We Care Home Health Services

We Care Home Health Services Employee Reviews in Canada

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly work environment. Enjoyed teaching other health care professionals with different characteristics
Lab Technician (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 25, 2014
Pros: thankful for friendly management
Cons: only contract job
Being trained to teach other health care professionals was not as easy as i thought it would be. After a couple shifts I learned how to communicate better with each individual and also in a large group. Normally I have not liked standing up in a room with everyone's attention on me. Working for this company brought out my fears and also made me conquer them. The hardest part was keeping everyone on the same page with my first couple shifts. I had to train them using the new accu check glucose meters. They each had a device and some of them would go ahead of me playing with the device so i would have to stop the lesson and help them go back to where I was initially. Once that happened a few times I knew I had to start lesson by saying that they could not play with device because we only had half an hour to train them and sign their names for yearly certification. I absolutely enjoyed working with this company. I traveled to different hospitals and got to meet and listen to stories from health care professionals about the unit they were on. From my interview to training and my first day of work, management and and staff were more then willing to help in anyway they could. They did so much to make sure that you felt comfortable with teaching methods and that health care professionals were going to understand and be trained with devices properly.
I learned the ins and outs of a healthcare clinic from a management perspective
On-Call Coordinator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 18, 2012
Pros: developed my ability to deal with stress very well.
Cons: very stressful for me as i was young at the time and not ready for such situations
As the on-call coordinator I was responsible for all evening coverage managing the nurses workload, cancellations, and any additional visits not scheduled.
This involved improving my communication skills drastically and also developed my abilities to deal with high stress situations and highly emotional individuals (Both patients and nurses).
I was also responsible for performing clinic inventory checks to assure the nurses had the required supplies and quantities for the visits on their schedule each evening.
organizating, reports, working with people
Private Home Care Worker (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMarch 31, 2013
Pros: working with the people
Cons: driving all over the city with 3 hour shifts
Going to a persons home and help them get organized for the next few days/ by doing a bit of housekeeping,/ taking them to the bank/ groceries/ visit to relatives/ talk to them as a visitor / sometimes letting them know that what they have done over the last few days wasn't the most appropate behavior/ Then to convince that there is another way. The challenge was good.
The office staff were usually behind me for communication with the family members.
Working with different people, different ages, different personalities was a challenge that I enjoyed.
Met and worked with fantastic, trustworthy coworkers as well as clients
RCA/Home Support Worker (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: deceasing of clients
A typical day at work would be traveling to and from clients houses assisting them with cleaning, meal preps, assisting with showers, toilleting, catheters, hearing aids, mechanical lifts, medication distribution, dressing, etc. I learned how to be a friend in a very professional manner, patience, and to love what i do for work. The hardest part of my job is when a close client has deceased. The most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to have the privalege to be a part of the clients life and help them to sustain independence and dignity.
Not a great place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Toronto ONJuly 6, 2013
Pros: personal interaction with clients
Cons: short hours, long distance between clients homes
The business is run too callously, the wages are very low, $11/hour plus no travel benefit from client to client, and no health benefits.
Always an adventure
PSW (Current Employee), Kingston, ONSeptember 30, 2012
Always something new, always learning new skills
Management is great and easy to get along with, other staff are great team members and always ready to help.
Awesome management
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJuly 31, 2013
Pros: flexibility in your choice or declining of assignments
Cons: must have own vehicle
A wonderful company to work for. Must have a valid driver's license and vehicle which I do not possess at the current time which unfortunately leaves me without assignments. Other than that I would highly recommend that Personal Support Workers apply to We Care Home Health Services for employment. They have a highly supportive group of support individuals working for them and my experience has been an absolutely awesome one!!!
Look forward to work with that one specific elderly client!
Compagnionship and housework/cooking (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONMarch 19, 2013
Pros: you can learn alot about life with elderly client as they would recount many stories of their life.
Cons: i found it extremely hard when the client pass away.
I am patient and have compasion so I enjoyed being a compagnionship to elderly patient in their own home. They could trust me and I did my best to make them comfortable and complete the task at hand for the welfare of the client. Work alone in the private home. The hardest part of the job is I would get attach with the patient and they eventually pass away.
Not really a good place to work if your a lowly employee
Care Aide (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJuly 17, 2012
You work hard for them and get nothing in return.
Too many bosses telling you different directions.
terrible worst job ever
HCA (Former Employee), calgaryJune 2, 2013
Pros: wonderful clients
Cons: management extremely poor.
Huge turnover. Do not care or respect staff, all about the money.
Stable environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Victoria, BCDecember 24, 2014
Pros: meeting new clients
Cons: fluctuating hours
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and establishing a 'caring' connection.
great place to work
Health Care Aide/Office Coordinator (Former Employee), edmonton abNovember 22, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: low wage
Communications with clients, case managers, HCA, coordinators, Field supervisors.
Personal care on clients
a reputable business still struggling
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Red Deer, AlbertaNovember 24, 2013
Pros: love the clients!!!
Cons: not a very organized company
The scheduler has not been able to set up a future schedule for staff and clients to look forward to.If problems arise, it is hard to get to talk to the appropriate managers to solve. I love working with the clients and they deserve more consistency in their care. The field workers are awesome, but they are terribly misguided by the office.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 21, 2014
Enjoyed working and meeting new people. Very compassionate and caring.
Wonderful Management
Administrator (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 3, 2012
Pros: friday lunches
Cons: never knew what to expect, problems arise all the time (in the field)
I enjoyed my time with Wecare Home Health Services. I learned alot from the preoccupation health division, through training. Never a dull moment, working in a demanding enviroment is fun and rewarding.
Horrible Company to Work For.
Community Support Worker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: nice color of scrubs
Cons: horrible safety for staff
This company is all about making money. They do not have good patient care, as one hour visits aren't usually enough. They also pretend to care about your personal safety, but that is just company policy talking.
enojoyed working with Seniors
Home Care Aide (Current Employee), Warburg, ABJune 11, 2014
Split shifts
great co-workers
working with Seniors and helping them with their day to day activities
hardest part is losing a client
learned to have patience, and treat others with compassion and care
fun
Health Care Aide (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 26, 2014
it was a great company to work for, staff were very understanding to my needs as a health care aide
playing cards with patiens, talking and getting to know my work enviroment.
Sitter (Current Employee), Brandon, MBNovember 5, 2012
Pros: people are nice, and fun to talk to.
Cons: 8 hours
Sitting with a patiens, talking, playing cards, getting to know everyone, making some people smile and try to make everyones day enjoyable.
compeptitve and understanding
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), peterboroughJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: rate of pay
understanding when your sick or have someone sick at home you need to care for
understanding with road conditions