Weatherford

Weatherford Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I work long hours and I'm away from home alot.
LWD Field Engineer III (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 13, 2014
Jobs start by rigging up and testing of all equipment. For the most part of the job we are gathering data for our logs and emailing data to client. We are also using our data to help Directional Drillers steer well per client request. The hardest part of the job is the long hours. The 12 hour shift is easy but when problems arise and you have to be – more... up 24-72 hours to fix issues than it becomes very difficult to think straight. The best part of the job is probably the pay and the benefits. – less
nice place to a BI Developer
OBIEE Sr Developer (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 11, 2014
This is a good place to implement Oracle BI Analytics as they have wide range of businesses accross the world which has the scope to report on any single metrics that they earn.
having a specified admin team who extends their support round the clock will be an added advantage to any OBIEE developer.
It was hard to get a clarity on what actually business – more... needed because they are isolated from their own technical teams. – less
professional company
Magrheb equipment coordinator (Former Employee), TunisiaMay 10, 2014
Pros: good job
Cons: bad managment
servicing and repairs of equipment
working alone is not good
not seen very often
had none
locating of spares
The help I received from other departments
Recently laid off.
Senior Procurement Specialist - IT (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 5, 2014
Started with Weatherford in the late 90's through 2014. Recently laid off.
Very Productive place national
Warehouse Attendant II (Former Employee), Pearland, TXApril 30, 2014
learned a lot about oil field relations, driving a lot and well as shipping and receiving experience
N/A
Fabricator/ Robotic Welding Programmer (Current Employee), Katy, TXApril 29, 2014
A great place to work.
Great Management.
Opportunity for growth.
good people
Pumping Unit Technician (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 25, 2014
Pros: money
Good company to work for, just wanted to explore other opportunities
Great comapany that takes care of business
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Williston, NDApril 25, 2014
I love the company just looking to expand and learn more in the oil and gas industry
Productive workplace with occasional BBQ's.
Import Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 24, 2014
Placing orders for materials. Manufacturing finished products for job sites. Learned how a company works from placing material orders, logistics of receiving/sending materials/products, manufacturing of items, payroll of employees, and how to make a process more efficient. Co-workers are fun and upbeat and always willing to help. Hardest part of the – more... job must of been the overtime hours which required labor to finish a project. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my hands and interacting with all sorts of people. – less
Boring Work place
Heat Treater (Former Employee), Greenville, TXApril 24, 2014
Pros: 3 on 4 off.
Cons: boring work
Stood in one spot for 12 hours. and did not get to move.
Everyone their hated their job so made their attitudes towrads everyone not apealing to be around.
CATALOG COORDINATOR I
Catalog coordinator I (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 21, 2014
Perform activities that will enable Part creation into Wind-chill/JDE/SAP for Non-Engineering (Buy-Out) Parts and raw material. Responsibilities include working with Part Mapping in support of Data Conversions from incorporated legacy systems. Coordinates inventory of stock and insures product adjustments are properly applied.

Administer policies/procedures – more... to maintain optimal catalog operations with regulatory compliance, excel customer service to optimize working capital and on time deliveries. – less
GEOLOGIST (Current Employee), TexasApril 19, 2014
Pros: most co-workers are team players
Cons: some co-workers are only interested in making themselves look good.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to learn new software often.

The hardest part of the job is playing the "politics".
New manager cleaned house
General Ledger Accountant (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 14, 2014
Weatherford is a huge company which offers great pay and benefits and the opportunity to move up the corporate ladder or just change positions is vast. The management in my department lied to replace us with her friends.
Professional and fun
Instructional Designer (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 14, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Weatherford. My superiors were laid back and respectful. My work/life balance was respected, they allowed me to go in early to leave earlier to avoid heavy traffic. They always cared about by wellbeing and were friendly.
Productive and energized environment.
Warehouse Lead Supervisor (Current Employee), Williston, NDApril 12, 2014
Supervising my crew was a great way how we came together as a team, worked together and even with bad weather conditions we always delivered within our deadline and then some.
Weatherford is a great company and a great place to work.
Senior Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 8, 2014
The people that I worked with were the best.
The creative team were very easy to work with.

Duties were:
Production and design of brochures, newsletters, posters, web banners, evites, and signage for print and digital publication.

Created tradeshow booth graphics and overall booth design for many global tradeshows.

Powerpoint presentations with special – more... effects were a weekly assignment.

We had the option to take classes in Word, Excel and Powerpoint which has helped me to be more efficient in my everyday projects. – less
Challenging but result oriented.
WELL TESTING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), GabonApril 3, 2014
Good team spirit amongst my wft crew.
They believe in family first.
I enjoyed my job. The people, the best i have worked with.
Field Technician (Former Employee), Woodward, OKMarch 30, 2014
Pros: had a company truck, card for fuel and expenses
Cons: worked all most all weakends
A fast paste job must be a people person, hardest part of my job was when I ran out of parts.
No work life balance and unsteady managment.
Accounting Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 30, 2014
Pros: 6% 401k match
Cons: verly long hours, weekends, long close, micro manage, time tracking
Ok benefits and occasional pleasant outings. Hard working co workers and employees that are willing to go above and beyond. Overall, No work /life balance extremely long hours, overlapping of management, 4 managers for a staff of 7. High turnover for management and employees. Strong Micro management, management needs management training. Very... very – more... political environment and very stressful ,tense environment and employees. Unfair reviews. Two week month end close. Over assigning of duties and strong... micro management , you get burned out quickly. You will be judged for the burn out . Time tracking. Constant lay offs each year. very little comp time if any. There were only a few pleasant managers but for the most part, very high micromanagement .

With proper mgmt., and shorter month end closes, the department would be otherwise very pleasant. – less
It was a good experience.
Mechanic II (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 28, 2014
As a veteran just leaving the service this job taught me a lot about how to deal with civilians in a professional environment. The pay and benefits were outstanding and the people were very ready to work. The only downfall was the management which often did not feel it necessary to communicate and misappropriated both time and money. These are the things – more... that led to the eventual closure of the coiled tubing division. – less

About Weatherford

Weatherford International can weather the natural and economic storms that affect the oil and gas market. The company, which is – Read more