Weatherford Employee Review

Technical Service Coordinator
Technical Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 April 2014
This was my first job in the Drilling Industry. I really enjoyed the exposure to new technology and challenges to maintain good client relations. I learned a lot about mechanical, hydraulic and motion control systems. The work environment was great. While there were challenges between different departments everyone worked together to solve the challenges of the company. The hardest part of the job was troubleshooting equipment failures (this was also one of the most enjoyable parts of the job). Extremely long hours in remote locations with not overtime compensation. With Electrical, Mechanical, Control System, Hydraulic, Programming and Telecommunication all wrapped up into on piece of equipment. The experience I gained from the troubleshooting was impeccable.
Pros
Troubleshooting
Cons
long hours and no overtime compensation

Other Weatherford Employee Reviews

unstable
Rig Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provost, AB20 November 2017
This company seemed okay at first. I was told I would be full time with a schedule. Once I started the hours were very sparse. They didn't have much work, but when it got busy it was ok. Money would have been ok if hours were there.
Pros
decent wages
Cons
unreliable for working hours
Weatherford
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB23 October 2017
Weatherford is an International company, and that is how it is run. I love the small community that I work in, however the overall direction of the company seems to get lost in translation. That being said, benefits and RRSP contributions are great as well as 3 weeks paid vacation starting.