We Care Home Health Services Employee Reviews

fexiable
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 April 2017
its a little anixtey filled but other than that i love helping people. its great if your going to school because they never bug you to work on days you have off
Pros
free gloves
Cons
no benefits for under 30 hours a week
Decent job
Family support worker (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB20 April 2017
This is a good place to gain experience if you want to go in fields such as social work.

There is not one client that is the same; therefore, you learn a lot about different life situations as well as the need of the people that are in your community.

Management has gotten better during the past year. They have become more considerate of their employee's needs as well as their clients.

This can be a challenging job, it is not fit for everyone but it is a good place to gain experience and meet unique people.
Not a great place to work. You are NOT recognized for your hardwork and commitment and get very little if any respec
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 April 2017
I honestly don't believe there is an "enjoyable" part of this job. They will hire you on the spot and ensure little or no training. We Care will constantly disturb you for visits that do not benefit you at all & will try to impose visits upon you. As a home care company, if you work here, you will LOSE MORE than what you earn.

We Care will constantly call you the morning after a long night shift to pick up visits. This company fails to recognize that you are a human being with your own personal life and expect you to devote not 24, but 25 hours of your day to bend over backwards for them. You are NOT appreciated for your commitment and this company DOES NOT advocate on your behalf. Ever.

This is a BIG waste of your time, not to mention this company recieves LOTS AND LOTS of money but pays it's field staff VERY LITTLE. I can make more if I work part time at a retail job, in which I left my retail job for this one. Big mistake. And the benefits are garbage too.

But the real cherry on top has to be awarded to miscommunication with this company. We Care has multiple coordinators and supervisors who are all apathetic when something benefits you as a field staff. If you rely on someone from this company to forward on something from you, it either won't be done, won't be forwarded to the individual it should be forwarded to, or will backfire on you as you are the problem.

If you need to get a hold of a coordinator or supervisor, GOOD LUCK with that. You can call, leave voicemails, send e mails but YOUR VOICE WILL BE IGNORED. And management is very, very incompetent.
  more... No one will take accountability for their misdoings and will brush it off as nothing happened.

The office staff is also very unprofessional & talk about you behind your back. They will try to interfere with your personal life and treat it as if it should always come last, and We Care should come first. WRONG. VERY WRONG.

The name of this company SHOULD be changed to We Don't Care, which would be a much more accurate name.
Pros
Flexible schedules, but are still harassed to modify it to the supervisors' satisfaction
Cons
Long and dragging hours with minimal pay, disrespect, office staff apathy, everything really
Typical day
Client Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  We Care Edmonton5 April 2017
In a typical day, we have several calls coming in all at the same time. Each of us could have 2 or sometimes 3 line on-going and conversations at one time. From staff being angry about client or client family behavior or concern of health. Or client call that their staff is 3 min late, or time was changed on the week, and staff running late.
At this point it a min assessment of the issues at hand and transferring to the supporting staff whether it be Hr or area Nurse.
We are always busy and actively supporting each other as needed, to fill a shift to speak with a staff to forward off an update schedule or to walk staff down to speak with the area Nurse.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
sometime not enough office staff (LONG WEEKEND)
Terrible management - no work/life balance
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK31 March 2017
Constantly had to work over time (10 hours a day) and most weekends to keep up with the amount of work load. Was expected to do the job of 4 people. I was left alone in the office for days at a time answering a multi phone system and work cell phones. When someone called in sick in the office I was expected to pick up their slack and do my job effectively and efficiently with no hiccups. Called in sick once in the entire year and felt like I was shamed for it for a week.
Management didnt listen to my concerns and then made me feel like I was making everything up because they were never there to actually see what was going on or how the office was being run. They would hire any caregiver that walked off the street. They fired 4 essential office staff in the year I was there and expecting me to pick up the slack while they tired to hire more office goons. No support. Always left alone and never any help. Also I was expected to train the new office staff instead of the manager. Then they asked me to train the manager. Will never go back to this place anywhere in Canada!
Pros
The clients.
Cons
Long hours, way too much work for one person. Horrible management.
Management is terrible
PSW (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2017
I love to got up to gp to work meet my client ,the client are great and i dont mind travel from client to client . Management is terrible ,they dont have respect for the workers ,if you are sick with cold the still want to send you to work with the client and if you refuse then they cut your hours , they dont even respond to your emails or return phone call unless it benefits them.
Pros
nice clients
Cons
terrible Managemrent
very healthy work place environment
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON7 March 2017
very healthy positive work environment, learning to make quick decisions on your own , learning how to utilize your time wisely, consistency of the same clients daily the hard part is driving in bad weather conditions
Pros
positive work environment
Cons
just driving if the weather is bad from consumer to consumer
Flexible
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2017
Flexible hours but I did not get enough shifts. It was an on call basis. So there will be a month where I would not be called to work. That's the only disadvantage I have with this company.
Pros
Live out
Cons
On Call
Excellent management is friendly and smart at the same time.
Community Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 February 2017
This is very good in all respects, company. Excellent management is friendly and smart at the same time. Working here, since graduating from the University Canada West Nursing Assistant, I received a huge amount of practical skills and additional knowledge in this field. I have very good relations with colleagues, management and clients as well. The only one fact makes me look for more stable job - lock of stability. I would like to have a more predictable life and the opportunity to build my plans, to work a certain shift in a certain place, for a certain time.
York Region Location
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  York Region10 January 2017
I found the York Region location to have issues with the overall management of the company, with things such as scheduling. I found my scheduled times often did not allow enough time for commuting. Overall the work and pay was good for a PSW job.
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 December 2016
Assisted client with bathing, grooming and dressing.
Assisted client with bed transfers, lifting, turning and crutch walking.
Feed clients and when required, measure intake and output.
Pros
Cons
Long Drive
Worst Job I have ever had
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON17 December 2016
This by far has been the worst Job/location I have ever HAD. MANAGEMENT is unprofessional and unsupportive. Very high stress and you are damned if you ask for guidance or any type of help by management. The turnover rate explains it all however management seems to turn a blind eye to the obvious, also applies to many accepts in the office.
Pros
Co workers
Productive place to work
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 December 2016
Great place to work,really enjoyed most of the elderly people.The hardest part of this job for me was that I learned u can't please everybody.
Pros
Lisiening to all the life stories that the clients told me
Productive, job oppurtunities
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 August 2016
A typical day at work was when I met my first Resident, and that was my first day at work in Canada as a Health Care Aide. The client appreciated my services to her. At the end of my shift with her, she offered me money, but I refused because it was against our job ethics. As I Left, she called my office to complain about my refusal to take money. She further told the office that the kind of services I rendered to her worth compensation. My office was happy at that, and called me to the office to show appreciation.

From that incident, I learnt it is always good to put in your best at work to make your Clients/Residents happy.

Management is perfect. They appreciate staff dedications at work..

Good team co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is driving from home to home to render care.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when Clients recommends hard workers to the Employers.
Pros
Good recommendations
Cons
Driving, especially, during winter
Average
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2016
Working with WeCare Health Services was a great experience. I really enjoyed the flexibility on work load of clients. I enjoyed the many wonderful clients that I met over the year at WeCare.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
driving to clients homes
great place to work but not enough hours to live off of.
Continuing Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Musquodoboit Harbour, NS11 August 2016
great place to work if your looking for the odd few hours here and there out towards musquodoboit harbor and further east.
Pros
good wage! great people to work with.
Cons
not enough hours out towards musquodoboit harbour.
Worst company ever - should be investigated
Family Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB30 June 2016
I worked at WeCare for just over a year, they are THE WORST COMPANY I have ever worked for. Terrible management, terrible communication, SEXIST!!! I was legitimately told I could not be promoted due to the fact I was a girl, and THEY NEEDED A MALE.... even though the current person in that position was female?. The hours are ridiculous, making people work 24 hours straight. The management there was terrible, no managing experience or people skills, would gossip about other employees to other staff. They have staff who overuse prescription drugs (and other drugs) AT WORK, and have done nothing to penalize them. Clients who are legit living with mould in their homes. I would become anxious at the end of every shift because there was such high turnover that staff would often be forced to stay due to other staff calling in sick and not showing up. Stay away.
Pros
Awesome clients. I feel bad for them.
Cons
EVERYTHING besides the clients.
Horrible place to work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 June 2016
Management did not take concerns seriously from both staff or clients. We care does NOT care about performing any sincere services.

Terrible place to work
Pros
Cons
bad work environment, management doesn't care and clients suffer the most
Terrible company
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 June 2016
Very high turnover of staff
Very unorganized
I feel bad for the clients the most, they're the ones that suffer from unorganized management, over worked CA'S and false promises and unrealistic expectations when they hire the company.
Worst experience I have ever had
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 March 2016
Terrible management, extremely rude to staff and no team work. No Training they expect you to know everything. It's a fast paced job. If you are new your not going to be given a chance unless you know the managers.
I honestly had never worked in a worst environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at We Care Home Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8