Weatherford Employee Reviews in Canada

Executive Management
Canada Operations (Former Employee) –  AlbertaJune 19, 2013
Executive leadership is taking steps to re-structure the most senior members of management which achieved unprecedented growth over the last 5-10 years.

Qualified, senior and capable managers have been replaced or have left the organization. These key positions are being back-filled with lower cost people with no track record of success, real life experience and/or education.

The culture, morale and loyalty has been severely damaged.
Hard work but with a great crew
Assembler (Former Employee) –  NiskuMarch 8, 2015
At Weatherford Ampscot we assembled pump jacks. My position was to put the crank arms on the gear box and load them onto trucks for shipping. Equipment was heavy but manageable with plenty of cranes and hoists to assist. The job itself was rather boring but the coworkers were great.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
boring job
A company that encourage career advancement and opportunities
QHSSE Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 2, 2014
I have been with Weatherford for over 11 years. The company has helped me to grow my career and taught me how to be a leader in my role and in my career. I enjoy Weatherford and the people there and if it werent for family in Kelowna I would probably stay.
Pros
flexible schedule
Good compnay
Principal Geoscientist (Global Products Manager) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABFebruary 19, 2015
• Provided expertise for Geoscience, research and development team in term of Imaging and Geological applications.
• Built advanced answer products and introduce it to internal sales and external clients.
• Develop brochure and identify sales strategy for advanced integrated solutions.
• Built and presented geology business strategy and answer products for internal stake holders.
• Interact with different team members when required as well as with experts in operations and R&D for wireline, LWD, SLS and Labs.
• Work closely with the petrophysical software team to define the requirements for new software platform. Provide guidance on design specifications, workflow and functionalities.
• Identify and take action on hardware and software issues, new technologies and techniques, future areas of interest for development.
• Play an active leading role in Automated & Value Added Image Analysis and the feasibility studies.
• Initiate the development of quantitative analysis of boundaries, fractures, and textures analysis
• Provide technical expertise to WFT petroleum consulting teams in all regions.
• Identify techniques to integrate various logging and lab measurements to generate comprehensive answer products.
• Document the processes, workflow and results and communicate them internally and externally as required through training seminars and courses.
• Participate in internal and external forums and publicize new techniques and technology.
• Provide software training for geological applications for Petroleum consulting analysts.
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to maximize
  more... the benefits to the company customers
• Coaching a new hired geologists and building their professional development career
Pros
no stress
Cons
communication
Company with so many technonocrates where one can increase hi knowledge
Field Operator (Former Employee) –  niskuMay 8, 2015
This is a company where you learn about the emerging technologies as well as improving it. There is also lots of things to do at the company because you would be giving lot of assignments to do
Not bad, but could have been better
Stinger Well Head Protection (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMarch 7, 2015
I loved the Weatherford the company, some of the management was a little iffy. I wish i would have stayed actually, but i feel like i had money, time and my health stolen from me.
A fairly good place to work
Quality Assurance Inspector II & NCR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 29, 2015
A typical day at work would be routine.
Learned much about PDM pipes.
Management was not what I expected.
Co-workers very diversified.
Lots to learn in a short period of time - challenging.
Believed in safety, very reassuring and educational.
Must be a slave to work here
Stage Tool Operator/ General Labour (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 20, 2014
Not impressed at all. They let me go because I was a girl but they cannot legally say that because they know they will be sued. They rave about safety 24/7 but as soon as you tell them your shoulder hurts they will let you go because you are then a liability and they don't want to lose money.

7000 employees got laid off this year. I would not recommend this unstable company to anyone.
Pros
co-workers are nice
Cons
everything, no stability, pay is low, no benefits, treat you bad unless you are a permanent employee
Poor organization t
Wireline engineer (Former Employee) –  AlbertaMarch 10, 2013
This organization lack good management. They don't care about the developing of employee in terms of growing in the career.
Pros
sound training
Cons
poor management
Awsome Place to work,Not very good pay
Wireline Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, ABFebruary 4, 2014
On shop days went to shop for 8:30,worked till 12 doing odd jobs around the shop such as servicing tools between coffee breaks, came back around 1 worked till 2:30 doing the same sort of things than went home

On Job days went in for the time we were told to be there, drove to site, worked till job was done, drove back to shop, serviced tools and cleaned truck than went home
Pros
hotels when away from home
Cons
long hours little pay
challenging
QC Inspector (Former Employee) –  alberta canadaMarch 16, 2015
very challenging and productive. lots of quality and manufacturing experience gained . cross training and multi tasking a must and willing to trai nnew employess along with initiative work required
Lots of learning and fun place
Senior Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABJanuary 25, 2015
This was my first job in Canada. Really enjoyed the experience and had awesome team to work with. Would have continued my service happily, if it was not for the school.
Pros
safety concious, encourage team work
Cons
sometimes only a few hours notice was given before the job.
great company and work culture
Global Service Line Technical Advisor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 27, 2012
great company to work for, a bit laid back, great work culture
Pros
great working environment
Cons
a bit disorganized sometimes
Football
Technician/ Bucking Unit & TRS Field Operator (Former Employee) –  EgyptOctober 23, 2012
I did work at desert and workshop and offshore.
i did learn how to improve my self and carry on.
Bad management.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, dinner, teatime
Cons
8 hours workshop
Awesome team
Wellhead Service Tech II (Former Employee) –  Fort St John, BCFebruary 7, 2014
Great job oppurtinity to grow, management was awesome team worked well together
Very poor management
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Nisku AlbertaMay 9, 2013
Very poor management, low shop morale, lies and deception. Not a good company at all.
Cons
too many to list.
Great People
Receptionist/Admin (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 5, 2014
Answer the phone and greet clients and above all a great way to interact all levels of personnel.

I have learnt a fair amount about myself and what my capabilities are and ultimately how eager I am to develop new skill sets as well as to build one my current ones.

Co-workers are fantastic.
Pros
the pay
Cons
too much food
Slow moving
inside sales (Current Employee) –  albertaApril 4, 2013
good benefits, good work hours,low pay. Great place to learn
Don't waste your time with Weatherford
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 30, 2013
The most horrible managment I have ever encountered.
Quality control is horrible, I feel bad for the customers receiving these stators that are not passable but are sent anyways.

WORST COMPANY EVER
Pros
nothing
Cons
worst managers ever
productive, fun enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  edmonton, ABMay 17, 2013
hard working individual with geat and positive attitude. found it to be a wonderful experince and it gave me a positive outlook on what i want to do in the future.
Pros
always on time
Cons
cannot do overtime, have a child.