Weatherford

Weatherford Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Assembler/valve tech
Valve Technician/Shop Hand (Former Employee), williston ndDecember 10, 2014
•Assembled 2 1/16 5K Production trees. Including test, grease, and paint.

•Assembled 4 1/16 10K Frac Stacks with double wing valves.

•Overhead Crane operation including safety while using the overhead crane.

•Inspected/replaced gates, body bushings o rings in case of any leaks. Clean valves and take proper steps to ensure a clean valve body for rebuild.

•During – more... spare time I would help co workers with other wellhead related projects or landing joints.

•Previous CPR, first aid, h2s, forklift and loader certifications.

•Organization, communication, team work skills with leadership qualities. – less
Let you work as many hours you want because of low pay
Machinist (Former Employee), Odessa txDecember 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: low wages
They work you as much they can for low pay but lots of hours poor management old employees with many years working there those are the only ones they stay not a good company that care for their employees
Great Company
SCCM Administrator / Packager & Imaging (Current Employee), Houston, TXDecember 4, 2014
Great coworkers with fast paced work environment. Interaction with people at a constant pace. Easy going managers, very well relatable
Poor managment
DrillingTool Welder (Former Employee), Casper, WYNovember 29, 2014
Not a stable place to work and poor working conditions. They lay people off every year.
Steady Work, Everyday is different
Materials & Logistics Co-Ordinator (Current Employee), AberdeenNovember 20, 2014
Pros: we get good benefits
Cons: some days are quiet and can be long.
As I work in Operations for a Service Company no 2 days are the same. One day I could be arranging transport to anywhere in the world, and the next day I could be working on Invoicing and Procurement. I find that I learn something new all the time, which I feel helps me progress myself.
I get on well with the Team, we have a good laugh everyday. I would – more... say we have a good working relationship. – less
Weatherford will work you to death but pays well
ALS Programming Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 18, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: hours, stress, management
If you want to work for a company that will work you as many hours as they can and have absolutely no job security Weatherford is the company for you. The one up side is they do pay well. They are on the scale of Halliburton but it is also a similar culture.
Management Scarce
Intern (Former Employee), Broussard, LANovember 13, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: not enough work
Typical day includes asking manager for work. Most of the time getting little to no response.
Productive work place
Admin.Clerk (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXNovember 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: healthcare
Love the work place and atmosphere but didn't agree with the new management. Learned AP and Billing in the 2+ years I was there. The hardest part of my job was the new management. The most enjoyable part of my job was my fellow co-workers.
Productive And Fun work place
Technical Consultant (Current Employee), PuneNovember 12, 2014
nice Environment to learn and improvement
Challenging works.
Wonderful team support
Working for an oilfield company
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Broussard, LANovember 10, 2014
Great work environment. We worked from eight to five, with the occasional opportunity to get some overtime. My co-workers were the best part of working for Weatherford.
iffy
Driller (Former Employee), PennsylvaniaNovember 9, 2014
Pros: great place, good benefits, great people.
Cons: no many
Great place to work amazing people. Great atmosphere. New places every few weeks, there was some long weeks due to broken down rigs.
iffy
Driller (Former Employee), PennsylvaniaNovember 9, 2014
Pros: great place, good benefits, great people.
Cons: no many
Great
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee), Houston TXNovember 3, 2014
Cons: low pay, far commute
I worked for this coming company and it was ok. The job was document control. I think the process could have been streamlined but management was not open to it. It's a large company so I'm sure the change could have been an undertaking.
Fair place of work
Crane Operator (Current Employee), Greenville, TXNovember 1, 2014
Typical day includes 8-12hr shift depending on position, 6 days a week every week almost, 7 days a week often. People often are aggravated because of situations workers are placed in, sort of seems like we are all just another number to them. The good thing is we get 40hr(5 days) vacation and sick/personal time after 6 months. The only down side is – more... the made a rule where sick or personal time cant be taken on Friday, Saturday, Sundays or Mondays because its extending a weekend. Even though its our personal time we earned we can only use it Tuesday Wednesday or Thursday or we can get wrote up or not paid if it falls on a weekend. – less
Cowowrkers are great to work with
Material Handler/Assembler (Current Employee), Katy, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no raises, no end of the day time
The coworkers are great to work with. The company itself is a nice company. The only complaints I have is workers were promised to come up to pay with the rest of the Weatherford companies but fail to do so. It was preached to the team that the team would arrive and leave at same time even though the same 2-3 were working every night at the end of the – more... night. – less
Busy days
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Elmendorf, TXOctober 20, 2014
Overall the job is good if you are not bothered by the long hours and constant movement.
Multi site company building parts to support oil and gas drilling
General Manager (Former Employee), Ventura, CAOctober 17, 2014
Challenge as GM to manage all 4 sites together in manufacturing and service to customers
Was great before Weatherford took over from RESLAB UK
Technician - not really (Former Employee), Industrial estate - very greyOctober 12, 2014
Pros: if you want to travel into sussex from london - why?
Cons: long hours, ot ban, resentment about the 'old' way of operating
The company ethos if it had one changed wholesale. Alot of 'mixed messages' and contradictions when it changed hands. It ran no better efficiently and I heard more arguments. It somehow gets through. But due to bad selection processes, a mixture of formality and discipline in a bad combination, a dour environment and location it would only appeal to – more... those desparately into something which being niche has a tenuous link with proven technology. Ask it's customers what they think. I feel if it were not 'close' to London it would 'slide' on it's reputation. – less
great place to work
Pipe Welder (Former Employee), Houston, TX.October 11, 2014
great place to work. they pay fairly and you get some great hours. the best job I had since I'v bin off base.
Difficult place to work due to mismanagement of revenue and poor state regulatory compliance
Plant Manager, Engineered Chemistry (Former Employee), Elmendorf, TXOctober 5, 2014
Pros: not a lot
Cons: heavy in debt
Not much to say. Company was heavily in debt, as a result the particular plant I managed was cutting corners on safety and state regulatory compliance. My refusal to continue running illegal cost me my position.

About Weatherford

Weatherford International can weather the natural and economic storms that affect the oil and gas market. The company, which is – Read more