The Human Resources Manager reports to the Director and manages all human resources related matters by developing, coordinating and/or supporting human resources activities, policies and practices in the areas of recruitment, compensation management, employee relations, performance evaluation and management.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all HR related inquiries and resolve issues as required.
- Determine, recommend and implement employee relations practices designed to establish a positive workplace environment.
- Act as the leader of employee relations activities, ensuring that a high level of problem solving and counseling skills are maintained.
- Work with Management to develop and administer disciplinary measures and performance Improvement Plans as needed.
- Prepare documentation with management to support progressive disciplinary procedures; counsels/supports Management in disciplinary actions including terminations.
- Policy development and interpretation; recommends new or revised HR policies and programs.
- Ensures compliance with corporate policy, local, provincial and federal employment legislation.
- Responsible for HR related communications to Management.
- Work closely with the payroll team to ensure compliance and accuracy of payroll changes.
- Manages systematic approach to recruiting, hiring and orienting employees.
- Manages the administration, development and execution of the performance appraisal process, tools and delivery systems.
- Collaborates with Management to develop salary guidelines and compensation to attract, reward and retain employees and adhering to budgets.
- Develops and publishes directives advising management of company policy regarding regulations, employee relations, employment opportunities, compensation and employee benefits.
- Partners with the Manager of Training to design and implement programs and curriculum to develop skills and competencies.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Degree in business or Administration or Human Resources Management or equivalent.
- Human Resources Generalist background with a minimum of 3 years' experience in a multi-office environment.
- Progressive experience in HR at a management or leadership level with an emphasis on change management and effective communication.
- Ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks and deal effectively with tight deadlines; must be able to quickly respond to issues, apply knowledge to solve problems.
- Maintain a professional attitude under pressure.
- Strong PC skills including MS Office applications.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Skilled in coaching and facilitating conflict resolution.
- A willingness and ability to share your knowledge and experience with others utilizing mentoring and coaching techniques.
- Previous work experience in a unionized environment considered an asset.
ONLY SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. THANK YOU.