We Care Home Health Services

We Care Home Health Services Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
organizating, reports, working with people
Private Home Care Worker (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMarch 31, 2013
Pros: working with the people
Cons: driving all over the city with 3 hour shifts
Going to a persons home and help them get organized for the next few days/ by doing a bit of housekeeping,/ taking them to the bank/ groceries/ visit to relatives/ talk to them as a visitor / sometimes letting them know that what they have done over the last few days wasn't the most appropate behavior/ Then to convince that there is another way. The – more... challenge was good.
The office staff were usually behind me for communication with the family members.
Working with different people, different ages, different personalities was a challenge that I enjoyed. – less
Messy, franchaise to work for
HCA (Current Employee), Abbotsford, BCMarch 10, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no future
This office lacks communication skills, nobody listens!!!

May 19, 2013

No concrete guidelines to follow.Absolutely no clear communication on basically most things.Very high turn over.Management can be bullies.Messy,messy,messy.

Met and worked with fantastic, trustworthy coworkers as well as clients
RCA/Home Support Worker (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: deceasing of clients
A typical day at work would be traveling to and from clients houses assisting them with cleaning, meal preps, assisting with showers, toilleting, catheters, hearing aids, mechanical lifts, medication distribution, dressing, etc. I learned how to be a friend in a very professional manner, patience, and to love what i do for work. The hardest part of – more... my job is when a close client has deceased. The most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to have the privalege to be a part of the clients life and help them to sustain independence and dignity. – less
Rewarding Work
Care aide/ Home support (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCNovember 27, 2012
Pros: helping people stay in their homes
I enjoyed working for this company, I found it very Rewarding helping people on a daily basis
playing cards with patiens, talking and getting to know my work enviroment.
Sitter (Current Employee), Brandon, MBNovember 5, 2012
Pros: people are nice, and fun to talk to.
Cons: 8 hours
Sitting with a patiens, talking, playing cards, getting to know everyone, making some people smile and try to make everyones day enjoyable.
I learned the ins and outs of a healthcare clinic from a management perspective
On-Call Coordinator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 18, 2012
Pros: developed my ability to deal with stress very well.
Cons: very stressful for me as i was young at the time and not ready for such situations
As the on-call coordinator I was responsible for all evening coverage managing the nurses workload, cancellations, and any additional visits not scheduled.
This involved improving my communication skills drastically and also developed my abilities to deal with high stress situations and highly emotional individuals (Both patients and nurses).
I was – more... also responsible for performing clinic inventory checks to assure the nurses had the required supplies and quantities for the visits on their schedule each evening. – less
Hca
hca (Current Employee), calgary southOctober 2, 2012
Pros: working with great clients
Cons: company
Terrible management call you everyday and no guarantee hours, no advacement, just train other hca so they take hours. Calgary South office, work harder nothing in return not even a card
Always an adventure
PSW (Current Employee), Kingston, ONSeptember 30, 2012
Always something new, always learning new skills
Management is great and easy to get along with, other staff are great team members and always ready to help.
Not really a good place to work if your a lowly employee
Care Aide (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCJuly 17, 2012
You work hard for them and get nothing in return.
Too many bosses telling you different directions.
Wonderful Management
Administrator (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONJuly 3, 2012
Pros: friday lunches
Cons: never knew what to expect, problems arise all the time (in the field)
I enjoyed my time with Wecare Home Health Services. I learned alot from the preoccupation health division, through training. Never a dull moment, working in a demanding enviroment is fun and rewarding.
Very productive
Senior Career - Co-Coordinator (Former Employee), Portsmouth, ENGJune 19, 2014
Pros: good working enviroment
Cons: very long hours.
I enjoy my Job Role, i have learnt that people make the company your ability to laugh, support and enjoy your role makes you better at your Job Role.
Management could have been better.
My co-workers had great respect for me and where all very supportive of one another.
My hardest part of the Role is keeping all my staff happy.
Enjoyable part of my role – more... was knowing that every day i made my clients have the dignity, respect, that they deserve, supporting them when they are unable to do the things they always loved. – less
Very productive and loving work place
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Jonesville, LAApril 3, 2014
Working for We Care Home Care was a very pleasant experience. The workers were all hard working and very dedicated. They made sure the needs of everyone were met, and that no one felt left out in any type of way.
A fun day at work
Nursing Aide (Former Employee), Charleston, SCMarch 20, 2014
I worked at We Care Home Care for a year. What I like the most was the traveling. It gave me a chance to learn the city and to take the clients out for a breath of fresh air. I would help with the clients bath, medication reminders, cleaning, shopping, doctor appointments, and also exercising. I can not recall a hard day on the job, just busy.
Very good company to work for, with a very nice and genuine boss.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), ILJanuary 9, 2014
Cons: not being home for days at a time.
Typical day as a live in home-care giver: Wake up get dressed, assist the client with bathing and getting dressed. Prepare meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks). Throughout the day do light house keeping. Help client with any ADL's they cannot perform by themselves and chart as the day goes on.
We care
Carer (Current Employee), Portsmouth, ENGJanuary 7, 2014
i love my job, i enjoy seeing my clients everyday there the only reason this job is worth it but the office unfortunately let the company down they send out carers who are ill if not they threaten the carers with there job, they seem to think we are not allowed a life because weve also been told if we don't pick up the extra calls we can get the sack – more... and although us carers can get them done from unfair dismissal we would then be out of a job before we prove that.
i do personal care everyday and domestics i have a double call this involved hoisting and changing of a catheter bag.
i feel i have a professional approach to my job but also understand and supportive manner towards my clients. – less
Not As it Seems
Medical Assistant/Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: staff is friendly
Cons: it's not much of a medical job.
A typical day of work consists of less medical work & more housekeeping.
The staff and their unwillingness
A worker (Former Employee), Charleston, SCMay 10, 2013
Pros: you can tell them when you want to work
Cons: but they will still schedule you and try to fire you if you dont show up for work. be careful
I dont want to put anything negative in your mind when applying for this job. But i will say this. Demand your own schedule. Make sure you write it down. Make sure you record conversations between you and the scheduler. The scheduler just wants coverage for a job. But you are the one that has to work the hours, days, and be at the facility or people – more... homes on time. If youre not careful, the scheduler will bully you in to working. But stay firm and demand your schedule. There are no benefits. And sometime you can be out of work for 2 weeks straight. Its an agency. The scheduler is your friend when you are doing and working with out complaints. But if you hit a bump in the road in life, the scheduler will fire you. No matter how much the scheduler seemed to like you. They are not your friends. – less

