We Care Home Health Services Employee Reviews

Heavy work load, many changes in management, very little support.
Nursing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 August 2017
Was a great company to work for until changes were implemented earlier this year. Very stressful work environment. I would not consider working in this office again.
Pros
Good Benefit Package
Staff are very helpful, management is very considerate
preposee aux beneficiaires (Former Employee) –  MontrĂ©al, QC29 July 2017
It's a humbling experience to be able to become a part of the team. The management takes care of their employees concerns. They always provide the needs of their employees that concerns work.
Pros
Very accomodating with their employees concern
Cons
Sometimes employees cannot get regular shifts
Enjoyable workplace
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS25 July 2017
I had to leave due to medical issues. I have now been cleared for work and would like to get back full time. My job was not available to extent i needed it to be when battling my medical issues ended
Cons
A lot of driving clients were sometimes 1 to 2 hours apart
Productive work place
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB24 July 2017
Go to clients home and do all required tasks. The hardest part of the Job was when a very well liked client passes away .. but it was always an enjoyable time while they were still hwre. I've veryy outgoing and compassionate. This I think was the perfect job for me
Pros
Free lunches; good clients
Cons
Overnights; ill clients passing away
Nice place
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON18 July 2017
Very nice employees and also management. You can pick your own hours and there are always call in shifts available for you to take. Good in house training and in services
review
CCA (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 July 2017
I enjoyed my employment with CBI/WeCare in the past. Great, friendly, helpful, encouraging management and other staff.
I enjoy the house to house, one on one type of care.
Due to me moving I was unable to stay with the company based in HFX/Dartmouth.
Great company
Field LPN (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 July 2017
The owners genuinely cared about the work conditions as I needed many adjustments to my work station because of my carpal tunnel syndrome. In the field, I received tremendous support from the supervisors.
Limited hours
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC27 June 2017
Some staffs are nice and most of the staffs are okay. Usually, they dont give enough client for a day. Like say for example, in a day, they inly gave me 2.5 hours and sometimes 3.5 hours and each client are far from each other's houses. They also dont pay for the mileage that their employee are consuming. Also, they dont have enought client for the amount of worker they have.
Pros
Celebrates Christmas party
Cons
Very short time
Good supervisors , poor managment
Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Fraser Valley Regional District, BC14 June 2017
Field staff and supervisors are great and work hard .some issues with office staff and management. Not enough work to keep staff . Hi turn over with office staff.
Love to work with seniors, but not with the scheduler.
field staff (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2017
Don't have enough hours. They don't know how to retain good workers, keep on hiring new staffs, but ignoring old staffs. Hard to deal with the scheduler.
I think the management of Wecare are killing the company
Infusions Nurse (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB3 May 2017
I love working closely with patients and building a rapport of trust and caring with them and their families. You can't do that with this company. The budget is so tight, the pay so low, the staff support so poor if any. Most staff are daily afraid of being fired since the new management turnover. The staff do their best and the patient seem content, but nobody feels assured that their position is stable.
Pros
able to build relationships with patients
Cons
staff hate the Management and feel threatened and intimidated
fexiable
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 April 2017
its a little anixtey filled but other than that i love helping people. its great if your going to school because they never bug you to work on days you have off
Pros
free gloves
Cons
no benefits for under 30 hours a week
Decent job
Family support worker (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB20 April 2017
This is a good place to gain experience if you want to go in fields such as social work.

There is not one client that is the same; therefore, you learn a lot about different life situations as well as the need of the people that are in your community.

Management has gotten better during the past year. They have become more considerate of their employee's needs as well as their clients.

This can be a challenging job, it is not fit for everyone but it is a good place to gain experience and meet unique people.
Not a great place to work. You are NOT recognized for your hardwork and commitment and get very little if any respec
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 April 2017
I honestly don't believe there is an "enjoyable" part of this job. They will hire you on the spot and ensure little or no training. We Care will constantly disturb you for visits that do not benefit you at all & will try to impose visits upon you. As a home care company, if you work here, you will LOSE MORE than what you earn.

We Care will constantly call you the morning after a long night shift to pick up visits. This company fails to recognize that you are a human being with your own personal life and expect you to devote not 24, but 25 hours of your day to bend over backwards for them. You are NOT appreciated for your commitment and this company DOES NOT advocate on your behalf. Ever.

