Weatherford Employee Reviews

Productive and learned lots
Admin Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB22 June 2016
I learned a lot in this company, there was always some course you could do to learn more about the company and its processes. A typical day was full of laughter and productivity. Always something to do. Great people to work with and for
Pros
great company
Cons
downsizing because of economy
Poor business culture.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada, Alberta16 June 2016
The environment is very disorganized and quite mismanaged. The majority of management lacks basic understanding of values of business processes. Politically challenged environment. Poor business culture. All major decisions are driven by politics and careers. "The ladder is very crowded" at the top. Teams at the bottom of the "food chain" are pleasure to work with. A lot of talented people.
Pros
Good Benefits. There are many tallented people
Cons
Politcally challenged and is not looking forward environment. Mismanaged.
Excellent management team!
Field Sales and Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 June 2016
Some short days, and some really long days. You could go out in the morning, release a packer, and be home by noon. Other days you go out on a Monday and return on a Wednesday with no sleep. Hardest part of the job would be long strenuous hours, however on the flip side you could be out on location for a day before you were even needed. Great group of people in both the field and the office.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long hours, and stressful work at times
friendly co workers
Cnc machining (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 June 2016
it was good working environmental i learned a lot about cnc machining management was ok only problem was for layed off because of oil prices gone down thats the ply part i don't like
Good Challenge
SWT Field Supervisor- (Current Employee) –  QA14 May 2016
I start 5:30 am prepare my self
go to open work permit
prepare location for work
i have aparofessional team
and start Rig Up the equipment this is the hard part
and the most enjoyable time is at operation time when we start the well for testing
Pros
Meal Allowence
Cons
some times long hours
Good people to work with
Senior Directional Supervisor/RSS Certified (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB11 May 2016
Shift work nights and days, would short change to switch shifts when on rotation. I acquired a great deal of downhole knowledge, math skills and calculations for directional drilling.
Pros
All protective equipment provided
Cons
Positive work environment, great managment
Supply Chain Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2016
Safety meeting every morning, contact field stores to verify inventory, place work orders for warehouse and production to complete. coordinate logistics for outgoing orders. occasionally correct errors on outgoing orders. good positive environment with a great staff.
Productive and fun loving team
Software Tester/Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 May 2016
Challenging work along with fun. The team was so helpful. Learned better way of doing things. Company was awesome. Good salary and benefits. The management understood their employees values and problems.
Great work environment
Middle East & North Africa - Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Yemen, Africa, PNG, Turkey, Mauratania, Houston5 May 2016
I learned many skillsets through the 11 years at weatherford Air drilling UBD operations MPD operations. Management and HR were always very helpful with all aspects.
Enjoyed working there
Admin Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB5 May 2016
fast pace oil and gad industry. But because of the industry our branch closed down. The company for the most part took care of their employees
Pros
learning something new everyday
Great place to work, awesome coworkers
MWD Field Specialist IV (Former Employee) –  Various20 April 2016
A typical day of work includes preparing reports and data for clients.
I learned to troubleshoot tool failures and equipment issues.
Working with rig crew as trouble free and transparent as possible.
Management worked well with employees, listening to concerns and fixing them.
Co-workers were always great. The ones that had issues got weeded out and moved on to other employment.
The hardest part of the job is an unexpected tool failure.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting paid for the enjoyable time of work.
Pros
Base Salary every month for being on call at any time.
Cons
Being away from home for up to 3 month stretches.
Fun and new
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB7 April 2016
Good company to work for. very freindly good benefits. not one complaint about weatherford at all. when the oil was doing good all the hours you could ask for. i learned a lot of new things that i never thought i would learn in my life.
Pros
free lunches and benifits
Cons
when oil was good super long hours
Weatherford
machine operator/forklift (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB6 April 2016
Working with Weatherford was a privilege, I've learned a lot working with Weatherford, taught me how work in Oil Industry, gave me courage to face other Oil Industry and gave me knowledge working on CNC Machines, operate overhead cranes, forklifts. Working with Co-workers in Weatherford was a little bit hard because of others cultures but for a awhile, made friends and made my work a lot easier because of their kind to help others with work problems. the most enjoyable part of my job is that i got to learn new things with cross-training on different tasks.
Great people
Distribution/Asst. facilities coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 March 2016
People within this company were very inviting and helpful. I could have advanced further within the company if I would have stayed.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Work collegue
fun work place
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 March 2016
Its a very small division of Weatherford. Everybody knows everybody. Every one is easy to talk to. Even you have your own crew due to shifting, every one is friendly.
Awesome company to work for
FACILITIES & MAINTENANCE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 March 2016
Safe employer
Oil field pump jacks
CNC machining
Fabrication shop
Assembly and paint of components
weatherford employs world wide
good company to work for
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Virginia13 March 2016
Really good company to work for. Looks after there worker and makes sure there worker are well trained and informed about work related information.
Pros
excellent equipment
Cons
lack of management
A typical day at work
Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 March 2016
The day usually starts off with a meeting reviewing the details of the previous shift after which a walk round is done to make sure all equipment's are in good working order. During the day, maintenance on equipment's are done as necessary.

During the job, i learn to be time conscious and also pay attention to details. the co-workers are very helpful and they do not hesitate to answer or ask questions if need be.
Rod Pump Technician (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK8 March 2016
Weatherford was probably one of the best jobs I had,
Unfortunately due to unforeseeable circumstances I had to cancel employment with the company as there was no positions available where I had to relocate.
Pros
free lunches, excellent pay, great co workers and management, Great benefits
Cons
Long hours, Had to work weekends
Had to make new wiring diagrams for each customer we had and then teach other employees
Engine Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB8 March 2016
We were a new design setup, each customer had there on setup for what they wanted on there engines and what they wanted for the field.
Pros
Easy to deal with magangement
Cons
Not much room for advancement, was older than the management