June 20, 2013

It's a good thing that I read your review. I was going to apply for a position, but now I think I will look elsewhere.

we care
Home Care Nurse Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioMarch 13, 2013
I know all facets of the home care industry, from answering the phone to ending a case. I did intake, case management, home visits, etc
Home from home
Direct Service Worker (Former Employee), Natchitoches, LAJanuary 5, 2013
A typical day for me at work would be from 8 a.m. in the morning until 1 p.m. that afternoon. I would do protective supervision on my client, prepare breakfast/lunch, medication reminders, bathing, dressing, grooming, and light housekeeping, with some community outings. At 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. I would work with another client, that is a minor, with homework, – more... bathing, dressing, grooming, playtime, and accompanying to all appointments. From 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., I work with my previous client in the a.m., prepare dinner, medication reminder, and assist with night time dressing, and protective supervision, before departure.

I have learned a lot in dealing with having more patience. There is nothing more then being productive in a timely manner.

Management was always there when needed for help or support. My co-workers were great to work with, we all worked together as a family.

The hardest part of my job, would be knowing, that there are more people in the world that needs care and can not receive it.

The most enjoyable part of my job that I liked, was knowing that I was making a small difference in someone life, with just a little help. – less
not a good company to work for
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee), Weston, WVDecember 16, 2012
had to pick up check every two weeks and immediatly cash at owners bank to keep checks from bouncing.

About We Care Home Health Services

We Care was founded in Brandon, Manitoba in 1984. Since then, it has grown into Canada’s largest independently owned homecare – Read more