Weatherford Employee Reviews

Weatherford
machine operator/forklift (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB6 April 2016
Working with Weatherford was a privilege, I've learned a lot working with Weatherford, taught me how work in Oil Industry, gave me courage to face other Oil Industry and gave me knowledge working on CNC Machines, operate overhead cranes, forklifts. Working with Co-workers in Weatherford was a little bit hard because of others cultures but for a awhile, made friends and made my work a lot easier because of their kind to help others with work problems. the most enjoyable part of my job is that i got to learn new things with cross-training on different tasks.
Productive and learned lots
Admin Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB22 June 2016
I learned a lot in this company, there was always some course you could do to learn more about the company and its processes. A typical day was full of laughter and productivity. Always something to do. Great people to work with and for
Pros
great company
Cons
downsizing because of economy
friendly co workers
Cnc machining (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 June 2016
it was good working environmental i learned a lot about cnc machining management was ok only problem was for layed off because of oil prices gone down thats the ply part i don't like
Great salaries, safety orientated and a good place to work
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2016
In general a good place to work. as a Millwright a typical day I will check that everything is working properly, check for work orders and apply maintenance and repairs to what is needed, good people as co-workers and management.
Pros
Great salaries, safety orientated and a good place to work
Cons
dealing whit the up's and down's of the oil prices affecting job security
horrible
operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer County, AB16 January 2016
worked there for 5 years got passed up for a promotion 4 of those five years to people who were hired long after i had worked there, only reason was my manager said i was to young for the position. Even though eveyone else in the shop vouched for me saying i was better at the job than anyone else. lowest paying wireline company compared to any other employees from other companies i talked to. no loyalty all you are is just a number to them. no issues laying off people the first sign of work slowing down.
Pros
one time they gave us a safeway gift card for christmas.
Cons
horrible managers, worn down equipment, talk a big safety game but as soon as its expensive or inconvienent safety goes away really fast.
working in shop and in yard
shop tech, dispatcher then manager (Former Employee) –  fort st. john23 October 2013
most work done in shop some long hours on call nights and weekends run front end loader loading and unloading of trucks, plow yard in winter. i clean and wash tools,inspect,paint and put back into service,pressure test valves,answer phone and supply customers with tools,make delivery tickets on computer for tools going out and returns.supply oil rigs and service rigs with the appropriate tools to get the job done
Pros
great benifits
Cons
not enough employees
Must be a slave to work here
Stage Tool Operator/ General Labour (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 May 2014
Not impressed at all. They let me go because I was a girl but they cannot legally say that because they know they will be sued. They rave about safety 24/7 but as soon as you tell them your shoulder hurts they will let you go because you are then a liability and they don't want to lose money.

7000 employees got laid off this year. I would not recommend this unstable company to anyone.
Pros
Co-workers are nice
Cons
Everything, no stability, pay is low, no benefits, treat you bad unless you are a permanent employee
Great work environment
Middle East & North Africa - Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Yemen, Africa, PNG, Turkey, Mauratania, Houston5 May 2016
I learned many skillsets through the 11 years at weatherford Air drilling UBD operations MPD operations. Management and HR were always very helpful with all aspects.
Positive work environment, great managment
Supply Chain Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2016
Safety meeting every morning, contact field stores to verify inventory, place work orders for warehouse and production to complete. coordinate logistics for outgoing orders. occasionally correct errors on outgoing orders. good positive environment with a great staff.
Hard work but with a great crew
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Nisku8 March 2015
At Weatherford Ampscot we assembled pump jacks. My position was to put the crank arms on the gear box and load them onto trucks for shipping. Equipment was heavy but manageable with plenty of cranes and hoists to assist. The job itself was rather boring but the coworkers were great.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Boring job
A typical day at work
Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 March 2016
The day usually starts off with a meeting reviewing the details of the previous shift after which a walk round is done to make sure all equipment's are in good working order. During the day, maintenance on equipment's are done as necessary.

