Weatherford Employee Reviews

Great opportunity for someone who is wanting to grow with the company.
Regional QHSSE Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Canada3 December 2016
Overall Weatherford is a great place to work, they provide their employees much opportunity to grow and advance with the company. The sky is the limit if you have the drive and commitment the company will definitely take you where you want to be.
Pros
flexible schedule
was a nice clean place to work
cnc operaror (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2016
wok days were good learned many different jobs and processes over the 16 years management changed to often the hardest part off the job was nowing what the new management wanted
Pros
good benenfits
Cons
management changes
Fun place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 November 2016
Can be a great place to work, plenty of options to learn more experience. There are alot of other departments that need assistance and they are more than willing to learn and help out
Pros
options to advance
Cons
not alot of team building
Not a good place to hang your hat.
Plant Manufacturing Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2016
This oil company is not stable at this time. Management is fickle and can not be counted on during tough economic conditions. Stay away from this company.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Unreliable
Production and Machine Operator
Production Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 October 2016
Continuously Learning
Right on Time
Present of mind before hand
Safety (JHA,L.O.T.O, WHMIS,Toolbox meeting)
Co-workers are nice and friendly
The most enjoyable part of my job is, I perfectly made my production in good quality as our customer wanted for the products.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Full-time
Counter Productive at times
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB9 October 2016
-Not as organized as it should be
- i learned alot in my first six months, would like to continue to develop my skills and education
-hardest part of the job is poor planning and very last minute.
- my crew is the best part about the job, very fun , and at times work doesn't feel like work.
Pros
guarantee hours
Cons
poor leadership
Safe and good place to work.
Journeyman Machinist (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB6 October 2016
Worked for Weatherford for 14 years. Changed so many locations to work with in Weatherford in 14 years. Learnt so much and got a really good experience being a lead hand and supervisor. Management in the end of my period was not good. I enjoyed working here a lot when I had good and friendly management and bosses.
Pros
Free lunches. Safety rewards
Cons
Poor management in year 2013-2014
A fun place to be and to work for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2016
In my previous company called weatheford i worked as a machinist, i learned a lot of different things in machining area as well as fabrication. The management was awesome a great way managing stuff , the co-workers were more friendly like a family and it was an honour to work for weatherford canada.
Rig asstante (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB20 August 2016
Worked there for 12 years excletent place too wor great safety culture.fast past willing to learn and corporate with others.willing to work in remote areas with out supervision
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Slow on work
a great place to work.
gear cutter (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB25 July 2016
everyone was very helpful. co workers came and helped out when you were stuck on a gear. the days were long but all the breaks are paid for. and when you start to learn and get a hang of the job. the job becomes fun and easy.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
commute to work. depending on where you live
Challangling work enviroment
Project Engineer / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK24 June 2016
Descripting my Career with my ex-firm was full of challenges. This Company took my hand once I joined them as entry positions, enhanced my career with the technical knowledge, I had a wonderful and excited co-worked all full with passion.

The Hardest part of the job is the amount of the pressure we were facing back in the rig site, a very long extensive working hours reached in sometime to more than two days a wake without a single sleep, excessive working schedule of being out of home for more than 2-3 months. but at the end " you get what paid for"
Pros
Excellent Income, Proressive training
Cons
Long Working days
Productive and learned lots
Admin Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB22 June 2016
I learned a lot in this company, there was always some course you could do to learn more about the company and its processes. A typical day was full of laughter and productivity. Always something to do. Great people to work with and for
Pros
great company
Cons
downsizing because of economy
Poor business culture.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada, Alberta16 June 2016
The environment is very disorganized and quite mismanaged. The majority of management lacks basic understanding of values of business processes. Politically challenged environment. Poor business culture. All major decisions are driven by politics and careers. "The ladder is very crowded" at the top. Teams at the bottom of the "food chain" are pleasure to work with. A lot of talented people.
Pros
Good Benefits. There are many tallented people
Cons
Politcally challenged and is not looking forward environment. Mismanaged.
Excellent management team!
Field Sales and Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 June 2016
Some short days, and some really long days. You could go out in the morning, release a packer, and be home by noon. Other days you go out on a Monday and return on a Wednesday with no sleep. Hardest part of the job would be long strenuous hours, however on the flip side you could be out on location for a day before you were even needed. Great group of people in both the field and the office.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long hours, and stressful work at times
friendly co workers
Cnc machining (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 June 2016
it was good working environmental i learned a lot about cnc machining management was ok only problem was for layed off because of oil prices gone down thats the ply part i don't like
Good Challenge
SWT Field Supervisor- (Current Employee) –  QA14 May 2016
I start 5:30 am prepare my self
go to open work permit
prepare location for work
i have aparofessional team
and start Rig Up the equipment this is the hard part
and the most enjoyable time is at operation time when we start the well for testing
Pros
Meal Allowence
Cons
some times long hours
Good people to work with
Senior Directional Supervisor/RSS Certified (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB11 May 2016
Shift work nights and days, would short change to switch shifts when on rotation. I acquired a great deal of downhole knowledge, math skills and calculations for directional drilling.
Pros
All protective equipment provided
Cons
Positive work environment, great managment
Supply Chain Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2016
Safety meeting every morning, contact field stores to verify inventory, place work orders for warehouse and production to complete. coordinate logistics for outgoing orders. occasionally correct errors on outgoing orders. good positive environment with a great staff.
Productive and fun loving team
Software Tester/Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2016
Challenging work along with fun. The team was so helpful. Learned better way of doing things. Company was awesome. Good salary and benefits. The management understood their employees values and problems.
Great work environment
Middle East & North Africa - Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Yemen, Africa, PNG, Turkey, Mauratania, Houston5 May 2016
I learned many skillsets through the 11 years at weatherford Air drilling UBD operations MPD operations. Management and HR were always very helpful with all aspects.