We Care Home Health Services

We Care Home Health Services Employee Reviews in Canada

Fun sometimes
Psw (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ONJanuary 19, 2016
The staffs in newmarket are great people and respectful...the cons of this is they have very short hours if the client you are taking of leaves the company and then you are really short of hours... they have to find someone who is going on a leave to take their hours but when they get back you are back to square one...right now I work less than 10 hours per week that can't pay my bill and last year I had close to 90 hours in two weeks...that's a huge difference
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Short hours
not enough breaks
Home Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBMarch 10, 2016
when working for WeCare the pay period was weird, did not like being forced to work when i was pregnant, not a great company to work for
Cons
Worst experience I have ever had
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 23, 2016
Terrible management, extremely rude to staff and no team work. No Training they expect you to know everything. It's a fast paced job. If you are new your not going to be given a chance unless you know the managers.
I honestly had never worked in a worst environment.
Enjoyable to work with clients who, many times, were pretty much housebound but were very enjoyable people to talk to, with and enjoy their company.
Health Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BCDecember 5, 2015
A typical day would be to come into the client's home and ask what they want or need to have done and I would do whatever cleaning they needed doing that week. I always worked alone, this was the nature of our work and only met someone at We Care office in Cranbrook when I picked up my cheque. I would be asked if there were issues with any of the clients and I would discuss any concerns I or the client may have.

The most enjoyable part of the job was doing something for the client that he/she was not able to physically do him/her self.

The hardest part of the job was that time was not always on my side. If the client needed to talk or discuss a bad week or situation, then I spent time listening to him/her. Sometimes time did not allow me to do both, clean and listen. I would always do what I felt the client needed most.

I had wonderful clients to work with, some amazing stories were told, very interesting people, some sad situations, but very enjoyable.
Pros
Meeting wonderful and interesting people.
Cons
Time sensitive.
Poor Management, and No Hours
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pitt Meadows, BCJuly 22, 2015
- Arrive at client's homes and be uninformed about the updated status/needs of the client: I once did not know a client had MRSA- no phone call informing me of the clients changed health status, not documented in the progress notes, I was NEVER told by dispatch before I went to client. The only reason I knew was because I was friends with a nurse who informed myself and 2 other staff before going to do care on the client.
-I wouldn't be informed about if a client had cancelled services and would show up to a confused client wondering why I was there because they had changed the day or time of services. When I would call the office they would say "stuff like this happens".
-Management were unsupportive and rude
- Paid under the minimum wage a HCA should be paid.
-Other staff were ignorant about how to be a professional in someone else's home and certain practices made me question the "training" they had received.
- Was told I would have full time hours, this never happened.
I would strongly advise anyone who wishes to be employed as a HCA not to work for We Care.
Bad scheduling
client (Former Employee) –  Fraser ValleyMay 21, 2014
No shows of staff when scheduled for elderly, sick people whom are forced to be at home despite their debilitating condition and whom are abused emotionally and physically by not receiving help when need it.
New staff is untrained, making clients frustrated.
Staff leaves the company constantly and changes availability in the last minute. Absenteeism is high.
The work is attributed without respect to workers location.
The salary is minimum wages.
Workers are exposed to upset clients, due to management not handling schedules and communication well and lying to both clients and personnel.
Cons
as described
Compassionate team with dedication to patient-centered care.
Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Tsawwassen, BCOctober 13, 2015
We Care is a great organization with lots of freedom with choosing your own work schedule, and it offers support for nurses whenever they need it. I worked for We Care for summer employment during nursing school and enjoyed working with the senior that I was assigned.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Work opportunities vary by region
It is good place to work if you want to make your own schedule
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ONNovember 5, 2015
I have worked for this company for the last three years and now that most of my clients are gone and we don't have a contract with ccac I'm looking for work in a new place for more experience.
Kind people to work for
Personal Support Worker (PSW) (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONOctober 11, 2015
I love my job but also have taken on a very extensive amount of task to make sure that it runs smoothly for all staff. Lots of work and hours but drama with one staff member.
Horrible Company.
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 13, 2014
The company does not care about their staff, no benefits, bad clients, horrible support.
Cons
poor management, bad clients, bad salary
Hands down, WORST place I've ever worked
AR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2015
High turnover of office staff. Management is TERRIBLE as they talk horribly about their staff to other staff members instead of addressing the problem directly with the employee. Indirect bullying from management if you dare speak up about a problem. All the managers talk trash about each other in meetings. The place was like watching a live version of 'mean girls'Training was palmed off to other team members yet everything was micro managed. Favoritism isn’t even hidden, its flaunted in your face!!

