Weatherford Employee Reviews

Good company
Manager Data Center Operations Canada (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2017
I like working for Weatherford. Unfortunately the downturn in the economy has hit us pretty hard. Layoffs globally have really hurt morale. Hopefully the downturn is over and business picks up.
Good
Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB6 July 2017
Great experience working with this company. Learned a lot of skills and had tons of free training. Overall a good company, too bad times got tough....
Pros
Free Lunch's / Paid training / Safety first attitude
Cons
Fun place with pretty relaxed atmosphere.
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 June 2017
The work culture is pretty awesome and the environment is really firendly. The IT management has been great and cooperative. Everyone helps each other. The working hours are pretty flexible.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Roughneck (Former Employee) –  Provost, AB29 May 2017
If your willing to work long days
Good befits
Great safety courses
Great coworkers

If i ever get the chance to work there again i be there in a heartbeat
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long days
really enjoyed working here
Welder (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB15 May 2017
Boss was easy to get along with, pay was great, I really enjoyed the work I was doing, benefits were top notch plus there were other perks to being an empolyee
Pros
type of work, the people, pay, benefits
Don't Waste your precious years on this company.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 April 2017
Horrible management....blind leading a blind. If know someone and like butter up to better advance your career by all means this is a great place to work for. Present quote of the company is " You are fortunate to have a job". That includes no shift differential, 10% wage roll back, as they state about rrsp ...present that's been taken away and no overtime. If some accident happens, you going for drug test and suspension on top of it.. while investigation hasn't been finalized. IF it was faulty equipment by all means its safety ..... but after a while nothing happen to rectify the problem because company has no money to invest back. I am surprised how this company manages to keep afloat....research there financial record since its publicly traded company. Good luck hope you make rite decision for you career.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Be prepared to give it back.
adminisration
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB19 April 2017
loved my job , customer service, duties included create buyouts, purchase orders, sales orders answering phone calls and create packing slips for customers to be signed also email the customers to receive a signed copy back.
Great Company!
Senior Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hibernia Platform - Offshore NL3 April 2017
Great organization who seems to always put the employee first. I have learned how to be a better person, both to my co-workers and at home. I am a strong believer in family first and Weatherford is as well.
Pros
Management very approachable
its a big company
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2017
As it is common knowledge that a lot of politics is involved in the mechanisms in such big organizations. As such the challenges are large in numbers and highly divers so luck plays a major role
was a good company but been away 10 years so a lot has changed
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB27 February 2017
was a fast growing company that was exciting to be part of.
they have had lots of changes in last 10 years and what I know about it now is only through media and heresy.
A Dead-End Job
Apprentice mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB22 February 2017
Workplace was noisy, dirty and dangerous; no regard given to worker safety. Shift supervisor spent all day on his Blackberry, occasionally arriving to ask, "Are you done yet?" Co-worker allegiances are very necessary to survive in this disorganized jungle. Very easy to get injured. Changing room facility is cramped and dirty. Distrust of low-level employees by management. No opportunity for advancement.
Pros
No overtime hours required
Cons
No praise offered, ever
Excellent Training
Global Training and Development (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 February 2017
Very good onboarding program; Competency Training was a key aspect along with an excellent safety record. Unfortunately, upper management was lacking or unable to overcome the massive growth thereby assuming a very large debt that will be their undoing.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
This industry moves with the tides, up and down.
everyday learning with great people
Inventory/Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB & Gibbons, AB4 January 2017
i have been lucky to have great managers that helped me learn and continued to challenge me.
going to work was not a chore, i enjoyed my time with Weatherford learning new skills and seeing different application's of the industry.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
allways under pressure
Learned so much from this job in the 4 years I was there.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB29 December 2016
A very awesome place to work everyone was there to help you if needed. Loved going to work there.Learned so much from this job in the 4 years I was there.
Pros
everything
Greta company
Production Control Group Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 December 2016
Weatherford provided me with the ability to learn and gain knowledge in many different areas within the company in order to succeed in my roles. The day to day work loads were managed and completed within a team environment.
was a nice clean place to work
cnc operaror (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 December 2016
wok days were good learned many different jobs and processes over the 16 years management changed to often the hardest part off the job was nowing what the new management wanted
Pros
good benenfits
Cons
management changes
Not a good place to hang your hat.
Plant Manufacturing Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 November 2016
This oil company is not stable at this time. Management is fickle and can not be counted on during tough economic conditions. Stay away from this company.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Unreliable
Production and Machine Operator
Production Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 October 2016
Continuously Learning
Right on Time
Present of mind before hand
Safety (JHA,L.O.T.O, WHMIS,Toolbox meeting)
Co-workers are nice and friendly
The most enjoyable part of my job is, I perfectly made my production in good quality as our customer wanted for the products.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Full-time
Safe and good place to work.
Journeyman Machinist (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB6 October 2016
Worked for Weatherford for 14 years. Changed so many locations to work with in Weatherford in 14 years. Learnt so much and got a really good experience being a lead hand and supervisor. Management in the end of my period was not good. I enjoyed working here a lot when I had good and friendly management and bosses.
Pros
Free lunches. Safety rewards
Cons
Poor management in year 2013-2014
A fun place to be and to work for
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2016
In my previous company called weatheford i worked as a machinist, i learned a lot of different things in machining area as well as fabrication. The management was awesome a great way managing stuff , the co-workers were more friendly like a family and it was an honour to work for weatherford canada.