We Care Home Health Services

We Care Home Health Services Employee Reviews

Management is terrible
PSW (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2017
I love to got up to gp to work meet my client ,the client are great and i dont mind travel from client to client . Management is terrible ,they dont have respect for the workers ,if you are sick with cold the still want to send you to work with the client and if you refuse then they cut your hours , they dont even respond to your emails or return phone call unless it benefits them.
Pros
nice clients
Cons
terrible Managemrent
very healthy work place environment
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON7 March 2017
very healthy positive work environment, learning to make quick decisions on your own , learning how to utilize your time wisely, consistency of the same clients daily the hard part is driving in bad weather conditions
Pros
positive work environment
Cons
just driving if the weather is bad from consumer to consumer
Flexible
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2017
Flexible hours but I did not get enough shifts. It was an on call basis. So there will be a month where I would not be called to work. That's the only disadvantage I have with this company.
Pros
Live out
Cons
On Call
Excellent management is friendly and smart at the same time.
Community Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 February 2017
This is very good in all respects, company. Excellent management is friendly and smart at the same time. Working here, since graduating from the University Canada West Nursing Assistant, I received a huge amount of practical skills and additional knowledge in this field. I have very good relations with colleagues, management and clients as well. The only one fact makes me look for more stable job - lock of stability. I would like to have a more predictable life and the opportunity to build my plans, to work a certain shift in a certain place, for a certain time.
York Region Location
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  York Region10 January 2017
I found the York Region location to have issues with the overall management of the company, with things such as scheduling. I found my scheduled times often did not allow enough time for commuting. Overall the work and pay was good for a PSW job.
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 December 2016
Assisted client with bathing, grooming and dressing.
Assisted client with bed transfers, lifting, turning and crutch walking.
Feed clients and when required, measure intake and output.
Pros
Cons
Long Drive
Worst Job I have ever had
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON17 December 2016
This by far has been the worst Job/location I have ever HAD. MANAGEMENT is unprofessional and unsupportive. Very high stress and you are damned if you ask for guidance or any type of help by management. The turnover rate explains it all however management seems to turn a blind eye to the obvious, also applies to many accepts in the office.
Pros
Co workers
Productive place to work
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 December 2016
Great place to work,really enjoyed most of the elderly people.The hardest part of this job for me was that I learned u can't please everybody.
Pros
Lisiening to all the life stories that the clients told me
Productive, job oppurtunities
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 August 2016
A typical day at work was when I met my first Resident, and that was my first day at work in Canada as a Health Care Aide. The client appreciated my services to her. At the end of my shift with her, she offered me money, but I refused because it was against our job ethics. As I Left, she called my office to complain about my refusal to take money. She further told the office that the kind of services I rendered to her worth compensation. My office was happy at that, and called me to the office to show appreciation.

From that incident, I learnt it is always good to put in your best at work to make your Clients/Residents happy.

Management is perfect. They appreciate staff dedications at work..

Good team co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is driving from home to home to render care.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when Clients recommends hard workers to the Employers.
Pros
Good recommendations
Cons
Driving, especially, during winter
Average
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2016
Working with WeCare Health Services was a great experience. I really enjoyed the flexibility on work load of clients. I enjoyed the many wonderful clients that I met over the year at WeCare.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
driving to clients homes
great place to work but not enough hours to live off of.
Continuing Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Musquodoboit Harbour, NS11 August 2016
great place to work if your looking for the odd few hours here and there out towards musquodoboit harbor and further east.
Pros
good wage! great people to work with.
Cons
not enough hours out towards musquodoboit harbour.
Worst company ever - should be investigated
Family Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB30 June 2016
I worked at WeCare for just over a year, they are THE WORST COMPANY I have ever worked for. Terrible management, terrible communication, SEXIST!!! I was legitimately told I could not be promoted due to the fact I was a girl, and THEY NEEDED A MALE.... even though the current person in that position was female?. The hours are ridiculous, making people work 24 hours straight. The management there was terrible, no managing experience or people skills, would gossip about other employees to other staff. They have staff who overuse prescription drugs (and other drugs) AT WORK, and have done nothing to penalize them. Clients who are legit living with mould in their homes. I would become anxious at the end of every shift because there was such high turnover that staff would often be forced to stay due to other staff calling in sick and not showing up. Stay away.
Pros
Awesome clients. I feel bad for them.
Cons
EVERYTHING besides the clients.
Horrible place to work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 June 2016
Management did not take concerns seriously from both staff or clients. We care does NOT care about performing any sincere services.

Terrible place to work
Pros
Cons
bad work environment, management doesn't care and clients suffer the most
Terrible company
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 June 2016
Very high turnover of staff
Very unorganized
I feel bad for the clients the most, they're the ones that suffer from unorganized management, over worked CA'S and false promises and unrealistic expectations when they hire the company.
Worst experience I have ever had
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 March 2016
Terrible management, extremely rude to staff and no team work. No Training they expect you to know everything. It's a fast paced job. If you are new your not going to be given a chance unless you know the managers.
I honestly had never worked in a worst environment.
not enough breaks
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB10 March 2016
when working for WeCare the pay period was weird, did not like being forced to work when i was pregnant, not a great company to work for
Cons
Enjoyable to work with clients who, many times, were pretty much housebound but were very enjoyable people to talk to, with and enjoy their company.
Health Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC5 December 2015
A typical day would be to come into the client's home and ask what they want or need to have done and I would do whatever cleaning they needed doing that week. I always worked alone, this was the nature of our work and only met someone at We Care office in Cranbrook when I picked up my cheque. I would be asked if there were issues with any of the clients and I would discuss any concerns I or the client may have.

The most enjoyable part of the job was doing something for the client that he/she was not able to physically do him/her self.

The hardest part of the job was that time was not always on my side. If the client needed to talk or discuss a bad week or situation, then I spent time listening to him/her. Sometimes time did not allow me to do both, clean and listen. I would always do what I felt the client needed most.

I had wonderful clients to work with, some amazing stories were told, very interesting people, some sad situations, but very enjoyable.
Pros
Meeting wonderful and interesting people.
Cons
Time sensitive.
It is good place to work if you want to make your own schedule
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 November 2015
I have worked for this company for the last three years and now that most of my clients are gone and we don't have a contract with ccac I'm looking for work in a new place for more experience.
Compassionate team with dedication to patient-centered care.
Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC13 October 2015
We Care is a great organization with lots of freedom with choosing your own work schedule, and it offers support for nurses whenever they need it. I worked for We Care for summer employment during nursing school and enjoyed working with the senior that I was assigned.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Work opportunities vary by region
Kind people to work for
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 October 2015
I love my job but also have taken on a very extensive amount of task to make sure that it runs smoothly for all staff. Lots of work and hours but drama with one staff member.

2.9