Weatherford Employee Reviews

Very productive and mature staff who were easy to work with
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB17 September 2015
I would rate this organization as first class and probably one of the most pleasurable places I've worked in my career. Miss the comraderie and the group of excellent peers and co-workers.
really good enviroment
GM (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2015
great company to work with . everything is offered and there is lots to learn. co workers are really polite . the most enjoyable part of work is being outside most of the time
A New Side of the Oilfield
Directional Driller (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB2 September 2015
A new side of the oil field from applying the work on the rig to deciding what work needs to be done and how the project would be conducted.
As a Directional Field Supervisor there was a large amount of responsibility on me but with the help of field and office staff the projects were always completed safely and on time.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Away from home a lot
Great place to work with exeptional benifit program
Service Labourer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie17 August 2015
Very safety orientated company with low acceptance of hazardous employees. Pay was more than reasonable. Medical was very easy to deal with. Most shops allowed a family orientated life style. Management on a large scale seems poor and quick to react to failures in a employee negative way. Too many times in a year were employees asked what the company could to do improve and it appeared as though their comments or concerns were ignored or swept away. Shop manegemnt was organized and fair more often than not. Overall with the right coworkers it was an enjoyable atmosphere to work in and if something seemed unsafe or could be done more efficient your concerns were brought up prompt.
Pros
Great benifits, safety concious
Cons
lack of higher organization
Fun place to work and Plenty of O/T by choice
Shop Technician II (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB14 August 2015
Every day you get to learn something new by tearing down oil field tools, cleaning and putting back together. Also training on overhead crane and various forklifts.
Pros
Excellent Wages
Cons
On call
good place to work
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 August 2015
it was always usually busy, the people were great and there was never a bad day, very independant and the employees did not need a lot of supervision
Pros
great people
Cons
senior management was lacking
safe workplace
Field Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 June 2015
My Coordinator was not good on leadership skill and personality. It was very long driving distance from base to working location usually. But It was very good time to work with, and met lots of good co-workers. It was enjoyable and safe company to work.
Cons
Long working hours
Weatherford Laboratories
Senior Field Technologist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 June 2015
Organization is well-managed, there is a culture of dedication and hard work that reciprocates between lab staff and management. In turn, staff is generally satisfied with work loads, and there is a good balance between home life and work life.
Pros
Work unsupervised, fair and honest management, flexible work schedule
Cons
Sometimes work 12+ hour shifts
Company with so many technonocrates where one can increase hi knowledge
Field Operator (Former Employee) –  nisku8 May 2015
This is a company where you learn about the emerging technologies as well as improving it. There is also lots of things to do at the company because you would be giving lot of assignments to do
Great place to start
Driver Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB1 May 2015
Low wage but good hours top safety.
nice guys to work with when I was there.
day depended on what was needed.
hardest was trying to pay bills when work was slow.
learning new stuff
Pros
staftey
Cons
wages

Want to know more about Weatherford?

Ask a question
Vulture ecomomics at work.
Laboratory Technician / Assistant Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary30 April 2015
Working for this company is like walking through the dessert with no water. You will soon be dead and the vultures will pick your bones clean.
Joined it during the recession time so had to work myself up.
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie23 April 2015
Was introduced to the core oil field experience and I must say my exposure has been generous. It is hard work if you fail to balance work it is a typical home breaker. the money was good until recent with the oil fluctuation prices.
Pros
If you are a good worker then you are guaranteed work.
Cons
Racism is still high on the rise though
Fast paced and safety oriented
MWD Field Supervisor LVL. III (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 April 2015
The work life balance is horrific, but the returns are worth it. Definitely be sure you want to live to work should you decide to apply for a job with any weatherford division. The management pushes you to work but for the most part are understanding as most have move up from positions in the field. The hardest part of the job was the extremely long shifts sometimes over 24 hrs. The best part is knowing your doing a good job and things are running smoothly on your side of things.
Pros
Excellent rate of pay and sense of accomplishment
Cons
Being away for extended periods of time, Extremely long shifts
Good workplace
Intercompany Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 April 2015
A day at work starts with a morning greeting with colleagues and a morning coffee or tea. It's always conducive to work with focus having a good workplace to work at.

I enjoyed working with my co-workers having the good team work spirit.I have learned more to work harmoniously with people of different nationalities, critically observe deadlines and priorities.

Hard it may seem but I take it a good learning experience working in a complex system due to being a global company.
Pros
Free Friday Tim Horton breakfast
Great Company, tough schedule.
Drilling Engineer (Former Employee) –  Field work31 March 2015
Weatherford is a great company to work for and the management is great in the way they treat their employees. But due to the nature of their business, the schedule can be extremely tough and demanding, hard to manage family life and work.
Pros
Somewhat flexible work schedule
Cons
you can be asked to leave for work on a moments notice.
good place to work
Accounts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB20 March 2015
- as soon as you start you receive full health insurance
- company is highly safety oriented
- there is lots of room for growth within the company
- sales manager is unprofessional at the specified weatherford branch where i was employed.
- safety meetings are held once a month
- excellent branch manager
A lot of opportunities
MWD, Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 March 2015
Met a lot of people form different areas within the Drilling environment as well as to work with all MWD tools, the down side was that the work load depends on the weather.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Long shifts
challenging
QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  alberta canada16 March 2015
very challenging and productive. lots of quality and manufacturing experience gained . cross training and multi tasking a must and willing to trai nnew employess along with initiative work required
Great Company to work for.
Directional Drilling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Various13 March 2015
I started with Weatherford as Directional Driller after I finished taking Petroleum Engineering Technology in school. They have a great training program and I learned a lot from other experience DD's and the company. They have a great atmosphere for all new trainees and I always felt that anyone was willing to help you with any question you had, no matter what kind of question it may be.
Pros
Training and employee benefits.
Cons
Long days away from home.
Great company to work for.
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB11 March 2015
I was very happy working for Weatherford, I learned a lot. Had a wonderful group of guys to work along side. I really hoped I could have prolonged my employment but unfortunately with the economy as it is right now they had to down size and restructure.