Weatherford Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Weatherford
machine operator/forklift (Former Employee), Nisku, ABApril 6, 2016
Working with Weatherford was a privilege, I've learned a lot working with Weatherford, taught me how work in Oil Industry, gave me courage to face other Oil Industry and gave me knowledge working on CNC Machines, operate overhead cranes, forklifts. Working with Co-workers in Weatherford was a little bit hard because of others cultures but for a awhile, made friends and made my work a lot easier because of their kind to help others with work problems. the most enjoyable part of my job is that i got to learn new things with cross-training on different tasks.
horrible
operator (Former Employee), Red Deer County, ABJanuary 16, 2016
Pros: one time they gave us a safeway gift card for christmas.
Cons: horrible managers, worn down equipment, talk a big safety game but as soon as its expensive or inconvienent safety goes away really fast.
worked there for 5 years got passed up for a promotion 4 of those five years to people who were hired long after i had worked there, only reason was my manager said i was to young for the position. Even though eveyone else in the shop vouched for me saying i was better at the job than anyone else. lowest paying wireline company compared to any other employees from other companies i talked to. no loyalty all you are is just a number to them. no issues laying off people the first sign of work slowing down.
Administrator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 11, 2016
Management was awesome, great people to work with. The salary and benefits were amazing. And the support I got when I had family illnesses was amazing.
Great place to learn.
Senior Applications Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2015
Great place to work if you are new in the industry and a great opportunity to learn. Politics is relatively high. Salary is not competitive although benefits packages are decent.
They'll Run you to your bones
Wireline Field Engineer (Former Employee), Estevan, SKDecember 26, 2015
Pros: Good mates
Cons: Money
Crooked company proven to be corrupted
Only focused on investors
They'll expect you to be able to work after days without sleep
They'll never take responsibility on their actions
I fired the company for their low ethics and profesionalism
good company to work for
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee), West VirginiaMarch 13, 2016
Pros: excellent equipment
Cons: lack of management
Really good company to work for. Looks after there worker and makes sure there worker are well trained and informed about work related information.
Productive and fun place to work
MWD Field Supervisor (Former Employee), Various locationsJanuary 8, 2016
Pros: Can make lots of money
Cons: Long hours. Always away from home.
Productive and fun place to work. Get to see a lot of different places. The hardest part of the job is being away from home almost always.
Great place with great people
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 1, 2016
I have worked most of career for Weatherford and i found great friends and experience from this company. The company allowed me to do many different jobs in various fields and allowed me to see parts of the world I never expected to see.
A typical day at work
Field Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 12, 2016
The day usually starts off with a meeting reviewing the details of the previous shift after which a walk round is done to make sure all equipment's are in good working order. During the day, maintenance on equipment's are done as necessary.

During the job, i learn to be time conscious and also pay attention to details. the co-workers are very helpful and they do not hesitate to answer or ask questions if need be.
it is a good place to work, if you enjoy a life away from home.
Senior Operator (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABSeptember 28, 2015
Pros: Camp, long hours, over time, good paycheck
Cons: 3 weeks out.
The Job is a great one to have, people were great, I have learned a great deal about the meaning the job tittle. Unfortunenly the 3 week on, one week off schedule did not work well with me and my spouse. A two week out, one week home would be more suitable for us if applicable.
Fun and new
Field Service Technician (Current Employee), Bonnyville, ABApril 7, 2016
Pros: free lunches and benifits
Cons: when oil was good super long hours
Good company to work for. very freindly good benefits. not one complaint about weatherford at all. when the oil was doing good all the hours you could ask for. i learned a lot of new things that i never thought i would learn in my life.
Great work environment
Middle East & North Africa - Senior Operator (Former Employee), Yemen, Africa, PNG, Turkey, Mauratania, HoustonMay 5, 2016
I learned many skillsets through the 11 years at weatherford Air drilling UBD operations MPD operations. Management and HR were always very helpful with all aspects.
Worst wireline manager in the oil patch, hands down.
Former field employee (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABDecember 11, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: OH Manager
Open hole manager only likes and plays favorites to whomever laughs at his humor. Has faithfull followers but they do it to keep their jobs not out of respect or honour. Old manager should of never left, current one is an incompetent clown.
Great place to work. great guys to work with
Shop technician (Former Employee), ABNovember 26, 2015
service drill equipment ,put tools away, unload and return tools from customers. Fill orders keep the shop clean. pick up parts do a bit of welding some days.
A New Side of the Oilfield
Directional Driller (Former Employee), Nisku, ABSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: Away from home a lot
A new side of the oil field from applying the work on the rig to deciding what work needs to be done and how the project would be conducted.
As a Directional Field Supervisor there was a large amount of responsibility on me but with the help of field and office staff the projects were always completed safely and on time.
Technical Service Coordinator
Technical Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 2, 2014
Pros: troubleshooting
Cons: long hours and no overtime compensation
This was my first job in the Drilling Industry. I really enjoyed the exposure to new technology and challenges to maintain good client relations. I learned a lot about mechanical, hydraulic and motion control systems. The work environment was great. While there were challenges between different departments everyone worked together to solve the challenges of the company. The hardest part of the job was troubleshooting equipment failures (this was also one of the most enjoyable parts of the job). Extremely long hours in remote locations with not overtime compensation. With Electrical, Mechanical, Control System, Hydraulic, Programming and Telecommunication all wrapped up into on piece of equipment. The experience I gained from the troubleshooting was impeccable.
really good enviroment
GM (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 6, 2015
great company to work with . everything is offered and there is lots to learn. co workers are really polite . the most enjoyable part of work is being outside most of the time
Decent place to work with advancement opportunities, but has a disfunctional management system.
Operator (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: some decent people to work with and decent pay
Cons: screwed up management that has bad favoritism.
During my time at Weatherford I had some good times and bad. The first few weeks were full of training and safety orientation and quite boring, but the start of most jobs are. After that I spent a couple of weeks in the shop with the other new guys learning and maintaining equipment. I enjoyed it very much and liked the people I worked with, but it slowly started to go downhill. Once I got in the field I worked with a racist crew and requested to be placed with another one but the manager refused me and said "You go where I say you go" and "I do not believe they are racist since I am friends with them". This is when I realized the company had severe favoritism and I decided to quit. If you enjoy hard work qnd don't care about the management then this is the perfect company for you. (I had hours of discussions with the trainers about the management system and they said it was like this for the past couple of years, so my desicion to quiy was not based off 1 event)
Going downhill
HD Mechanic Apprentice 3rd year (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABAugust 20, 2012
Pros: obey most ahs regulations
Cons: everything else
Company is very top heavy with approx. 1 manager/supervisor per worker, each with a different objective. This leads to to many crossed wires with all the blame resting soley on the workers.
Entire crew has quit on at least three occasions. Management begged the few of us that chose to stay to not leave. Later, they changed their mind and decided to 'restructure' our division and lay everyone off.
This isn't even an atypical experience. Avoid if you like job security.

September 28, 2012

AS a former PCP Strathcona Employee I am very agree with this coments.

Hard work but with a great crew
Assembler (Former Employee), NiskuMarch 8, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: boring job
At Weatherford Ampscot we assembled pump jacks. My position was to put the crank arms on the gear box and load them onto trucks for shipping. Equipment was heavy but manageable with plenty of cranes and hoists to assist. The job itself was rather boring but the coworkers were great.