We Care Home Health Services

We Care Home Health Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Terrible company
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 17, 2016
Very high turnover of staff
Very unorganized
I feel bad for the clients the most, they're the ones that suffer from unorganized management, over worked CA'S and false promises and unrealistic expectations when they hire the company.
Worst experience I have ever had
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 23, 2016
Terrible management, extremely rude to staff and no team work. No Training they expect you to know everything. It's a fast paced job. If you are new your not going to be given a chance unless you know the managers.
I honestly had never worked in a worst environment.
not enough breaks
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBMarch 10, 2016
when working for WeCare the pay period was weird, did not like being forced to work when i was pregnant, not a great company to work for
Fun sometimes
Psw (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONJanuary 19, 2016
The staffs in newmarket are great people and respectful...the cons of this is they have very short hours if the client you are taking of leaves the company and then you are really short of hours... they have to find someone who is going on a leave to take their hours but when they get back you are back to square one...right now I work less than 10 hours per week that can't pay my bill and last year I had close to 90 hours in two weeks...that's a huge difference
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Short hours
Enjoyable to work with clients who, many times, were pretty much housebound but were very enjoyable people to talk to, with and enjoy their company.
Health Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BCDecember 5, 2015
A typical day would be to come into the client's home and ask what they want or need to have done and I would do whatever cleaning they needed doing that week. I always worked alone, this was the nature of our work and only met someone at We Care office in Cranbrook when I picked up my cheque. I would be asked if there were issues with any of the clients and I would discuss any concerns I or the client may have.

The most enjoyable part of the job was doing something for the client that he/she was not able to physically do him/her self.

The hardest part of the job was that time was not always on my side. If the client needed to talk or discuss a bad week or situation, then I spent time listening to him/her. Sometimes time did not allow me to do both, clean and listen. I would always do what I felt the client needed most.

I had wonderful clients to work with, some amazing stories were told, very interesting people, some sad situations, but very enjoyable.
Pros
Meeting wonderful and interesting people.
Cons
Time sensitive.
It is good place to work if you want to make your own schedule
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONNovember 5, 2015
I have worked for this company for the last three years and now that most of my clients are gone and we don't have a contract with ccac I'm looking for work in a new place for more experience.
Compassionate team with dedication to patient-centered care.
Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BCOctober 13, 2015
We Care is a great organization with lots of freedom with choosing your own work schedule, and it offers support for nurses whenever they need it. I worked for We Care for summer employment during nursing school and enjoyed working with the senior that I was assigned.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Work opportunities vary by region
Kind people to work for
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 11, 2015
I love my job but also have taken on a very extensive amount of task to make sure that it runs smoothly for all staff. Lots of work and hours but drama with one staff member.
Poor Management, and No Hours
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BCJuly 22, 2015
- Arrive at client's homes and be uninformed about the updated status/needs of the client: I once did not know a client had MRSA- no phone call informing me of the clients changed health status, not documented in the progress notes, I was NEVER told by dispatch before I went to client. The only reason I knew was because I was friends with a nurse who informed myself and 2 other staff before going to do care on the client.
-I wouldn't be informed about if a client had cancelled services and would show up to a confused client wondering why I was there because they had changed the day or time of services. When I would call the office they would say "stuff like this happens".
-Management were unsupportive and rude
- Paid under the minimum wage a HCA should be paid.
-Other staff were ignorant about how to be a professional in someone else's home and certain practices made me question the "training" they had received.
- Was told I would have full time hours, this never happened.
I would strongly advise anyone who wishes to be employed as a HCA not to work for We Care.
Poor management---unfair to staff---
employee (Former Employee) –  Barrie OntarioJuly 18, 2015
Staff are not treated with respect---clients are neglected as many do not receive services on a consistent basis--complaints are not addressed
review
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BCJune 2, 2015
A nice small town regional hospital. Which undergone renovations and additions in the recent past. Staff are very professional.
Hands down, WORST place I've ever worked
AR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2015
High turnover of office staff. Management is TERRIBLE as they talk horribly about their staff to other staff members instead of addressing the problem directly with the employee. Indirect bullying from management if you dare speak up about a problem. All the managers talk trash about each other in meetings. The place was like watching a live version of 'mean girls'Training was palmed off to other team members yet everything was micro managed. Favoritism isn’t even hidden, its flaunted in your face!!

I learnt absolutely nothing from my time spent here and the best thing about this place was the location and a handful of people I remained in contact with.
Pros
location, some people
Cons
everything
Stable environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BCDecember 24, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and establishing a 'caring' connection.
Pros
meeting new clients
Cons
fluctuating hours
great place to work
Health Care Aide/Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  edmonton abNovember 22, 2014
Communications with clients, case managers, HCA, coordinators, Field supervisors.
Personal care on clients
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
low wage
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 21, 2014
Enjoyed working and meeting new people. Very compassionate and caring.
Horrible management!!!!! Awesome and great clients
HCA (Former Employee) –  Edmonton ABOctober 15, 2014
This company is very unorganized, no travel time from client to client. Treated poorly by supervisors No positive reinforcement NONE!! disciplined on hear say only! not on facts. Favouritism of staff. Long shifts. Still no positive reinforcement. Schedulers Would work you 24/7 if allowed. If you say No or clock out, they cut hours. Company works for the money alone and not for the clients. Many clients call company We DONT Care.
I believe the supervisors LPN'S couldn't get work anywhere else, because their personalities are poor as they have no compassion and do not care about their staff or clients
Cons
extremely long field shifts/ terrible case supervisors
I am very upset with whoever looks after the hiring on line (HR)
CCA (Former Employee) –  Moose JawOctober 11, 2014
All I wanted to know what the wage was and she never replied back. I am a good worker , have work in the health system for a long time and wanted a casual job, as I had worked for we care yrs ago snd thoroughly enjoyed it! But I guess things have changed ! No response in the three emails I sent !
Pros
very poor management of hiring
fun
Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABSeptember 26, 2014
it was a great company to work for, staff were very understanding to my needs as a health care aide
High staff turnover
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Very busy!!! Highly stressful. Very little positive reinforcement from management. Co-workers are under a lot of pressure, but not compensated for continual additions to job description. Management is very often inappropriate, using foul language while others are on the telephone with clientele. Very few opportunities to approach management with concerns, without being made to feel as though your job will be held for ransom. Past staff talked about very negatively and openly by management to everyone.
Pros
cake on your birthday
Friendly work environment. Enjoyed teaching other health care professionals with different characteristics
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  London, ONAugust 25, 2014
Being trained to teach other health care professionals was not as easy as i thought it would be. After a couple shifts I learned how to communicate better with each individual and also in a large group. Normally I have not liked standing up in a room with everyone's attention on me. Working for this company brought out my fears and also made me conquer them. The hardest part was keeping everyone on the same page with my first couple shifts. I had to train them using the new accu check glucose meters. They each had a device and some of them would go ahead of me playing with the device so i would have to stop the lesson and help them go back to where I was initially. Once that happened a few times I knew I had to start lesson by saying that they could not play with device because we only had half an hour to train them and sign their names for yearly certification. I absolutely enjoyed working with this company. I traveled to different hospitals and got to meet and listen to stories from health care professionals about the unit they were on. From my interview to training and my first day of work, management and and staff were more then willing to help in anyway they could. They did so much to make sure that you felt comfortable with teaching methods and that health care professionals were going to understand and be trained with devices properly.
Pros
thankful for friendly management
Cons
only contract job