Setting High Standards Builds A Caring Team
At We CareTM, our commitment to our clients has made us Canada’s largest independently owned home healthcare service provider. With over 50 locations across the country, we go out of our way to ensure national standards are delivered with local emphasis.
Due to our exciting growth, we are currently recruiting for
Personal Support Workers
Under the direction of the Client Care Manager/Supervisor, the Personal Support Worker contributes to the quality of a Client’s life by promoting their independence, dignity, social, emotional and physical well being, mobility, personal appearance, comfort and safety. The Personal Support Worker assists the Client with activities of daily living. This includes performing personal care tasks and light housekeeping to support the Client’s desire to remain independent and in accordance with the Client’s own choices and capabilities. The Personal Support Worker cares for all age groups and follows the Client’s care plan with direction from the Care Manager/Supervisor.
- In accordance with care plans and within the provincial scope of practise for Personal Support Workers, assists clients with the personal care tasks of daily living, including skin care, hair care, mouth care, bathing, bowel and bladder care, positioning and movement, basic wound care, feeding (including special diets) and assistance with medication administration and oxygen
- May perform additional duties outside the normal scope of practice, when these duties are appropriately delegated by a registered professional.
- Adapt to varying degrees of supervision and to the client’s requirements and wishes while working within the established service plan.
- Assists with ambulating and mobilization of patient
- Performs other related housekeeping tasks as indicated in the individualized written client service plan.
- Practices universal precautions and adheres to WHMIS protocols.
- Recognizes and reports safety concerns or equipment malfunction in the home environment and acts accordingly to meet the safety and the protection needs of the Client.
- Able to establish communication with appropriate sources in response to emergency situations.
- Reports any unusual incidents.
- Observes, documents and reports any emotional or physical changes in the Client’s condition to the Client Care Manager/Supervisor
- In keeping with the Occupational Health & Safety Act, the Personal Support Worker will take every reasonable precaution to ensure that the workplace is safe.
Personal Support Worker Certificate (or equivalent)
CPR & First Aid certification
- Client’s home
- Institutional setting: nursing home, retirement home, hospitals
Indeed - 16 months ago
We CareTM, our commitment to our clients has made us Canada’s largest independently owned home healthcare service provider. With over...