Weatherford Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Great work environment
Middle East & North Africa - Senior Operator (Former Employee), Yemen, Africa, PNG, Turkey, Mauratania, HoustonMay 5, 2016
I learned many skillsets through the 11 years at weatherford Air drilling UBD operations MPD operations. Management and HR were always very helpful with all aspects.
Fun and new
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Bonnyville, ABApril 7, 2016
Pros: free lunches and benifits
Cons: when oil was good super long hours
Good company to work for. very freindly good benefits. not one complaint about weatherford at all. when the oil was doing good all the hours you could ask for. i learned a lot of new things that i never thought i would learn in my life.
Weatherford
machine operator/forklift (Former Employee), Nisku, ABApril 6, 2016
Working with Weatherford was a privilege, I've learned a lot working with Weatherford, taught me how work in Oil Industry, gave me courage to face other Oil Industry and gave me knowledge working on CNC Machines, operate overhead cranes, forklifts. Working with Co-workers in Weatherford was a little bit hard because of others cultures but for a awhile, made friends and made my work a lot easier because of their kind to help others with work problems. the most enjoyable part of my job is that i got to learn new things with cross-training on different tasks.
good company to work for
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee), West VirginiaMarch 13, 2016
Pros: excellent equipment
Cons: lack of management
Really good company to work for. Looks after there worker and makes sure there worker are well trained and informed about work related information.
A typical day at work
Field Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 12, 2016
The day usually starts off with a meeting reviewing the details of the previous shift after which a walk round is done to make sure all equipment's are in good working order. During the day, maintenance on equipment's are done as necessary.

During the job, i learn to be time conscious and also pay attention to details. the co-workers are very helpful and they do not hesitate to answer or ask questions if need be.
horrible
operator (Former Employee), Red Deer County, ABJanuary 16, 2016
Pros: one time they gave us a safeway gift card for christmas.
Cons: horrible managers, worn down equipment, talk a big safety game but as soon as its expensive or inconvienent safety goes away really fast.
worked there for 5 years got passed up for a promotion 4 of those five years to people who were hired long after i had worked there, only reason was my manager said i was to young for the position. Even though eveyone else in the shop vouched for me saying i was better at the job than anyone else. lowest paying wireline company compared to any other employees from other companies i talked to. no loyalty all you are is just a number to them. no issues laying off people the first sign of work slowing down.
Administrator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 11, 2016
Management was awesome, great people to work with. The salary and benefits were amazing. And the support I got when I had family illnesses was amazing.
Productive and fun place to work
MWD Field Supervisor (Former Employee), Various locationsJanuary 8, 2016
Pros: Can make lots of money
Cons: Long hours. Always away from home.
Productive and fun place to work. Get to see a lot of different places. The hardest part of the job is being away from home almost always.
Great place with great people
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 1, 2016
I have worked most of career for Weatherford and i found great friends and experience from this company. The company allowed me to do many different jobs in various fields and allowed me to see parts of the world I never expected to see.
They'll Run you to your bones
Wireline Field Engineer (Former Employee), Estevan, SKDecember 26, 2015
Pros: Good mates
Cons: Money
Crooked company proven to be corrupted
Only focused on investors
They'll expect you to be able to work after days without sleep
They'll never take responsibility on their actions
I fired the company for their low ethics and profesionalism
Worst wireline manager in the oil patch, hands down.
Former field employee (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABDecember 11, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: OH Manager
Open hole manager only likes and plays favorites to whomever laughs at his humor. Has faithfull followers but they do it to keep their jobs not out of respect or honour. Old manager should of never left, current one is an incompetent clown.
Great place to work. great guys to work with
Shop technician (Former Employee), ABNovember 26, 2015
service drill equipment ,put tools away, unload and return tools from customers. Fill orders keep the shop clean. pick up parts do a bit of welding some days.
Great place to learn.
Senior Applications Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2015
Great place to work if you are new in the industry and a great opportunity to learn. Politics is relatively high. Salary is not competitive although benefits packages are decent.
it is a good place to work, if you enjoy a life away from home.
Senior Operator (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABSeptember 28, 2015
Pros: Camp, long hours, over time, good paycheck
Cons: 3 weeks out.
The Job is a great one to have, people were great, I have learned a great deal about the meaning the job tittle. Unfortunenly the 3 week on, one week off schedule did not work well with me and my spouse. A two week out, one week home would be more suitable for us if applicable.
really good enviroment
GM (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 6, 2015
great company to work with . everything is offered and there is lots to learn. co workers are really polite . the most enjoyable part of work is being outside most of the time
A New Side of the Oilfield
Directional Driller (Former Employee), Nisku, ABSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: Away from home a lot
A new side of the oil field from applying the work on the rig to deciding what work needs to be done and how the project would be conducted.
As a Directional Field Supervisor there was a large amount of responsibility on me but with the help of field and office staff the projects were always completed safely and on time.
Company with so many technonocrates where one can increase hi knowledge
Field Operator (Former Employee), niskuMay 8, 2015
This is a company where you learn about the emerging technologies as well as improving it. There is also lots of things to do at the company because you would be giving lot of assignments to do
challenging
QC Inspector (Former Employee), alberta canadaMarch 16, 2015
very challenging and productive. lots of quality and manufacturing experience gained . cross training and multi tasking a must and willing to trai nnew employess along with initiative work required
Hard work but with a great crew
Assembler (Former Employee), NiskuMarch 8, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: boring job
At Weatherford Ampscot we assembled pump jacks. My position was to put the crank arms on the gear box and load them onto trucks for shipping. Equipment was heavy but manageable with plenty of cranes and hoists to assist. The job itself was rather boring but the coworkers were great.
Not bad, but could have been better
Stinger Well Head Protection (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMarch 7, 2015
I loved the Weatherford the company, some of the management was a little iffy. I wish i would have stayed actually, but i feel like i had money, time and my health stolen from me.