To assist with or perform light housekeeping duties which aids the Client in achieving and maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
- Assist with general household management including light housekeeping duties, shopping, meal planning and preparation (recognizing any diet restrictions that may apply).
- Encourage the Client in maintaining independence by supporting them to maintain a clean home.
- Observe, document and report any emotional or physical changes noted in the Client’s condition to the Client Care Manager/Supervisor.
- Be conscience of the hazards in the home environment and to act accordingly in meeting the safety and protection needs of the Client. In keeping with the Occupational Health & Safety Act, the Homemaker will take every reasonable precaution to ensure that the workplace is safe.
- Criminal Record/Vulnerable Persons Screening
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Third party Case Managers
- Community Agencies
- Regional/Franchise Director
- Client Care Manager
- Client Care Co-ordinator
- Client’s home
- Institutional setting: nursing home, retirement home.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL EFFORT
- Travel required via car, transit
- Standing, bending, lifting
- Listening, observing
BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Client Focused
- Ethical decision making ability
- Caring compassionate attitude
- Well organized
- Problem solving
Indeed - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard
We Care was founded in Brandon, Manitoba in 1984. Since then, it has grown into Canada’s largest independently owned homecare service...