We Care Home Health Services

We Care Home Health Services Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poor Management, and No Hours
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee), Pitt Meadows, BCJuly 22, 2015
- Arrive at client's homes and be uninformed about the updated status/needs of the client: I once did not know a client had MRSA- no phone call informing me of the clients changed health status, not documented in the progress notes, I was NEVER told by dispatch before I went to client. The only reason I knew was because I was friends with a nurse who informed myself and 2 other staff before going to do care on the client.
-I wouldn't be informed about if a client had cancelled services and would show up to a confused client wondering why I was there because they had changed the day or time of services. When I would call the office they would say "stuff like this happens".
-Management were unsupportive and rude
- Paid under the minimum wage a HCA should be paid.
-Other staff were ignorant about how to be a professional in someone else's home and certain practices made me question the "training" they had received.
- Was told I would have full time hours, this never happened.
I would strongly advise anyone who wishes to be employed as a HCA not to work for We Care.
Poor management---unfair to staff---
employee (Former Employee), Barrie OntarioJuly 18, 2015
Staff are not treated with respect---clients are neglected as many do not receive services on a consistent basis--complaints are not addressed
Great school placement
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee), Oshawa, ONJune 7, 2015
This was my school placement. Great atmosphere and learned a lot about this business. Clients were always enjoyable to work with.
review
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Cranbrook, BCJune 2, 2015
A nice small town regional hospital. Which undergone renovations and additions in the recent past. Staff are very professional.
Hands down, WORST place I've ever worked
AR (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: location, some people
Cons: everything
High turnover of office staff. Management is TERRIBLE as they talk horribly about their staff to other staff members instead of addressing the problem directly with the employee. Indirect bullying from management if you dare speak up about a problem. All the managers talk trash about each other in meetings. The place was like watching a live version of 'mean girls'Training was palmed off to other team members yet everything was micro managed. Favoritism isn’t even hidden, its flaunted in your face!!

I learnt absolutely nothing from my time spent here and the best thing about this place was the location and a handful of people I remained in contact with.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 21, 2014
Enjoyed working and meeting new people. Very compassionate and caring.
Horrible management!!!!! Awesome and great clients
HCA (Former Employee), Edmonton ABOctober 15, 2014
Cons: extremely long field shifts/ terrible case supervisors
This company is very unorganized, no travel time from client to client. Treated poorly by supervisors No positive reinforcement NONE!! disciplined on hear say only! not on facts. Favouritism of staff. Long shifts. Still no positive reinforcement. Schedulers Would work you 24/7 if allowed. If you say No or clock out, they cut hours. Company works for the money alone and not for the clients. Many clients call company We DONT Care.
I believe the supervisors LPN'S couldn't get work anywhere else, because their personalities are poor as they have no compassion and do not care about their staff or clients
I am very upset with whoever looks after the hiring on line (HR)
CCA (Former Employee), Moose JawOctober 11, 2014
Pros: very poor management of hiring
All I wanted to know what the wage was and she never replied back. I am a good worker , have work in the health system for a long time and wanted a casual job, as I had worked for we care yrs ago snd thoroughly enjoyed it! But I guess things have changed ! No response in the three emails I sent !
fun
Health Care Aide (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABSeptember 26, 2014
it was a great company to work for, staff were very understanding to my needs as a health care aide
High staff turnover
Client Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Newmarket, ONSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: cake on your birthday
Very busy!!! Highly stressful. Very little positive reinforcement from management. Co-workers are under a lot of pressure, but not compensated for continual additions to job description. Management is very often inappropriate, using foul language while others are on the telephone with clientele. Very few opportunities to approach management with concerns, without being made to feel as though your job will be held for ransom. Past staff talked about very negatively and openly by management to everyone.
Friendly work environment. Enjoyed teaching other health care professionals with different characteristics
Lab Technician (Former Employee), London, ONAugust 25, 2014
Pros: thankful for friendly management
Cons: only contract job
Being trained to teach other health care professionals was not as easy as i thought it would be. After a couple shifts I learned how to communicate better with each individual and also in a large group. Normally I have not liked standing up in a room with everyone's attention on me. Working for this company brought out my fears and also made me conquer them. The hardest part was keeping everyone on the same page with my first couple shifts. I had to train them using the new accu check glucose meters. They each had a device and some of them would go ahead of me playing with the device so i would have to stop the lesson and help them go back to where I was initially. Once that happened a few times I knew I had to start lesson by saying that they could not play with device because we only had half an hour to train them and sign their names for yearly certification. I absolutely enjoyed working with this company. I traveled to different hospitals and got to meet and listen to stories from health care professionals about the unit they were on. From my interview to training and my first day of work, management and and staff were more then willing to help in anyway they could. They did so much to make sure that you felt comfortable with teaching methods and that health care professionals were going to understand and be trained with devices properly.
Horrible Company.
Caregiver (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 13, 2014
Cons: poor management, bad clients, bad salary
The company does not care about their staff, no benefits, bad clients, horrible support.
enojoyed working with Seniors
Home Care Aide (Current Employee), Warburg, ABJune 11, 2014
Split shifts
great co-workers
working with Seniors and helping them with their day to day activities
hardest part is losing a client
learned to have patience, and treat others with compassion and care
Bad scheduling
client (Former Employee), Fraser ValleyMay 21, 2014
Cons: as described
No shows of staff when scheduled for elderly, sick people whom are forced to be at home despite their debilitating condition and whom are abused emotionally and physically by not receiving help when need it.
New staff is untrained, making clients frustrated.
Staff leaves the company constantly and changes availability in the last minute. Absenteeism is high.
The work is attributed without respect to workers location.
The salary is minimum wages.
Workers are exposed to upset clients, due to management not handling schedules and communication well and lying to both clients and personnel.
Working with Seniors
Health Care Aide (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 15, 2014
Pros: working with different people
Cons: to short of visits
l really enjoyed my time working with different people in their homes. I learned a lot about being a Health Care Aide.
Excellent Client Care environment
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 26, 2014
Productive and professiona place to work with a team effort approach and excellent Client Care.
Experienced professional with planning and organizational skills that balance work and team support.
Coordinator (Former Employee), WinnipegFebruary 13, 2014
I loved everything about my employment with We Care. Management was great and I loved the work/life balance.
Horrible Company to Work For.
Community Support Worker (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: nice color of scrubs
Cons: horrible safety for staff
This company is all about making money. They do not have good patient care, as one hour visits aren't usually enough. They also pretend to care about your personal safety, but that is just company policy talking.
Promt and Dependable
Caregiver (Former Employee), Moncton, NBJanuary 10, 2014
Was always at work on time and was willing to go beyond her basic responsibilities during her shift. She was always willing to learn and be a part of any task that was asked of her.
Giving this job my very best had very disappointing results
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Kingston, ONJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: learning all about community services
Cons: long hours and work overload
Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new clients in the community. A typical day at work was very busy indeed and learned that being in a management position makes one incredibly dispensable.

1 2 3

About We Care Home Health Services

We Care was founded in Brandon, Manitoba in 1984. Since then, it has grown into Canada’s largest independently owned homecare – Read more