Weatherford Employee Reviews

Good people to work with
Senior Directional Supervisor/RSS Certified (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB11 May 2016
Shift work nights and days, would short change to switch shifts when on rotation. I acquired a great deal of downhole knowledge, math skills and calculations for directional drilling.
Pros
All protective equipment provided
Cons
Positive work environment, great managment
Supply Chain Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2016
Safety meeting every morning, contact field stores to verify inventory, place work orders for warehouse and production to complete. coordinate logistics for outgoing orders. occasionally correct errors on outgoing orders. good positive environment with a great staff.
Productive and fun loving team
Software Tester/Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2016
Challenging work along with fun. The team was so helpful. Learned better way of doing things. Company was awesome. Good salary and benefits. The management understood their employees values and problems.
Great work environment
Middle East & North Africa - Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Yemen, Africa, PNG, Turkey, Mauratania, Houston5 May 2016
I learned many skillsets through the 11 years at weatherford Air drilling UBD operations MPD operations. Management and HR were always very helpful with all aspects.
Enjoyed working there
Admin Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB5 May 2016
fast pace oil and gad industry. But because of the industry our branch closed down. The company for the most part took care of their employees
Pros
learning something new everyday
Great place to work, awesome coworkers
MWD Field Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Various20 April 2016
A typical day of work includes preparing reports and data for clients.
I learned to troubleshoot tool failures and equipment issues.
Working with rig crew as trouble free and transparent as possible.
Management worked well with employees, listening to concerns and fixing them.
Co-workers were always great. The ones that had issues got weeded out and moved on to other employment.
The hardest part of the job is an unexpected tool failure.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting paid for the enjoyable time of work.
Pros
Base Salary every month for being on call at any time.
Cons
Being away from home for up to 3 month stretches.
Fun and new
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB7 April 2016
Good company to work for. very freindly good benefits. not one complaint about weatherford at all. when the oil was doing good all the hours you could ask for. i learned a lot of new things that i never thought i would learn in my life.
Pros
free lunches and benifits
Cons
when oil was good super long hours
Weatherford
machine operator/forklift (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB6 April 2016
Working with Weatherford was a privilege, I've learned a lot working with Weatherford, taught me how work in Oil Industry, gave me courage to face other Oil Industry and gave me knowledge working on CNC Machines, operate overhead cranes, forklifts. Working with Co-workers in Weatherford was a little bit hard because of others cultures but for a awhile, made friends and made my work a lot easier because of their kind to help others with work problems. the most enjoyable part of my job is that i got to learn new things with cross-training on different tasks.
Great people
Distribution/Asst. facilities coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2016
People within this company were very inviting and helpful. I could have advanced further within the company if I would have stayed.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Work collegue
fun work place
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 March 2016
Its a very small division of Weatherford. Everybody knows everybody. Every one is easy to talk to. Even you have your own crew due to shifting, every one is friendly.

Want to know more about Weatherford?

Ask a question
Awesome company to work for
FACILITIES & MAINTENANCE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 March 2016
Safe employer
Oil field pump jacks
CNC machining
Fabrication shop
Assembly and paint of components
weatherford employs world wide
good company to work for
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Virginia13 March 2016
Really good company to work for. Looks after there worker and makes sure there worker are well trained and informed about work related information.
Pros
excellent equipment
Cons
lack of management
A typical day at work
Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 March 2016
The day usually starts off with a meeting reviewing the details of the previous shift after which a walk round is done to make sure all equipment's are in good working order. During the day, maintenance on equipment's are done as necessary.

During the job, i learn to be time conscious and also pay attention to details. the co-workers are very helpful and they do not hesitate to answer or ask questions if need be.
Rod Pump Technician (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK8 March 2016
Weatherford was probably one of the best jobs I had,
Unfortunately due to unforeseeable circumstances I had to cancel employment with the company as there was no positions available where I had to relocate.
Pros
free lunches, excellent pay, great co workers and management, Great benefits
Cons
Long hours, Had to work weekends
Had to make new wiring diagrams for each customer we had and then teach other employees
Engine Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB8 March 2016
We were a new design setup, each customer had there on setup for what they wanted on there engines and what they wanted for the field.
Pros
Easy to deal with magangement
Cons
Not much room for advancement, was older than the management
Good people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 February 2016
Very busy work place, competent co-workers, friendly staff. Revenue driven by shareholders but very little appreciation shown toward hard working people.
Pros
Company bonding
Cons
Old building
Competetive salary, great benefits, little appreciation
Management support is lacking in some areas, co-workers were good for the most part but too much belittling happens behind the scenes making working together impossible.
Overall a good company if you enjoy working for a larger corporation which is global.
Pros
Excellent working hours
Cons
No appreciation
Great salaries, safety orientated and a good place to work
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2016
In general a good place to work. as a Millwright a typical day I will check that everything is working properly, check for work orders and apply maintenance and repairs to what is needed, good people as co-workers and management.
Pros
Great salaries, safety orientated and a good place to work
Cons
dealing whit the up's and down's of the oil prices affecting job security
Great group
Drilling Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 January 2016
This was a fun company to work for, with a great team.
I learned how to design well plans for many different well types.
It was a great learning experience.
horrible
operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer County, AB16 January 2016
worked there for 5 years got passed up for a promotion 4 of those five years to people who were hired long after i had worked there, only reason was my manager said i was to young for the position. Even though eveyone else in the shop vouched for me saying i was better at the job than anyone else. lowest paying wireline company compared to any other employees from other companies i talked to. no loyalty all you are is just a number to them. no issues laying off people the first sign of work slowing down.
Pros
one time they gave us a safeway gift card for christmas.
Cons
horrible managers, worn down equipment, talk a big safety game but as soon as its expensive or inconvienent safety goes away really fast.