Weatherford Employee Reviews in Canada

Rig asstante (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, ABAugust 20, 2016
Worked there for 12 years excletent place too wor great safety culture.fast past willing to learn and corporate with others.willing to work in remote areas with out supervision
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Slow on work
a great place to work.
gear cutter (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABJuly 25, 2016
everyone was very helpful. co workers came and helped out when you were stuck on a gear. the days were long but all the breaks are paid for. and when you start to learn and get a hang of the job. the job becomes fun and easy.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
commute to work. depending on where you live
Productive and learned lots
Admin Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABJune 22, 2016
I learned a lot in this company, there was always some course you could do to learn more about the company and its processes. A typical day was full of laughter and productivity. Always something to do. Great people to work with and for
Pros
great company
Cons
downsizing because of economy
Poor business culture.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Canada, AlbertaJune 16, 2016
The environment is very disorganized and quite mismanaged. The majority of management lacks basic understanding of values of business processes. Politically challenged environment. Poor business culture. All major decisions are driven by politics and careers. "The ladder is very crowded" at the top. Teams at the bottom of the "food chain" are pleasure to work with. A lot of talented people.
Pros
Good Benefits. There are many tallented people
Cons
Politcally challenged and is not looking forward environment. Mismanaged.
Excellent management team!
Field Sales and Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABJune 16, 2016
Some short days, and some really long days. You could go out in the morning, release a packer, and be home by noon. Other days you go out on a Monday and return on a Wednesday with no sleep. Hardest part of the job would be long strenuous hours, however on the flip side you could be out on location for a day before you were even needed. Great group of people in both the field and the office.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long hours, and stressful work at times
friendly co workers
Cnc machining (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 9, 2016
it was good working environmental i learned a lot about cnc machining management was ok only problem was for layed off because of oil prices gone down thats the ply part i don't like
Good Challenge
SWT Field Supervisor- (Current Employee) –  QAMay 14, 2016
I start 5:30 am prepare my self
go to open work permit
prepare location for work
i have aparofessional team
and start Rig Up the equipment this is the hard part
and the most enjoyable time is at operation time when we start the well for testing
Pros
Meal Allowence
Cons
some times long hours
Productive and fun loving team
Software Tester/Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 9, 2016
Challenging work along with fun. The team was so helpful. Learned better way of doing things. Company was awesome. Good salary and benefits. The management understood their employees values and problems.
Great work environment
Middle East & North Africa - Senior Operator (Former Employee) –  Yemen, Africa, PNG, Turkey, Mauratania, HoustonMay 5, 2016
I learned many skillsets through the 11 years at weatherford Air drilling UBD operations MPD operations. Management and HR were always very helpful with all aspects.
Fun and new
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Bonnyville, ABApril 7, 2016
Good company to work for. very freindly good benefits. not one complaint about weatherford at all. when the oil was doing good all the hours you could ask for. i learned a lot of new things that i never thought i would learn in my life.
Pros
free lunches and benifits
Cons
when oil was good super long hours
Weatherford
machine operator/forklift (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABApril 6, 2016
Working with Weatherford was a privilege, I've learned a lot working with Weatherford, taught me how work in Oil Industry, gave me courage to face other Oil Industry and gave me knowledge working on CNC Machines, operate overhead cranes, forklifts. Working with Co-workers in Weatherford was a little bit hard because of others cultures but for a awhile, made friends and made my work a lot easier because of their kind to help others with work problems. the most enjoyable part of my job is that i got to learn new things with cross-training on different tasks.
good company to work for
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaMarch 13, 2016
Really good company to work for. Looks after there worker and makes sure there worker are well trained and informed about work related information.
Pros
excellent equipment
Cons
lack of management
A typical day at work
Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 12, 2016
The day usually starts off with a meeting reviewing the details of the previous shift after which a walk round is done to make sure all equipment's are in good working order. During the day, maintenance on equipment's are done as necessary.

During the job, i learn to be time conscious and also pay attention to details. the co-workers are very helpful and they do not hesitate to answer or ask questions if need be.
horrible
operator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer County, ABJanuary 16, 2016
worked there for 5 years got passed up for a promotion 4 of those five years to people who were hired long after i had worked there, only reason was my manager said i was to young for the position. Even though eveyone else in the shop vouched for me saying i was better at the job than anyone else. lowest paying wireline company compared to any other employees from other companies i talked to. no loyalty all you are is just a number to them. no issues laying off people the first sign of work slowing down.
Pros
one time they gave us a safeway gift card for christmas.
Cons
horrible managers, worn down equipment, talk a big safety game but as soon as its expensive or inconvienent safety goes away really fast.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 11, 2016
Management was awesome, great people to work with. The salary and benefits were amazing. And the support I got when I had family illnesses was amazing.
Productive and fun place to work
MWD Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Various locationsJanuary 8, 2016
Productive and fun place to work. Get to see a lot of different places. The hardest part of the job is being away from home almost always.
Pros
Can make lots of money
Cons
Long hours. Always away from home.
Great place with great people
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 1, 2016
I have worked most of career for Weatherford and i found great friends and experience from this company. The company allowed me to do many different jobs in various fields and allowed me to see parts of the world I never expected to see.
They'll Run you to your bones
Wireline Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Estevan, SKDecember 26, 2015
Crooked company proven to be corrupted
Only focused on investors
They'll expect you to be able to work after days without sleep
They'll never take responsibility on their actions
I fired the company for their low ethics and profesionalism
Pros
Good mates
Cons
Money
Worst wireline manager in the oil patch, hands down.
Former field employee (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, ABDecember 11, 2015
Open hole manager only likes and plays favorites to whomever laughs at his humor. Has faithfull followers but they do it to keep their jobs not out of respect or honour. Old manager should of never left, current one is an incompetent clown.
Pros
N/A
Cons
OH Manager
Great place to work. great guys to work with
Shop technician (Former Employee) –  ABNovember 26, 2015
service drill equipment ,put tools away, unload and return tools from customers. Fill orders keep the shop clean. pick up parts do a bit of welding some days.