Weatherford Canada Partnership Employee Reviews in Canada

Enjoyable work environment with a fair bit of trust.
Field Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Macklin, SKFebruary 15, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of doing pre job travel paperwork, picking up parts, fueling truck, and heading out to work area, servicing or repairing approximately 4-8 engines.
I learned to improve my efficiency, keep stock successfully, and report in regularly.
Management was pleasant and good to call when a serious decision had to be made, such as if an engine was to be removed from service and replaced.
My co-workers for the most part were excellent, with some turn over.

Hardest part of the job was ensuring our regular run of service(up to 300 engines) was serviced on time and in order while still repairing and keeping all other clients equipment working .

The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the clients and knowing they trusted me to do my job well, as I had proven to them that I could, and had their best interests in dealing with their equipment.
Pros
Take service truck home
Cons
long hours, on call on every third weekend
Great company to work for
Equipment Trainer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 25, 2016
Opportunity for advancement if you have the desire and drive to reach a high level of Management. Opportunity for travel world wide if you are interested in pursuing a career with this company
Manufacturing
HSSE Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABFebruary 8, 2016
Excellent place to work! The job was extremely challenging leading to extreme growth. Working with my fellow co-workers lead to an excellent understanding of process and procedure, in which I was able to work with management to further develop and correct.

Management is driven to ensure that only the best quality product and customer service is delivered to their customers without hurting anyone.Thier safety commitment is apparent in every procedure they do and the workers support and buy has been the best that Ihave been exposed to during the years I have worked.
Stay away
Junior Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMarch 21, 2016
Turnover rate was ridiculously high, at one point there was 9 manager changes in 10 years (cased hole). Some work days were 20 hrs+ (Management did not care about labor laws).
Good people
QHSSE Manager (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABMarch 23, 2016
The company had some questionable management but did invest in it's employees. In general people working for Weatherford are great.
Pros
People
Cons
Industry
Great work enviroment
Mailroom Clerk & Assistant Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 25, 2016
Sorted incoming mail and couriers, while preparing outgoing mail and couriers during the day. Provided reception coverage for breaks, vacation or absent, while training temporary employees. Prepared security passes, helped coordinate contractors, ordered supplies and kept a secure and safe work environment.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Coworker
Productive and fun to work with as long as oil and gas industry doing well
Extruder/Tube Installation/Quality Controller (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMay 14, 2016
Actually, in general the company is good environment to work with, the benefit are excellent, the CEO are concern on the safety on its individuals.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Recently, work 4 day in a week
Productive , co -operative, funny work place
CNC MACHINE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMay 24, 2016
Start work after long travel
Safety,punctuality,cost consciousness,Cooperation ,help other
co-workers
Effective , Co -Operative Management
Pros
Fun At Work
Cons
Far Away from My residence
Very busy place to work
Daytime Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABMarch 13, 2016
Weatherford is a busy company who strives for safety in the workplace. Makes sure there workers are well educated on the day to day activities of the workplace at hand.
Pros
treats workes good
Cons
lack of support to there workers
good people to work with
Engineer I (E.I.T) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 8, 2016
Excellent knowledgeable boss and colleagues. Good experience gained. Highly professional work place and safety being of prime importance
Good place to work but caught up in the oil and gas slow down.
Drilling Services Asset Optimization Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 30, 2015
Learned QA, Asset Management, Financial Reporting and Trade Compliance. They are very serious about QHSE, and rightly so. The move to an API Q2 compliant management system, OEPS, was a necessary one.
Great Company
Field operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, ABOctober 10, 2015
All the stuff in this company are great people. The managers are always there for you. The best pay that you can imagine. The job is not for everybody. It is hard but rewarding.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Hard Labour
Safety-Oriented Company with Great Work/Life Balance
Shipping/Receiving/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, ABNovember 26, 2013
Out of all companies I've ever worked for, I learned the most while working at Weatherford. It was a great place to learn while making a great living. One of the biggest draws for me was the total commitment to health and safety.
Pros
great pay, excellent employee perks, safety first, room for advancement
Cons
the oil industry can be volatile at times
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJanuary 2, 2015
Supportive environment, great boss who takes care of staff, corporate culture can be a little daunting at times.
Very challenging work environment
MWD Field Operator (Current Employee) –  Various locations in Alberta and SaskatchewannFebruary 3, 2015
We are usually sent to go to a drilling site. Once on site, we bring down our equipments and tools. We then assemble and torque the tools and test it if its in good working condition. Once tested, we send the MWD tool in the drilling assembly. The tool is there to check and monitor the drilling inclination, azimuth, temperature and other data that is needed for the accurate drilling operation.
Great Company with lots of problems
Operations Controller (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 22, 2015
Financially they had tons of problems but truly a great company with lots of great people and the leadership was fabulous. I am sorry I left.
Great company, great managers
Cased Hole/ Open Hole/ Pressure Control Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABApril 25, 2014
I learnt an incredible amount of information, was able to advance, got all my tickets, learnt from some of the most incredible men I know.
Pros
money
Cons
could not advance to any further career position
Fun workplace to be
(Electronics Technologist) - Project Management (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaOctober 12, 2012
Everyday I learn different things. It is challenging. I learned how a corporate world works, how management works, How to deal with all kinds of co-workers, importance of team work.
Pros
challenging
Fun and knowledgable team
Pumpjack technician (Former Employee) –  Taber, ABMay 14, 2014
Great work environment. Long days and great pay.

work hard, play hard...