Weatherford Employee Reviews

challenging
QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  alberta canada16 March 2015
very challenging and productive. lots of quality and manufacturing experience gained . cross training and multi tasking a must and willing to trai nnew employess along with initiative work required
Great great organization with opportunities to work in other countries.
Canadian Regional QHSSE (Former Employee) –  Calgary22 January 2012
Working with Weatherrford presents an employee with excellent training. This intern ensures employee development and allows for organic growth.
Pros
training & advancement
productive, fun enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  edmonton, AB17 May 2013
hard working individual with geat and positive attitude. found it to be a wonderful experince and it gave me a positive outlook on what i want to do in the future.
Pros
always on time
Cons
cannot do overtime, have a child.
good place to work
senior operator (Former Employee) –  based out of reddeer ab19 June 2014
the oil and gas industry was a great place to work I was a testing supervisor and was able to teach new people how to preform their jobs
Pros
lots of traveling great pay
Cons
late fall and winter work never home
not honest with employees
Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton18 February 2015
Don't waste your future here there is no loyalty at Weatherford.

good safety culture

nice co workers

good equipment

I wouldn't go back
Pros
good people
Cons
no loyalty
Football
Technician/ Bucking Unit & TRS Field Operator (Former Employee) –  Egypt23 October 2012
I did work at desert and workshop and offshore.
i did learn how to improve my self and carry on.
Bad management.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, dinner, teatime
Cons
8 hours workshop
Great People and Organization
Consulting Geologist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 April 2014
Excellent management and the opportunity for growth is always available. Great support from all departments.
Pros
Consistent work, busy setting
Cons
Contractual term
Decent place to work with advancement opportunities, but has a disfunctional management system.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 February 2015
During my time at Weatherford I had some good times and bad. The first few weeks were full of training and safety orientation and quite boring, but the start of most jobs are. After that I spent a couple of weeks in the shop with the other new guys learning and maintaining equipment. I enjoyed it very much and liked the people I worked with, but it slowly started to go downhill. Once I got in the field I worked with a racist crew and requested to be placed with another one but the manager refused me and said "You go where I say you go" and "I do not believe they are racist since I am friends with them". This is when I realized the company had severe favoritism and I decided to quit. If you enjoy hard work qnd don't care about the management then this is the perfect company for you. (I had hours of discussions with the trainers about the management system and they said it was like this for the past couple of years, so my desicion to quiy was not based off 1 event)
Pros
Some decent people to work with and decent pay
Cons
Screwed up management that has bad favoritism.
Was your home away from home
CUSTOMER SERVICE/INSIDE SALES (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 May 2013
Loved working there. Was my second family. My days were very busy with transfers . My supervisor was awesome and I was able to go to her with any concerns.
Not a bad complany to work for but its a big one
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 February 2015
My typical work day consisted of starting at 730 in the morning holding daily safety meetings with staff discussing daily work activities and up coming jobs,

I did learn a lot with Weatherford, they are a very safety orientated company to work for lots of training is provided and the courses that provide are very useful no matter where or what you plan on doing in the future

Upper management do provide lots of mentorship witch is very helpful but being a big company you are just another body, job security is a problem as it seemed they do go through office personal very often rather it be they don't fit in with all the company's politics or they get let go due to changing in company directions,

My co workers were great people everyone always got along and shared stories

The hardest part of the job was seeing personal getting terminated over financial reasons, it was a family felt company

The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of helping someone out and completing tasks that at first felt unreachable
Pros
family felt atmosphere
Cons
Big company and at the end you are just a number
Poor organization t
Wireline engineer (Former Employee) –  Alberta10 March 2013
This organization lack good management. They don't care about the developing of employee in terms of growing in the career.
Pros
sound training
Cons
poor management
Good place to wrok
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nisku, Alberta30 April 2013
Cheerful environment and good offices. Team spirit. Good senior management.
Pros
Good compensation and inviting environment
Cons
Difficult to get permanent, full-time job
International Growth and Innovation
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Innisfail, AB24 June 2013
Opportunity for advancement. Able to gain experience in many areas of Oil and Gas from Drilling,Completions and Production.
great company and work culture
Global Service Line Technical Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 June 2012
great company to work for, a bit laid back, great work culture
Pros
great working environment
Cons
a bit disorganized sometimes
some pros and cons
JourneymanMillwright (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 February 2014
not the best but but i did learn new skils, you have a job today but you might lose it by thr end of today zero job security
Pros
very little
Cons
lots
Weatherford as Company
Lead Off-Shore Operator (Former Employee) –  Paradise, NL6 June 2013
Weatherford is good company to work for , its 4th largest service providing company in oil and gas sector & its world wide.
Excellent training and safety programs.
Sr. Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rural Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan20 February 2013
A typical day started between at 5 am with a pre-trip vehical inspection. I would then register the trip with Journey Management and would include the rout,road conditions,numbers of passsengers, E.T.A. and contact information. Then I would make sure my log book was up to date and all other paperwork was in order to make the trip safely. I would then start the commute that ranged from 15 minutes to 1.5 hours to location usually deep in the back country.

6:30 am Safety meeting/crew change at what time I would review witht the Jr. Night Shift Supervisor the operations that went on overnight. Discuss any changes in operations or safety concerns that the crew may have. Checking all reporting for errors, ensuring the customers need were met and reports were sent in on time.

7:30 am Safety meeting with all other 3rd part crews on location. At this time we would discuss the daily activities to be performed. All safety issues are reviewed and documented.

8:00 am General operation proceed where I would lead/train my crew in all aspects of well control in order to complete the task at hand.

6:30 pm Safety meeting/crew change.
Really fun people to work with
Slimline Operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 July 2012
Lots of room for advancement and great people to work with. On hand training is there, co-workers there to help.
Great Company, Strong Value Driven
Canada Region Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2013
Weatherford will provide you with all the necessary tools to grow and advance your career.
Technician
Lab Technologist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2012
 Reservoir Engineering Department. Primary core analysis.
 Quality Control. Porosity and Permeability Determination (P&P).