Weatherford Employee Reviews

Great company to work for.
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB11 March 2015
I was very happy working for Weatherford, I learned a lot. Had a wonderful group of guys to work along side. I really hoped I could have prolonged my employment but unfortunately with the economy as it is right now they had to down size and restructure.
ITS A NICE PLACE TO WORK AND GET PAID.
Process Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 March 2015
The environment is nice and the management its ok.but sometimes employees get frustrated about the way things are handled there.its doesn't matter what you know but who you know,which is not really good for a Company like that.i can say that its good as long as your getting paid.no room for advancement.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
overtime sometimes
Hard work but with a great crew
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Nisku8 March 2015
At Weatherford Ampscot we assembled pump jacks. My position was to put the crank arms on the gear box and load them onto trucks for shipping. Equipment was heavy but manageable with plenty of cranes and hoists to assist. The job itself was rather boring but the coworkers were great.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Boring job
Not bad, but could have been better
Stinger Well Head Protection (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB7 March 2015
I loved the Weatherford the company, some of the management was a little iffy. I wish i would have stayed actually, but i feel like i had money, time and my health stolen from me.
Good compnay
Principal Geoscientist (Global Products Manager) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2015
• Provided expertise for Geoscience, research and development team in term of Imaging and Geological applications.
• Built advanced answer products and introduce it to internal sales and external clients.
• Develop brochure and identify sales strategy for advanced integrated solutions.
• Built and presented geology business strategy and answer products for internal stake holders.
• Interact with different team members when required as well as with experts in operations and R&D for wireline, LWD, SLS and Labs.
• Work closely with the petrophysical software team to define the requirements for new software platform. Provide guidance on design specifications, workflow and functionalities.
• Identify and take action on hardware and software issues, new technologies and techniques, future areas of interest for development.
• Play an active leading role in Automated & Value Added Image Analysis and the feasibility studies.
• Initiate the development of quantitative analysis of boundaries, fractures, and textures analysis
• Provide technical expertise to WFT petroleum consulting teams in all regions.
• Identify techniques to integrate various logging and lab measurements to generate comprehensive answer products.
• Document the processes, workflow and results and communicate them internally and externally as required through training seminars and courses.
• Participate in internal and external forums and publicize new techniques and technology.
• Provide software training for geological applications for Petroleum consulting analysts.
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary
  more... team to maximize the benefits to the company customers
• Coaching a new hired geologists and building their professional development career
Pros
No stress
Cons
Communication
not honest with employees
Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton18 February 2015
Don't waste your future here there is no loyalty at Weatherford.

good safety culture

nice co workers

good equipment

I wouldn't go back
Pros
good people
Cons
no loyalty
Inspection, Standards, Quality , Manufacturing, Engineering.
QC Inspector III (Former Employee) –  Nisku AB16 February 2015
Quality work
ISO 9001-2008
Quality Control
Safe work
Coordinate with co workers
Excellent work area
Enjoyed with work
Worked with internal and external customers.
Pros
Good work ethic
Cons
N/A
Decent place to work with advancement opportunities, but has a disfunctional management system.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 February 2015
During my time at Weatherford I had some good times and bad. The first few weeks were full of training and safety orientation and quite boring, but the start of most jobs are. After that I spent a couple of weeks in the shop with the other new guys learning and maintaining equipment. I enjoyed it very much and liked the people I worked with, but it slowly started to go downhill. Once I got in the field I worked with a racist crew and requested to be placed with another one but the manager refused me and said "You go where I say you go" and "I do not believe they are racist since I am friends with them". This is when I realized the company had severe favoritism and I decided to quit. If you enjoy hard work qnd don't care about the management then this is the perfect company for you. (I had hours of discussions with the trainers about the management system and they said it was like this for the past couple of years, so my desicion to quiy was not based off 1 event)
Pros
Some decent people to work with and decent pay
Cons
Screwed up management that has bad favoritism.
Not a bad complany to work for but its a big one
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 February 2015
My typical work day consisted of starting at 730 in the morning holding daily safety meetings with staff discussing daily work activities and up coming jobs,

