Weatherford Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Middle East & North Africa - Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Yemen, Africa, PNG, Turkey, Mauratania, Houston5 May 2016
I learned many skillsets through the 11 years at weatherford Air drilling UBD operations MPD operations. Management and HR were always very helpful with all aspects.
Fun and new
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB7 April 2016
Good company to work for. very freindly good benefits. not one complaint about weatherford at all. when the oil was doing good all the hours you could ask for. i learned a lot of new things that i never thought i would learn in my life.
Pros
free lunches and benifits
Cons
when oil was good super long hours
Weatherford
machine operator/forklift (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB6 April 2016
Working with Weatherford was a privilege, I've learned a lot working with Weatherford, taught me how work in Oil Industry, gave me courage to face other Oil Industry and gave me knowledge working on CNC Machines, operate overhead cranes, forklifts. Working with Co-workers in Weatherford was a little bit hard because of others cultures but for a awhile, made friends and made my work a lot easier because of their kind to help others with work problems. the most enjoyable part of my job is that i got to learn new things with cross-training on different tasks.
good company to work for
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Virginia13 March 2016
Really good company to work for. Looks after there worker and makes sure there worker are well trained and informed about work related information.
Pros
excellent equipment
Cons
lack of management
A typical day at work
Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 March 2016
The day usually starts off with a meeting reviewing the details of the previous shift after which a walk round is done to make sure all equipment's are in good working order. During the day, maintenance on equipment's are done as necessary.

During the job, i learn to be time conscious and also pay attention to details. the co-workers are very helpful and they do not hesitate to answer or ask questions if need be.
Great salaries, safety orientated and a good place to work
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 February 2016
In general a good place to work. as a Millwright a typical day I will check that everything is working properly, check for work orders and apply maintenance and repairs to what is needed, good people as co-workers and management.
Pros
Great salaries, safety orientated and a good place to work
Cons
dealing whit the up's and down's of the oil prices affecting job security
Great group
Drilling Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 January 2016
This was a fun company to work for, with a great team.
I learned how to design well plans for many different well types.
It was a great learning experience.
horrible
operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer County, AB16 January 2016
worked there for 5 years got passed up for a promotion 4 of those five years to people who were hired long after i had worked there, only reason was my manager said i was to young for the position. Even though eveyone else in the shop vouched for me saying i was better at the job than anyone else. lowest paying wireline company compared to any other employees from other companies i talked to. no loyalty all you are is just a number to them. no issues laying off people the first sign of work slowing down.
Pros
one time they gave us a safeway gift card for christmas.
Cons
horrible managers, worn down equipment, talk a big safety game but as soon as its expensive or inconvienent safety goes away really fast.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 January 2016
Management was awesome, great people to work with. The salary and benefits were amazing. And the support I got when I had family illnesses was amazing.
Productive and fun place to work
MWD Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Various locations8 January 2016
Productive and fun place to work. Get to see a lot of different places. The hardest part of the job is being away from home almost always.
Pros
Can make lots of money
Cons
Long hours. Always away from home.
Great place with great people
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 January 2016
I have worked most of career for Weatherford and i found great friends and experience from this company. The company allowed me to do many different jobs in various fields and allowed me to see parts of the world I never expected to see.
They'll Run you to your bones
Wireline Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SK26 December 2015
Crooked company proven to be corrupted
Only focused on investors
They'll expect you to be able to work after days without sleep
They'll never take responsibility on their actions
I fired the company for their low ethics and profesionalism
Pros
Good mates
Cons
Money
Worst wireline manager in the oil patch, hands down.
Former field employee (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB11 December 2015
Open hole manager only likes and plays favorites to whomever laughs at his humor. Has faithfull followers but they do it to keep their jobs not out of respect or honour. Old manager should of never left, current one is an incompetent clown.
Pros
N/A
Cons
OH Manager
Great place to work. great guys to work with
Shop technician (Former Employee) –  AB26 November 2015
service drill equipment ,put tools away, unload and return tools from customers. Fill orders keep the shop clean. pick up parts do a bit of welding some days.
Good Salary but poor leadership
HR (Former Employee) –  Alberta16 November 2015
Salary was competitive but the work environment was poor. Management not concerned with development of non-managerial employees.
Policies and procedures not documented well.
Very few team building events
Poor communication
Pros
Salary
Cons
Benefits, Uninterested Management, Poor documentation of Policies and Procedures, Lack of communication
Great place to learn.
Senior Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2015
Great place to work if you are new in the industry and a great opportunity to learn. Politics is relatively high. Salary is not competitive although benefits packages are decent.
it is a good place to work, if you enjoy a life away from home.
Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB28 September 2015
The Job is a great one to have, people were great, I have learned a great deal about the meaning the job tittle. Unfortunenly the 3 week on, one week off schedule did not work well with me and my spouse. A two week out, one week home would be more suitable for us if applicable.
Pros
Camp, long hours, over time, good paycheck
Cons
3 weeks out.
enjoyable work
Directional Drilling Supervisor Trainee (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 September 2015
long hors work under pressure as a trainee, I learned may things and enjoyed it.best experience ever had.
it was a job I liked for long-time.
Pros
good bonuses
Cons
times goes fast by beeing busy all the time
really good enviroment
GM (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 September 2015
great company to work with . everything is offered and there is lots to learn. co workers are really polite . the most enjoyable part of work is being outside most of the time
A New Side of the Oilfield
Directional Driller (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB2 September 2015
A new side of the oil field from applying the work on the rig to deciding what work needs to be done and how the project would be conducted.
As a Directional Field Supervisor there was a large amount of responsibility on me but with the help of field and office staff the projects were always completed safely and on time.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Away from home a lot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weatherford. Our community is ready to answer.