We Care Home Health Services

We Care Home Health Services Employee Reviews

Productive, job oppurtunities
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKAugust 27, 2016
A typical day at work was when I met my first Resident, and that was my first day at work in Canada as a Health Care Aide. The client appreciated my services to her. At the end of my shift with her, she offered me money, but I refused because it was against our job ethics. As I Left, she called my office to complain about my refusal to take money. She further told the office that the kind of services I rendered to her worth compensation. My office was happy at that, and called me to the office to show appreciation.

From that incident, I learnt it is always good to put in your best at work to make your Clients/Residents happy.

Management is perfect. They appreciate staff dedications at work..

Good team co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is driving from home to home to render care.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when Clients recommends hard workers to the Employers.
Pros
Good recommendations
Cons
Driving, especially, during winter
Worst company ever - should be investigated
Family Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBJune 30, 2016
I worked at WeCare for just over a year, they are THE WORST COMPANY I have ever worked for. Terrible management, terrible communication, SEXIST!!! I was legitimately told I could not be promoted due to the fact I was a girl, and THEY NEEDED A MALE.... even though the current person in that position was female?. The hours are ridiculous, making people work 24 hours straight. The management there was terrible, no managing experience or people skills, would gossip about other employees to other staff. They have staff who overuse prescription drugs (and other drugs) AT WORK, and have done nothing to penalize them. Clients who are legit living with mould in their homes. I would become anxious at the end of every shift because there was such high turnover that staff would often be forced to stay due to other staff calling in sick and not showing up. Stay away.
Pros
Awesome clients. I feel bad for them.
Cons
EVERYTHING besides the clients.
Do not work here
Emergency On-Call Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 1, 2016
This is the worst company I have ever worked for in my life. They do not treat you equally, they discriminate openly towards people, they have continuously scheduled me to work more than 24 hours in a row! Going for evenings, to an overnight shift to days. They do not care about their clients and unfortunately lots of them suffer because of it. They are horribly unprofessional and upper management does nothing to address these issues. Please, do not work for them.
Cons
great place to work but not enough hours to live off of.
Continuing Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Musquodoboit Harbour, NSAugust 11, 2016
great place to work if your looking for the odd few hours here and there out towards musquodoboit harbor and further east.
Pros
good wage! great people to work with.
Cons
not enough hours out towards musquodoboit harbour.
Average
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2016
Working with WeCare Health Services was a great experience. I really enjoyed the flexibility on work load of clients. I enjoyed the many wonderful clients that I met over the year at WeCare.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
driving to clients homes
Horrible place to work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABJune 29, 2016
Management did not take concerns seriously from both staff or clients. We care does NOT care about performing any sincere services.

Terrible place to work
Pros
Cons
bad work environment, management doesn't care and clients suffer the most
Terrible company
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCJune 17, 2016
Very high turnover of staff
Very unorganized
I feel bad for the clients the most, they're the ones that suffer from unorganized management, over worked CA'S and false promises and unrealistic expectations when they hire the company.
Worst experience I have ever had
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 23, 2016
Terrible management, extremely rude to staff and no team work. No Training they expect you to know everything. It's a fast paced job. If you are new your not going to be given a chance unless you know the managers.
I honestly had never worked in a worst environment.
not enough breaks
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBMarch 10, 2016
when working for WeCare the pay period was weird, did not like being forced to work when i was pregnant, not a great company to work for
Fun sometimes
Psw (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONJanuary 19, 2016
The staffs in newmarket are great people and respectful...the cons of this is they have very short hours if the client you are taking of leaves the company and then you are really short of hours... they have to find someone who is going on a leave to take their hours but when they get back you are back to square one...right now I work less than 10 hours per week that can't pay my bill and last year I had close to 90 hours in two weeks...that's a huge difference
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Short hours
Bad scheduling
client (Former Employee) –  Fraser ValleyMay 21, 2014
No shows of staff when scheduled for elderly, sick people whom are forced to be at home despite their debilitating condition and whom are abused emotionally and physically by not receiving help when need it.
New staff is untrained, making clients frustrated.
Staff leaves the company constantly and changes availability in the last minute. Absenteeism is high.
The work is attributed without respect to workers location.
The salary is minimum wages.
Workers are exposed to upset clients, due to management not handling schedules and communication well and lying to both clients and personnel.
Cons
as described
Enjoyable to work with clients who, many times, were pretty much housebound but were very enjoyable people to talk to, with and enjoy their company.
Health Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BCDecember 5, 2015
A typical day would be to come into the client's home and ask what they want or need to have done and I would do whatever cleaning they needed doing that week. I always worked alone, this was the nature of our work and only met someone at We Care office in Cranbrook when I picked up my cheque. I would be asked if there were issues with any of the clients and I would discuss any concerns I or the client may have.