This is a BIG waste of your time, not to mention this company recieves LOTS AND LOTS of money but pays it's field staff VERY LITTLE. I can make more if I work part time at a retail job, in which I left my retail job for this one. Big mistake. And the benefits are garbage too.

But the real cherry on top has to be awarded to miscommunication with this company. We Care has multiple coordinators and supervisors who are all apathetic when something benefits you as a field staff. If you rely on someone from this company to forward on something from you, it either won't be done, won't be forwarded to the individual it should be forwarded to, or will backfire on you as you are the problem.

If you need to get a hold of a coordinator or supervisor, GOOD LUCK with that. You can call, leave voicemails, send e mails but YOUR VOICE WILL BE IGNORED. And management is very, very incompetent.
  more... No one will take accountability for their misdoings and will brush it off as nothing happened.

The office staff is also very unprofessional & talk about you behind your back. They will try to interfere with your personal life and treat it as if it should always come last, and We Care should come first. WRONG. VERY WRONG.

The name of this company SHOULD be changed to We Don't Care, which would be a much more accurate name.
Pros
Flexible schedules, but are still harassed to modify it to the supervisors' satisfaction
Cons
Long and dragging hours with minimal pay, disrespect, office staff apathy, everything really
Typical day
Client Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  We Care Edmonton5 April 2017
In a typical day, we have several calls coming in all at the same time. Each of us could have 2 or sometimes 3 line on-going and conversations at one time. From staff being angry about client or client family behavior or concern of health. Or client call that their staff is 3 min late, or time was changed on the week, and staff running late.
At this point it a min assessment of the issues at hand and transferring to the supporting staff whether it be Hr or area Nurse.
We are always busy and actively supporting each other as needed, to fill a shift to speak with a staff to forward off an update schedule or to walk staff down to speak with the area Nurse.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
sometime not enough office staff (LONG WEEKEND)
Terrible management - no work/life balance
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK31 March 2017
Constantly had to work over time (10 hours a day) and most weekends to keep up with the amount of work load. Was expected to do the job of 4 people. I was left alone in the office for days at a time answering a multi phone system and work cell phones. When someone called in sick in the office I was expected to pick up their slack and do my job effectively and efficiently with no hiccups. Called in sick once in the entire year and felt like I was shamed for it for a week.
Management didnt listen to my concerns and then made me feel like I was making everything up because they were never there to actually see what was going on or how the office was being run. They would hire any caregiver that walked off the street. They fired 4 essential office staff in the year I was there and expecting me to pick up the slack while they tired to hire more office goons. No support. Always left alone and never any help. Also I was expected to train the new office staff instead of the manager. Then they asked me to train the manager. Will never go back to this place anywhere in Canada!
Pros
The clients.
Cons
Long hours, way too much work for one person. Horrible management.
Management is terrible
PSW (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 March 2017
I love to got up to gp to work meet my client ,the client are great and i dont mind travel from client to client . Management is terrible ,they dont have respect for the workers ,if you are sick with cold the still want to send you to work with the client and if you refuse then they cut your hours , they dont even respond to your emails or return phone call unless it benefits them.
Pros
nice clients
Cons
terrible Managemrent
very healthy work place environment
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON7 March 2017
very healthy positive work environment, learning to make quick decisions on your own , learning how to utilize your time wisely, consistency of the same clients daily the hard part is driving in bad weather conditions
Pros
positive work environment
Cons
just driving if the weather is bad from consumer to consumer
Flexible
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 February 2017
Flexible hours but I did not get enough shifts. It was an on call basis. So there will be a month where I would not be called to work. That's the only disadvantage I have with this company.
Pros
Live out
Cons
On Call
Excellent management is friendly and smart at the same time.
Community Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 February 2017
This is very good in all respects, company. Excellent management is friendly and smart at the same time. Working here, since graduating from the University Canada West Nursing Assistant, I received a huge amount of practical skills and additional knowledge in this field. I have very good relations with colleagues, management and clients as well. The only one fact makes me look for more stable job - lock of stability. I would like to have a more predictable life and the opportunity to build my plans, to work a certain shift in a certain place, for a certain time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at We Care Home Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9