Weatherford

Weatherford Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Slow Year
Water Truck Driver (Former Employee), Odessa, TXJuly 23, 2014
Pros: good work schedule, great company
Cons: low pay and job security
The job was great and not too hard but the pay was not enough and job security was not too great but this was at the time of the slump in the oil field. Other than that Weather is a great company.
Its great experance to learn some new ppls on the feiled your expert.
GCT-Tracer analyst (Current Employee), Saudi arabiaJuly 19, 2014
it was really enjoyable job cos i start it as an experience man between young men start they life experience in oilfield so it was an teaching and do my job on the location
Great industry, travel too much.
Test Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 16, 2014
Pros: good insurance
Cons: to much traveling
-Clean and orginize shop, get parts and equipment ready for a job.
-Learned how to preform basic machanics, and hydrotest pipeline.
-Management is fare, some jobs are on a last minute notice.
-My co-workers are great people and I love being apart of there team.
-The hardest part of the job is that we travle too much and I would like to spend more time – more... with my family.
-The money and the different senories of travel is great. – less
Engineering company with too specific work.
CAD Engineer (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHJuly 4, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours and weekend holidays.
Cons: knowledge gain and advancement are limited.
You are master of one but very small field which may not be needed some where else.
Exciting environment
Project Manager/ Field Engineer (Former Employee), Australia, QueenslandJuly 2, 2014
Pros: pay and experience
Cons: long hours, always on call
Work for clients was down off-site in the Australian outback on gas rigs. Preparation work was done in a warehouse style business park whereby equipment would be set up and reports, based on offsite client work, were prepared.

I learned business to business relations, client liaising, report writing and about the Australian gas industry. I also got – more... insight into how multinational companies operate.

Management and co- workers were excellent and very experienced.

Hardest part was long hours offsite- could be upwards of 20 hours straight in the sun. Further to this, work was unpredictable so would always be on call.

New experiences, location and challenging tasks. – less
fast paced challenging environment
Customer Service Specialist/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Lindsey OkJune 29, 2014
Pros: atmosphere, challenge of job, multi-tasking
Cons: driving to work on 2 lane busy highway
Challenging,interesting, fast paced, tracking tool inventory,sending out crews, scheduling trucks to deliver and pick up tools from rig locations.
Most enjoyable is working with co-workers.
Hardest getting crews called to go out on jobs
Challenging and productive
MECHANICAL ASSEMBLER (Current Employee), Katy,TXJune 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great managment
Cons: short breaks
While employed at Weatherford, I've learned how to be a leader. My co-workers are great people and enjoy what they do. The hardest part of the job is not the actual assembly work but the working conditions.
Working as a satalight office in Pratt, Kansas
Stabber, floor hand (Former Employee), Pratt, KSJune 17, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: wasnt enough work for my bills
Working for weatherford speaks for itself. GREAT company GREAT care of their employees. However moving to the location was a bad choice. They would not allow shop hours for hands< and work was slow.
Good
Geosteering/Mud Logging Geologist (Current Employee), North DakotaJune 15, 2014
Pros: good
Cons: good
Awesome place to work.. Been enjoying working here...A good good company to jump start your career.
Good company to start in the oil field
Field Engineer II (Former Employee), Alice, TXJune 15, 2014
Pros: company truck and awesome benefits
Cons: no schedule, on call 24/7 365
It was a good company to start off with little field experience but once knowledge and experience were obtained further growth was stunted
Fun
Field Supervisor (Current Employee), Marshall texasJune 13, 2014
They were an okay company but needs a lot of managerial help in higher places.
working in the warehouse
warehouse (Current Employee), Longview,TexasJune 13, 2014
Pros: love my co-workers
Cons: management is poor and to much favoritism.
Love this place when I first started,but been with their warehouse almost 4 years and have come to realize no matter how hard you work it doesn't matter if you are a woman. You get over looked and have no chance to advance.
Good place to work with diffrent nationalities and culture
Rig Mechanic (Former Employee), Saudi Arabia, Kuwait,Iraq, KurdistenJune 5, 2014
Pros: food was good but some time we had to adjest with diffrent styel of cooking
Cons: when comited you need to submit one self as a teem memmber to help in need
WeatherFord gave me oppertunty to work in diffrent countries like Kuwait ,Iraq, kurdistan where i have learent to give and take the ideas the the art of working with harmoney with many diffrent people
provides good salaries
Training Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 2, 2014
Pros: free parking
Cons: distance
Because I enjoy challenges, this job was very challenging in learning their soft wares and their system are user friendly as well. I enjoyed working at Weatherford overall.
Good company to work for
Electronic Technician SR (Former Employee), Odessa, TXMay 31, 2014
Weatherford is an international oilfield services company that provides good medical and financial benefits.
Good Company
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Greenville, TXMay 30, 2014
Weatherford International is a good company. They care about the welfare of their employees. Great people to work with and for.
Positive and safe place to work
Warehouse Attendant III (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 28, 2014
Demanding yet rewarding environment. Fast paced but allows ample time to unwind.
team captaion of football team
office boy (Former Employee), Abu Dhabi,icad 2May 24, 2014
Pros: free breakfast lunch and dinner
Cons: full time 12 houre
team captain of football
+2 passed in management along computer science and I have a experience in hospitality field such as a team captain of hotel crew members and have a experience of waiter and I have 3years of experience in the field of office boy and I also have been worked in a different departmental store and ware houses too
BE AWARE !!!!!!!!!!
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Katy, TXMay 20, 2014
Pros: good employees
Cons: short breaks, pay sucks, uneducated and unprofessional
The company could be better than what it is. Management is on a buddy system. If you are one of their buddies or in their clique. You can advance your career. Management is Horribe from the General Manager to the Supervisors. A Lot of Uneducated People In Positions they should not be in.
I work long hours and I'm away from home alot.
LWD Field Engineer III (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 13, 2014
Jobs start by rigging up and testing of all equipment. For the most part of the job we are gathering data for our logs and emailing data to client. We are also using our data to help Directional Drillers steer well per client request. The hardest part of the job is the long hours. The 12 hour shift is easy but when problems arise and you have to be – more... up 24-72 hours to fix issues than it becomes very difficult to think straight. The best part of the job is probably the pay and the benefits. – less

About Weatherford

Weatherford International can weather the natural and economic storms that affect the oil and gas market. The company, which is – Read more