Weatherford Employee Reviews

Excellent experience
Site Coordinator and Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sindh8 February 2018
I started my career at this company. Excellent management and incentives. I also had potential for job advancement. The colleges were also nice, helping and mentoring. I learned how to accomplish work safely.
weatherford
Mechanical/Construction Superintendent (Former Employee) –  international locations6 February 2018
I had vast responsibilities there as construction supt as well as field service supt. I am in contact with great personnel there and will continue to do so
Pros
lots of responsibility
Cons
Iraq 2010 was not a nice place to be
Keeping employees happy...
Operator I (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB27 January 2018
When i worked for Weatherford the feeling i had was a professional understanding and safe feeling when i worked with the company making sure that everyone had proper training for each job. Proper safety training as well. The hardest part of the job was installing all the high pressured lines.. and maintain focus during night time making sure all the instruments were working properly. The most enjoyable thing about the job wads traveling to different parts of the country meeting new people.
Productive and great work environment
Team Lead Billings Department (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 January 2018
The people and environment were awesome,enjoyed my job
meeting deadlines was very demanding but very rewarding when achieved
i would still be there if not for the economical downturn which of course lead to the layoffs, which was my case
I learned how to become a good manager with respect from my staff
Had great repor with the sales and field departments
Pros
good salary and benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2018
Always perform the best you can and enjoy while working. During peak season, there are lots of Overtime, so take advantage of it. Benefits are great too especially the RRSP company matching.
Weatherford
Operator (Former Employee) –  Canada8 January 2018
They are a run of the mill oilfield employer. Pay is ok. Treatment is ok. Lots of great guys in the company. Everyone makes you feel welcome and valued.
Your just a number
Casing Jack Operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB11 December 2017
Throw you under the bus when its convenient and lay you off when they crunch your number. There pretty much working bankrupt right now as we speak so you will never have secure-meant.
Pros
used to be free lunches
Cons
dont care
typical day
Senior OPe (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB4 December 2017
Arrive at shop perform pre trip inspection on line truck. Drive to location. Safety meeting. Spot truck perform job rig out return to base. Wash unit.
unstable
Rig Assistant (Former Employee) –  Provost, AB20 November 2017
This company seemed okay at first. I was told I would be full time with a schedule. Once I started the hours were very sparse. They didn't have much work, but when it got busy it was ok. Money would have been ok if hours were there.
Pros
decent wages
Cons
unreliable for working hours
Weatherford
Administrative Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB23 October 2017
Weatherford is an International company, and that is how it is run. I love the small community that I work in, however the overall direction of the company seems to get lost in translation. That being said, benefits and RRSP contributions are great as well as 3 weeks paid vacation starting.
Dirty, Dangerous, Disorganized
Apprentice mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bonnyville, AB20 September 2017
The workshop floor was completely disorganized; equipment was broken or damaged; the shift manager strolled around all day absorbed in his Crackberry. A typical day started at 7:00am with a meeting to assign the day's work. Management were for the most part absent, and so the general attitude was "see no evil, hear no evil". The hardest part of the job was dealing with the horrendous working conditions -- it was a true challenge to NOT get injured. There really was nothing enjoyable about this sweatshop, other than lunch (not provided).
Pros
Coveralls provided (different each day, and usually too big or too small)
Cons
Long hours, heat and mosquitoes, dirty and dangerous shop floor, no respect from fellow workers or managers
Why work here?
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Alberta16 September 2017
All politics! Poor management. You got promoted not because of your talent or experience. Management don't take responsibilities. Be careful! Nothing related to fun!
Geoscience
Senior Data Engineer/Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Sub Sahara3 September 2017
Weatherford help me to build my career. Excellent trainee. Weatherford help me to mix with different race, culture, religion, colour, tribe. My salary and benefit were paid regularly. I wish to continue working with Weatherford. Medical is an excellent just to mentioned view. Working environment is compare to none. There is free flow of communication. Safety culture is super.
Pros
Excellent place to work
Cons
Career is an Excellent.
Uncertain Culture - Senior leadership has lots of turnover
Inventory Manager, Canada (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB21 August 2017
It was great working with Weatherford, but there are some serious challanges. Senior leadership is changing quite often, that leads to the change in direction quite often. This helps create uncertainty in teams.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Uncertainity, Lots of Nepotism.
Difficult times for this company
Group Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  KW19 August 2017
Things have gradually turned for the worst for this company, as they have been struggling with internal issues well before the oil price crash in 2014, which further exasperated their problems. This led to massive cost cutting, headcount reduction, and extreme stress for those of us left.
Pros
More flexible work schedules than competitors
Cons
24 hour on-call and minimum work/life balance
Company in Transition
Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 July 2017
Weatherford has been hurt by the downturn in the economy, for sure, but also by a top heavy management team that runs this international corporation as badly as governments run their departments.
Pros
Okay benefits, good group
Cons
pay cutbacks, lack of direction from upper management
Fine
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  pakistan26 July 2017
it was good, i spent time doing clerical tasks, and aiding my managers in their additional undertakings during the day. I had a lot of free time, for the most part there wasn't much going on.
Pros
Lots of free time
Cons
disorgaized
Good company
Manager Data Center Operations Canada (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2017
I like working for Weatherford. Unfortunately the downturn in the economy has hit us pretty hard. Layoffs globally have really hurt morale. Hopefully the downturn is over and business picks up.
Dangerous and difficult work
Well Test Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 July 2017
I worked here for 4 months. During those 4 months I was home for about 6 days, the rest of the time I was working 6 hours from home in the middle of the bush on oil leases. These leases are covered in toxic and explosive gases. We laboured for 14 hours a day and then would have a safety meeting both at the end of the day and the beginning of the day. By the time I got home, there was usually just enough time to microwave a meal and pass out before having to get back up and go back to the lease. The temperature on night shift would drop as low as -50 degrees Celsius, so if you took your gloves off your hand would turn black in a few seconds.
All my coworkers were uneducated and judgemental. My supervisor hadn't even finished high school. I almost died about 30 times.
Pros
Competitive compensation for the work
Cons
Risk death, freezing cold temperatures, uneducated coworkers
Good
Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB6 July 2017
Great experience working with this company. Learned a lot of skills and had tons of free training. Overall a good company, too bad times got tough....
Pros
Free Lunch's / Paid training / Safety first attitude