Position Available: Software Developer
Location: Rigaud, QC
Number of Positions Available: 1
Employment type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive, based on qualifications
About the Company:
Located off the western tip of the Island of Montreal, WID inc designs and manufactures sophisticated laser-based trackside monitoring systems for the railway industry. In operation since 1996, WID is a well-established supplier with a solid reputation for producing innovative and reliable systems. The company’s TBOGI wayside monitoring systems are in use by railways on five continents.
Working with hardware specialists, the Software Developer will be responsible for the support and future development of the software aspects of the TBOGI product. The incumbent will ensure the proper functioning of all firmware, drivers and high level programs. Based on system performance and customer requirements the incumbent will also undertake software development projects in house or working with external suppliers.
The incumbent will also participate in the assembly and testing of the TBOGI systems.
- University degree in Software, Computer, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience in C++ / Visual C++
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Drivers license and own transportation
- Valid passport and willingness to travel to the USA and other international destinations.
- Knowledge and experience in MFC, CLR and .Net programming
- Knowledge and experience in Xilinx FPGA and VHDL
- Knowledge and experience in ARM-based and general microcontroller programming
- An interest to work in a lab environment
Please apply with both CV and cover letter