Weatherford Employee Reviews

good place to work
senior operator (Former Employee) –  based out of reddeer ab19 June 2014
the oil and gas industry was a great place to work I was a testing supervisor and was able to teach new people how to preform their jobs
Pros
lots of traveling great pay
Cons
late fall and winter work never home
A company that encourage career advancement and opportunities
QHSSE Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 June 2014
I have been with Weatherford for over 11 years. The company has helped me to grow my career and taught me how to be a leader in my role and in my career. I enjoy Weatherford and the people there and if it werent for family in Kelowna I would probably stay.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Must be a slave to work here
Stage Tool Operator/ General Labour (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 May 2014
Not impressed at all. They let me go because I was a girl but they cannot legally say that because they know they will be sued. They rave about safety 24/7 but as soon as you tell them your shoulder hurts they will let you go because you are then a liability and they don't want to lose money.

7000 employees got laid off this year. I would not recommend this unstable company to anyone.
Pros
Co-workers are nice
Cons
Everything, no stability, pay is low, no benefits, treat you bad unless you are a permanent employee
Great People and Organization
Consulting Geologist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 April 2014
Excellent management and the opportunity for growth is always available. Great support from all departments.
Pros
Consistent work, busy setting
Cons
Contractual term
Technical Service Coordinator
Technical Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 April 2014
This was my first job in the Drilling Industry. I really enjoyed the exposure to new technology and challenges to maintain good client relations. I learned a lot about mechanical, hydraulic and motion control systems. The work environment was great. While there were challenges between different departments everyone worked together to solve the challenges of the company. The hardest part of the job was troubleshooting equipment failures (this was also one of the most enjoyable parts of the job). Extremely long hours in remote locations with not overtime compensation. With Electrical, Mechanical, Control System, Hydraulic, Programming and Telecommunication all wrapped up into on piece of equipment. The experience I gained from the troubleshooting was impeccable.
Pros
Troubleshooting
Cons
long hours and no overtime compensation
some pros and cons
JourneymanMillwright (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 February 2014
not the best but but i did learn new skils, you have a job today but you might lose it by thr end of today zero job security
Pros
very little
Cons
lots
Awesome team
Wellhead Service Tech II (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BC7 February 2014
Great job oppurtinity to grow, management was awesome team worked well together
Awsome Place to work,Not very good pay
Wireline Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB4 February 2014
On shop days went to shop for 8:30,worked till 12 doing odd jobs around the shop such as servicing tools between coffee breaks, came back around 1 worked till 2:30 doing the same sort of things than went home

On Job days went in for the time we were told to be there, drove to site, worked till job was done, drove back to shop, serviced tools and cleaned truck than went home
Pros
Hotels when away from home
Cons
long hours little pay
good workplace
Payroll Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Downtown, Calgary19 January 2014
handle insquiries from many employees, fast-pace and pressure
working in shop and in yard
shop tech, dispatcher then manager (Former Employee) –  fort st. john23 October 2013
most work done in shop some long hours on call nights and weekends run front end loader loading and unloading of trucks, plow yard in winter. i clean and wash tools,inspect,paint and put back into service,pressure test valves,answer phone and supply customers with tools,make delivery tickets on computer for tools going out and returns.supply oil rigs and service rigs with the appropriate tools to get the job done
Pros
great benifits
Cons
not enough employees
Great Company, Strong Value Driven
Canada Region Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2013
Weatherford will provide you with all the necessary tools to grow and advance your career.
...
Swamper (Former Employee) –  Macklin, SK19 August 2013
the guidelines weren't clear on what they wanted. they needed to know to much about my home life.
International Growth and Innovation
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Innisfail, AB24 June 2013
Opportunity for advancement. Able to gain experience in many areas of Oil and Gas from Drilling,Completions and Production.
Executive Management
Canada Operations (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 June 2013
Executive leadership is taking steps to re-structure the most senior members of management which achieved unprecedented growth over the last 5-10 years.

Qualified, senior and capable managers have been replaced or have left the organization. These key positions are being back-filled with lower cost people with no track record of success, real life experience and/or education.

The culture, morale and loyalty has been severely damaged.
A very professional,accomadating company with a safety conscious friendly atmosphere.
Corod Rig Assistant Trainee (Current Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB13 June 2013
Weatherford is a very professional company with the patience required to learn new skills also offering advancement within the company.
A typical day begins at 5:30 AM and consists of Rigging in and out of Well sites to remove or re-run Corod as the customer requires. I have learned basic things about the Oil Industry that were previously foreign to me and the workings and function of a Corod Rig.
Everyone is always very helpful and patient from my co workers right up to Management.
Pros
Always new information and skills to learn and I get to work outside everyday.
Cons
Rotation is less than idea, l with only 3 days off to return to NB to visit my family. They are unable to relocate at this time.
Weatherford as Company
Lead Off-Shore Operator (Former Employee) –  Paradise, NL6 June 2013
Weatherford is good company to work for , its 4th largest service providing company in oil and gas sector & its world wide.
Was your home away from home
CUSTOMER SERVICE/INSIDE SALES (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 May 2013
Loved working there. Was my second family. My days were very busy with transfers . My supervisor was awesome and I was able to go to her with any concerns.
productive, fun enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  edmonton, AB17 May 2013
hard working individual with geat and positive attitude. found it to be a wonderful experince and it gave me a positive outlook on what i want to do in the future.
Pros
always on time
Cons
cannot do overtime, have a child.
good company to work for
Senior Field operator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster Alberta.12 May 2013
i start each day supervising 2 to 3 people to work on a wireline truck to get it ready for a field job, i learn patience and time management, i have good workers for the most part and few misfits but ok to work with. the hard part of my job is screw ups that are generated by new co-workers and the best part of my job is when all the hard work result in perfect job completetion.
Pros
free pizza launces
Cons
long hours as we get paid by the job regardless of hours spent
Very poor management
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Nisku Alberta9 May 2013
Very poor management, low shop morale, lies and deception. Not a good company at all.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.