JOIN "WE CARE"
We are currently looking for Personal Support Workers to work in Downtown Ottawa, East Ottawa, West Ottawa, Kanata, Stittsville, Carp, Constance Bay, Greely, Manotick, Orleans and Cumberland areas.
At We Care, we know that our clients expect the best service in a truly caring environment. We support our health care professionals by offering a competitive compensation package, outstanding rewards and recognition program, scheduling flexibility and much more.
Serving over 800 communities with over 50 locations; We Care Home Health Services is known to many as Canada's most trusted name in personal support, nursing and homemaking services. We are committed to finding skilled professionals with a natural affinity for caring. Our extensive training, education and advancement programs allow us to state with confidence that our staff are among the very best in the industry - the kind of people we would want providing care to our own loved ones. We are fully accredited by the same organization that accredits hospitals and other healthcare providers across Canada. Since 1984, professionalism and compassion have been the cornerstones of our entire business. They drive every aspect - every day and with every client. Contact us today to see how you can make a difference.
Under the direction of the Client Care Manager/Supervisor, the Personal Support Worker assists the Client with activities of daily living. This includes performing personal care tasks and light housekeeping to support the Client's desire to remain independent and in accordance with the Client's own choices and capabilities. The Personal Support Worker cares for all age groups and follows the Client's care plan with direction from the Care Manager/Supervisor.
- Assist clients with the personal care tasks of daily living, including skin care, hair care, mouth care, bathing, bowel and bladder care, positioning and movement, basic wound care, feeding (including special diets) and assistance with medication administration and oxygen
- Assists with ambulating and mobilization of patient
- Performs other related housekeeping tasks as indicated in the individualized written client service plan.
- Practices universal precautions and adheres to WHMIS protocols.
- Recognizes and reports safety concerns or equipment malfunction in the home environment and acts accordingly to meet the safety and the protection needs of the Client.
- Able to establish communication with appropriate sources in response to emergency
- Observes, documents and reports any emotional or physical changes in the Client's condition to the Client Care Manager/Supervisor
- PSW will take every reasonable precaution to ensure that the workplace is safe.
- Completion of the PSW Certification Program.
- Valid First Aid and CPR Level C certification required.
- Experience working with the elderly.
- Required to be a compassionate, caring, committed and competent individual.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- PSW Certificate
- Flexibility in scheduling (early morning, days and evening availability)
- Paid orientation and training
- Continuous learning opportunities
- Valid drivers license & car required
- Police Clearance within the last 6 months
- Must provide negative TB Test results
- Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
- Must be able to work every second weekend
Interested applicants can apply online or by fax (613) 748-7251. To learn more about We Care's services visit www.wecare.ca
We Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all candidates who have the right mix of skills, abilities and a passion for service excellence to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.