We Care Home Health Services Employee Reviews

Excellent management is friendly and smart at the same time.
Community Health Worker (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 February 2017
This is very good in all respects, company. Excellent management is friendly and smart at the same time. Working here, since graduating from the University Canada West Nursing Assistant, I received a huge amount of practical skills and additional knowledge in this field. I have very good relations with colleagues, management and clients as well. The only one fact makes me look for more stable job - lock of stability. I would like to have a more predictable life and the opportunity to build my plans, to work a certain shift in a certain place, for a certain time.
Worst Job I have ever had
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON17 December 2016
This by far has been the worst Job/location I have ever HAD. MANAGEMENT is unprofessional and unsupportive. Very high stress and you are damned if you ask for guidance or any type of help by management. The turnover rate explains it all however management seems to turn a blind eye to the obvious, also applies to many accepts in the office.
Pros
Co workers
York Region Location
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  York Region10 January 2017
I found the York Region location to have issues with the overall management of the company, with things such as scheduling. I found my scheduled times often did not allow enough time for commuting. Overall the work and pay was good for a PSW job.
Productive place to work
Personal Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 December 2016
Great place to work,really enjoyed most of the elderly people.The hardest part of this job for me was that I learned u can't please everybody.
Pros
Lisiening to all the life stories that the clients told me
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 December 2016
Assisted client with bathing, grooming and dressing.
Assisted client with bed transfers, lifting, turning and crutch walking.
Feed clients and when required, measure intake and output.
Pros
Cons
Long Drive
Productive, job oppurtunities
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 August 2016
A typical day at work was when I met my first Resident, and that was my first day at work in Canada as a Health Care Aide. The client appreciated my services to her. At the end of my shift with her, she offered me money, but I refused because it was against our job ethics. As I Left, she called my office to complain about my refusal to take money. She further told the office that the kind of services I rendered to her worth compensation. My office was happy at that, and called me to the office to show appreciation.

From that incident, I learnt it is always good to put in your best at work to make your Clients/Residents happy.

Management is perfect. They appreciate staff dedications at work..

Good team co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is driving from home to home to render care.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when Clients recommends hard workers to the Employers.
Pros
Good recommendations
Cons
Driving, especially, during winter
great place to work but not enough hours to live off of.
Continuing Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Musquodoboit Harbour, NS11 August 2016
great place to work if your looking for the odd few hours here and there out towards musquodoboit harbor and further east.
Pros
good wage! great people to work with.
Cons
not enough hours out towards musquodoboit harbour.
Average
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2016
Working with WeCare Health Services was a great experience. I really enjoyed the flexibility on work load of clients. I enjoyed the many wonderful clients that I met over the year at WeCare.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
driving to clients homes
Worst company ever - should be investigated
Family Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB30 June 2016
I worked at WeCare for just over a year, they are THE WORST COMPANY I have ever worked for. Terrible management, terrible communication, SEXIST!!! I was legitimately told I could not be promoted due to the fact I was a girl, and THEY NEEDED A MALE.... even though the current person in that position was female?. The hours are ridiculous, making people work 24 hours straight. The management there was terrible, no managing experience or people skills, would gossip about other employees to other staff. They have staff who overuse prescription drugs (and other drugs) AT WORK, and have done nothing to penalize them. Clients who are legit living with mould in their homes. I would become anxious at the end of every shift because there was such high turnover that staff would often be forced to stay due to other staff calling in sick and not showing up. Stay away.
Pros
Awesome clients. I feel bad for them.
Cons
EVERYTHING besides the clients.
Horrible place to work
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 June 2016
Management did not take concerns seriously from both staff or clients. We care does NOT care about performing any sincere services.

Terrible place to work
Pros
Cons
bad work environment, management doesn't care and clients suffer the most
Terrible company
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC17 June 2016
Very high turnover of staff
Very unorganized
I feel bad for the clients the most, they're the ones that suffer from unorganized management, over worked CA'S and false promises and unrealistic expectations when they hire the company.
Worst experience I have ever had
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 March 2016
Terrible management, extremely rude to staff and no team work. No Training they expect you to know everything. It's a fast paced job. If you are new your not going to be given a chance unless you know the managers.
I honestly had never worked in a worst environment.
Compassionate team with dedication to patient-centered care.
Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BC13 October 2015
We Care is a great organization with lots of freedom with choosing your own work schedule, and it offers support for nurses whenever they need it. I worked for We Care for summer employment during nursing school and enjoyed working with the senior that I was assigned.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Work opportunities vary by region
not enough breaks
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB10 March 2016
when working for WeCare the pay period was weird, did not like being forced to work when i was pregnant, not a great company to work for
Cons
It is good place to work if you want to make your own schedule
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON5 November 2015
I have worked for this company for the last three years and now that most of my clients are gone and we don't have a contract with ccac I'm looking for work in a new place for more experience.
Hands down, WORST place I've ever worked
AR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 January 2015
High turnover of office staff. Management is TERRIBLE as they talk horribly about their staff to other staff members instead of addressing the problem directly with the employee. Indirect bullying from management if you dare speak up about a problem. All the managers talk trash about each other in meetings. The place was like watching a live version of 'mean girls'Training was palmed off to other team members yet everything was micro managed. Favoritism isn’t even hidden, its flaunted in your face!!

I learnt absolutely nothing from my time spent here and the best thing about this place was the location and a handful of people I remained in contact with.
Pros
Location, some people
Cons
Horrible management!!!!! Awesome and great clients
HCA (Former Employee) –  Edmonton AB15 October 2014
This company is very unorganized, no travel time from client to client. Treated poorly by supervisors No positive reinforcement NONE!! disciplined on hear say only! not on facts. Favouritism of staff. Long shifts. Still no positive reinforcement. Schedulers Would work you 24/7 if allowed. If you say No or clock out, they cut hours. Company works for the money alone and not for the clients. Many clients call company We DONT Care.
I believe the supervisors LPN'S couldn't get work anywhere else, because their personalities are poor as they have no compassion and do not care about their staff or clients
Pros
Cons
Extremely long field shifts/ terrible case supervisors
High staff turnover
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON23 September 2014
Very busy!!! Highly stressful. Very little positive reinforcement from management. Co-workers are under a lot of pressure, but not compensated for continual additions to job description. Management is very often inappropriate, using foul language while others are on the telephone with clientele. Very few opportunities to approach management with concerns, without being made to feel as though your job will be held for ransom. Past staff talked about very negatively and openly by management to everyone.
Pros
Cake on your birthday
Bad scheduling
client (Former Employee) –  Fraser Valley21 May 2014
No shows of staff when scheduled for elderly, sick people whom are forced to be at home despite their debilitating condition and whom are abused emotionally and physically by not receiving help when need it.
New staff is untrained, making clients frustrated.
Staff leaves the company constantly and changes availability in the last minute. Absenteeism is high.
The work is attributed without respect to workers location.
The salary is minimum wages.
Workers are exposed to upset clients, due to management not handling schedules and communication well and lying to both clients and personnel.
Cons
as described
organizating, reports, working with people
Private Home Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK31 March 2013
Going to a persons home and help them get organized for the next few days/ by doing a bit of housekeeping,/ taking them to the bank/ groceries/ visit to relatives/ talk to them as a visitor / sometimes letting them know that what they have done over the last few days wasn't the most appropate behavior/ Then to convince that there is another way. The challenge was good.
The office staff were usually behind me for communication with the family members.
Working with different people, different ages, different personalities was a challenge that I enjoyed.
Pros
working with the people
Cons
driving all over the city with 3 hour shifts

2.9