Weatherford Canada Partnership Employee Reviews

motor technician
Motor technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB21 April 2017
taking motors appart , washing and inspecting them and if passed inspection then they were put back together and painted and ran through a diagnostics machine that would let us know if they could withstand field pressure .
Pros
good money
Cons
no life, work and sleep sometimes 17 hours a day impossible to have a life
No employee loyalty
East Coast Mechanic/QAQC (Former Employee) –  Paradise, NL16 March 2017
Weatherford is a great company to work for, and there is some limited opportunity for advancement. Their safety culture is very well known through the industry.

The work life balance was decent, though not always great.

The compensation, especially over the last few years was good, but never once increased. No bonuses or even so much as a card at Christmas.

After 6 years of very loyal service going above and beyond numerous times at the expense of my family and my own money, when things slowed down, jobs were cut and I was given the mandatory 2 weeks pay for my years of service, and not a cent more.
Pros
Great people on the ground, good focus on safety and reliability.
Cons
Poor management, absolutely no loyalty or appreciation for employees.
Chaos in organization structure
Manager, Canada (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 December 2016
Great potential at this company. Now that their CEO has left perhaps they'll get their act together. Houston rules and they don't have a clue what is going on in Canada.
Great job
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2016
Not really a high pressure environment, and everyone was easy to get along with. Never many hard to solve problems after a reorganisation of mail room.Oil & Gas industry plunge turned out to be harder on company than anticipated - so was laid off.
Pros
Easy going, user friendly software
Cons
no protection from oil & gas industry down turn
great pay
Customer Service, Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 December 2016
Great pay. Fun place to work. Great co-workers. No room for advancement. Lots of dead weight long term employees. Too any managers vs employees.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Unqualified managers
Productive and challenging work place
Senior Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 September 2016
Very challenging environment in the Oil & Gas services. Lots of learning and will constantly be motivated by the challenges.
Co-workers are friendly and everyone is ready to help when needed.
AP/AR Cash Clerk (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB25 August 2016
Good place to work, manager extremely good at letting you learn new projects. My co-workers were great to work with we had an excellent team.
Pros
to work without supervison
Had good equipment and middle management
Project/Quality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 July 2016
Not all entities pulled the same weight regarding Quality Management, employee advancement, engineering expertise.
Their size allowed them to bid on most contracts that came up and had the equipment and personnel to successfully fulfill the contract.
Pros
They were able to procure good contracts worldwide
Cons
Short on engineering expertise
Was a great place to work, some amazing people
Canada Region Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 June 2016
Some of the best group of peers/professionals I've had the pleasure of working with and for.
We were mainly left to our own as professionals are, guided as necessary and given the latitude to do the right thing and make decisions that were both congruent with Weatherfords direction.
Great work enviroment
Mailroom Clerk & Assistant Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 May 2016
Sorted incoming mail and couriers, while preparing outgoing mail and couriers during the day. Provided reception coverage for breaks, vacation or absent, while training temporary employees. Prepared security passes, helped coordinate contractors, ordered supplies and kept a secure and safe work environment.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Coworker

Want to know more about Weatherford Canada Partnership?

Ask a question
Productive , co -operative, funny work place
CNC MACHINE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2016
Start work after long travel
Safety,punctuality,cost consciousness,Cooperation ,help other
co-workers
Effective , Co -Operative Management
Pros
Fun At Work
Cons
Far Away from My residence
Productive and fun to work with as long as oil and gas industry doing well
Extruder/Tube Installation/Quality Controller (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 May 2016
Actually, in general the company is good environment to work with, the benefit are excellent, the CEO are concern on the safety on its individuals.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Recently, work 4 day in a week
Great company to work for
Equipment Trainer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 March 2016
Opportunity for advancement if you have the desire and drive to reach a high level of Management. Opportunity for travel world wide if you are interested in pursuing a career with this company
Good people
QHSSE Manager (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB23 March 2016
The company had some questionable management but did invest in it's employees. In general people working for Weatherford are great.
Pros
People
Cons
Industry
Stay away
Junior Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB21 March 2016
Turnover rate was ridiculously high, at one point there was 9 manager changes in 10 years (cased hole). Some work days were 20 hrs+ (Management did not care about labor laws).
Very busy place to work
Daytime Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB13 March 2016
Weatherford is a busy company who strives for safety in the workplace. Makes sure there workers are well educated on the day to day activities of the workplace at hand.
Pros
treats workes good
Cons
lack of support to there workers
good people to work with
Engineer I (E.I.T) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2016
Excellent knowledgeable boss and colleagues. Good experience gained. Highly professional work place and safety being of prime importance
Enjoyable work environment with a fair bit of trust.
Field Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Macklin, SK15 February 2016
A typical day at work consisted of doing pre job travel paperwork, picking up parts, fueling truck, and heading out to work area, servicing or repairing approximately 4-8 engines.
I learned to improve my efficiency, keep stock successfully, and report in regularly.
Management was pleasant and good to call when a serious decision had to be made, such as if an engine was to be removed from service and replaced.
My co-workers for the most part were excellent, with some turn over.

Hardest part of the job was ensuring our regular run of service(up to 300 engines) was serviced on time and in order while still repairing and keeping all other clients equipment working .

The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with the clients and knowing they trusted me to do my job well, as I had proven to them that I could, and had their best interests in dealing with their equipment.
Pros
Take service truck home
Cons
long hours, on call on every third weekend
Manufacturing
HSSE Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB8 February 2016
Excellent place to work! The job was extremely challenging leading to extreme growth. Working with my fellow co-workers lead to an excellent understanding of process and procedure, in which I was able to work with management to further develop and correct.

Management is driven to ensure that only the best quality product and customer service is delivered to their customers without hurting anyone.Thier safety commitment is apparent in every procedure they do and the workers support and buy has been the best that Ihave been exposed to during the years I have worked.
Great Company
Field operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB10 October 2015
All the stuff in this company are great people. The managers are always there for you. The best pay that you can imagine. The job is not for everybody. It is hard but rewarding.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Hard Labour

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Weatherford Canada Partnership. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval