We Care Home Health Services

We Care Home Health Services Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 21, 2014
Enjoyed working and meeting new people. Very compassionate and caring.
Horrible management!!!!! Awesome and great clients
HCA (Former Employee), Edmonton ABOctober 15, 2014
Cons: extremely long field shifts/ terrible case supervisors
This company is very unorganized, no travel time from client to client. Treated poorly by supervisors No positive reinforcement NONE!! disciplined on hear say only! not on facts. Favouritism of staff. Long shifts. Still no positive reinforcement. Schedulers Would work you 24/7 if allowed. If you say No or clock out, they cut hours. Company works for – more... the money alone and not for the clients. Many clients call company We DONT Care.
I believe the supervisors LPN'S couldn't get work anywhere else, because their personalities are poor as they have no compassion and do not care about their staff or clients – less
I am very upset with whoever looks after the hiring on line (HR)
CCA (Former Employee), Moose JawOctober 11, 2014
Pros: very poor management of hiring
All I wanted to know what the wage was and she never replied back. I am a good worker , have work in the health system for a long time and wanted a casual job, as I had worked for we care yrs ago snd thoroughly enjoyed it! But I guess things have changed ! No response in the three emails I sent !
fun
Health Care Aide (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 26, 2014
it was a great company to work for, staff were very understanding to my needs as a health care aide
High staff turnover
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: cake on your birthday
Very busy!!! Highly stressful. Very little positive reinforcement from management. Co-workers are under a lot of pressure, but not compensated for continual additions to job description. Management is very often inappropriate, using foul language while others are on the telephone with clientele. Very few opportunities to approach management with concerns, – more... without being made to feel as though your job will be held for ransom. Past staff talked about very negatively and openly by management to everyone. – less
Friendly work environment. Enjoyed teaching other health care professionals with different characteristics
Lab Technician (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 25, 2014
Pros: thankful for friendly management
Cons: only contract job
Being trained to teach other health care professionals was not as easy as i thought it would be. After a couple shifts I learned how to communicate better with each individual and also in a large group. Normally I have not liked standing up in a room with everyone's attention on me. Working for this company brought out my fears and also made me conquer – more... them. The hardest part was keeping everyone on the same page with my first couple shifts. I had to train them using the new accu check glucose meters. They each had a device and some of them would go ahead of me playing with the device so i would have to stop the lesson and help them go back to where I was initially. Once that happened a few times I knew I had to start lesson by saying that they could not play with device because we only had half an hour to train them and sign their names for yearly certification. I absolutely enjoyed working with this company. I traveled to different hospitals and got to meet and listen to stories from health care professionals about the unit they were on. From my interview to training and my first day of work, management and and staff were more then willing to help in anyway they could. They did so much to make sure that you felt comfortable with teaching methods and that health care professionals were going to understand and be trained with devices properly. – less
Horrible Company.
Caregiver (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 13, 2014
Cons: poor management, bad clients, bad salary
The company does not care about their staff, no benefits, bad clients, horrible support.
enojoyed working with Seniors
Home Care Aide (Current Employee), Warburg, ABJune 11, 2014
Split shifts
great co-workers
working with Seniors and helping them with their day to day activities
hardest part is losing a client
learned to have patience, and treat others with compassion and care
Bad scheduling
client (Former Employee), Fraser ValleyMay 21, 2014
Cons: as described
No shows of staff when scheduled for elderly, sick people whom are forced to be at home despite their debilitating condition and whom are abused emotionally and physically by not receiving help when need it.
New staff is untrained, making clients frustrated.
Staff leaves the company constantly and changes availability in the last minute. Absenteeism – more... is high.
The work is attributed without respect to workers location.
The salary is minimum wages.
Workers are exposed to upset clients, due to management not handling schedules and communication well and lying to both clients and personnel. – less
Excellent Client Care environment
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Productive and professiona place to work with a team effort approach and excellent Client Care.
Experienced professional with planning and organizational skills that balance work and team support.
Coordinator (Former Employee), WinnipegFebruary 13, 2014
I loved everything about my employment with We Care. Management was great and I loved the work/life balance.
Horrible Company to Work For.
Community Support Worker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: nice color of scrubs
Cons: horrible safety for staff
This company is all about making money. They do not have good patient care, as one hour visits aren't usually enough. They also pretend to care about your personal safety, but that is just company policy talking.
Promt and Dependable
Caregiver (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJanuary 10, 2014
Was always at work on time and was willing to go beyond her basic responsibilities during her shift. She was always willing to learn and be a part of any task that was asked of her.
WeCare Home Health serivces
Personal support worker (Former Employee), Kitchener, ONJanuary 10, 2014
Caring for clients, helping them with activities of daily life inluding showing dressing/undressing, grooming, mouth care
Giving this job my very best had very disappointing results
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: learning all about community services
Cons: long hours and work overload
Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new clients in the community. A typical day at work was very busy indeed and learned that being in a management position makes one incredibly dispensable.
Very kind and genuine workplace
RN (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 5, 2014
We Care is a great place to work.........very caring and professional group of nurses and staff who truly care and work very hard to maintain their high standard of community care.
a reputable business still struggling
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Red Deer, AlbertaNovember 24, 2013
Pros: love the clients!!!
Cons: not a very organized company
The scheduler has not been able to set up a future schedule for staff and clients to look forward to.If problems arise, it is hard to get to talk to the appropriate managers to solve. I love working with the clients and they deserve more consistency in their care. The field workers are awesome, but they are terribly misguided by the office.
Very interesting job.
Office Administration (Former Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONNovember 5, 2013
I worked with a new program that I had to learn on the job. It was very interesting. I worked with some really great people there!
Not worth your time
Nurse (Former Employee), Kawartha LakesAugust 15, 2013
Cons: more work and no compensatition
This company is very unorganized and only care about money not patient care.
Enjoyable work environment and great staff
Care Aide (Current Employee), Surrey, BCAugust 14, 2013
I've learned a lot from the monthly in services the management holds, from topics like dementia to risk management.

My schedule is always rotating, there is no set schedule, client lists change often.

My co-workers have always been amazing, I've had the pleasure of training a lot of them. But the hardest part of the job is saying good bye to the clients – more... once service is terminated. What I love most is the bright smiling faces of my clients, it keeps me going..... – less

About We Care Home Health Services

We Care was founded in Brandon, Manitoba in 1984. Since then, it has grown into Canada’s largest independently owned homecare – Read more