We Care Home Health Services

We Care Home Health Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly work environment. Enjoyed teaching other health care professionals with different characteristics
Lab Technician (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 25, 2014
Pros: thankful for friendly management
Cons: only contract job
Being trained to teach other health care professionals was not as easy as i thought it would be. After a couple shifts I learned how to communicate better with each individual and also in a large group. Normally I have not liked standing up in a room with everyone's attention on me. Working for this company brought out my fears and also made me conquer them. The hardest part was keeping everyone on the same page with my first couple shifts. I had to train them using the new accu check glucose meters. They each had a device and some of them would go ahead of me playing with the device so i would have to stop the lesson and help them go back to where I was initially. Once that happened a few times I knew I had to start lesson by saying that they could not play with device because we only had half an hour to train them and sign their names for yearly certification. I absolutely enjoyed working with this company. I traveled to different hospitals and got to meet and listen to stories from health care professionals about the unit they were on. From my interview to training and my first day of work, management and and staff were more then willing to help in anyway they could. They did so much to make sure that you felt comfortable with teaching methods and that health care professionals were going to understand and be trained with devices properly.
Enjoyable to work with clients who, many times, were pretty much housebound but were very enjoyable people to talk to, with and enjoy their company.
Health Care Worker (Former Employee), Cranbrook, BCDecember 5, 2015
Pros: Meeting wonderful and interesting people.
Cons: Time sensitive.
A typical day would be to come into the client's home and ask what they want or need to have done and I would do whatever cleaning they needed doing that week. I always worked alone, this was the nature of our work and only met someone at We Care office in Cranbrook when I picked up my cheque. I would be asked if there were issues with any of the clients and I would discuss any concerns I or the client may have.

The most enjoyable part of the job was doing something for the client that he/she was not able to physically do him/her self.

The hardest part of the job was that time was not always on my side. If the client needed to talk or discuss a bad week or situation, then I spent time listening to him/her. Sometimes time did not allow me to do both, clean and listen. I would always do what I felt the client needed most.

I had wonderful clients to work with, some amazing stories were told, very interesting people, some sad situations, but very enjoyable.
Poor Management, and No Hours
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee), Pitt Meadows, BCJuly 22, 2015
- Arrive at client's homes and be uninformed about the updated status/needs of the client: I once did not know a client had MRSA- no phone call informing me of the clients changed health status, not documented in the progress notes, I was NEVER told by dispatch before I went to client. The only reason I knew was because I was friends with a nurse who informed myself and 2 other staff before going to do care on the client.
-I wouldn't be informed about if a client had cancelled services and would show up to a confused client wondering why I was there because they had changed the day or time of services. When I would call the office they would say "stuff like this happens".
-Management were unsupportive and rude
- Paid under the minimum wage a HCA should be paid.
-Other staff were ignorant about how to be a professional in someone else's home and certain practices made me question the "training" they had received.
- Was told I would have full time hours, this never happened.
I would strongly advise anyone who wishes to be employed as a HCA not to work for We Care.
Hands down, WORST place I've ever worked
AR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: location, some people
Cons: everything
High turnover of office staff. Management is TERRIBLE as they talk horribly about their staff to other staff members instead of addressing the problem directly with the employee. Indirect bullying from management if you dare speak up about a problem. All the managers talk trash about each other in meetings. The place was like watching a live version of 'mean girls'Training was palmed off to other team members yet everything was micro managed. Favoritism isn’t even hidden, its flaunted in your face!!

