Weatherford Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
A Dead-End Job
Apprentice mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB22 February 2017
Workplace was noisy, dirty and dangerous; no regard given to worker safety. Shift supervisor spent all day on his Blackberry, occasionally arriving to ask, "Are you done yet?" Co-worker allegiances are very necessary to survive in this disorganized jungle. Very easy to get injured. Changing room facility is cramped and dirty. Distrust of low-level employees by management. No opportunity for advancement.
Pros
No overtime hours required
Cons
No praise offered, ever
Excellent Training
Global Training and Development (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 February 2017
Very good onboarding program; Competency Training was a key aspect along with an excellent safety record. Unfortunately, upper management was lacking or unable to overcome the massive growth thereby assuming a very large debt that will be their undoing.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
This industry moves with the tides, up and down.
Very good people
Directional Drilling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB25 January 2017
They were very understanding and kept me employed through some tough personal times. I have no complaints with my time working with them.
Good Company
Well (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB11 January 2017
Kept my family fed for 16 years. Allowing me to learn and grow, within the company. Not happy about being let go after 16 years, but understand this is a very different oil patch from the one we had before the downturn.
everyday learning with great people
Inventory/Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB & Gibbons, AB4 January 2017
i have been lucky to have great managers that helped me learn and continued to challenge me.
going to work was not a chore, i enjoyed my time with Weatherford learning new skills and seeing different application's of the industry.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
allways under pressure
Learned so much from this job in the 4 years I was there.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB29 December 2016
A very awesome place to work everyone was there to help you if needed. Loved going to work there.Learned so much from this job in the 4 years I was there.
Pros
everything
Productive fun challenging
Logging Geologist (Former Employee) –  Kuwait22 December 2016
Rotational job with 50 days on and 28 days off. I used to have 12 hrs shift where I learned to handle many difficult situations in a a very safe and productive way.The hardest part of the job was the Rig Up and Rig down of the complete unit .I enjoyed my working on an Oil Rig.
Greta company
Production Control Group Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 December 2016
Weatherford provided me with the ability to learn and gain knowledge in many different areas within the company in order to succeed in my roles. The day to day work loads were managed and completed within a team environment.
Great opportunity for someone who is wanting to grow with the company.
Regional QHSSE Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Canada3 December 2016
Overall Weatherford is a great place to work, they provide their employees much opportunity to grow and advance with the company. The sky is the limit if you have the drive and commitment the company will definitely take you where you want to be.
Pros
flexible schedule
was a nice clean place to work
cnc operaror (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2016
wok days were good learned many different jobs and processes over the 16 years management changed to often the hardest part off the job was nowing what the new management wanted
Pros
good benenfits
Cons
management changes
Fun place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 November 2016
Can be a great place to work, plenty of options to learn more experience. There are alot of other departments that need assistance and they are more than willing to learn and help out
Pros
options to advance
Cons
not alot of team building
Not a good place to hang your hat.
Plant Manufacturing Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2016
This oil company is not stable at this time. Management is fickle and can not be counted on during tough economic conditions. Stay away from this company.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Unreliable
Production and Machine Operator
Production Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 October 2016
Continuously Learning
Right on Time
Present of mind before hand
Safety (JHA,L.O.T.O, WHMIS,Toolbox meeting)
Co-workers are nice and friendly
The most enjoyable part of my job is, I perfectly made my production in good quality as our customer wanted for the products.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Full-time
Counter Productive at times
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Nisku, AB9 October 2016
-Not as organized as it should be
- i learned alot in my first six months, would like to continue to develop my skills and education
-hardest part of the job is poor planning and very last minute.
- my crew is the best part about the job, very fun , and at times work doesn't feel like work.
Pros
guarantee hours
Cons
poor leadership
Safe and good place to work.
Journeyman Machinist (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB6 October 2016
Worked for Weatherford for 14 years. Changed so many locations to work with in Weatherford in 14 years. Learnt so much and got a really good experience being a lead hand and supervisor. Management in the end of my period was not good. I enjoyed working here a lot when I had good and friendly management and bosses.
Pros
Free lunches. Safety rewards
Cons
Poor management in year 2013-2014
A fun place to be and to work for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2016
In my previous company called weatheford i worked as a machinist, i learned a lot of different things in machining area as well as fabrication. The management was awesome a great way managing stuff , the co-workers were more friendly like a family and it was an honour to work for weatherford canada.
Rig asstante (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB20 August 2016
Worked there for 12 years excletent place too wor great safety culture.fast past willing to learn and corporate with others.willing to work in remote areas with out supervision
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Slow on work
a great place to work.
gear cutter (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB25 July 2016
everyone was very helpful. co workers came and helped out when you were stuck on a gear. the days were long but all the breaks are paid for. and when you start to learn and get a hang of the job. the job becomes fun and easy.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
commute to work. depending on where you live
Challangling work enviroment
Project Engineer / Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK24 June 2016
Descripting my Career with my ex-firm was full of challenges. This Company took my hand once I joined them as entry positions, enhanced my career with the technical knowledge, I had a wonderful and excited co-worked all full with passion.

The Hardest part of the job is the amount of the pressure we were facing back in the rig site, a very long extensive working hours reached in sometime to more than two days a wake without a single sleep, excessive working schedule of being out of home for more than 2-3 months. but at the end " you get what paid for"
Pros
Excellent Income, Proressive training
Cons
Long Working days
Productive and learned lots
Admin Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB22 June 2016
I learned a lot in this company, there was always some course you could do to learn more about the company and its processes. A typical day was full of laughter and productivity. Always something to do. Great people to work with and for
Pros
great company
Cons
downsizing because of economy