Weatherford Employee Reviews

Company in Transition
Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 July 2017
Weatherford has been hurt by the downturn in the economy, for sure, but also by a top heavy management team that runs this international corporation as badly as governments run their departments.
Pros
Okay benefits, good group
Cons
pay cutbacks, lack of direction from upper management
Fine
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  pakistan26 July 2017
it was good, i spent time doing clerical tasks, and aiding my managers in their additional undertakings during the day. I had a lot of free time, for the most part there wasn't much going on.
Pros
Lots of free time
Cons
disorgaized
Good company
Manager Data Center Operations Canada (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2017
I like working for Weatherford. Unfortunately the downturn in the economy has hit us pretty hard. Layoffs globally have really hurt morale. Hopefully the downturn is over and business picks up.
Dangerous and difficult work
Well Test Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 July 2017
I worked here for 4 months. During those 4 months I was home for about 6 days, the rest of the time I was working 6 hours from home in the middle of the bush on oil leases. These leases are covered in toxic and explosive gases. We laboured for 14 hours a day and then would have a safety meeting both at the end of the day and the beginning of the day. By the time I got home, there was usually just enough time to microwave a meal and pass out before having to get back up and go back to the lease. The temperature on night shift would drop as low as -50 degrees Celsius, so if you took your gloves off your hand would turn black in a few seconds.
All my coworkers were uneducated and judgemental. My supervisor hadn't even finished high school. I almost died about 30 times.
Pros
Competitive compensation for the work
Cons
Risk death, freezing cold temperatures, uneducated coworkers
Good
Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB6 July 2017
Great experience working with this company. Learned a lot of skills and had tons of free training. Overall a good company, too bad times got tough....
Pros
Free Lunch's / Paid training / Safety first attitude
Cons
Fun place with pretty relaxed atmosphere.
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 June 2017
The work culture is pretty awesome and the environment is really firendly. The IT management has been great and cooperative. Everyone helps each other. The working hours are pretty flexible.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Roughneck (Former Employee) –  Provost, AB29 May 2017
If your willing to work long days
Good befits
Great safety courses
Great coworkers

If i ever get the chance to work there again i be there in a heartbeat
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long days
Great Place To Work
MWD Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB17 May 2017
It was a great place to learn, great place to see the world and a great place to meet a lot of people. It was an overall good experience. Having no schedule sucked but the money more than made up for it.
really enjoyed working here
Welder (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB15 May 2017
Boss was easy to get along with, pay was great, I really enjoyed the work I was doing, benefits were top notch plus there were other perks to being an empolyee
Pros
type of work, the people, pay, benefits
good place
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 April 2017
I liked working here. As a lab assistant, I had worked at many different roles in the company. management was friendly, and the workplace supported education.
Was a productive role in a challenging environment
Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Qatar26 April 2017
Location of my office was in a tough industrial zone - quite a challenge
Was assigned to implement a high level of compliance to company policy.
Good achievement on HR projects and was able to implement complimentary change after a short time.
Enjoyed the challenge
Pros
First role in the upstream oil and gas
Cons
location and management
Don't Waste your precious years on this company.
Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 April 2017
Horrible management....blind leading a blind. If know someone and like butter up to better advance your career by all means this is a great place to work for. Present quote of the company is " You are fortunate to have a job". That includes no shift differential, 10% wage roll back, as they state about rrsp ...present that's been taken away and no overtime. If some accident happens, you going for drug test and suspension on top of it.. while investigation hasn't been finalized. IF it was faulty equipment by all means its safety ..... but after a while nothing happen to rectify the problem because company has no money to invest back. I am surprised how this company manages to keep afloat....research there financial record since its publicly traded company. Good luck hope you make rite decision for you career.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Be prepared to give it back.
adminisration
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB19 April 2017
loved my job , customer service, duties included create buyouts, purchase orders, sales orders answering phone calls and create packing slips for customers to be signed also email the customers to receive a signed copy back.
Challanging job with opprotunity to travel and experience new technology
Senior Operator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 April 2017
This is a company were the staff & management make the work place a great place to work. That being said this job requires a lot of traveling and being away from home especially in the winter months! Permanent full time is tuff now due to budget cuts during break up! very busy in the winter were you may stay in camp or travel the highways going rig to rig...
Pros
Great staff
Cons
long shifts
Great Company!
Senior Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hibernia Platform - Offshore NL3 April 2017
Great organization who seems to always put the employee first. I have learned how to be a better person, both to my co-workers and at home. I am a strong believer in family first and Weatherford is as well.
Pros
Management very approachable
its a big company
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 March 2017
As it is common knowledge that a lot of politics is involved in the mechanisms in such big organizations. As such the challenges are large in numbers and highly divers so luck plays a major role
was a good company but been away 10 years so a lot has changed
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB27 February 2017
was a fast growing company that was exciting to be part of.
they have had lots of changes in last 10 years and what I know about it now is only through media and heresy.
A Dead-End Job
Apprentice mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB22 February 2017
Workplace was noisy, dirty and dangerous; no regard given to worker safety. Shift supervisor spent all day on his Blackberry, occasionally arriving to ask, "Are you done yet?" Co-worker allegiances are very necessary to survive in this disorganized jungle. Very easy to get injured. Changing room facility is cramped and dirty. Distrust of low-level employees by management. No opportunity for advancement.
Pros
No overtime hours required
Cons
No praise offered, ever
Excellent Training
Global Training and Development (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 February 2017
Very good onboarding program; Competency Training was a key aspect along with an excellent safety record. Unfortunately, upper management was lacking or unable to overcome the massive growth thereby assuming a very large debt that will be their undoing.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
This industry moves with the tides, up and down.
Very good people
Directional Drilling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB25 January 2017
They were very understanding and kept me employed through some tough personal times. I have no complaints with my time working with them.