The most enjoyable part of the job was doing something for the client that he/she was not able to physically do him/her self.

The hardest part of the job was that time was not always on my side. If the client needed to talk or discuss a bad week or situation, then I spent time listening to him/her. Sometimes time did not allow me to do both, clean and listen. I would always do what I felt the client needed most.

I had wonderful clients to work with, some amazing stories were told, very interesting people, some sad situations, but very enjoyable.
Pros
Meeting wonderful and interesting people.
Cons
Time sensitive.
Poor Management, and No Hours
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BCJuly 22, 2015
- Arrive at client's homes and be uninformed about the updated status/needs of the client: I once did not know a client had MRSA- no phone call informing me of the clients changed health status, not documented in the progress notes, I was NEVER told by dispatch before I went to client. The only reason I knew was because I was friends with a nurse who informed myself and 2 other staff before going to do care on the client.
-I wouldn't be informed about if a client had cancelled services and would show up to a confused client wondering why I was there because they had changed the day or time of services. When I would call the office they would say "stuff like this happens".
-Management were unsupportive and rude
- Paid under the minimum wage a HCA should be paid.
-Other staff were ignorant about how to be a professional in someone else's home and certain practices made me question the "training" they had received.
- Was told I would have full time hours, this never happened.
I would strongly advise anyone who wishes to be employed as a HCA not to work for We Care.
Horrible Company.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 13, 2014
The company does not care about their staff, no benefits, bad clients, horrible support.
Cons
poor management, bad clients, bad salary
Not a great place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto ONJuly 6, 2013
The business is run too callously, the wages are very low, $11/hour plus no travel benefit from client to client, and no health benefits.
Pros
personal interaction with clients
Cons
short hours, long distance between clients homes
Compassionate team with dedication to patient-centered care.
Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BCOctober 13, 2015
We Care is a great organization with lots of freedom with choosing your own work schedule, and it offers support for nurses whenever they need it. I worked for We Care for summer employment during nursing school and enjoyed working with the senior that I was assigned.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Work opportunities vary by region
It is good place to work if you want to make your own schedule
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONNovember 5, 2015
I have worked for this company for the last three years and now that most of my clients are gone and we don't have a contract with ccac I'm looking for work in a new place for more experience.
Hands down, WORST place I've ever worked
AR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2015
High turnover of office staff. Management is TERRIBLE as they talk horribly about their staff to other staff members instead of addressing the problem directly with the employee. Indirect bullying from management if you dare speak up about a problem. All the managers talk trash about each other in meetings. The place was like watching a live version of 'mean girls'Training was palmed off to other team members yet everything was micro managed. Favoritism isn’t even hidden, its flaunted in your face!!

I learnt absolutely nothing from my time spent here and the best thing about this place was the location and a handful of people I remained in contact with.
Pros
location, some people
Cons
everything
Kind people to work for
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 11, 2015
I love my job but also have taken on a very extensive amount of task to make sure that it runs smoothly for all staff. Lots of work and hours but drama with one staff member.
Giving this job my very best had very disappointing results
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJanuary 6, 2014
Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new clients in the community. A typical day at work was very busy indeed and learned that being in a management position makes one incredibly dispensable.
Pros
learning all about community services
Cons
long hours and work overload

2.8