I learnt absolutely nothing from my time spent here and the best thing about this place was the location and a handful of people I remained in contact with.
Pros
location, some people
Cons
everything
Not a great place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto ONJuly 6, 2013
The business is run too callously, the wages are very low, $11/hour plus no travel benefit from client to client, and no health benefits.
Pros
personal interaction with clients
Cons
short hours, long distance between clients homes
Poor management---unfair to staff---
employee (Former Employee) –  Barrie OntarioJuly 18, 2015
Staff are not treated with respect---clients are neglected as many do not receive services on a consistent basis--complaints are not addressed
review
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BCJune 2, 2015
A nice small town regional hospital. Which undergone renovations and additions in the recent past. Staff are very professional.
High staff turnover
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Very busy!!! Highly stressful. Very little positive reinforcement from management. Co-workers are under a lot of pressure, but not compensated for continual additions to job description. Management is very often inappropriate, using foul language while others are on the telephone with clientele. Very few opportunities to approach management with concerns, without being made to feel as though your job will be held for ransom. Past staff talked about very negatively and openly by management to everyone.
Pros
cake on your birthday
Horrible management!!!!! Awesome and great clients
HCA (Former Employee) –  Edmonton ABOctober 15, 2014
This company is very unorganized, no travel time from client to client. Treated poorly by supervisors No positive reinforcement NONE!! disciplined on hear say only! not on facts. Favouritism of staff. Long shifts. Still no positive reinforcement. Schedulers Would work you 24/7 if allowed. If you say No or clock out, they cut hours. Company works for the money alone and not for the clients. Many clients call company We DONT Care.
I believe the supervisors LPN'S couldn't get work anywhere else, because their personalities are poor as they have no compassion and do not care about their staff or clients
Cons
extremely long field shifts/ terrible case supervisors
Giving this job my very best had very disappointing results
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONJanuary 6, 2014
Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new clients in the community. A typical day at work was very busy indeed and learned that being in a management position makes one incredibly dispensable.
Pros
learning all about community services
Cons
long hours and work overload
I am very upset with whoever looks after the hiring on line (HR)
CCA (Former Employee) –  Moose JawOctober 11, 2014
All I wanted to know what the wage was and she never replied back. I am a good worker , have work in the health system for a long time and wanted a casual job, as I had worked for we care yrs ago snd thoroughly enjoyed it! But I guess things have changed ! No response in the three emails I sent !
Pros
very poor management of hiring
Hca
hca (Current Employee) –  calgary southOctober 2, 2012
Terrible management call you everyday and no guarantee hours, no advacement, just train other hca so they take hours. Calgary South office, work harder nothing in return not even a card
Pros
working with great clients
Cons
company
Forget it.
We Care Calgary (Former Employee) –  CalgaryMay 26, 2013
Very very high turn over.No definite rule to follow.Inexperienced lower and mid level management make on-the-spot rules according to what inadequacy they have committed,or better still,blame it on the patient or caregivers.No respect for caregivers and absolutely do not care for patients's welfare.Once paid their coordinators if they bring in more clients.Knows nothing or very little about clients but very well versed on billing.Run!
Pros
good hearted patients
Cons
just about everything;needs a complete overhaul