Weatherford

Weatherford Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
horrible
operator (Former Employee), Red Deer County, ABJanuary 16, 2016
Pros: one time they gave us a safeway gift card for christmas.
Cons: horrible managers, worn down equipment, talk a big safety game but as soon as its expensive or inconvienent safety goes away really fast.
worked there for 5 years got passed up for a promotion 4 of those five years to people who were hired long after i had worked there, only reason was my manager said i was to young for the position. Even though eveyone else in the shop vouched for me saying i was better at the job than anyone else. lowest paying wireline company compared to any other employees from other companies i talked to. no loyalty all you are is just a number to them. no issues laying off people the first sign of work slowing down.
Administrator (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 11, 2016
Management was awesome, great people to work with. The salary and benefits were amazing. And the support I got when I had family illnesses was amazing.
Productive and fun place to work
MWD Field Supervisor (Former Employee), Various locationsJanuary 8, 2016
Pros: Can make lots of money
Cons: Long hours. Always away from home.
Productive and fun place to work. Get to see a lot of different places. The hardest part of the job is being away from home almost always.
Great place with great people
Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 1, 2016
I have worked most of career for Weatherford and i found great friends and experience from this company. The company allowed me to do many different jobs in various fields and allowed me to see parts of the world I never expected to see.
They'll Run you to your bones
Wireline Field Engineer (Former Employee), Estevan, SKDecember 26, 2015
Pros: Good mates
Cons: Money
Crooked company proven to be corrupted
Only focused on investors
They'll expect you to be able to work after days without sleep
They'll never take responsibility on their actions
I fired the company for their low ethics and profesionalism
Worst wireline manager in the oil patch, hands down.
Former field employee (Former Employee), Sherwood Park, ABDecember 11, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: OH Manager
Open hole manager only likes and plays favorites to whomever laughs at his humor. Has faithfull followers but they do it to keep their jobs not out of respect or honour. Old manager should of never left, current one is an incompetent clown.
Great place to work. great guys to work with
Shop technician (Former Employee), ABNovember 26, 2015
service drill equipment ,put tools away, unload and return tools from customers. Fill orders keep the shop clean. pick up parts do a bit of welding some days.
Great place to learn.
Senior Applications Engineer (Former Employee), Calgary, ABNovember 9, 2015
Great place to work if you are new in the industry and a great opportunity to learn. Politics is relatively high. Salary is not competitive although benefits packages are decent.
it is a good place to work, if you enjoy a life away from home.
Senior Operator (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABSeptember 28, 2015
Pros: Camp, long hours, over time, good paycheck
Cons: 3 weeks out.
The Job is a great one to have, people were great, I have learned a great deal about the meaning the job tittle. Unfortunenly the 3 week on, one week off schedule did not work well with me and my spouse. A two week out, one week home would be more suitable for us if applicable.
really good enviroment
GM (Former Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 6, 2015
great company to work with . everything is offered and there is lots to learn. co workers are really polite . the most enjoyable part of work is being outside most of the time
A New Side of the Oilfield
Directional Driller (Former Employee), Nisku, ABSeptember 2, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: Away from home a lot
A new side of the oil field from applying the work on the rig to deciding what work needs to be done and how the project would be conducted.
As a Directional Field Supervisor there was a large amount of responsibility on me but with the help of field and office staff the projects were always completed safely and on time.
Company with so many technonocrates where one can increase hi knowledge
Field Operator (Former Employee), niskuMay 8, 2015
This is a company where you learn about the emerging technologies as well as improving it. There is also lots of things to do at the company because you would be giving lot of assignments to do
challenging
QC Inspector (Former Employee), alberta canadaMarch 16, 2015
very challenging and productive. lots of quality and manufacturing experience gained . cross training and multi tasking a must and willing to trai nnew employess along with initiative work required
Hard work but with a great crew
Assembler (Former Employee), NiskuMarch 8, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: boring job
At Weatherford Ampscot we assembled pump jacks. My position was to put the crank arms on the gear box and load them onto trucks for shipping. Equipment was heavy but manageable with plenty of cranes and hoists to assist. The job itself was rather boring but the coworkers were great.
Not bad, but could have been better
Stinger Well Head Protection (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABMarch 7, 2015
I loved the Weatherford the company, some of the management was a little iffy. I wish i would have stayed actually, but i feel like i had money, time and my health stolen from me.
Good compnay
Principal Geoscientist (Global Products Manager) (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: no stress
Cons: communication
• Provided expertise for Geoscience, research and development team in term of Imaging and Geological applications.
• Built advanced answer products and introduce it to internal sales and external clients.
• Develop brochure and identify sales strategy for advanced integrated solutions.
• Built and presented geology business strategy and answer products for internal stake holders.
• Interact with different team members when required as well as with experts in operations and R&D for wireline, LWD, SLS and Labs.
• Work closely with the petrophysical software team to define the requirements for new software platform. Provide guidance on design specifications, workflow and functionalities.
• Identify and take action on hardware and software issues, new technologies and techniques, future areas of interest for development.
• Play an active leading role in Automated & Value Added Image Analysis and the feasibility studies.
• Initiate the development of quantitative analysis of boundaries, fractures, and textures analysis
• Provide technical expertise to WFT petroleum consulting teams in all regions.
• Identify techniques to integrate various logging and lab measurements to generate comprehensive answer products.
• Document the processes, workflow and results and communicate them internally and externally as required through training seminars and courses.
• Participate in internal and external forums and publicize new techniques and technology.
• Provide software training for geological applications for Petroleum consulting analysts.
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to maximize – more... the benefits to the company customers
• Coaching a new hired geologists and building their professional development career – less
Decent place to work with advancement opportunities, but has a disfunctional management system.
Operator (Former Employee), Grande Prairie, ABFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: some decent people to work with and decent pay
Cons: screwed up management that has bad favoritism.
During my time at Weatherford I had some good times and bad. The first few weeks were full of training and safety orientation and quite boring, but the start of most jobs are. After that I spent a couple of weeks in the shop with the other new guys learning and maintaining equipment. I enjoyed it very much and liked the people I worked with, but it slowly started to go downhill. Once I got in the field I worked with a racist crew and requested to be placed with another one but the manager refused me and said "You go where I say you go" and "I do not believe they are racist since I am friends with them". This is when I realized the company had severe favoritism and I decided to quit. If you enjoy hard work qnd don't care about the management then this is the perfect company for you. (I had hours of discussions with the trainers about the management system and they said it was like this for the past couple of years, so my desicion to quiy was not based off 1 event)
A fairly good place to work
Quality Assurance Inspector II & NCR Specialist (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 29, 2015
A typical day at work would be routine.
Learned much about PDM pipes.
Management was not what I expected.
Co-workers very diversified.
Lots to learn in a short period of time - challenging.
Believed in safety, very reassuring and educational.
Lots of learning and fun place
Senior Field Specialist (Former Employee), Calgary, ABJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: safety concious, encourage team work
Cons: sometimes only a few hours notice was given before the job.
This was my first job in Canada. Really enjoyed the experience and had awesome team to work with. Would have continued my service happily, if it was not for the school.
Great People
Receptionist/Admin (Current Employee), Calgary, ABSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: the pay
Cons: too much food
Answer the phone and greet clients and above all a great way to interact all levels of personnel.

I have learnt a fair amount about myself and what my capabilities are and ultimately how eager I am to develop new skill sets as well as to build one my current ones.

Co-workers are fantastic.