We Care Home Health Services

We Care Home Health Services Employee Reviews

Look forward to work with that one specific elderly client!
Compagnionship and housework/cooking (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON19 March 2013
I am patient and have compasion so I enjoyed being a compagnionship to elderly patient in their own home. They could trust me and I did my best to make them comfortable and complete the task at hand for the welfare of the client. Work alone in the private home. The hardest part of the job is I would get attach with the patient and they eventually pass away.
Pros
you can learn alot about life with elderly client as they would recount many stories of their life.
Cons
i found it extremely hard when the client pass away.
Forget it.
We Care Calgary (Former Employee) –  Calgary26 May 2013
Very very high turn over.No definite rule to follow.Inexperienced lower and mid level management make on-the-spot rules according to what inadequacy they have committed,or better still,blame it on the patient or caregivers.No respect for caregivers and absolutely do not care for patients's welfare.Once paid their coordinators if they bring in more clients.Knows nothing or very little about clients but very well versed on billing.Run!
Pros
Good hearted patients
Cons
Just about everything;needs a complete overhaul
Awesome management
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON31 July 2013
A wonderful company to work for. Must have a valid driver's license and vehicle which I do not possess at the current time which unfortunately leaves me without assignments. Other than that I would highly recommend that Personal Support Workers apply to We Care Home Health Services for employment. They have a highly supportive group of support individuals working for them and my experience has been an absolutely awesome one!!!
Pros
flexibility in your choice or declining of assignments
Cons
must have own vehicle
Enjoyable work environment and great staff
Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC14 August 2013
I've learned a lot from the monthly in services the management holds, from topics like dementia to risk management.

My schedule is always rotating, there is no set schedule, client lists change often.

My co-workers have always been amazing, I've had the pleasure of training a lot of them. But the hardest part of the job is saying good bye to the clients once service is terminated. What I love most is the bright smiling faces of my clients, it keeps me going.....
I learned the ins and outs of a healthcare clinic from a management perspective
On-Call Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 October 2012
As the on-call coordinator I was responsible for all evening coverage managing the nurses workload, cancellations, and any additional visits not scheduled.
This involved improving my communication skills drastically and also developed my abilities to deal with high stress situations and highly emotional individuals (Both patients and nurses).
I was also responsible for performing clinic inventory checks to assure the nurses had the required supplies and quantities for the visits on their schedule each evening.
Pros
developed my ability to deal with stress very well.
Cons
very stressful for me as i was young at the time and not ready for such situations
a reputable business still struggling
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, Alberta24 November 2013
The scheduler has not been able to set up a future schedule for staff and clients to look forward to.If problems arise, it is hard to get to talk to the appropriate managers to solve. I love working with the clients and they deserve more consistency in their care. The field workers are awesome, but they are terribly misguided by the office.
Pros
Love the clients!!!
Cons
Not a very organized company
Enjoyable to work with clients who, many times, were pretty much housebound but were very enjoyable people to talk to, with and enjoy their company.
Health Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC5 December 2015
A typical day would be to come into the client's home and ask what they want or need to have done and I would do whatever cleaning they needed doing that week. I always worked alone, this was the nature of our work and only met someone at We Care office in Cranbrook when I picked up my cheque. I would be asked if there were issues with any of the clients and I would discuss any concerns I or the client may have.

The most enjoyable part of the job was doing something for the client that he/she was not able to physically do him/her self.

The hardest part of the job was that time was not always on my side. If the client needed to talk or discuss a bad week or situation, then I spent time listening to him/her. Sometimes time did not allow me to do both, clean and listen. I would always do what I felt the client needed most.

I had wonderful clients to work with, some amazing stories were told, very interesting people, some sad situations, but very enjoyable.
Pros
Meeting wonderful and interesting people.
Cons
Time sensitive.
Kind people to work for
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 October 2015
I love my job but also have taken on a very extensive amount of task to make sure that it runs smoothly for all staff. Lots of work and hours but drama with one staff member.
I am very upset with whoever looks after the hiring on line (HR)
CCA (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw11 October 2014
All I wanted to know what the wage was and she never replied back. I am a good worker , have work in the health system for a long time and wanted a casual job, as I had worked for we care yrs ago snd thoroughly enjoyed it! But I guess things have changed ! No response in the three emails I sent !
Pros
Very poor management of Hiring
Giving this job my very best had very disappointing results
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON6 January 2014
Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new clients in the community. A typical day at work was very busy indeed and learned that being in a management position makes one incredibly dispensable.
Pros
Learning all about Community Services
Cons
Long hours and work overload
Wonderful Management
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON3 July 2012
I enjoyed my time with Wecare Home Health Services. I learned alot from the preoccupation health division, through training. Never a dull moment, working in a demanding enviroment is fun and rewarding.
Pros
friday lunches
Cons
never knew what to expect, problems arise all the time (in the field)
Horrible Company to Work For.
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2014
This company is all about making money. They do not have good patient care, as one hour visits aren't usually enough. They also pretend to care about your personal safety, but that is just company policy talking.
Pros
Nice color of Scrubs
Cons
Horrible safety for staff
Poor Management, and No Hours
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BC22 July 2015
- Arrive at client's homes and be uninformed about the updated status/needs of the client: I once did not know a client had MRSA- no phone call informing me of the clients changed health status, not documented in the progress notes, I was NEVER told by dispatch before I went to client. The only reason I knew was because I was friends with a nurse who informed myself and 2 other staff before going to do care on the client.
-I wouldn't be informed about if a client had cancelled services and would show up to a confused client wondering why I was there because they had changed the day or time of services. When I would call the office they would say "stuff like this happens".
-Management were unsupportive and rude
- Paid under the minimum wage a HCA should be paid.
-Other staff were ignorant about how to be a professional in someone else's home and certain practices made me question the "training" they had received.
- Was told I would have full time hours, this never happened.
I would strongly advise anyone who wishes to be employed as a HCA not to work for We Care.
Not a great place to work
Personal Support Worker  (Former Employee) –  Toronto ON6 July 2013
The business is run too callously, the wages are very low, $11/hour plus no travel benefit from client to client, and no health benefits.
Pros
personal interaction with clients
Cons
short hours, long distance between clients homes
Good company worth working for
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta10 April 2013
We Care Home Care is a good company to work for and get the experience you need. Flexible accordingly to employee needs.
Pros
work experience worth wild, flexible and care about employees and thier clients
Cons
not enough hours
playing cards with patiens, talking and getting to know my work enviroment.
Sitter (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB5 November 2012
Sitting with a patiens, talking, playing cards, getting to know everyone, making some people smile and try to make everyones day enjoyable.
Pros
people are nice, and fun to talk to.
Cons
8 hours
Poor management---unfair to staff---
employee (Former Employee) –  Barrie Ontario18 July 2015
Staff are not treated with respect---clients are neglected as many do not receive services on a consistent basis--complaints are not addressed
enojoyed working with Seniors
Home Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Warburg, AB11 June 2014
Split shifts
great co-workers
working with Seniors and helping them with their day to day activities
hardest part is losing a client
learned to have patience, and treat others with compassion and care
Hca
hca (Current Employee) –  calgary south2 October 2012
Terrible management call you everyday and no guarantee hours, no advacement, just train other hca so they take hours. Calgary South office, work harder nothing in return not even a card
Pros
working with great clients
Cons
company
Experienced professional with planning and organizational skills that balance work and team support.
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg13 February 2014
I loved everything about my employment with We Care. Management was great and I loved the work/life balance.

2.9