Weatherford Employee Reviews

Executive Management
Canada Operations (Former Employee) –  Alberta19 June 2013
Executive leadership is taking steps to re-structure the most senior members of management which achieved unprecedented growth over the last 5-10 years.

Qualified, senior and capable managers have been replaced or have left the organization. These key positions are being back-filled with lower cost people with no track record of success, real life experience and/or education.

The culture, morale and loyalty has been severely damaged.
Going downhill
HD Mechanic Apprentice 3rd year (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 August 2012
Company is very top heavy with approx. 1 manager/supervisor per worker, each with a different objective. This leads to to many crossed wires with all the blame resting soley on the workers.
Entire crew has quit on at least three occasions. Management begged the few of us that chose to stay to not leave. Later, they changed their mind and decided to 'restructure' our division and lay everyone off.
This isn't even an atypical experience. Avoid if you like job security.
Pros
obey most ahs regulations
Cons
everything else
good company to work for
Senior Field operator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster Alberta.12 May 2013
i start each day supervising 2 to 3 people to work on a wireline truck to get it ready for a field job, i learn patience and time management, i have good workers for the most part and few misfits but ok to work with. the hard part of my job is screw ups that are generated by new co-workers and the best part of my job is when all the hard work result in perfect job completetion.
Pros
free pizza launces
Cons
long hours as we get paid by the job regardless of hours spent
working in shop and in yard
shop tech, dispatcher then manager (Former Employee) –  fort st. john23 October 2013
most work done in shop some long hours on call nights and weekends run front end loader loading and unloading of trucks, plow yard in winter. i clean and wash tools,inspect,paint and put back into service,pressure test valves,answer phone and supply customers with tools,make delivery tickets on computer for tools going out and returns.supply oil rigs and service rigs with the appropriate tools to get the job done
Pros
great benifits
Cons
not enough employees
Awsome Place to work,Not very good pay
Wireline Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB4 February 2014
On shop days went to shop for 8:30,worked till 12 doing odd jobs around the shop such as servicing tools between coffee breaks, came back around 1 worked till 2:30 doing the same sort of things than went home

On Job days went in for the time we were told to be there, drove to site, worked till job was done, drove back to shop, serviced tools and cleaned truck than went home
Pros
Hotels when away from home
Cons
long hours little pay
ITS A NICE PLACE TO WORK AND GET PAID.
Process Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 March 2015
The environment is nice and the management its ok.but sometimes employees get frustrated about the way things are handled there.its doesn't matter what you know but who you know,which is not really good for a Company like that.i can say that its good as long as your getting paid.no room for advancement.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
overtime sometimes
enjoyable work
Directional Drilling Supervisor Trainee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 September 2015
long hors work under pressure as a trainee, I learned may things and enjoyed it.best experience ever had.
it was a job I liked for long-time.
Pros
good bonuses
Cons
times goes fast by beeing busy all the time
A very professional,accomadating company with a safety conscious friendly atmosphere.
Corod Rig Assistant Trainee (Current Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB13 June 2013
Weatherford is a very professional company with the patience required to learn new skills also offering advancement within the company.
A typical day begins at 5:30 AM and consists of Rigging in and out of Well sites to remove or re-run Corod as the customer requires. I have learned basic things about the Oil Industry that were previously foreign to me and the workings and function of a Corod Rig.
Everyone is always very helpful and patient from my co workers right up to Management.
Pros
Always new information and skills to learn and I get to work outside everyday.
Cons
Rotation is less than idea, l with only 3 days off to return to NB to visit my family. They are unable to relocate at this time.
Hard work but with a great crew
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Nisku8 March 2015
At Weatherford Ampscot we assembled pump jacks. My position was to put the crank arms on the gear box and load them onto trucks for shipping. Equipment was heavy but manageable with plenty of cranes and hoists to assist. The job itself was rather boring but the coworkers were great.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Boring job
A company that encourage career advancement and opportunities
QHSSE Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 June 2014
I have been with Weatherford for over 11 years. The company has helped me to grow my career and taught me how to be a leader in my role and in my career. I enjoy Weatherford and the people there and if it werent for family in Kelowna I would probably stay.
Pros
flexible schedule
Fun place to work and Plenty of O/T by choice
Shop Technician II (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB14 August 2015
Every day you get to learn something new by tearing down oil field tools, cleaning and putting back together. Also training on overhead crane and various forklifts.
Pros
Excellent Wages
Cons
On call
Productive & High Volume Department.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2013
Weatherford has a high volume accounting department. Responsibilities were to assist the Accounts Manager as required. Organize meetings and events. Assist accounting department when needed. Manage credit checks and expense reports. Weatherford did not have a very positive work environment.
Technical Service Coordinator
Technical Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 April 2014
This was my first job in the Drilling Industry. I really enjoyed the exposure to new technology and challenges to maintain good client relations. I learned a lot about mechanical, hydraulic and motion control systems. The work environment was great. While there were challenges between different departments everyone worked together to solve the challenges of the company. The hardest part of the job was troubleshooting equipment failures (this was also one of the most enjoyable parts of the job). Extremely long hours in remote locations with not overtime compensation. With Electrical, Mechanical, Control System, Hydraulic, Programming and Telecommunication all wrapped up into on piece of equipment. The experience I gained from the troubleshooting was impeccable.
Pros
Troubleshooting
Cons
long hours and no overtime compensation
A fairly good place to work
Quality Assurance Inspector II & NCR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 January 2015
A typical day at work would be routine.
Learned much about PDM pipes.
Management was not what I expected.
Co-workers very diversified.
Lots to learn in a short period of time - challenging.
Believed in safety, very reassuring and educational.
Great People
Receptionist/Admin (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 September 2014
Answer the phone and greet clients and above all a great way to interact all levels of personnel.

I have learnt a fair amount about myself and what my capabilities are and ultimately how eager I am to develop new skill sets as well as to build one my current ones.

Co-workers are fantastic.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Too much food
Great company to work for.
Technical Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB11 March 2015
I was very happy working for Weatherford, I learned a lot. Had a wonderful group of guys to work along side. I really hoped I could have prolonged my employment but unfortunately with the economy as it is right now they had to down size and restructure.
Lots of learning and fun place
Senior Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 January 2015
This was my first job in Canada. Really enjoyed the experience and had awesome team to work with. Would have continued my service happily, if it was not for the school.
Pros
Safety Concious, Encourage Team work
Cons
sometimes only a few hours notice was given before the job.
Company with so many technonocrates where one can increase hi knowledge
Field Operator (Former Employee) –  nisku8 May 2015
This is a company where you learn about the emerging technologies as well as improving it. There is also lots of things to do at the company because you would be giving lot of assignments to do
I was working night shift as a welder
Welder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta21 January 2013
Great company and I got training how to use the MIG welding machines, excellent working environment and the company all are great to work with. you keep the number of the parts they need everyday, excellent benefit and great company
Pros
working as a team
Cons
no any issue with this company
Not a very secure place to work at this time
Administration Specialist (Former Employee) –  N/A11 May 2015
At this time and in this industry security is just not there. The layoffs were constant over the last 6 years. Constant worry about would you have a job tomorrow.
Pros
People you work with
Cons
No security