I learnt absolutely nothing from my time spent here and the best thing about this place was the location and a handful of people I remained in contact with.
Horrible management!!!!! Awesome and great clients
HCA (Former Employee), Edmonton ABOctober 15, 2014
Cons: extremely long field shifts/ terrible case supervisors
This company is very unorganized, no travel time from client to client. Treated poorly by supervisors No positive reinforcement NONE!! disciplined on hear say only! not on facts. Favouritism of staff. Long shifts. Still no positive reinforcement. Schedulers Would work you 24/7 if allowed. If you say No or clock out, they cut hours. Company works for the money alone and not for the clients. Many clients call company We DONT Care.
I believe the supervisors LPN'S couldn't get work anywhere else, because their personalities are poor as they have no compassion and do not care about their staff or clients
Met and worked with fantastic, trustworthy coworkers as well as clients
RCA/Home Support Worker (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCFebruary 12, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: deceasing of clients
A typical day at work would be traveling to and from clients houses assisting them with cleaning, meal preps, assisting with showers, toilleting, catheters, hearing aids, mechanical lifts, medication distribution, dressing, etc. I learned how to be a friend in a very professional manner, patience, and to love what i do for work. The hardest part of my job is when a close client has deceased. The most enjoyable part of my job was to be able to have the privalege to be a part of the clients life and help them to sustain independence and dignity.
organizating, reports, working with people
Private Home Care Worker (Former Employee), Saskatoon, SKMarch 31, 2013
Pros: working with the people
Cons: driving all over the city with 3 hour shifts
Going to a persons home and help them get organized for the next few days/ by doing a bit of housekeeping,/ taking them to the bank/ groceries/ visit to relatives/ talk to them as a visitor / sometimes letting them know that what they have done over the last few days wasn't the most appropate behavior/ Then to convince that there is another way. The challenge was good.
The office staff were usually behind me for communication with the family members.
Working with different people, different ages, different personalities was a challenge that I enjoyed.
I learned the ins and outs of a healthcare clinic from a management perspective
On-Call Coordinator (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONOctober 18, 2012
Pros: developed my ability to deal with stress very well.
Cons: very stressful for me as i was young at the time and not ready for such situations
As the on-call coordinator I was responsible for all evening coverage managing the nurses workload, cancellations, and any additional visits not scheduled.
This involved improving my communication skills drastically and also developed my abilities to deal with high stress situations and highly emotional individuals (Both patients and nurses).
I was also responsible for performing clinic inventory checks to assure the nurses had the required supplies and quantities for the visits on their schedule each evening.
Bad scheduling
client (Former Employee), Fraser ValleyMay 21, 2014
Cons: as described
No shows of staff when scheduled for elderly, sick people whom are forced to be at home despite their debilitating condition and whom are abused emotionally and physically by not receiving help when need it.
New staff is untrained, making clients frustrated.
Staff leaves the company constantly and changes availability in the last minute. Absenteeism is high.
The work is attributed without respect to workers location.
The salary is minimum wages.
Workers are exposed to upset clients, due to management not handling schedules and communication well and lying to both clients and personnel.
Fun sometimes
Psw (Current Employee), Newmarket, ONJanuary 19, 2016
Pros: Nice people
Cons: Short hours
The staffs in newmarket are great people and respectful...the cons of this is they have very short hours if the client you are taking of leaves the company and then you are really short of hours... they have to find someone who is going on a leave to take their hours but when they get back you are back to square one...right now I work less than 10 hours per week that can't pay my bill and last year I had close to 90 hours in two weeks...that's a huge difference
High staff turnover
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: cake on your birthday
Very busy!!! Highly stressful. Very little positive reinforcement from management. Co-workers are under a lot of pressure, but not compensated for continual additions to job description. Management is very often inappropriate, using foul language while others are on the telephone with clientele. Very few opportunities to approach management with concerns, without being made to feel as though your job will be held for ransom. Past staff talked about very negatively and openly by management to everyone.
Enjoyable work environment and great staff
Care Aide (Current Employee), Surrey, BCAugust 14, 2013
I've learned a lot from the monthly in services the management holds, from topics like dementia to risk management.

My schedule is always rotating, there is no set schedule, client lists change often.

My co-workers have always been amazing, I've had the pleasure of training a lot of them. But the hardest part of the job is saying good bye to the clients once service is terminated. What I love most is the bright smiling faces of my clients, it keeps me going.....
Forget it.
We Care Calgary (Former Employee), CalgaryMay 26, 2013
Pros: good hearted patients
Cons: just about everything;needs a complete overhaul
Very very high turn over.No definite rule to follow.Inexperienced lower and mid level management make on-the-spot rules according to what inadequacy they have committed,or better still,blame it on the patient or caregivers.No respect for caregivers and absolutely do not care for patients's welfare.Once paid their coordinators if they bring in more clients.Knows nothing or very little about clients but very well versed on billing.Run!
Awesome management
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Barrie, ONJuly 31, 2013
Pros: flexibility in your choice or declining of assignments
Cons: must have own vehicle
A wonderful company to work for. Must have a valid driver's license and vehicle which I do not possess at the current time which unfortunately leaves me without assignments. Other than that I would highly recommend that Personal Support Workers apply to We Care Home Health Services for employment. They have a highly supportive group of support individuals working for them and my experience has been an absolutely awesome one!!!
I am very upset with whoever looks after the hiring on line (HR)
CCA (Former Employee), Moose JawOctober 11, 2014
Pros: very poor management of hiring
All I wanted to know what the wage was and she never replied back. I am a good worker , have work in the health system for a long time and wanted a casual job, as I had worked for we care yrs ago snd thoroughly enjoyed it! But I guess things have changed ! No response in the three emails I sent !
a reputable business still struggling
Office Administrator (Former Employee), Red Deer, AlbertaNovember 24, 2013
Pros: love the clients!!!
Cons: not a very organized company
The scheduler has not been able to set up a future schedule for staff and clients to look forward to.If problems arise, it is hard to get to talk to the appropriate managers to solve. I love working with the clients and they deserve more consistency in their care. The field workers are awesome, but they are terribly misguided by the office.
Compassionate team with dedication to patient-centered care.
Care Aide (Former Employee), Tsawwassen, BCOctober 13, 2015
Pros: Flexible work schedule
Cons: Work opportunities vary by region
We Care is a great organization with lots of freedom with choosing your own work schedule, and it offers support for nurses whenever they need it. I worked for We Care for summer employment during nursing school and enjoyed working with the senior that I was assigned.
It is good place to work if you want to make your own schedule
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Barrie, ONNovember 5, 2015
I have worked for this company for the last three years and now that most of my clients are gone and we don't have a contract with ccac I'm looking for work in a new place for more experience.
Giving this job my very best had very disappointing results
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: learning all about community services
Cons: long hours and work overload
Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new clients in the community. A typical day at work was very busy indeed and learned that being in a management position makes one incredibly dispensable.
Horrible Company to Work For.
Community Support Worker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: nice color of scrubs
Cons: horrible safety for staff
This company is all about making money. They do not have good patient care, as one hour visits aren't usually enough. They also pretend to care about your personal safety, but that is just company policy talking.