Weatherford

Weatherford Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
New manager cleaned house
General Ledger Accountant (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 14, 2014
Weatherford is a huge company which offers great pay and benefits and the opportunity to move up the corporate ladder or just change positions is vast. The management in my department lied to replace us with her friends.
Professional and fun
Instructional Designer (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 14, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Weatherford. My superiors were laid back and respectful. My work/life balance was respected, they allowed me to go in early to leave earlier to avoid heavy traffic. They always cared about by wellbeing and were friendly.
Productive and energized environment.
Warehouse Lead Supervisor (Current Employee), Williston, NDApril 12, 2014
Supervising my crew was a great way how we came together as a team, worked together and even with bad weather conditions we always delivered within our deadline and then some.
Weatherford is a great company and a great place to work.
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 8, 2014
The people that I worked with were the best.
The creative team were very easy to work with.

Duties were:
Production and design of brochures, newsletters, posters, web banners, evites, and signage for print and digital publication.

Created tradeshow booth graphics and overall booth design for many global tradeshows.

Powerpoint presentations with special – more... effects were a weekly assignment.

We had the option to take classes in Word, Excel and Powerpoint which has helped me to be more efficient in my everyday projects. – less
Challenging but result oriented.
WELL TESTING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), GabonApril 3, 2014
Good team spirit amongst my wft crew.
They believe in family first.
I enjoyed my job. The people, the best i have worked with.
Field Technician (Former Employee), Woodward, OKMarch 30, 2014
Pros: had a company truck, card for fuel and expenses
Cons: worked all most all weakends
A fast paste job must be a people person, hardest part of my job was when I ran out of parts.
No work life balance and unsteady managment.
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 30, 2014
Pros: 6% 401k match
Cons: verly long hours, weekends, long close, micro manage, time tracking
Ok benefits and occasional pleasant outings. Hard working co workers and employees that are willing to go above and beyond. Overall, No work /life balance extremely long hours, overlapping of management, 4 managers for a staff of 7. High turnover for management and employees. Strong Micro management, management needs management training. Very... very – more... political environment and very stressful ,tense environment and employees. Unfair reviews. Two week month end close. Over assigning of duties and strong... micro management , you get burned out quickly. You will be judged for the burn out . Time tracking. Constant lay offs each year. very little comp time if any. There were only a few pleasant managers but for the most part, very high micromanagement .

With proper mgmt., and shorter month end closes, the department would be otherwise very pleasant. – less
It was a good experience.
Mechanic II (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 28, 2014
As a veteran just leaving the service this job taught me a lot about how to deal with civilians in a professional environment. The pay and benefits were outstanding and the people were very ready to work. The only downfall was the management which often did not feel it necessary to communicate and misappropriated both time and money. These are the things – more... that led to the eventual closure of the coiled tubing division. – less
Cutting edge technology
Sr Project Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 24, 2014
Pros: free range management
Cons: travel and tiedous hierachy
Support internal manufacturing and external composite material related issues. Report on evaluation and qualification of new materials. Support design engineers for manufacturing ability.
Interesting work place in the mining industry
Laboratory and Field Technician (Current Employee), Brisbane, QLDMarch 22, 2014
Pros: bonuses
Cons: away from home, low pay for the industry compared to others. restricted career progression
Working in different field positions with wireline logging and laboratory work.
A typical Day
Mechanical Assembler II (Current Employee), Houston, TexasMarch 21, 2014
Weekly meetings to update on new company goals and procedural updates. Allowed to work in my specific area, and follow a daily procedure for each station for the pipes.
the best living quarters good equipment
Frac Equipment operator (Current Employee), Williston, NDMarch 14, 2014
Pros: nice place to live while your there
Cons: no job security managment is terriable
long cold days,newest equipment,management is the worst,most coworkers get along great,easy job,the best living quarters in north dakota
Tight crew that worked well and played well together.
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 13, 2014
Pros: flexible projects with deadlines
Cons: traffic, there is always work being done on roads and freeways and always traffic.
Most people got to work much earlier than needed to get the day started off right. Management had a good feel for what was happening not only on a daily basis, but worked well meeting their goals and objectives, done and in on time.
Hardest part of my job was when there were problems in accounting that were not addressed early enough and I was the back – more... up.
The most enjoyable part of my day was working on ways to streamline processes and look for ways to make financial contributions. Along with the time to study new office equipment and plan motivational activities. – less
Fun Co Workers
Military Recruiting Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 12, 2014
Pros: people, job satisfaction, and travel
Cons: company is going through changes that affects by the 1000's
.Awesome experience and I was laid off due to restructure.

Came into work with a mission and executed with great support.
I learned a lot about politics and enjoyed being mentored by upper management.
Hardest part about the job is that matrix, yes its needed I understand. Its just that sometimes we have to focus on the people.
very poor place to work but good benefits
Machinist (Current Employee), Sapulpa, OKMarch 11, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: this company does not care about you or any one that works for them.
the management staff at this company is the worst I ever worked for. plant manager has not a clue to what he is doing and his supervisors are very lazy.
ok place to work managment needs to be overhauled
Presure control tecnician (Former Employee), Santa Paula, CAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: good benifits
Cons: bad managment
Not a good place for advancement. employees were taken advantage of by upper managment.
The work was great , good money to be made
Operator/Laborer (Current Employee), Tyler, TXMarch 10, 2014
Pros: made good money by working over time
Cons: management is lacking
Working at Weatherford is like walking on egg shells. Communication is not their biggest asset.I liked working with my co workers, every one helped each other when needed. good over time
Weatherford is a very large service and product supplier to the Oil & Gas industry.
Global Business Unit Product Line Controller (Current Employee), Houston, TexasMarch 10, 2014
Pros: it's a very large company.
Cons: it's a very large company.
My day can vary from doing accounting work, managing people, being part of a leardership team, assisting other plants and divisions, developing processes and procedures, assiting customers and vendors with issues and in general doing what is necessary to drive excellence.
Good job overall
Crew Pusher/ Operator (Current Employee), Bridgeport, TX / Lindsay, OKMarch 9, 2014
Pros: good income
Cons: other employees are not always of high standards
Work schedule is on-call 24/7 365. Extensive travel throughout Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Louisiana. Work long hours in a rig/drilling environment. Very labor intensive job.
management does not care about employees.
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 6, 2014
Pros: paid lunches
Cons: management, hours, work life/home life balance, pay is terrible
Managers hold very regular skeet shoots and other events but employees are not invited to such events. There are no incentives for working safely other than keeping all your fingers pretty much. In 2 years there's been one safety BBQ and it was only because someone got seriously hurt and they didn't want to get sued. The pay is terrible

About Weatherford

Weatherford International can weather the natural and economic storms that affect the oil and gas market. The company, which is – Read more