Weatherford Employee Reviews in Canada

A New Side of the Oilfield
Directional Driller (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABSeptember 2, 2015
A new side of the oil field from applying the work on the rig to deciding what work needs to be done and how the project would be conducted.
As a Directional Field Supervisor there was a large amount of responsibility on me but with the help of field and office staff the projects were always completed safely and on time.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Away from home a lot
Company with so many technonocrates where one can increase hi knowledge
Field Operator (Former Employee) –  niskuMay 8, 2015
This is a company where you learn about the emerging technologies as well as improving it. There is also lots of things to do at the company because you would be giving lot of assignments to do
challenging
QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  alberta canadaMarch 16, 2015
very challenging and productive. lots of quality and manufacturing experience gained . cross training and multi tasking a must and willing to trai nnew employess along with initiative work required
Hard work but with a great crew
Assembler (Former Employee) –  NiskuMarch 8, 2015
At Weatherford Ampscot we assembled pump jacks. My position was to put the crank arms on the gear box and load them onto trucks for shipping. Equipment was heavy but manageable with plenty of cranes and hoists to assist. The job itself was rather boring but the coworkers were great.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
boring job
Not bad, but could have been better
Stinger Well Head Protection (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMarch 7, 2015
I loved the Weatherford the company, some of the management was a little iffy. I wish i would have stayed actually, but i feel like i had money, time and my health stolen from me.
Good compnay
Principal Geoscientist (Global Products Manager) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 19, 2015
• Provided expertise for Geoscience, research and development team in term of Imaging and Geological applications.
• Built advanced answer products and introduce it to internal sales and external clients.
• Develop brochure and identify sales strategy for advanced integrated solutions.
• Built and presented geology business strategy and answer products for internal stake holders.
• Interact with different team members when required as well as with experts in operations and R&D for wireline, LWD, SLS and Labs.
• Work closely with the petrophysical software team to define the requirements for new software platform. Provide guidance on design specifications, workflow and functionalities.
• Identify and take action on hardware and software issues, new technologies and techniques, future areas of interest for development.
• Play an active leading role in Automated & Value Added Image Analysis and the feasibility studies.
• Initiate the development of quantitative analysis of boundaries, fractures, and textures analysis
• Provide technical expertise to WFT petroleum consulting teams in all regions.
• Identify techniques to integrate various logging and lab measurements to generate comprehensive answer products.
• Document the processes, workflow and results and communicate them internally and externally as required through training seminars and courses.
• Participate in internal and external forums and publicize new techniques and technology.
• Provide software training for geological applications for Petroleum consulting analysts.
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to maximize
  more... the benefits to the company customers
• Coaching a new hired geologists and building their professional development career
Pros
no stress
Cons
communication
Decent place to work with advancement opportunities, but has a disfunctional management system.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 16, 2015
During my time at Weatherford I had some good times and bad. The first few weeks were full of training and safety orientation and quite boring, but the start of most jobs are. After that I spent a couple of weeks in the shop with the other new guys learning and maintaining equipment. I enjoyed it very much and liked the people I worked with, but it slowly started to go downhill. Once I got in the field I worked with a racist crew and requested to be placed with another one but the manager refused me and said "You go where I say you go" and "I do not believe they are racist since I am friends with them". This is when I realized the company had severe favoritism and I decided to quit. If you enjoy hard work qnd don't care about the management then this is the perfect company for you. (I had hours of discussions with the trainers about the management system and they said it was like this for the past couple of years, so my desicion to quiy was not based off 1 event)
Pros
some decent people to work with and decent pay
Cons
screwed up management that has bad favoritism.
A fairly good place to work
Quality Assurance Inspector II & NCR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 29, 2015
A typical day at work would be routine.
Learned much about PDM pipes.
Management was not what I expected.
Co-workers very diversified.
Lots to learn in a short period of time - challenging.
Believed in safety, very reassuring and educational.
Lots of learning and fun place
Senior Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 25, 2015
This was my first job in Canada. Really enjoyed the experience and had awesome team to work with. Would have continued my service happily, if it was not for the school.
Pros
safety concious, encourage team work
Cons
sometimes only a few hours notice was given before the job.
Great People
Receptionist/Admin (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 5, 2014
Answer the phone and greet clients and above all a great way to interact all levels of personnel.

I have learnt a fair amount about myself and what my capabilities are and ultimately how eager I am to develop new skill sets as well as to build one my current ones.

Co-workers are fantastic.
Pros
the pay
Cons
too much food
A company that encourage career advancement and opportunities
QHSSE Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 2, 2014
I have been with Weatherford for over 11 years. The company has helped me to grow my career and taught me how to be a leader in my role and in my career. I enjoy Weatherford and the people there and if it werent for family in Kelowna I would probably stay.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
Must be a slave to work here
Stage Tool Operator/ General Labour (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 20, 2014
Not impressed at all. They let me go because I was a girl but they cannot legally say that because they know they will be sued. They rave about safety 24/7 but as soon as you tell them your shoulder hurts they will let you go because you are then a liability and they don't want to lose money.

7000 employees got laid off this year. I would not recommend this unstable company to anyone.
Pros
co-workers are nice
Cons
everything, no stability, pay is low, no benefits, treat you bad unless you are a permanent employee
Technical Service Coordinator
Technical Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 2, 2014
This was my first job in the Drilling Industry. I really enjoyed the exposure to new technology and challenges to maintain good client relations. I learned a lot about mechanical, hydraulic and motion control systems. The work environment was great. While there were challenges between different departments everyone worked together to solve the challenges of the company. The hardest part of the job was troubleshooting equipment failures (this was also one of the most enjoyable parts of the job). Extremely long hours in remote locations with not overtime compensation. With Electrical, Mechanical, Control System, Hydraulic, Programming and Telecommunication all wrapped up into on piece of equipment. The experience I gained from the troubleshooting was impeccable.
Pros
troubleshooting
Cons
long hours and no overtime compensation
Awesome team
Wellhead Service Tech II (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BCFebruary 7, 2014
Great job oppurtinity to grow, management was awesome team worked well together
Awsome Place to work,Not very good pay
Wireline Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, ABFebruary 4, 2014
On shop days went to shop for 8:30,worked till 12 doing odd jobs around the shop such as servicing tools between coffee breaks, came back around 1 worked till 2:30 doing the same sort of things than went home

On Job days went in for the time we were told to be there, drove to site, worked till job was done, drove back to shop, serviced tools and cleaned truck than went home
Pros
hotels when away from home
Cons
long hours little pay
good workplace
Payroll Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Downtown, CalgaryJanuary 19, 2014
handle insquiries from many employees, fast-pace and pressure
...
Swamper (Former Employee) –  Macklin, SKAugust 19, 2013
the guidelines weren't clear on what they wanted. they needed to know to much about my home life.
Executive Management
Canada Operations (Former Employee) –  AlbertaJune 19, 2013
Executive leadership is taking steps to re-structure the most senior members of management which achieved unprecedented growth over the last 5-10 years.

Qualified, senior and capable managers have been replaced or have left the organization. These key positions are being back-filled with lower cost people with no track record of success, real life experience and/or education.

The culture, morale and loyalty has been severely damaged.
Weatherford as Company
Lead Off-Shore Operator (Former Employee) –  Paradise, NLJune 6, 2013
Weatherford is good company to work for , its 4th largest service providing company in oil and gas sector & its world wide.
Was your home away from home
CUSTOMER SERVICE/INSIDE SALES (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 22, 2013
Loved working there. Was my second family. My days were very busy with transfers . My supervisor was awesome and I was able to go to her with any concerns.