Weatherford

Weatherford Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
great paying job
Offshore Mechanic, Nov (Current Employee), Broussard, LAAugust 16, 2014
offshore work as normal. do your job, co-workers do theirs and the job goes succesfully
Hands on person, eye for detail
Directional Driller - Field Specialist (Current Employee), Bogotá, CUNAugust 12, 2014
Pros: chance to grow
Cons: long shifts
My main duties and responsibilities were review the well plan in order to perform accurate well drilling, applying directional principles, interpret the information provided by MWD to follow and control well trajectory, elaborate daily drilling reports, the final report for each well drilled and all the required documentation in order to fulfill internal – more... and external customers’ needs, check inventory tools, follow and promote HSEQ policies, train new directional drillers and follow their development.

I have technical knowledge in down hole tools: frontline and hyperline motors, AGS, hydraulic jars and centralizers. I also have quite good knowledge in Weatherford Drilling Services software such as 5D, Depro, First, and Weatherford on line platforms (Hitch, WPTS, Employee Connect).

I have Working in the following fields: Colombia, Moriche, Jazmin, Girasol, Velásquez, Buena Vista (Boyacá), Arrendajo, Cubiro, Copa, Maniceño, Casimena, Violeta, Yenac-Mantis, Calacho (Casanare) Corazón West (Santander), Estratifráfico, CPE7, Sabanero (Meta), Guando (Tolima). Perú: Lote XIII (Paita), Lote X (Piura), Lote I (Talara). Argentina: Lajas, Loma Negra, Aguada Toledo (Neuquén), Chus (Chachahuen), – less
Too much over time and not enough family or sleep time.
Equipment Operator (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 11, 2014
Pros: free catering and great health benefits
Cons: no brakes, people falling out constintly or missing work due to tiredness forcing crew to pick up there slac
No time for brakes as soon as you get to location its non stop till you leave location. A normal day would consist of at least 15 hrs and the hardest part will be rigging up and rigging down where you will work more than 20 hrs straight.
electrical servise engeneer
electrical servise engineer (Former Employee), midell eastAugust 11, 2014
Work as electrical engineer in a position as Service Engineer on rigs & in Yard working with the (EDR2 & EDR1 & Gas System & Mud logger) System based in middle east.
give great opportunity to learn and let you run all equipment
EO-2 (Former Employee), Odessa, TXAugust 3, 2014
Pros: free ppe and weather gear
Cons: change ur crew, money, supervisors
This was a really good company all was good until management started to take away all the benefits which was the reason for me to move to this company
Good company, good people, excellent pay and benifits
Crew Pusher / Lead Inspector (Former Employee), Williston, NDJuly 30, 2014
Pros: good people, good pay, good benifits
Cons: working in north dakota
The job allowed me to learn all facets of the casing industry, I was able to advance quickly.
Fighting almost 100% turnover in SCADA software group
Competency and Certification Manager (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 30, 2014
Pros: work from home and travel to key areas where needed
Cons: pay not competitive with industry, high turnover, poor ability to understand software teams
My position is now more of an HR training and development program to teach incoming talent the skills they need to be successful.

I am a technical guy with a lot of skills and wish to use those skills and continue there development.

If I stay in this role my skills will degrade making me less valuable in the industry.
great place to work
Tong Operator (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJuly 30, 2014
learned a lot about running casing and all the handling tool that go along with
Hard work but good pay
LWD Specialist I (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 29, 2014
Pros: money and benefits
Cons: little free time
You spend a lot of time in the field as a field engineer or specialist.
Slow Year
Water Truck Driver (Former Employee), Odessa, TXJuly 23, 2014
Pros: good work schedule, great company
Cons: low pay and job security
The job was great and not too hard but the pay was not enough and job security was not too great but this was at the time of the slump in the oil field. Other than that Weather is a great company.
Its great experance to learn some new ppls on the feiled your expert.
GCT-Tracer analyst (Current Employee), Saudi arabiaJuly 19, 2014
it was really enjoyable job cos i start it as an experience man between young men start they life experience in oilfield so it was an teaching and do my job on the location
Great industry, travel too much.
Test Technician (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 16, 2014
Pros: good insurance
Cons: to much traveling
-Clean and orginize shop, get parts and equipment ready for a job.
-Learned how to preform basic machanics, and hydrotest pipeline.
-Management is fare, some jobs are on a last minute notice.
-My co-workers are great people and I love being apart of there team.
-The hardest part of the job is that we travle too much and I would like to spend more time – more... with my family.
-The money and the different senories of travel is great. – less
Engineering company with too specific work.
CAD Engineer (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHJuly 4, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours and weekend holidays.
Cons: knowledge gain and advancement are limited.
You are master of one but very small field which may not be needed some where else.
Exciting environment
Project Manager/ Field Engineer (Former Employee), Australia, QueenslandJuly 2, 2014
Pros: pay and experience
Cons: long hours, always on call
Work for clients was down off-site in the Australian outback on gas rigs. Preparation work was done in a warehouse style business park whereby equipment would be set up and reports, based on offsite client work, were prepared.

I learned business to business relations, client liaising, report writing and about the Australian gas industry. I also got – more... insight into how multinational companies operate.

Management and co- workers were excellent and very experienced.

Hardest part was long hours offsite- could be upwards of 20 hours straight in the sun. Further to this, work was unpredictable so would always be on call.

New experiences, location and challenging tasks. – less
fast paced challenging environment
Customer Service Specialist/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Lindsey OkJune 29, 2014
Pros: atmosphere, challenge of job, multi-tasking
Cons: driving to work on 2 lane busy highway
Challenging,interesting, fast paced, tracking tool inventory,sending out crews, scheduling trucks to deliver and pick up tools from rig locations.
Most enjoyable is working with co-workers.
Hardest getting crews called to go out on jobs
Challenging and productive
MECHANICAL ASSEMBLER (Current Employee), Katy,TXJune 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits, great managment
Cons: short breaks
While employed at Weatherford, I've learned how to be a leader. My co-workers are great people and enjoy what they do. The hardest part of the job is not the actual assembly work but the working conditions.
Working as a satalight office in Pratt, Kansas
Stabber, floor hand (Former Employee), Pratt, KSJune 17, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: wasnt enough work for my bills
Working for weatherford speaks for itself. GREAT company GREAT care of their employees. However moving to the location was a bad choice. They would not allow shop hours for hands< and work was slow.
Good
Geosteering/Mud Logging Geologist (Current Employee), North DakotaJune 15, 2014
Pros: good
Cons: good
Awesome place to work.. Been enjoying working here...A good good company to jump start your career.
Good company to start in the oil field
Field Engineer II (Former Employee), Alice, TXJune 15, 2014
Pros: company truck and awesome benefits
Cons: no schedule, on call 24/7 365
It was a good company to start off with little field experience but once knowledge and experience were obtained further growth was stunted
Fun
Field Supervisor (Current Employee), Marshall texasJune 13, 2014
They were an okay company but needs a lot of managerial help in higher places.

About Weatherford

Weatherford International can weather the natural and economic storms that affect the oil and gas market. The company, which is – Read more