & advancement
travaille agreable
technicien 2 (Former Employee) –  hassimessaoud21 February 2013
j ète avec cette entreprise depuit 2010 jusque maintenant j commence avec eux comme trainee operator j fait plusieur chantiers et rig et maintenant je veut veut changer car il mon pas dannner du bon salair
Pros
sécurité
Cons
salaire