Weatherford

Weatherford Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive place learn something every day
Assembly Tech II (Current Employee), fort worth texas 76140January 27, 2014
Pros: free salads and fruit mondays and wednesdays
Cons: management
busy everyday get to use different tools everyday and good ppl to work with . management need fixing had about 3 managers in 1 1/2 years . hardest thing of the job is building the frac sleeve. most enjoyable part of the day our break room we have a t.v.
Large focus on safety and training.
Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee), Elkview, WVJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: health care, 401k, company vehicle
- A fast paced environment with a large focus on safety and training. - My training included Asset management, sales, Field Service Technician II, Shop technician and Capillary Technologies. While performing the duties listed, I learned valve repair and wellhead installation and testing per industry standards.
- Management was a challenge due to large – more... turnover rate and forever changing demands with compliance.
- My opinion of my co-workers is very positive due to the performance and sacrifices made to meet client demands. Everyone worked hard and adapted to change in order to provide better products and services.
- The hardest part of the job was going to work each day not knowing if the doors would be open. After confirmation from management that our facility would stay open, it was closed shortly thereafter.
- The most enjoyable aspect of the job was the ability to work with a core group of guys who cared about there jobs and gave more of themselves than was asked. – less
This is a well supervised company most employees are very professional.
Weiler Machinist (Former Employee), Huntsville, TXJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: a lot to learn at this facility because the product line is critical.
Cons: so much information to learn fast.
A typical work day changed depending on the work load. I learned a lot about how to throw parts using a four jaw chuck for O.D and I.D concentricity. Also I learned a great deal of how to program a Weiler Machine. The management was professional. People I worked with was always there to help. The hardest part about the job was the long 12 hour days. – more... I only wanted to work less than 50 hours a week. The most enjoyable part about this job was that management never put any stress on its employees. – less
Is a great company.
wellhead technician (Current Employee), Odessa, TXJanuary 21, 2014
I enjoyed working at weatherford but I need to make more money and browse different aspects. I liked my job and my bosses. good company to start out with. I learned a lot and wanted to advance in the company. I got along with my co workers and enjoyed learning from them. the hardest part of my job was the long hours and time away from my loved ones. – more... But they were the reason for me to work those long hours. – less
Great Company
Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 14, 2014
Best Contract job ever , great management team , learned a lot about the oil & gas industry.
Bottom line based company
Fixed Asset Accountant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: job security and benefits
Cons: times breaks/lunches, pay, worklike balance
Fast pace environment
Deadline oriented
Very efficient ERP system
Enjoyed working with all co-workers.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Vernal, UTJanuary 4, 2014
Oil drilling and exploration is an interesting field to be apart of. Enjoyed working with my co-workers.
HR
Personnel Supervisor (HR representative) (Current Employee), Saudi ArabiaDecember 22, 2013
I have experience in various domains, banking, HR, administration.
Persistent and ready to adopt a new tasks & experience.
I'm aspire to get to the managerial level, so as to utilize my capability & experience in practical way.
Oil & Gas life.
Receptionist (Current Employee), Dubai, DUDecember 21, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: exact hours
answering call, welcoming the visitor I learned to be more patient on a daily basis, I was working as a reception as well as admin job. my co workers are all supportive the hardest part of my job is when i got a angry caller . the most enjoyable part of my job is I learned a lot.
Never work for this company!!
Service Supervisor (Former Employee), Odessa, TexasDecember 18, 2013
Pros: screwing up
Cons: everything
Never work for this company! This is the worst company I have ever worked for. I worked @ the Weatherford yard in Odessa texas. You have field supervisors, and service supervisors that do not have a clue of what's going on. They really don't know the schematics of fracturing. If it wasn't for the field engineers. These guys would kill someone. And even – more... ruin a customers well. And far as payroll, something's always wrong either you get hours taken away. Or you don't get a paycheck @ all. The payroll lady stays flirting with the op sup. And she's always playing the blame game. It's very unorganized. I wouldn't send my worst enemy there. HR is just like the payroll lady. – less
I really love my job! just wish it paid more......
Field Tech for Hydraulic Artificial Lift pumps (Current Employee), Woodward, OKDecember 17, 2013
Pros: company pickup, company credit card, room for advancement.
Cons: pay is okay, but low for having to deal with 3500psi on a daily basis imho.
My manager is a good guy, my co-workers are great.
Typical huge corporation, raises are slow and small. Its got GREAT insurance.
I had a great work experience with Weatherford.
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Mumbai, MHDecember 17, 2013
Work environment, team cooperation and management is really appreciable.
Non productive and poor management
Service Supervisor Frac (Current Employee), Williston, NDDecember 17, 2013
Not organized, poor management, no employee assistance or backing.
Productive and interesting place to work
Logging Geologist / Data Engineer (Current Employee), Doha, DAWDecember 16, 2013
Cons: healthcare, team work
Overview of the mud logging services: sensors, gas equipment, data acquisition and processing system, safety equipment and reporting, Detailed review of the mud logging services to improve drilling efficiency, such as Cutting Volume Monitoring, real-time detection of down hole vibration, wash-out detection, early kick detection in water based mud and – more... oil based mud, real-time hydraulic , real-time surge and swab, real time kick control, integration with MWD –Directional.
Detailed review of the latest high technology gas detection and chromatograph systems. On site gas real-time quality control. On site real-time gas interpretation using the conventional ratio methods. On site advanced gas ratio interpretation and capabilities.
Basic offshore safety induction and emergency training, how to react to and to survive a helicopter ditching at sea, procedures for ditching preparation, helicopter evacuation and sea survival and rescue techniques, surface and underwater evacuation exercises conducted in simulator. – less
Good company to work for
Mudlogging Geologist (Current Employee), Dickinson, NDDecember 15, 2013
Pros: good benefits, good equipment
Cons: could be payed more for job responsibility
Good company to work for, went through district changes, still managed to feel appreciated
Very busy office environment
Office Manager / District Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Bryan, TXDecember 11, 2013
Pros: fast paced so the day went by quickly.
Cons: it's the oilfield, so job security was always a concern.
The co-workers and management there were all very polite and very helpful. The day consisted of lots of reports, payroll, human resource management, OSHA filings, answering the phones and general office duties. I enjoyed the office setting and being able to interact with all of the employees and customers that came in.
big company made good money no culture
Frac Supervisor (Current Employee), Odessa, TXDecember 10, 2013
not a good place to work bad management no culture wasteful with money
big company made good money no culture
Frac Supervisor (Current Employee), Odessa, TXDecember 10, 2013
not a good place to work bad management no culture wasteful with money
Would love to be re hire
CNC Machine Operator IV (Former Employee), Huntsville, TXDecember 9, 2013
Outstanding Co. safety is a number 1 thing with this co. and all the trainning.
Great place to work,Except too lone away from home.
Maintence Tecnition (Former Employee), Buckhannon, WVNovember 28, 2013
Pros: learing about fracking wells, and working on the equipment
Cons: staying away from home
Working on pumps,changing oil on the machines,going to the job site to frack the wells.Good coworkers,allways willing to help each other out.The hardest part was having to stay away from home sometimes for a week or two.The most enjoyable part was working with the other guys.

About Weatherford

Weatherford International can weather the natural and economic storms that affect the oil and gas market. The company, which is – Read more