I did learn a lot with Weatherford, they are a very safety orientated company to work for lots of training is provided and the courses that provide are very useful no matter where or what you plan on doing in the future

Upper management do provide lots of mentorship witch is very helpful but being a big company you are just another body, job security is a problem as it seemed they do go through office personal very often rather it be they don't fit in with all the company's politics or they get let go due to changing in company directions,

My co workers were great people everyone always got along and shared stories

The hardest part of the job was seeing personal getting terminated over financial reasons, it was a family felt company

The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of helping someone out and completing tasks that at first felt unreachable
Pros
family felt atmosphere
Cons
Big company and at the end you are just a number
A fairly good place to work
Quality Assurance Inspector II & NCR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 January 2015
A typical day at work would be routine.
Learned much about PDM pipes.
Management was not what I expected.
Co-workers very diversified.
Lots to learn in a short period of time - challenging.
Believed in safety, very reassuring and educational.
Cons
Lots of learning and fun place
Senior Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 January 2015
This was my first job in Canada. Really enjoyed the experience and had awesome team to work with. Would have continued my service happily, if it was not for the school.
Pros
Safety Concious, Encourage Team work
Cons
sometimes only a few hours notice was given before the job.
Loved my job
Administrative Assistant/ Office Management (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 October 2014
I was part of an amazing team of scientist and salesmen. Given support in all my tasks, when creating new processes and workflows.

Safety was a great concern as we worked in a laboratory, I was the safety coordinator and enjoyed the task!

Management supports me to this day as I was part of a mass lay off, missed by all. New business unit manager was not aware of my daily contribution to the facility when I was dismissed.
Great People
Receptionist/Admin (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2014
Answer the phone and greet clients and above all a great way to interact all levels of personnel.

I have learnt a fair amount about myself and what my capabilities are and ultimately how eager I am to develop new skill sets as well as to build one my current ones.

Co-workers are fantastic.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Too much food
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 August 2014
Great place to work. Great people to work with. \
Pay is not great though.
good place to work
senior operator (Former Employee) –  based out of reddeer ab19 June 2014
the oil and gas industry was a great place to work I was a testing supervisor and was able to teach new people how to preform their jobs
Pros
lots of traveling great pay
Cons
late fall and winter work never home
A company that encourage career advancement and opportunities
QHSSE Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 June 2014
I have been with Weatherford for over 11 years. The company has helped me to grow my career and taught me how to be a leader in my role and in my career. I enjoy Weatherford and the people there and if it werent for family in Kelowna I would probably stay.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Must be a slave to work here
Stage Tool Operator/ General Labour (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 May 2014
Not impressed at all. They let me go because I was a girl but they cannot legally say that because they know they will be sued. They rave about safety 24/7 but as soon as you tell them your shoulder hurts they will let you go because you are then a liability and they don't want to lose money.

7000 employees got laid off this year. I would not recommend this unstable company to anyone.
Pros
Co-workers are nice
Cons
Everything, no stability, pay is low, no benefits, treat you bad unless you are a permanent employee
Great People and Organization
Consulting Geologist (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 April 2014
Excellent management and the opportunity for growth is always available. Great support from all departments.
Pros
Consistent work, busy setting
Cons
Contractual term
Technical Service Coordinator
Technical Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 April 2014
This was my first job in the Drilling Industry. I really enjoyed the exposure to new technology and challenges to maintain good client relations. I learned a lot about mechanical, hydraulic and motion control systems. The work environment was great. While there were challenges between different departments everyone worked together to solve the challenges of the company. The hardest part of the job was troubleshooting equipment failures (this was also one of the most enjoyable parts of the job). Extremely long hours in remote locations with not overtime compensation. With Electrical, Mechanical, Control System, Hydraulic, Programming and Telecommunication all wrapped up into on piece of equipment. The experience I gained from the troubleshooting was impeccable.
Pros
Troubleshooting
Cons
long hours and no overtime compensation
some pros and cons
JourneymanMillwright (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 February 2014
not the best but but i did learn new skils, you have a job today but you might lose it by thr end of today zero job security
Pros
very little
Cons
lots