During the job, i learn to be time conscious and also pay attention to details. the co-workers are very helpful and they do not hesitate to answer or ask questions if need be.
good company to work for
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Virginia13 March 2016
Really good company to work for. Looks after there worker and makes sure there worker are well trained and informed about work related information.
Pros
excellent equipment
Cons
lack of management
Productive and fun place to work
MWD Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Various locations8 January 2016
Productive and fun place to work. Get to see a lot of different places. The hardest part of the job is being away from home almost always.
Pros
Can make lots of money
Cons
Long hours. Always away from home.
Good place to wrok
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nisku, Alberta30 April 2013
Cheerful environment and good offices. Team spirit. Good senior management.
Pros
Good compensation and inviting environment
Cons
Difficult to get permanent, full-time job
Not a bad complany to work for but its a big one
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 February 2015
My typical work day consisted of starting at 730 in the morning holding daily safety meetings with staff discussing daily work activities and up coming jobs,

I did learn a lot with Weatherford, they are a very safety orientated company to work for lots of training is provided and the courses that provide are very useful no matter where or what you plan on doing in the future

Upper management do provide lots of mentorship witch is very helpful but being a big company you are just another body, job security is a problem as it seemed they do go through office personal very often rather it be they don't fit in with all the company's politics or they get let go due to changing in company directions,

My co workers were great people everyone always got along and shared stories

The hardest part of the job was seeing personal getting terminated over financial reasons, it was a family felt company

The most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling of helping someone out and completing tasks that at first felt unreachable
Pros
family felt atmosphere
Cons
Big company and at the end you are just a number
They'll Run you to your bones
Wireline Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK26 December 2015
Crooked company proven to be corrupted
Only focused on investors
They'll expect you to be able to work after days without sleep
They'll never take responsibility on their actions
I fired the company for their low ethics and profesionalism
Pros
Good mates
Cons
Money
Great place with great people
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 January 2016
I have worked most of career for Weatherford and i found great friends and experience from this company. The company allowed me to do many different jobs in various fields and allowed me to see parts of the world I never expected to see.
A very professional,accomadating company with a safety conscious friendly atmosphere.
Corod Rig Assistant Trainee (Current Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB13 June 2013
Weatherford is a very professional company with the patience required to learn new skills also offering advancement within the company.
A typical day begins at 5:30 AM and consists of Rigging in and out of Well sites to remove or re-run Corod as the customer requires. I have learned basic things about the Oil Industry that were previously foreign to me and the workings and function of a Corod Rig.
Everyone is always very helpful and patient from my co workers right up to Management.
Pros
Always new information and skills to learn and I get to work outside everyday.
Cons
Rotation is less than idea, l with only 3 days off to return to NB to visit my family. They are unable to relocate at this time.
it is a good place to work, if you enjoy a life away from home.
Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB28 September 2015
The Job is a great one to have, people were great, I have learned a great deal about the meaning the job tittle. Unfortunenly the 3 week on, one week off schedule did not work well with me and my spouse. A two week out, one week home would be more suitable for us if applicable.
Pros
Camp, long hours, over time, good paycheck
Cons
3 weeks out.
Good compnay
Principal Geoscientist (Global Products Manager) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 February 2015
• Provided expertise for Geoscience, research and development team in term of Imaging and Geological applications.
• Built advanced answer products and introduce it to internal sales and external clients.
• Develop brochure and identify sales strategy for advanced integrated solutions.
• Built and presented geology business strategy and answer products for internal stake holders.
• Interact with different team members when required as well as with experts in operations and R&D for wireline, LWD, SLS and Labs.
• Work closely with the petrophysical software team to define the requirements for new software platform. Provide guidance on design specifications, workflow and functionalities.
• Identify and take action on hardware and software issues, new technologies and techniques, future areas of interest for development.
• Play an active leading role in Automated & Value Added Image Analysis and the feasibility studies.
• Initiate the development of quantitative analysis of boundaries, fractures, and textures analysis
• Provide technical expertise to WFT petroleum consulting teams in all regions.
• Identify techniques to integrate various logging and lab measurements to generate comprehensive answer products.
• Document the processes, workflow and results and communicate them internally and externally as required through training seminars and courses.
• Participate in internal and external forums and publicize new techniques and technology.
• Provide software training for geological applications for Petroleum consulting analysts.
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary
  more... team to maximize the benefits to the company customers
• Coaching a new hired geologists and building their professional development career
Pros
No stress
Cons
Communication