Weatherford Employee Reviews

Was a productive role in a challenging environment
Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Qatar26 April 2017
Location of my office was in a tough industrial zone - quite a challenge
Was assigned to implement a high level of compliance to company policy.
Good achievement on HR projects and was able to implement complimentary change after a short time.
Enjoyed the challenge
Pros
First role in the upstream oil and gas
Cons
location and management
Don't Waste your precious years on this company.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 April 2017
Horrible management....blind leading a blind. If know someone and like butter up to better advance your career by all means this is a great place to work for. Present quote of the company is " You are fortunate to have a job". That includes no shift differential, 10% wage roll back, as they state about rrsp ...present that's been taken away and no overtime. If some accident happens, you going for drug test and suspension on top of it.. while investigation hasn't been finalized. IF it was faulty equipment by all means its safety ..... but after a while nothing happen to rectify the problem because company has no money to invest back. I am surprised how this company manages to keep afloat....research there financial record since its publicly traded company. Good luck hope you make rite decision for you career.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Be prepared to give it back.
adminisration
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB19 April 2017
loved my job , customer service, duties included create buyouts, purchase orders, sales orders answering phone calls and create packing slips for customers to be signed also email the customers to receive a signed copy back.
Challanging job with opprotunity to travel and experience new technology
Senior Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2017
This is a company were the staff & management make the work place a great place to work. That being said this job requires a lot of traveling and being away from home especially in the winter months! Permanent full time is tuff now due to budget cuts during break up! very busy in the winter were you may stay in camp or travel the highways going rig to rig...
Pros
Great staff
Cons
long shifts
Great Company!
Senior Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hibernia Platform - Offshore NL3 April 2017
Great organization who seems to always put the employee first. I have learned how to be a better person, both to my co-workers and at home. I am a strong believer in family first and Weatherford is as well.
Pros
Management very approachable
its a big company
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2017
As it is common knowledge that a lot of politics is involved in the mechanisms in such big organizations. As such the challenges are large in numbers and highly divers so luck plays a major role
was a good company but been away 10 years so a lot has changed
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB27 February 2017
was a fast growing company that was exciting to be part of.
they have had lots of changes in last 10 years and what I know about it now is only through media and heresy.
A Dead-End Job
Apprentice mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB22 February 2017
Workplace was noisy, dirty and dangerous; no regard given to worker safety. Shift supervisor spent all day on his Blackberry, occasionally arriving to ask, "Are you done yet?" Co-worker allegiances are very necessary to survive in this disorganized jungle. Very easy to get injured. Changing room facility is cramped and dirty. Distrust of low-level employees by management. No opportunity for advancement.
Pros
No overtime hours required
Cons
No praise offered, ever
Excellent Training
Global Training and Development (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 February 2017
Very good onboarding program; Competency Training was a key aspect along with an excellent safety record. Unfortunately, upper management was lacking or unable to overcome the massive growth thereby assuming a very large debt that will be their undoing.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
This industry moves with the tides, up and down.
Very good people
Directional Drilling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB25 January 2017
They were very understanding and kept me employed through some tough personal times. I have no complaints with my time working with them.
Good Company
Well (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB11 January 2017
Kept my family fed for 16 years. Allowing me to learn and grow, within the company. Not happy about being let go after 16 years, but understand this is a very different oil patch from the one we had before the downturn.
everyday learning with great people
Inventory/Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB & Gibbons, AB4 January 2017
i have been lucky to have great managers that helped me learn and continued to challenge me.
going to work was not a chore, i enjoyed my time with Weatherford learning new skills and seeing different application's of the industry.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
allways under pressure
Learned so much from this job in the 4 years I was there.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB29 December 2016
A very awesome place to work everyone was there to help you if needed. Loved going to work there.Learned so much from this job in the 4 years I was there.
Pros
everything
Productive fun challenging
Logging Geologist (Former Employee) –  Kuwait22 December 2016
Rotational job with 50 days on and 28 days off. I used to have 12 hrs shift where I learned to handle many difficult situations in a a very safe and productive way.The hardest part of the job was the Rig Up and Rig down of the complete unit .I enjoyed my working on an Oil Rig.
Greta company
Production Control Group Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 December 2016
Weatherford provided me with the ability to learn and gain knowledge in many different areas within the company in order to succeed in my roles. The day to day work loads were managed and completed within a team environment.
Great opportunity for someone who is wanting to grow with the company.
Regional QHSSE Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Canada3 December 2016
Overall Weatherford is a great place to work, they provide their employees much opportunity to grow and advance with the company. The sky is the limit if you have the drive and commitment the company will definitely take you where you want to be.
Pros
flexible schedule
was a nice clean place to work
cnc operaror (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2016
wok days were good learned many different jobs and processes over the 16 years management changed to often the hardest part off the job was nowing what the new management wanted
Pros
good benenfits
Cons
management changes
Fun place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 November 2016
Can be a great place to work, plenty of options to learn more experience. There are alot of other departments that need assistance and they are more than willing to learn and help out
Pros
options to advance
Cons
not alot of team building
Not a good place to hang your hat.
Plant Manufacturing Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2016
This oil company is not stable at this time. Management is fickle and can not be counted on during tough economic conditions. Stay away from this company.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Unreliable
Production and Machine Operator
Production Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 October 2016
Continuously Learning
Right on Time
Present of mind before hand
Safety (JHA,L.O.T.O, WHMIS,Toolbox meeting)
Co-workers are nice and friendly
The most enjoyable part of my job is, I perfectly made my production in good quality as our customer wanted for the products.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Full-time