Weatherford

Weatherford Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great People
Receptionist/Admin (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: too much food
Answer the phone and greet clients and above all a great way to interact all levels of personnel.

I have learnt a fair amount about myself and what my capabilities are and ultimately how eager I am to develop new skill sets as well as to build one my current ones.

Co-workers are fantastic.
A company that encourage career advancement and opportunities
QHSSE Regional Trainer (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 2, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: long hours
I have been with Weatherford for over 11 years. The company has helped me to grow my career and taught me how to be a leader in my role and in my career. I enjoy Weatherford and the people there and if it werent for family in Kelowna I would probably stay.
Must be a slave to work here
Stage Tool Operator/ General Labour (Temp) (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 20, 2014
Pros: co-workers are nice
Cons: everything, no stability, pay is low, no benefits, treat you bad unless you are a permanent employee
Not impressed at all. They let me go because I was a girl but they cannot legally say that because they know they will be sued. They rave about safety 24/7 but as soon as you tell them your shoulder hurts they will let you go because you are then a liability and they don't want to lose money.

7000 employees got laid off this year. I would not recommend – more... this unstable company to anyone. – less
Technical Service Coordinator
Technical Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 2, 2014
Pros: troubleshooting
Cons: long hours and no overtime compensation
This was my first job in the Drilling Industry. I really enjoyed the exposure to new technology and challenges to maintain good client relations. I learned a lot about mechanical, hydraulic and motion control systems. The work environment was great. While there were challenges between different departments everyone worked together to solve the challenges – more... of the company. The hardest part of the job was troubleshooting equipment failures (this was also one of the most enjoyable parts of the job). Extremely long hours in remote locations with not overtime compensation. With Electrical, Mechanical, Control System, Hydraulic, Programming and Telecommunication all wrapped up into on piece of equipment. The experience I gained from the troubleshooting was impeccable. – less
Awesome team
Wellhead Service Tech II (Former Employee), Fort St John, BCFebruary 7, 2014
Great job oppurtinity to grow, management was awesome team worked well together
Awsome Place to work,Not very good pay
Wireline Operator (Former Employee), Whitecourt, ABFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: hotels when away from home
Cons: long hours little pay
On shop days went to shop for 8:30,worked till 12 doing odd jobs around the shop such as servicing tools between coffee breaks, came back around 1 worked till 2:30 doing the same sort of things than went home

On Job days went in for the time we were told to be there, drove to site, worked till job was done, drove back to shop, serviced tools and cleaned – more... truck than went home – less
good workplace
Payroll Administrator (Contract) (Former Employee), Downtown, CalgaryJanuary 19, 2014
handle insquiries from many employees, fast-pace and pressure
...
Swamper (Former Employee), Macklin, SKAugust 19, 2013
the guidelines weren't clear on what they wanted. they needed to know to much about my home life.
Executive Management
Canada Operations (Former Employee), AlbertaJune 19, 2013
Executive leadership is taking steps to re-structure the most senior members of management which achieved unprecedented growth over the last 5-10 years.

Qualified, senior and capable managers have been replaced or have left the organization. These key positions are being back-filled with lower cost people with no track record of success, real life – more... experience and/or education.

The culture, morale and loyalty has been severely damaged. – less
Was your home away from home
CUSTOMER SERVICE/INSIDE SALES (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMay 22, 2013
Loved working there. Was my second family. My days were very busy with transfers . My supervisor was awesome and I was able to go to her with any concerns.
productive, fun enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), edmonton, ABMay 17, 2013
Pros: always on time
Cons: cannot do overtime, have a child.
hard working individual with geat and positive attitude. found it to be a wonderful experince and it gave me a positive outlook on what i want to do in the future.
Very poor management
Machinist (Former Employee), Nisku AlbertaMay 9, 2013
Cons: too many to list.
Very poor management, low shop morale, lies and deception. Not a good company at all.
Don't waste your time with Weatherford
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 30, 2013
Pros: nothing
Cons: worst managers ever
The most horrible managment I have ever encountered.
Quality control is horrible, I feel bad for the customers receiving these stators that are not passable but are sent anyways.

WORST COMPANY EVER
Slow moving
inside sales (Current Employee), albertaApril 4, 2013
good benefits, good work hours,low pay. Great place to learn
Poor organization t
Wireline engineer (Former Employee), AlbertaMarch 10, 2013
Pros: sound training
Cons: poor management
This organization lack good management. They don't care about the developing of employee in terms of growing in the career.
Football
Technician/ Bucking Unit & TRS Field Operator (Former Employee), EgyptOctober 23, 2012
Pros: free breakfast, lunch, dinner, teatime
Cons: 8 hours workshop
I did work at desert and workshop and offshore.
i did learn how to improve my self and carry on.
Bad management.
Technician
Lab Technologist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 30, 2012
 Reservoir Engineering Department. Primary core analysis.
 Quality Control. Porosity and Permeability Determination (P&P).
Going downhill
HD Mechanic Apprentice 3rd year (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 20, 2012
Pros: obey most ahs regulations
Cons: everything else
Company is very top heavy with approx. 1 manager/supervisor per worker, each with a different objective. This leads to to many crossed wires with all the blame resting soley on the workers.
Entire crew has quit on at least three occasions. Management begged the few of us that chose to stay to not leave. Later, they changed their mind and decided to – more... 'restructure' our division and lay everyone off.
This isn't even an atypical experience. Avoid if you like job security. – less

September 28, 2012

AS a former PCP Strathcona Employee I am very agree with this coments.

great company and work culture
Global Service Line Technical Advisor (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJune 27, 2012
Pros: great working environment
Cons: a bit disorganized sometimes
great company to work for, a bit laid back, great work culture
Great company, poor management
Electronic Technician (Current Employee), Alice, TXSeptember 14, 2014
Long hours, Poor training no advancement for any maintenance type employees

1 2 3 4 5

About Weatherford

Weatherford International can weather the natural and economic storms that affect the oil and gas market. The company, which is – Read more