Weatherford Employee Reviews

good company to work for
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Virginia13 March 2016
Really good company to work for. Looks after there worker and makes sure there worker are well trained and informed about work related information.
Pros
excellent equipment
Cons
lack of management
They'll Run you to your bones
Wireline Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK26 December 2015
Crooked company proven to be corrupted
Only focused on investors
They'll expect you to be able to work after days without sleep
They'll never take responsibility on their actions
I fired the company for their low ethics and profesionalism
Pros
Good mates
Cons
Money
Great place with great people
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 January 2016
I have worked most of career for Weatherford and i found great friends and experience from this company. The company allowed me to do many different jobs in various fields and allowed me to see parts of the world I never expected to see.
Good Salary but poor leadership
HR (Former Employee) –  Alberta16 November 2015
Salary was competitive but the work environment was poor. Management not concerned with development of non-managerial employees.
Policies and procedures not documented well.
Very few team building events
Poor communication
Pros
Salary
Cons
Benefits, Uninterested Management, Poor documentation of Policies and Procedures, Lack of communication
Worst wireline manager in the oil patch, hands down.
Former field employee (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB11 December 2015
Open hole manager only likes and plays favorites to whomever laughs at his humor. Has faithfull followers but they do it to keep their jobs not out of respect or honour. Old manager should of never left, current one is an incompetent clown.
Pros
N/A
Cons
OH Manager
Productive and fun place to work
MWD Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Various locations8 January 2016
Productive and fun place to work. Get to see a lot of different places. The hardest part of the job is being away from home almost always.
Pros
Can make lots of money
Cons
Long hours. Always away from home.
it is a good place to work, if you enjoy a life away from home.
Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB28 September 2015
The Job is a great one to have, people were great, I have learned a great deal about the meaning the job tittle. Unfortunenly the 3 week on, one week off schedule did not work well with me and my spouse. A two week out, one week home would be more suitable for us if applicable.
Pros
Camp, long hours, over time, good paycheck
Cons
3 weeks out.
Great group
Drilling Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 January 2016
This was a fun company to work for, with a great team.
I learned how to design well plans for many different well types.
It was a great learning experience.
A New Side of the Oilfield
Directional Driller (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB2 September 2015
A new side of the oil field from applying the work on the rig to deciding what work needs to be done and how the project would be conducted.
As a Directional Field Supervisor there was a large amount of responsibility on me but with the help of field and office staff the projects were always completed safely and on time.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Away from home a lot
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 January 2016
Management was awesome, great people to work with. The salary and benefits were amazing. And the support I got when I had family illnesses was amazing.
Great place to work with exeptional benifit program
Service Labourer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie17 August 2015
Very safety orientated company with low acceptance of hazardous employees. Pay was more than reasonable. Medical was very easy to deal with. Most shops allowed a family orientated life style. Management on a large scale seems poor and quick to react to failures in a employee negative way. Too many times in a year were employees asked what the company could to do improve and it appeared as though their comments or concerns were ignored or swept away. Shop manegemnt was organized and fair more often than not. Overall with the right coworkers it was an enjoyable atmosphere to work in and if something seemed unsafe or could be done more efficient your concerns were brought up prompt.
Pros
Great benifits, safety concious
Cons
lack of higher organization
Great place to work. great guys to work with
Shop technician (Former Employee) –  AB26 November 2015
service drill equipment ,put tools away, unload and return tools from customers. Fill orders keep the shop clean. pick up parts do a bit of welding some days.
Great place to learn.
Senior Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2015
Great place to work if you are new in the industry and a great opportunity to learn. Politics is relatively high. Salary is not competitive although benefits packages are decent.
enjoyable work
Directional Drilling Supervisor Trainee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 September 2015
long hors work under pressure as a trainee, I learned may things and enjoyed it.best experience ever had.
it was a job I liked for long-time.
Pros
good bonuses
Cons
times goes fast by beeing busy all the time
Good workplace
Intercompany Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 April 2015
A day at work starts with a morning greeting with colleagues and a morning coffee or tea. It's always conducive to work with focus having a good workplace to work at.

I enjoyed working with my co-workers having the good team work spirit.I have learned more to work harmoniously with people of different nationalities, critically observe deadlines and priorities.

Hard it may seem but I take it a good learning experience working in a complex system due to being a global company.
Pros
Free Friday Tim Horton breakfast
Fun place to work and Plenty of O/T by choice
Shop Technician II (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB14 August 2015
Every day you get to learn something new by tearing down oil field tools, cleaning and putting back together. Also training on overhead crane and various forklifts.
Pros
Excellent Wages
Cons
On call
ITS A NICE PLACE TO WORK AND GET PAID.
Process Lead (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 March 2015
The environment is nice and the management its ok.but sometimes employees get frustrated about the way things are handled there.its doesn't matter what you know but who you know,which is not really good for a Company like that.i can say that its good as long as your getting paid.no room for advancement.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
overtime sometimes
Loved my job
Administrative Assistant/ Office Management (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 October 2014
I was part of an amazing team of scientist and salesmen. Given support in all my tasks, when creating new processes and workflows.

Safety was a great concern as we worked in a laboratory, I was the safety coordinator and enjoyed the task!

Management supports me to this day as I was part of a mass lay off, missed by all. New business unit manager was not aware of my daily contribution to the facility when I was dismissed.
Must be a slave to work here
Stage Tool Operator/ General Labour (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 May 2014
Not impressed at all. They let me go because I was a girl but they cannot legally say that because they know they will be sued. They rave about safety 24/7 but as soon as you tell them your shoulder hurts they will let you go because you are then a liability and they don't want to lose money.

7000 employees got laid off this year. I would not recommend this unstable company to anyone.
Pros
Co-workers are nice
Cons
Everything, no stability, pay is low, no benefits, treat you bad unless you are a permanent employee
Hard work but with a great crew
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Nisku8 March 2015
At Weatherford Ampscot we assembled pump jacks. My position was to put the crank arms on the gear box and load them onto trucks for shipping. Equipment was heavy but manageable with plenty of cranes and hoists to assist. The job itself was rather boring but the coworkers were great.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Boring job